• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Strangely enough...

Gamexplain is also jumping on the 4 in 1 Champion idea.

I find this suspicious.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

Strangely enough...

I find this suspicious.
The video specifically talks about it being a character idea though. They're not saying the champions of hyrule will get in and if they knew they would get in they wouldn't make a character idea video.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Strangely enough...

I find this suspicious.
I don't think it's happening because we just had a multi-character last time and this would basically be twice the work as Pyra/Mythra and Sakurai himself openly said that multi-characters were too intensive and time-consuming to implement back in Pyra/Mythra's Sakurai Presents.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Does anyone actually want to make final bets on who the last 2 are?

My final bet is Sol Badguy and Waluigi.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone find it suspicious that Waluigi seems to be highlighted in the Mario Golf trailers WAY more than he usually gets highlighted in spinoff trailers? They usually don't pay much attention to Waluigi but the announcer specifically talked about him in the trailer.

People are gonna call me crazy for this, but I think he might get revealed tomorrow with how much Nintendo has suddenly started paying attention to him.
I dont really find it suspicious. He was shown for like 2 seconds while the announcer mentioned him just like he did the other characters

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I dont really find it suspicious. He was shown for like 4 seconds while the announcer mentioned him just like he did the other characters
Yeah but he doesn't usually get namedropped in the trailers and Waluigi has basically showed up in all of the promotion for this game.

Saying his name is paying special attention to him, not just "showing" him. Nintendo doesn't usually pay special attention to him but they have been with the advertisements for this game and the Waluigi controller. It just seems weird to me when we're this close to the direct.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
A first party character and a lower-key third party like Terry was. I'm convinced we peaked at Sephiroth and Steve
Yeah. We might even end up with 2 low-key third parties. I do think that Steve and Sephiroth were the big hype characters for this pass like Hero and Banjo & Kazooie were last time.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I swear, we get asked who our predictions are once a day...
The anticipation is getting to us, with the reveal being upon us in 23 hours and 15 minutes.

Still sticking to my double reveal guns with Phantasy Star and Master Chief and my single reveal guns with Chosen Undead, Saber, Bill & Lance or a Falcom character.
Is this only for Sakurai Presents stuff? If not, it could be just the reveal trailer and the Sakurai Presents.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I swear, we get asked who our predictions are once a day...
But our predictions change like every minute so I guess it's normal for us to do this lol

As for the 4-1 thing about the BotW Champions, I strongly, strongly doubt it. Pyra and Mythra have the same body and all, and they share most of the moveset. That doesn't work with the Champions, which couldn't be echoes at all. Each one is so different from the others in all senses, it's a crazy idea.

I mean, I guess it isn't impossible, and it would make sense because of BotW2 and the success of the first one, but I don't think even Sakurai would be able to pull that off.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well, hey. I just finished high school. And now it's just less than one full day left 'till at least one fighter reveal! I gotta say, I'm excited. I feel pretty good about things. What a wild ride this has been. I'm not terrifically interested in speculating on the next installment, but I really did enjoy this very long and very fun cycle. I dunno if you people will see me again, but who knows how things'll go, really?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As much as I'd love for them to go all-in with a dual reveal that it's Crash Bandicoot and Dante from the Devil May Cry series, I'm expecting that we're probably going to get one character announced - probably a lower-key third party character who's popular but not requested super-often, like Sol Badguy, 2B, or a Namco-Bandai character (Agumon? KOS-MOS? The Chosen Undead? I'm not familiar with Dark Souls, but I could easily see Sakurai taking a ton of time to describe a detailed and lovingly crafted Dark Souls stage filled with cameos like Solaire, Ornstein and Smough, or that onion knight, unless Solaire's picked as the player character).

I'm thinking the last character will be revealed in September; probably a Nintendo character, though ideally someone like Dixie Kong (or Impa if she's still an option) rather than a character who's obviously being added to promote a new/upcoming game.

EDIT: And of course, the playlist is updated with two private videos right as I posted this haha.

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace

Strangely enough...

I find this suspicious.
If Netherealm pulled it off with the TMNT in Injustice 2, I'd love to see Sakurai make such a character for Smash with the Champions. Doubt it would happen but that'd be the money shot for me this pass.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
But our predictions change like every minute so I guess it's normal for us to do this lol

As for the 4-1 thing about the BotW Champions, I strongly, strongly doubt it. Pyra and Mythra have the same body and all, and they share most of the moveset. That doesn't work with the Champions, which couldn't be echoes at all. Each one is so different from the others in all senses, it's a crazy idea.

I mean, I guess it isn't impossible, and it would make sense because of BotW2 and the success of the first one, but I don't think even Sakurai would be able to pull that off.
Yeah. It would basically be Pokemon Trainer only with an extra character. If Sakurai was going to implement such a character he would have done it in the base roster.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Yeah. It would basically be Pokemon Trainer only with an extra character. If Sakurai was going to implement such a character he would have done it in the base roster.
Would he have, though? Would he have? We can't possibly know that.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I’m still hoping for Sora… but hey, you never know at this point.
You and I brother. Who knows, maybe he'll appear, maybe for once in our life, Smash won't end in a whimper but with something big like Others fighting games

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

SNEKeater

Smash Master
My Brain tell me: Tales of + A fighting game character
My heart: Please, be Sora as a big Surprise for E3
Both scenarios would be really cool for me.

As long as the 2 remaining chars are fun or bring some very cool content (music, stage, whatever) I'm fine with any character.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
4 characters in one slot is an interesting idea (and would get a total of 10 fighters in FP2) but maybe time consuming. We got Pyra and Mythra in one slot because they share a lot of things like animations and models.

Now 4 different fighters in proportions and models?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Both scenarios would be really cool for me.

As long as the 2 remaining chars are fun or bring some very cool content (music, stage, whatever) I'm fine with any character.
That's sorta how I feel honestly, I want something new and exciting, but I secretly also wish that Smash goes like others Fighting game, where their end of life goes in a bang, like DBFZ, SFV, MK and others in recent times instead of just a small whimpers with middle class characters, or someone super divisive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom