• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
A certain janitor actually just got a couple things he said in 2019 revealed this Direct, while other people in the community of leakers didn't know anything or ate **** and were wrong, including names like Imran Khan. Not that I care, but since you guys REALLY like bringing him up all the time, I figured I'd let you know.
I don't think that any of the things that were shown in Direct contradict any of the statements from Imran Khan and other insiders. The closes thing to that is that we're probably not getting Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD on the Switch this year, but if that's the thing you're referring to then I guess Fatman doesn't get to have credits for "predicting" the Diamond and Pearl remakes and SS HD since they happened more than a year after he "leaked" them.

But besides that, it's a matter of fact that since he began to leak "independently" from S*bi he got exactly 0 characters right and Kazuya wasn't even a character that he heard about sporadically in the rumor mill like Sephiroth was.
So no, I don't think you can genuinely say that he is/was more reliable than any of the common folks here.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I havent been super active here, when did Sakurai said conclusively Pass 2 was it?

Btw, whatever happened to that extra slot thingy datamined in smash page? Many think it hints at a bonus fighter but it could be anything, was that ever disproven or something?
I think it was in one of the last articles he did

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I havent been super active here, when did Sakurai said conclusively Pass 2 was it?

Btw, whatever happened to that extra slot thingy datamined in smash page? Many think it hints at a bonus fighter but it could be anything, was that ever disproven or something?
First question answered by skylanders fan skylanders fan

As for the second, we still don’t know. It hasn’t been proven OR disproven, we’ll just have to wait and see what that’s all about

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

He said FP2 was it in an Famitsu Column after Pyra/Mythra's presentation. The extra slot hasn't been disproven yet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Iirc after Smash 4’s final presentation they made all seven DLC downloadable in a package

but I doubt it this time around, not only cuz that number on the eshop is in between CP11 and the Ancient Armor Mii, but also cuz you’ve already got two separate pass models, it’d seem redundant

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
One thing I wanna see what people think is the odds that we just get a blanket “Final Smash Presentation” similar to 4.

if we are getting a bonus, it would make sense to show there in particular. Imo, if we get this instead of smash in a fall direct, I would be more confident in the bonus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is becoming a spitting match. I suggest everyone drop it.

So Advance Wars is cool. Think it has a chance for next Smash?
I disagree it isn't cool at all.

Half joking aside, I doubt it. First of all, the remakes need to sell well and while I don't doubt that they'll turn up a profit, I do doubt they'll sell gangbusters as like already mentioned, Japan didn't get it at E3 at all and there's also how it doesn't seem to have a physical release, which is generally a sign that a publisher lacks confidence, doubly so as I get the feeling Wayforward were the ones who approached Nintendo for this. Then there's actual fan demand, I don't see the main trio being popular enough requests to catch Nintendo's attention, though to be fair I don't know about how popular they were in Brawl which changes my perspective.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One thing I wanna see what people think is the odds that we just get a blanket “Final Smash Presentation” similar to 4.

if we are getting a bonus, it would make sense to show there in particular. Imo, if we get this instead of smash in a fall direct, I would be more confident in the bonus.
That’s actually what I was thinking too

plus I feel like they HAVE to otherwise announce this is the final presentation, it’d feel anticlimactic to treat CP11’s like any other presentation except for “that’s all for Ultimate” at the end. Like there’s no buildup you know?

Firox

Smash Master
Hmm… might be on to something here 🤔
I find it absolutely depressing how incredibly probable it is that we will end up with a disappointing, swordweilding shill for the last DLC character. I want to believe they won't. There are so many legit characters left out there in the universe, but we've been burned so many times on the last reveal that I just don't have any faith left. None whatsoever.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I hope we get someone like Plant again. Like, don’t even pretend it has to make sense somehow. Gimme a Lynel or Toadette or anything inane and random.
Goomba has been one of my most wanted characters long before we got Plant. I’m cool with generic enemies as long as they’re cool and fun. Plant is a really unique and interesting character that is funny for how out of place it is in a fighting game.

I’d also love to see random Final Fantasy summons like Diablos, Shiva, Ifrit, or Bahamut as playable characters.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure on Shantae partly since Nintendo's stance on indies as playable are a ? for the time being (it's why I'm not fully confident with Reimu and thought that Arle / Adol were the most likely by a really small margin pre-:ultkazuya: ) but she's certainly back in the running. Her and Risky using the traditional renders for Spirits might mean that if she does get in she'll use a newer render for the Fighter Spirit.

It's certainly possible, although its chances are very difficult to judge from this point in time. Depends heavily on how well AW does, if Sakurai or his heir(s) can find a suitable moveset and when Smash 6 starts development. The likely absence of a Ballot makes things a bit more difficult to judge, which puts a lot more emphasis on the AW fanbase to make their voices heard.

Also, in more miscellaneous news:

(And no, Smash does not have a Portuguese translation currently.)

Pinging 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus and cothero.
Can confirm, the eShop is so dumb over here that most Brazilians I know actually use accounts in other regions just so they can purchase games.

It's been that way since the past generation. For example, I wasn't able to buy the Pokemon G/S/C games because they weren't available in the shop.

What kills me is that it didn't have to be this way. I don't care if the games aren't localized, Nintendo, I just want to play your games.

Disappointment with a sword you say?

who said it had to be ONE sword? And what if they had two GUNS as well?

let me dream 🥺

…alternatively, who said they HAD to have a SWORD? 🐙
Hmm, so a LoL rep still has a shot.

We all know that Yasuo is the perfect gateway to disappointing your friends and family. :4pacman:

Stratos

Smash Ace
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 maybe released on the next Nintendo console and Link's moves will remain the same in the next game of Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 maybe released on the next Nintendo console and Link's moves will remain the same in the next game of Super Smash Bros.
Maybe, but let’s wait to see what happens first

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I could have predicted Kazuya had I not thought that Heihachi was the only likely Tekken rep. I know every reveal magically makes sense in hindsight, but I knew we were gonna get a fighting game character as CP10, it was just a matter of who.
I, for one, predicted a Namco rep way before it was revealed. I'd have considered Tekken was on the table had it not been because of the mii costume.

Speculation can make sense in hindsight, but we always hinder ourselves by putting some sort of fanrule before a character's inclusion.

And that has happened with each and every single reveal so far (all of them broke at least one):

-Min Min & Pyra/Mythra: Only the ''main'' character can join

-Steve: no way Microsoft is getting two reps, also too western heavy and hard to adapt

-Sephiroth: Self explanatory. Square is petty, no new songs, licensing nightmare, hard to balance, lack of demand, no second unique 3rd party reps, they'd rather get another FF in (lmao), etc.

-Pythra again: Rex mii means a XC2 rep is out

-Kazuya: lol, everyone was speculating every Namco rep on the sky but this dude. Literally the only thing that held a Tekken rep back from speculation was a silly mii costume from Sm4sh.

That's why I think the last one will be unexpected, no Shantae, Eggman, Crash, Master Chief or Dante (sadly).
I think it will be something among the lines of a promoted AT or a RE rep. Something literally nobody saw it was coming, which has also been a trend in this pass alongside the ''second chance'' theory.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Disappointment with a sword you say?

who said it had to be ONE sword? And what if they had two GUNS as well?

let me dream 🥺

…alternatively, who said they HAD to have a SWORD? 🐙
I would love Elma in Smash. Xenoblade is one of my favorite series and Elma is my favorite of all the main protagonists in the whole series. I think she has a pretty decent chance for the next Smash, especially if they go back to X for the next Xenoblade game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Literally the only thing that held a Tekken rep back from speculation was a silly mii costume from Sm4sh.
I was occasionally still discussing a Tekken rep after the costume.

But I thought it'd be a next game thing, if anything.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I, for one, predicted a Namco rep way before it was revealed. I'd have considered Tekken was on the table had it not been because of the mii costume.

Speculation can make sense in hindsight, but we always hinder ourselves by putting some sort of fanrule before a character's inclusion.

And that has happened with each and every single reveal so far (all of them broke at least one):

-Min Min & Pyra/Mythra: Only the ''main'' character can join

-Steve: no way Microsoft is getting two reps, also too western heavy and hard to adapt

-Sephiroth: Self explanatory. Square is petty, no new songs, licensing nightmare, hard to balance, lack of demand, no second unique 3rd party reps, they'd rather get another FF in (lmao), etc.

-Pythra again: Rex mii means a XC2 rep is out

-Kazuya: lol, everyone was speculating every Namco rep on the sky but this dude. Literally the only thing that held a Tekken rep back from speculation was a silly mii costume from Sm4sh.

That's why I think the last one will be unexpected, no Shantae, Eggman, Crash, Master Chief or Dante (sadly).
I think it will be something among the lines of a promoted AT or a RE rep. Something literally nobody saw it was coming, which has also been a trend in this pass alongside the ''second chance'' theory.
What about a Splatoon 2 character, be it Octolings or Off the Hook? A lot of people wrote off that happening cuz of the Squid Sisters Miis earlier in the pass (never mind that they were based on the AT like with the Bomberman Mii)

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
What about a Splatoon 2 character, be it Octolings or Off the Hook? A lot of people wrote off that happens cuz of the Squid Sisters Miis earlier in the pass (never mind they were based on the AT like with the Bomberman Mii)
That's among the most likely first parties imo
Octoling may or may have not been considered for base game but was ultimately delayed because of time constraints, and if such is the case maybe they are the last spot.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What about a Splatoon 2 character, be it Octolings or Off the Hook? A lot of people wrote off that happening cuz of the Squid Sisters Miis earlier in the pass (never mind that they were based on the AT like with the Bomberman Mii)
They would probably be semiclones, or even full on clones of the Inklings.

Dukefire

Smash Master
we got two weeks to see what Kazuya brings with the Tekken series on music, spirit battles, the stage (Central Tower if I'm saying it right) and the Mii Costumes that follow Namco's games.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
So I want y’all to recall this Second Chance Theory:

Now recall how in Byleth’s Sakurai Presents, Sakurai states “Looks like we have one more fighter than last time!” upon the official reveal of FP2.

What if CP11 is that one more fighter because it’s the one fighter that doesn’t fit with the Second Chance theory?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of Elma, I wonder how they would incorporate the Skell into her moveset? More than likely, it would just be a final smash but I’d love to see something a bit more creative with it than just that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They would probably be semiclones, or even full on clones of the Inklings.
Not necessarily? They can use totally different weapons than inklings and maybe hit harder but conversely able to be punished harder, almost like Octo Expansion itself. The only thing they’d share is the ink mechanic and Up B (with an octopus instead of squid)
we got two weeks to see what Kazuya brings with the Tekken series on music, spirit battles, the stage (Central Tower if I'm saying it right) and the Mii Costumes that follow Namco's games.
Spirits… probably just Tekken peeps, Heihachi included
Music - the Tekken 6 character select is a MUST, other than that I’m fine with whatever
Mii costumes - Lloyd for sure. Probably Nightmare too. Maybe the Prince from Katamari. Maybe Monokuma cuz of the Switch DR collection, maybe another indie with a song (make it NOT a gunner this time please)

kinda doubt a KOS-MOS Mii as her design is very intricate for a Mii

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

Now recall how in Byleth’s Sakurai Presents, Sakurai states “Looks like we have one more fighter than last time!” upon the official reveal of FP2.

What if CP11 is that one more fighter because it’s the one fighter that doesn’t fit with the Second Chance theory?
I've thought as much, but if that was the case it could be a heavily requested character instead which I don't think it's very likely at this point, since E3 would've been perfect to show him off.

There's also the possibility of a random shill that we all dread.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also I’ll just throw out some Mii Costume predictions for Kazuya’s wave:

I think we’ll get a deluxe mii costume. We have not gotten one since Steve’s wave, that being Bomberman.

I think we’ll get some Tekken costumes like a Jin Brawler outfit
Lloyd’s costume WILL come back imo for sure
I think a Dark Souls swordfighter costume is possible

A bit of a stretch but given the fighting game theme, MAYBE a Scorpion outfit?

Yep.
Also, who knows, this CP could be one giant love letter to Bandai Namco.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've thought as much, but if that was the case it could be a heavily requested character instead which I don't think it's very likely at this point, since E3 would've been perfect to show him off.

There's also the possibility of a random shill that most of us dread.
Fixed

if Octoling or by some miracle Elma are that “shill” I will be pogging :awesome:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Okay, so what are all the fan rules that haven't been broken yet? I wanna challenge myself by predicting the final character, dependent on which trend would be broken.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay, so what are all the fan rules that haven't been broken yet? I wanna challenge myself by predicting the final character, dependent on which trend would be broken.
  • No Assist Trophy promotions in the same game
  • no double dipping in the same pass (franchises, third parties)
  • no semi-clones/echoes (I believe Sakurai only said no echoes for the FIRST pass)
  • Spirit events kill companies’ chances if that’s their first piece of content (Koei, ArcSys)

idk any others

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This is becoming a spitting match. I suggest everyone drop it.

So Advance Wars is cool. Think it has a chance for next Smash?
I'm gonna say no on the account that most of the Nintendo characters that have become playable have had their most recent games developed in house like ARMS and Splatoon or have worked closely with Nintendo like Byleth and Pyra/Mythra.

Dude that's what I've been saying! I've always had my eye on Challenger Pack 11 in case it turned out to be the outlier. The fact there are going to be no more returning mii costumes after Lloyd's one inevitably returns with Kazuya and the delay of revealing an 11th challenger pack really makes me think there could be something going on with Fighter 11.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom