• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If we've truly reached our destination and tomorrow marks the end of Ultimate speculation, I'm not sure what to think. You all seem to have ideas of who could be announced, but I have no idea. I have no expectations going into this.

I've said this before in the past, but I already have the characters I want in the game (really, I'd just be satisfied with Lucas returning). I'm just here for the ride.

I will say that I'm hoping your dreams come true tomorrow. With a roster this expansive, I don't care if it's a character I'm not personally gunning for. Let's just hope for the best!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That would look weird as hell.

And who'd be the base? I can't imagine having all 4 at once on screen at the same time would be a good idea if Ice Climbers are hard enough on the Switch, to the point that Rex+Pyra wasn't feasible.
Two options:

(1: BOTW Zelda is the base, and the champions dissapear and she re-appears once an attack is done. It would make it even more resourceful, as BOTW Zelda could conciveably re-use a few animations from regular Zelda.

(2: The champion stays out until another attack requires a switch. This would be more effort (since you would need three more sets of idles, jumps, etc) but it would bring more strategy. At higher percents you can try to stay as Daruk for longer, because he's much heavier, but this negatively impacts recovery. Revali is incredibly frail, but has a superb recovery.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Assuming we're not getting a bonus fighter, I believe the final two will be Crash and Waluigi. With a bonus fighter in mind, I'd say Crash and Ryu Hayabusa with Waluigi as the bonus.
There's no bonus fighter, but there is an extra slot which is CP11.

I think the "bonus fighter" will be Waluigi since he's CP11. But we're not getting more DLC after FP2.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone thinking we're getting assist promotions are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Unless we get a bonus fighter like we did with Piranha Plant. That's the only way I'm seeing it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but I secretly also wish that Smash goes like others Fighting game, where their end of life goes in a bang, like DBFZ, SFV, MK and others in recent times
It's easier for them to go out with a bang when their fanbases don't insist that every single DLC fighter should be a guest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd love Target Test(or other variations. The only one I was kind of eh on was Brawl's, due to it getting boring fast. Angry Birds wasn't great, but it changed where the actual pieces you need to hit are, and let you very quickly grind for customs/etc. Which means redoing that would make collecting random Spirits, In-game Cash, and possibly Music, a little easier. I'd rather grind with a fun mini-game than button mashing over and over on the Classic Mode Credits(which are really annoying this time).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's sorta how I feel honestly, I want something new and exciting, but I secretly also wish that Smash goes like others Fighting game, where their end of life goes in a bang, like DBFZ, SFV, MK and others in recent times instead of just a small whimpers with middle class characters, or someone super divisive
What do you expect from a series whos selection of playable characters can come from any game and any genre from any point in time? Something like FighterZ, MK, and SF has a clear cut universe and preexisting established characters to pick from, it distinguishess out the big bangs from the duds pretty easily compared to Smash.

Smash 4 ended on a ballot as well, Bayonetta was, at least "officially", the fan-demanded big bang. I wonder why they didn't do the same for this game as well.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
What do you expect from a series whos selection of playable characters can come from any game and any genre from any point in time? Something like FighterZ, MK, and SF has a clear cut universe and preexisting established characters to pick from, it distinguishess out the big bangs from the duds pretty easily compared to Smash.

Smash 4 ended on a ballot as well, Bayonetta was, at least "officially", the fan-demanded big bang. I wonder why they didn't do the same for this game as well.
Probably because they had a clear cut 'roadmap' this time around and didn't need to do a poll to dictate the final addition. As others have stated before, the poll from Smash 4 felt like fan driven feedback and we saw a LOT of huge requests from that poll get in this time around. So they likely didn't feel the need to do so.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Probably because they had a clear cut 'roadmap' this time around and didn't need to do a poll to dictate the final addition. As others have stated before, the poll from Smash 4 felt like fan driven feedback and we saw a LOT of huge requests from that poll get in this time around. So they likely didn't feel the need to do so.
Or maybe Nintendo was caught for actually rigging and not truly finalizing the polls, meaning Goku was denied his God-given right to be in Super Smash Bros.

1623691340221.png

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can guarantee Black Shadow's not on there because people want him, they voted him sk he can take Ganon's moveset so Ganon can be remade entirely. No other character gets asked for a reason like this
Or?

Maybe because now that we got two of the most requested villains K. Rool and Ridley out of the way that Black Shadow is next in line?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can guarantee Black Shadow's not on there because people want him, they voted him sk he can take Ganon's moveset so Ganon can be remade entirely. No other character gets asked for a reason like this
You have two people on the planet: Those who want Black Shadow to make decloneDorf real or those who've seen the F-Zero anime. :bowsette:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

The Smash 4 Ballot was intended to be used for Ultimate as well, if I remember correctly. 4's development went right into Ult, but I don't think Sakurai's gonna go right into Smash 6. As such, he's not trying to see who he should add in that game just yet, assuming he's even making 6 in the first place.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Whoever is getting revealed tomorrow, I feel like they’re gonna be from a company that had an E3 presence this year. Ubisoft, Microsoft+Bethesda, Square Enix, Capcom, Namco, and Nintendo themselves are the companies I’ve got in mind.

If I had to narrow it down to one company, my gut is telling me that we’re gonna at least see another Namco character tomorrow. Just like it has been since Fighter Pack #5…

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They have actually done reuploads around the same time as the regular reveal, I think?

Like, I think this is leading to a double, but if I remember right, the number of uploads don't mean much in itself. It can stay private for a while(like the Sakurai Presents), but I forget how they have done things in the past.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well if a double, I'm really hyped then for tomorrow.

Looking forward who potentially our least fighters might be if this is the case.

It's been a long ride y'all!

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
Well if a double, I'm really hyped then for tomorrow.

Looking forward who potentially our least fighters might be if this is the case.

It's been a long ride y'all!
The ride has been too long. I love Smash speculation normally, but the speculation period has never been this drawn-out. It starts to get not fun after a while, evidenced by the same 10 or so characters being predicted/hoped by everyone and the rising toxicity among the fandom. I hope we end on a double reveal tomorrow so all this cycle can finally come to an end.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
The ride has been too long. I love Smash speculation normally, but the speculation period has never been this drawn-out. It starts to get not fun after a while, evidenced by the same 10 or so characters being predicted/hoped by everyone and the rising toxicity among the fandom. I hope we end on a double reveal tomorrow so all this cycle can finally come to an end.
Same 10 characters? More like same 2 characters.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I don't mind the Smash speculation usually but I do grow annoyed how any attempt at me talking about characters I'd love get shut down because they ain't part of the same six-seven characters people think are inevitable.

That is a bit of an annoying thing with Smash speculation, especially during Ultimate: There's only a small handful of characters that get discussed in rotation and the rest are either seen as "Impossible" or are ignored. It kind of gets annoying to discuss characters when that happens.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're either on team "Put me out of my misery now" or on team "I want to prolong my inevitable disappointment as long as possible". :jojo:

I say rip that Band-Aid off now, the only thing I can hope for even if I know the last character won't be coming for months, or if I for some reason despise the character at its core for not being what I want because it's all about me me me, is that the patch notes will somehow buff Falcon even more for the tenth time.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Base game spec is generally more fun

I kinda hope a new game is at least in development, hell, even if there’s an expanded version of Ult planned in the future if they decide to do that (and I mean VASTLY expanded, not a paltry few additions like MK8D). It’d go a lot faster and be a lot smoother that way

Only downside would be new ATs and Pokeballs since those aren’t added in DLC, better pray your MW doesn’t get that fate (or added to a final smash, unless your name is Chrom)

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't mind the Smash speculation usually but I do grow annoyed how any attempt at me talking about characters I'd love get shut down because they ain't part of the same six-seven characters people think are inevitable.

That is a bit of an annoying thing with Smash speculation, especially during Ultimate: There's only a small handful of characters that get discussed in rotation and the rest are either seen as "Impossible" or are ignored. It kind of gets annoying to discuss characters when that happens.
And the funny thing is that the "impossible characters" make it in and the speculated characters don't. Literally every character we've gotten so far was either not predicted or viewed as unlikely with the exception of Banjo.

It is actually impressive how often this community is wrong. Nearly everything they say is false. Every time the community collectively agrees on something it's wrong. It's like they literally can't be right on any opinion no matter how minor.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Maybe because now that we got two of the most requested villains K. Rool and Ridley out of the way that Black Shadow is next in line?
Samurai Goroh is the better rival to Captain Falcon IMO, he's been there since the beginning too. If we want to add an F-Zero baddie he's the better option if you ask me... Black Shadow is fine, but that movement really is 99% driven by wanting to stick Ganon's moveset on someone else. It's a shame since F-Zero characters are actually very cool.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
With every atom of my being, I am hoping, praying, and manifesting that Sora from Kingdom Hearts will be revealed as a fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate during Nintendo’s E3 presentation.

To any and all divine beings listening, please make it happen.

To the universe, will it so.

Please let Sora be revealed for Smash Ultimate.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
We're back huh? People were OBNOXIOUSLY aggressive yesterday, I will NOT be having any more of that! But it looks like things are more chill now. The calm before the storm tomorrow

TOMORROW THO hahaha OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M READY HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA I AM READY! I got my PEPSI! I got my PIZZA! HOMEMADE COOKIES! HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG I LOVE NINTENDO E3 PARTIES WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Does anyone actually want to make final bets on who the last 2 are?

My final bet is Sol Badguy and Waluigi.
Yeah, sure, I'll place some chips on the table.

Yeah, I'll join you on the Waluigi for the 11th and Final dude... 10 though... I'll throw a Sonic character there, undecided on whether that's Shadow, Eggman, Amy or whoever. Sonic for 10, Mario for 11. Shadow and Waluigi may very well be more likely than people think...

TriggerX

Smash Ace
With every atom of my being, I am hoping, praying, and manifesting that Sora from Kingdom Hearts will be revealed as a fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate during Nintendo’s E3 presentation.

To any and all divine beings listening, please make it happen.

To the universe, will it so.

Please let Sora be revealed for Smash Ultimate.
Would be nice, especially considering the KH series has been notably absent from E3 in general thus far.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
And the funny thing is that the "impossible characters" make it in and the speculated characters don't. Literally every character we've gotten so far was either not predicted or viewed as unlikely with the exception of Banjo.

It is actually impressive how often this community is wrong. Nearly everything they say is false. Every time the community collectively agrees on something it's wrong.

Only speculated characters that got in were Banjo and Hero, albeit people had doubts on Banjo due to the console war stuff and everyone assumed it was just Erdrick alone.

This is why I keep such an open mind when it comes to Smash speculation. Or at the very least, stay away from the small handful of bandwagon characters that take up a majority of the conversation. Most of the characters that got in were ones that went under the radar or like Steve and Pyra/Mythra, people gave up on quickly after a certain point.

It does get annoying when I wanna talk about some lesser talked about characters like Kiryu, Reimu, or even oddball choices like Monokuma and I get ignored for Waluigi discussion #94558, Sora discussion #58498, Hayabusa discussion #9589, or Crash discussion #94583. Not dissing those characters but it's the same rotation and whenever I bring them up, I get risked being shut down by someone saying they're "Impossible" and move on.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Would be nice, especially considering the KH series has been notably absent from E3 in general thus far.
The main problem with Sora is he'd have to implemented without the Disney characters which wouldn't be faithful to the series and wouldn't make much sense.

Only speculated characters that got in were Banjo and Hero, albeit people had doubts on Banjo due to the console war stuff and everyone assumed it was just Erdrick alone.

Erdrick got leaked by Vergeben and people weren't 100% confident on Banjo. The community has basically never been right.

It does get annoying when I wanna talk about some lesser talked about characters like Kiryu, Reimu, or even oddball choices like Monokuma and I get ignored for Waluigi discussion #94558, Sora discussion #58498, Hayabusa discussion #9589, or Crash discussion #94583. Not dissing those characters but it's the same rotation and whenever I bring them up, I get risked being shut down by someone saying they're "Impossible" and move on.
Well Waluigi is viewed as impossible by the community, he's just talked about because he's popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom