• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's been talk about Cinderace, but I still feel like a fighter based around ball kicking would be kind of awkward to play as.
Eh, I doubt Cinderace would be ballcentric like say, SFV Menat, if anything, I see Pyro Ball working more like a mix of WFT's ball and Ptooie, like, holding B has Cinderace kick the ball up, letting go of B changes the move based on how high it is. Like, at the peak of it's height, it'll become a downwards shot, middle is straight ahead and when it's at the lowest it curves upwards. I don't really want Cinderace but it's not hard to imagine

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Brian admitted he doesn't have any info. And Mojang community manager had no idea about Steve in Smash.
Bear in mind, he's responding to a person who's saying he may be acting coy. To me, it's more of a way to say "No, I'm not acting coy". The next part of his statement is him saying that as much as he wants it to happen, it is something above his pay grade (It is as it's not his decision.)

As for Mojang's Community Manager, she said those statements in 2018/early 2019 when Steve was not yet selected to be in Smash. (No, Negotiations lasting for 5 years does not mean Nintendo said yes 3 years ago).

I'm not going to sit here and try to assume what a community manager should and should not know, but I'm pretty sure they'd know at some point before reveal. When that would be, I have no idea.

I’m still super confused on the Mii Costume thing, why wouldn’t they save Heihachi for the Tekken pack? Do just have that many other Mii Costumes to showcase they decided to send Heihachi in early as a sort of Red Herring?

I’ve never believed in the whole “Nintendo is trying to throw us off!” Schtick but thats the best I’ve got.
If it was anyone, it was likely Harada's idea. That mother ****** is 1-upping even Smash fans now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know.

I'm gonna go and say it.

I think Shantae is actually a likely candidate now.

Beforehand, I always saw her as a no hope but...

She fits a lot of criteria I suspect the last character will have.

• Small third party franchise
  • Popular Smash pic (but not too popular)
  • A developer that is close to Nintendo
  • A reveal that would have been strange at E3
  • Potentially complex moveset that would have meant a long development time
She kinda fits all of that.

Who'd have thought?
Ngl I'd laugh my ass off at this if it happens as people will say Smash always ends on a low note and it must be a disappointing character yet Shantae's got like, top 5 biggest support threads here

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I’m still super confused on the Mii Costume thing, why wouldn’t they save Heihachi for the Tekken pack? Do just have that many other Mii Costumes to showcase they decided to send Heihachi in early as a sort of Red Herring?

I’ve never believed in the whole “Nintendo is trying to throw us off!” Schtick but thats the best I’ve got.
I think Nintendo probably realized, rightfully, that if they'd saved BOTH of the Namco characters till the end, it would have extremely telegraphed that a Namco character was coming.

That said, yeah, it's weird they wouldn't do Lloyd first on his own, and save Heihachi for the Tekken pack.

But this kind of fakout DOES tell me a MH character is still possible. Not a Hunter probably. But possibly a Felyne.

mfw shantae is the one indie character to make it to playable status while undertale, cuphead and shovel knight are thrown in the at/mii bin
WayForward is not an indie dev! !@#$%!@#%$!@#$!@#$$#@$!@#%!!!

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
For all intents and purposes, Ubisoft is back on the menu. Now that Kazuya shows that Mii costumes don't de-confirm companies, Rabbids and the Assassins Creed one mean nothing to Rayman.
Ahem....

They never did.

Also, fun fact...Heihachi was a returning costume...you know, that thing I said a bunch of times already didn't disconfirm at all?

And you guys wonder why I throw shade at your logic so often, and this is why: the masses have been looking at things from the wrong angle for years, and this is just more proof.

Like, I'm pretty sure that I stated way too many times that both Spring Man and Rex are proof that Mii Costumes never disconfirmed, with Spring Man being due to a developer request and fan demand from ARMS because the game evolved as such and Rex being hardware limitations and design decisions because of that. Yet you guys kept going on with this mindset for months, moving the goalpost to suit your narrative, like with Monster Hunter costumes returning and Rex's situation meaning that 'I guess 1st party costumes are just built different, so 3rd party costumes still deconfirm' and I'm sure the new gatekeeping word is that 'Well, if the character got a costume, even if it was a returning one, the COMPANY can get a new character but THAT character is deconfirmed' even though that still makes no sense, especially with returning costumes.

Adding all this in with how Sakurai approaches things, and looking at things from his perspective (as much as I can) and from a business perspective, this was also crystal clear. This is why it sometimes feels like I'm at a Jr. High reading level while a good chunk of the community is at a 3rd Grade reading level. I've never claimed to be extremely intelligent, and I've constantly said that what I see and come up with can be done by anyone, so it's no wonder I get frustrated when I try to converse with the average Smash speculator.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That being said, I was in fact wrong about Smash this time around, and I'm not one to not admit my shortcomings.

I said I was confident in an E3 Double Reveal, but the minute Sakurai showed up I knew we would only get Kazuya. I was also wrong on the characters, but unfortunately part of it was because I got lost in the hype and being overly optimistic so I moved away from some of my personal predictions from 2020.

First, the character: I never said anything about Kazuya in public at all I don't think, and especially not in recent times. However, back in maybe late 2019 I remember telling people that Heihachi would never happen, even if Tekken got a rep. I said it would be Jin or Kazuya, because they both can share the majority of the Mishima fighting style, are iconic main characters, and have the bonus of the Devil Gene to work into their movesets. However, a couple months after the Heihachi costume appeared, I was sure we would get Lloyd as the character if Bamco got anything, and most recently I thought Bamco might miss out again, but there was some small grace period that I remember saying that 'If this DLC is supposed to be the end, and was always looked at this way, Bamco not getting a character doesn't make sense here' and I really wished I had stuck with that because it was in fact right.

So, while I did at some point call this, since I didn't stick with it I can't call that some sort of win on my part, though I am rather pleased with the addition to Smash itself.

I was also wrong about a double reveal, but I'm confused because part of what I said was right: we are getting Kazuya as early as this month.

The reason I find this strange is that, if they somehow needed more time, I don't think they would have announced the presentation date, and it definitely wouldn't be as soon as the 28th. Also, having a character come out this soon means that the next character can come as quick as a Fall Direct, which could easily be in September. We all know the pace Sakurai and his team can work at, and he's back in his office again, so clearly things are back to 100% capacity and have been for a hot minute...and yet, we only got one reveal here, despite them clearly in a position to announce both.

This leads me to believe that there has been some sort of delay, and I'm churning my gears trying to think of what that delay could be.
  • Could it be that they actually need more time, despite being back in the swing of things since before Steve's reveal? Sakurai did make that weird 'We still need to record the presentation' comment, but his video there could have been from a while ago, so they could still be on schedule as normal.

• Could it be that the reveal is scheduled at a certain date/event, merhaps like Steve was close to MineCon? This would lead me to believe that it would be a 3rd party character because a 1st party could be announced at literally anytime with no delay needed.

• Could it be tied to a game announcement? This is similar to the one before, but opens up the door for a new 1st party IP to get a character, and they are just waiting until they announce the game of whichever character is coming next.
However I've already answered these questions, and sadly Smash speculation has already come to a close for the foreseeable future, so I likely won't be around here much at all for a significant amount of time after the reveal of CP11 later this year.

It's been a struggle my guys, lots of ups and downs and a lot of frustration, but I must say I kinda already miss it.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
A wall of text that could have been answered in 20 words, goodness.

I'm not sure what your epiphany about the fall Direct is. It was always obvious that if E3 was a solo reveal, the last character would drop "most likely" in the September Direct, that's not any crazy revelation.
Never said it was, and I also believe I said that they would show up in Fall if they were revealed here.

The weird part is that Kazuya is likely being dropped this month or early August, which means early Fall for the next one, but for some reason they waited to reveal CP11 until a later date despite not needing to in terms of development.

So basically, this solo announcement normally would have no presentation date and have it announced much later like in July or even early August, with CP11 for the holiday season...and yet it basically combined both a super early release and the solo reveal.

In otherwords, there is not normal reason for the announcement to happen like this, and by process of elimination, it's likely tied to some sort of event or game announcement.

But, like I said, none of that really matters now.

EDIT: Also, once again, I never said what I do is impressive. I always mention how anyone can come to these conclusions but just don't because they limit their critical thinking and viewpoints.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
The weird part is that Kazuya is likely being dropped this month or early August, which means early Fall for the next one, but for some reason they waited to reveal CP11 until a later date despite not needing to in terms of development.
Maybe not in terms of development, but maybe in terms of... just wanting to do it like this? The next character is the last character, that we know of, so there may not be any other reason to not reveal them now other than wanting to stretch out the surprise a bit longer.

Shroob

Sup?
Never said it was, and I also believe I said that they would show up in Fall if they were revealed here.

So basically, this solo announcement normally would have no presentation date and have it announced much later like in July or even early August, with CP11 for the holiday season...and yet it basically combined both a super early release and the solo reveal.

In otherwords, there is not normal reason for the announcement to happen like this, and by process of elimination, it's likely tied to some sort of event or game announcement.

But, like I said, none of that really matters now.
Is it not just reasonable to believe that the last.... how many now, 5 characters have all been revealed extremely close to their release date, and they intend to keep it as such?

Pyra/Mythra were revealed over 100 days ago, and released like, 90-ish, Kazuya has lined up more or less in synch with what the FP2 characters have done, and we haven't had a "This character is shown off now, released MUCH later, since Terry, almost 2 years ago now. The closest is Min Min, but she wasn't officially revealed in March.

Someone's been keeping track of reveal/release windows, and in regards to FP2, the wait between Pythra and Kazuya is the longest we've had, but that's also still completely within the norm for FP2, only slightly going over the average.

And frankly, the most logical answer that doesn't need insane conspiracy theories, is that announcing a Fall Direct without knowing who CP11 is, will get Smash fans to tune in in hopes of seeing them. It's basically holding us by the throat and forcing us to tune into a Direct because by then, we'll be desperate for info.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Shantae being playable in Smash would be...something...

One of my hopes since the beginning of ultimate speculation was that we would see an indie character get playable status, although there were other characters I was rooting for to pull this off (SHovel Knight or Sans to be exact)

that said I have played the Shantae games and she's cool and the games are alright, so I wouldn't exactly be upset at her being promoted to playable.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Kazuya Mishima coming in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC newcomer, maybe in the next game of Super Smash Bros. series coming his son Jin Kazama as newcomer.

Shroob

Sup?
Just to refresh everyone's memories:

:ultpiranha: Revealed: November 1st, 2018/Released: January 29th 2019(Free), Feb 1st 2019(Paid)

:ultjoker:Revealed: December 6th, 2018/Released: April 17th 2019

:ulthero:Revealed: June 11th 2019/Released: July 30th 2019

:ultbanjokazooie:Revealed: June 11th 2019/Released: September 4th 2019

:ult_terry:Revealed: September 4th 2019/Released: November 6th 2019

:ultbyleth:Revealed: January 16th 2020/Released: January 28th 2020

(Ignoring the ARMs guessing game)

:ultminminRevealed: June 22nd 2020/Released: June 29th 2020

:ultsteve:Revealed: October 1st 2020/Released October 13th 2020

:ultsephiroth:Revealed: December 10th 2020/Released December 17th 2020(Via winning the Challenger), December 22nd 2020(Regular purchase)

:ultpyra::ultmythra:Revealed: Feb 17th 2021/Released March 4th 2021

:ultkazuya:Revealed: June 15th 2021/Released: Currently unknown, presentation is the 28th with a high likelihood of same day release, and if not, VERY shortly after.

It's really that simple. Characters are just only being shown when they're extremely close to being revealed nowadays, and regardless if CP11 is done or not, Nintendo probably wants to save that as a way to entice us to tune into their Fall Direct, which will be their last General Direct of the year, remember. What better way to boost audience numbers then by having us, by then, 3 months removed from Kazuya, hungry Smash fans tune in in hopes of the chance of CP11 being shown off there, which is, for all we know, the final DLC character of Ultimate, which will be a very big deal regardless of who it is.

We haven't had a "Revealed...NOW....released....MONTHS LATER" character since Terry nearly 2 years ago, and with the Presentation being in 11 days, we're 100% getting Kazuya either the day of, or extremely shortly afterwards give or take a couple days.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Maybe not in terms of development, but maybe in terms of... just wanting to do it like this? The next character is the last character, that we know of, so there may not be any other reason to not reveal them now other than wanting to stretch out the surprise a bit longer.
I'm more leaning to an event/announcement as there is literally no other reason. Saying they are doing it because 'they want to' is a cop out that doesn't lead to future speculation or critical thinking. I could say many things happened because someone or something 'wanted to' but it doesn't get any closer to us finding out WHY it happened like that, it just adds another pointless question.

'Why would they wait when the character is clearly ready and Kazuya is so soon?'

'Well, maybe because they wanted to?'

'Very enlightening. Why would they want to do it like that?'

Remember that Sakurai doesn't like this surprise factor, looming over us that there are more characters but having us buying them early, not having any idea who they are until a year later when we are already more than committed. So, Sakurai has no reason to do this.

Nintendo has already reached the majority of their pass sales by the time Sephy was revealed, and the small amount of people who are waiting until the last character reveal to buy the pass and the even smaller amount or are only buying individual challenger packs are not only so minute that they kinda don't matter but, more importantly, a double reveal would lock them in either way. Numbers are even clear that interest in Smash speculation is dying because of the huge gaps we've had and how Smash fans focus more of their hatred at each other than anywhere else, so the longer they wait the more people will just drop out of showing interest which frankly can cost them sales more than revealing them both. Also, double reveals are infinitely more hype than single ones, and easily would have made this past Direct bump up one or two more on everyone's scores, and would be even more likely to lock in the very last bit of sales they haven't reached yet. So, Nintendo has no reason to do this, or at least nothing to gain.

This to me suggests that they are contractually obligated to say 'Not yet' and wait until a certain game reveal/release or an event or announcement of some sort, and since Nintendo doesn't really need to do that with their own stuff, I believe this last character is also 3rd party.

But I digress, I'm going to stop talking about this as there is no point in speculating about who is CP11. Honestly, I would love to speculate about the future of Smash, and I likely will off-site, but I feel as thought it would be a waste on-site due to the wave the happens when you speak too optimistically about the future of Smash. I'm very hopeful for it, but I think that's all I can say without getting dogpiled.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
We're just going to ignore literally everything laid out in favor of crafting your own narrative then?

Alrighty.
Can you mention other reasons that make sense from a business perspective? Because I've analyzed the situation and thought of reasons and already debunked many of them.

Feel free to contribute something substantial at any time. If it makes sense I will likely include it as an option, but I'm confident that contractual obligation is why.

Or you can just be overly critical about everything I post and offer nothing to the conversation. Your call.

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet

God I hope you're right.

Personally I think Fighter Pass 2 could use a little whimsy and magic. Shantae would fit the bill quite nicely.

Plus it'd be amusing that the DLC for a Smash game yet again ends with girl who dances and uses her hair as a weapon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We're just going to ignore literally everything laid out in favor of crafting your own narrative then?

Alrighty.
I mean, you're talking to a guy who still thinks Cacomallow is alive and went "Mii costumes don't deconfirm because my favourite became one". That argument still hasn't been entirely disproven as Kazuya wasn't the one with the Mii costume lmao

Shroob

Sup?
Can you mention other reasons that make sense from a business perspective? Because I've analyzed the situation and thought of reasons and already debunked many of them.

Feel free to contribute something substantial at any time. If it makes sense I will likely include it as an option, but I'm confident that contractual obligation is why.

Or you can just be overly critical about everything I post and offer nothing to the conversation. Your call.
I literally showed you the last year and a half of character releases, there's no grand conspiracy, they simply reveal and release characters close together. They've been doing this for a year and a half.

Business decisions? To get people like you and me to tune into Nintendo Directs. Frankly put, after Smash 4 ended, I didn't watch a single Nintendo Direct until March 2018 where a friend forced me to, and once Ultimate's DLC ends, I probably will go back to it, since I'm more or less really only interested in the seeing the Smash reveals live, if I want to see what new games are coming out, there are dozens of YouTube channels or gaming websites that'll tell me.

We're going to be 3 months into CP11 discussion by the time that the fall Direct is announced, people are going to be ravenous for info, and as soon as Nintendo announces that Direct, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that an ENORMOUS amount of Smash fans will drop everything and tune into it, whereas, would I watch it if they had already shown off CP11? No, probably not. I'd wait for the Sakurai presents, but skip the Direct entirely.

Sometimes, things don't need to be soo complex and overthought, sometimes, things are just simple.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Since future Smash speculation is kinda frowned upon here, I'd like to offer some future Nintendo speculation.

So some of the things we've heard since 2019 showed up in this Direct, some of them possibly showing up in 2020 if it weren't for the pandemic.

However, many rumors we heard only started late last year or early this year. This suggests that we can still see things we've heard recently showing up later this year, but I think it's a bit less likely.

For example, any rumors or new games that came up more recently could very well not show up until 2022 even for just a reveal because, many times when someone hears information on a game, it often is in early to mid development and still has some time left in the oven before there is enough content ready for a reveal.

I think rumors of a new DK game, a new Kirby game, a new FE game, a new XBC and the like fall under this. However, I think something like Bayo 3 could show up sometime this year, and I think a couple more Mario titles could be sprinkled in this year as well, though of course I don't know specifics and frankly some of these games could be farther along than it seems.

I certainly hope this is the case, as I'm dying to see if K. Rool can come back to the DK franchise, and Star Allies was a might underwhelming.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, you're talking to a guy who still thinks Cacomallow is alive and went "Mii costumes don't deconfirm because my favourite became one". That argument still hasn't been entirely disproven as Kazuya wasn't the one with the Mii costume lmao
Eh, give it 3 months, this'll all be over before we know it, lol. Leave 'em to what they want to believe, they'll see eventually. :drshrug:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm prepared for the final character to be one that feels contractual like Incinaroar and Byleth but it could be a curveball like Bayonetta so anything could happen.

Still, we still need to see Kazuya in action on the 28th so we may be getting ahead of ourselves.

Shroob

Sup?
I think it's the sheer hypocrisy that gets me.

Always comes in with a "Holier than thou" attitude because "Oh the speculation thread is SO dumb", and yet this is the same individual who:

Believed a lot of what Fatman said
Believed, and still does believe, Cacomallow
Claims to "Have heard credible information" in regards to an entire handful of characters.... and yet we're down to the last one and none of his info's come true.
Fought tooth and nail for at least a month straight that FP2 wasn't the end despite Sakurai's clear wording
Refuses to engage in actual discussion if you bring up actual data to support your claim because "It's shutting off the discussion!1!!1!", and then instantly changes the topic

And yet we're the idiots in this discussion apparently.

It's really the last part that gets me. Sometimes, it's okay for a discussion to end. If I say, "WATER IS WET!", you don't need to say, "DON'T SAY THAT, SAYING THAT KILLS THE DISCUSSION!" Some people don't want to live in magical fantasy land filled with conspiracy theories in an attempt to beat a dead horse to pulp. Some people, are okay with taking actual known info at face value for what it is.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I never said CacoMallow is alive, more that it was never truly proven fake. However, I will say that we ARE starting to reach a time frame that seems a bit much for some costumes. If these costumes don't show up with these next two characters, then I can confidently say that some needy asshole faked something that appealed to one of the larger character fanbases in order to screw with them, which is something I'm not sure I could ever understand.

Unless we get more content of course, then it's got, like, maybe two character packs or whatever we end up getting. By then it will be well past any sensible time frame.

I literally showed you the last year and a half of character releases, there's no grand conspiracy, they simply reveal and release characters close together. They've been doing this for a year and a half.

Business decisions? To get people like you and me to tune into Nintendo Directs. Frankly put, after Smash 4 ended, I didn't watch a single Nintendo Direct until March 2018 where a friend forced me to, and once Ultimate's DLC ends, I probably will go back to it, since I'm more or less really only interested in the seeing the Smash reveals live, if I want to see what new games are coming out, there are dozens of YouTube channels or gaming websites that'll tell me.

We're going to be 3 months into CP11 discussion by the time that the fall Direct is announced, people are going to be ravenous for info, and as soon as Nintendo announces that Direct, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that an ENORMOUS amount of Smash fans will drop everything and tune into it, whereas, would I watch it if they had already shown off CP11? No, probably not. I'd wait for the Sakurai presents, but skip the Direct entirely.

Sometimes, things don't need to be soo complex and overthought, sometimes, things are just simple.
Had a longer post, but I know how you dislike them and tend to only read the first paragraph, so here.
  • Smash is big, and the biggest it's ever been, but it's made up of everything bigger than it and there are many more reasons to watch Direct than just Smash.

• Your personal experience doesn't matter here: that is anecdotal, and we are talking about a majority. Viewership will drop, but not as much as you think and it won't cripple them.

• Starving people into back-to-back reveals judged lackluster by the community hurts more than helps. This is why other companies with similar games tend to have multiple reveals at events like EVO.

• What you think is face value is what is actually up for discussion aren't always the same thing, despite what you may think. If everyone quit discussing things that other thought were 'just how it is' lots of progress in the world would never have happened. 'Water is wet' is not the same as 'CP11 is the end of Smash Ultimate content'.

• It is your assumption we are at the end of the line for Smash. I could easily be wrong and will admit it if the time comes.

• I tend not to agree with people who are consistently wrong and refuse to acknowledge it, moving on to the next phase without learning anything from it.

• This information is able to be gathered by anyone with a functioning brain and knowing how to browse the internet. It could just be wrong, or be cancelled projects, and we may never know which.

• This is why I won't be talking about Smash's future here, because everyone who says it's over is convinced they are right and are ridiculous to those who suggest otherwise.

• I don't believe in CacoMallow: I merely know that it cannot be fully dealt with until we are done with Smash content, or enough time has passed. Yes, this means if we get more content announced after CP11, I still see CacoMallow as up in the air, but it gets weaker every release that passes.

• A certain janitor actually just got a couple things he said in 2019 revealed this Direct, while other people in the community of leakers didn't know anything or ate **** and were wrong, including names like Imran Khan. Not that I care, but since you guys REALLY like bringing him up all the time, I figured I'd let you know.

• Not only is that not true, but when I see the same arguments used all the time and nothing changes, I tend to leave arguments where no one will budge now rather than trying to push the issue. I've learned from individuals in the past that respond similar to some of you all here that people can argue about points no matter how much sense they make or how refuted they are, and people take bias into account when it has no place in a discussion, to the point of attacking others rather than actually having a b-and-froth discussion where it evolves and both parties take something from it. You offer nothing new or significant, and you refuse to take anything from my side, so your position never changes nor is open for discussion while mine shifts based on what I learn. Neither will budge, and rather than stay in an endless loop until someone gets genuinely upset and it devolves into slander, I move onto more productive things.

• Responding to you was pointless because you still have you preconceived notions about me and we have no way of communicating in person to actually understand each other better rather than being some privileged apes smacking buttons on a board trying and failing to discuss why their favorite clump of data with appealing art direction is getting in over anothers. I was just bored with nothing better to do, so I wasted some time.

• There may be some people here who might feel awful dumb later this year. I only hope to not be one of them, but it's not that big a deal if I am.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I never said CacoMallow is alive, more that it was never truly proven fake. However, I will say that we ARE starting to reach a time frame that seems a bit much for some costumes. If these costumes don't show up with these next two characters, then I can confidently say that some needy asshole faked something that appealed to one of the larger character fanbases in order to screw with them, which is something I'm not sure I could ever understand.

Unless we get more content of course, then it's got, like, maybe two character packs or whatever we end up getting. By then it will be well past any sensible time frame.

Had a longer post, but I know how you dislike them and tend to only read the first paragraph, so here.
  • Smash is big, and the biggest it's ever been, but it's made up of everything bigger than it and there are many more reasons to watch Direct than just Smash.

• Your personal experience doesn't matter here: that is anecdotal, and we are talking about a majority. Viewership will drop, but not as much as you think and it won't cripple them.

• Starving people into back-to-back reveals judged lackluster by the community hurts more than helps. This is why other companies with similar games tend to have multiple reveals at events like EVO.

• What you think is face value is what is actually up for discussion aren't always the same thing, despite what you may think. If everyone quit discussing things that other thought were 'just how it is' lots of progress in the world would never have happened. 'Water is wet' is not the same as 'CP11 is the end of Smash Ultimate content'.

• It is your assumption we are at the end of the line for Smash. I could easily be wrong and will admit it if the time comes.

• I tend not to agree with people who are consistently wrong and refuse to acknowledge it, moving on to the next phase without learning anything from it.

• This information is able to be gathered by anyone with a functioning brain and knowing how to browse the internet. It could just be wrong, or be cancelled projects, and we may never know which.

• This is why I won't be talking about Smash's future here, because everyone who says it's over is convinced they are right and are ridiculous to those who suggest otherwise.

• I don't believe in CacoMallow: I merely know that it cannot be fully dealt with until we are done with Smash content, or enough time has passed. Yes, this means if we get more content announced after CP11, I still see CacoMallow as up in the air, but it gets weaker every release that passes.

• A certain janitor actually just got a couple things he said in 2019 revealed this Direct, while other people in the community of leakers didn't know anything or ate **** and were wrong, including names like Imran Khan. Not that I care, but since you guys REALLY like bringing him up all the time, I figured I'd let you know.

• Not only is that not true, but when I see the same arguments used all the time and nothing changes, I tend to leave arguments where no one will budge now rather than trying to push the issue. I've learned from individuals in the past that respond similar to some of you all here that people can argue about points no matter how much sense they make or how refuted they are, and people take bias into account when it has no place in a discussion, to the point of attacking others rather than actually having a b-and-froth discussion where it evolves and both parties take something from it. You offer nothing new or significant, and you refuse to take anything from my side, so your position never changes nor is open for discussion while mine shifts based on what I learn. Neither will budge, and rather than stay in an endless loop until someone gets genuinely upset and it devolves into slander, I move onto more productive things.

• Responding to you was pointless because you still have you preconceived notions about me and we have no way of communicating in person to actually understand each other better rather than being some privileged apes smacking buttons on a board trying and failing to discuss why their favorite clump of data with appealing art direction is getting in over anothers. I was just bored with nothing better to do, so I wasted some time.

• There may be some people here who might feel awful dumb later this year. I only hope to not be one of them, but it's not that big a deal if I am.
How can you write soo much, but end up saying soo little? This reads as nothing short of how great and smart you are while everyone else is bad and dumb.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This is becoming a spitting match. I suggest everyone drop it.

So Advance Wars is cool. Think it has a chance for next Smash?
I say it depend if the remake does well.

That, and if peoples want AW rep, they gotta make their voices heard now more than ever.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I guess but only in the same way anything else could be a possibility. Things could very well have changed a lot by the time another Smash happens.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

It's possible if the remake ends up being a big success. At the very least the future of the series is looking bright and a character joining Smash in the next game isn't as unlikely as before.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know.

I'm gonna go and say it.

Who'd have thought?
Shantae would be a fun final pick for sure and I would not be mad or upset with her inclusion to round off the roster. Plus, the Shantae series has fantastic music and more than enough characters for a spirit board

SKX31

Smash Master
You know.

I'm gonna go and say it.

Who'd have thought?
I'm not entirely sure on Shantae partly since Nintendo's stance on indies as playable are a ? for the time being (it's why I'm not fully confident with Reimu and thought that Arle / Adol were the most likely by a really small margin pre-:ultkazuya: ) but she's certainly back in the running. Her and Risky using the traditional renders for Spirits might mean that if she does get in she'll use a newer render for the Fighter Spirit.

It's certainly possible, although its chances are very difficult to judge from this point in time. Depends heavily on how well AW does, if Sakurai or his heir(s) can find a suitable moveset and when Smash 6 starts development. The likely absence of a Ballot makes things a bit more difficult to judge, which puts a lot more emphasis on the AW fanbase to make their voices heard.

Also, in more miscellaneous news:

(And no, Smash does not have a Portuguese translation currently.)

Pinging 3BitSaurus and cothero.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

I think it mainly hinges on whether the remake does well in Japan as the series has never really done well over there. Days of Ruin wasn't released there until 5 years later (as a Club Nintendo promo) while the latest remake wasn't even shown in the Japanese Direct. Get rid of that hurdle and make the series more active and I think AW has a real chance.

Could also happen if Sakurai wants to give the series a sort of base game promotional chance. Funnily enough, it'd be the same situation as Marth/Roy in Melee: an Intelligent Systems character gets added and helps promote the series in a specific part of the world. In this case, an AW rep in Smash would probably help the series a lot in Japan.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman

The main hurdle Advance Wars needs to clear once Rebootcamp sells well (which it will) is that its popular characters aren't seen directly engaging in combat in any way. In terms of conceptualising a moveset, they're only a slight step above visual novel characters. Obviously it's still 100% possible to happen, it's just... going to take considerable effort.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace

No it was never proven fake but honestly, after someone modded a box over a mii costume' s head saying "Anyone can make a fake leak". The one flimsy reason to even consider it's legitimacy went flying out the window faster than Ganondorf went into that volcano.
So by Occum's Razor, it is madness to believe the video to be real.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That moment someone made a tweet of a mock-up of a splash screen for smash with I think it' saying " Please Mr Hashimoto, Sora for smash?" In japanese and Shinji Hashimoto just replied with "YES!" and it being deleted quickly after will never not be funny

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I havent been super active here, when did Sakurai said conclusively Pass 2 was it?

Btw, whatever happened to that extra slot thingy datamined in smash page? Many think it hints at a bonus fighter but it could be anything, was that ever disproven or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom