• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yes I can. All rumors/leaks are fake.
As somebody who has actually gotten leaked information before, I can tell you you're incorrect on the concept of "all are fake". That's just throwing everything out the window.

That said, I agree that MOST "leaks" and "rumors" are nonsense. But they exist.

For example, Grinch leak was fake. But ESRB, Kencineroar (including the Ken image), and the Brawl roster leak were all true. It's not a one size fits all thing.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Sorry to bring this up but the fact that some people believed Cacomallow was legit because of the Ken thumbs up is utterly baffling to me.

So you mean to tell me that leakers are going to reference a rather obscure image that leaked around september as a way to make the leak legit? Yeah because leakers have time to make a meme in their leaks.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Sorry to bring this up but the fact that some people believed Cacomallow was legit because of the Ken thumbs up is utterly baffling to me.

So you mean to tell me that leakers are going to reference a rather obscure image that leaked around september as a way to make the leak legit? Yeah because leakers have time to make a meme in their leaks.
Granted, they did end up making a meme from that anyways.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually on the topic of Rumors

Chun-Li isn't the only Capcom characters that dealt with Rumors. There were rumors of a Resident Evil Character being planned for Base (Jill specifically), but the negotiations fell through.

I believe the rumor was first reported by Indiegamerchick, and then Papagenos talked about this rumor for awhile.

There was also that whole commotion about Phoenix being Fighter 5 because of that French Article or something like that, but it was no good

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It helps that Sephiroth and the missing Mii costumes have given us more to actually speculate. Not to mention the possible leaks are pretty varied.
-Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS
-Ryu Hayabusa/Rayman/Doomguy
-Chun-Li/Tales series
-And some other possible leaks regarding Falcom and League of Legends.

Combined with the missing Mii Costumes igniting discussion about Namco and Capcom characters and Sephiroth igniting discussion about characters for in-game franchises like Eggman and we actually have some pretty varied speculation for once. And after that point when we were only focused on Jonesy.
Out of all these leaks, the one that I put the least stock in is the Ryu Hayabusa, Rayman, and Doomguy one. This is mainly for two reasons. First, Doomguy is kind of in a real bad spot, I would say the info we got from interviews is close to NDA breaking if he was in. The second is the thread this leak was in was pretty much a wishlist sort of thread. There is nothing saying this is what is coming, it is just a greentext. For all we know this is just one anonymous person who is very happy with FP2 so far.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It helps that Sephiroth and the missing Mii costumes have given us more to actually speculate. Not to mention the possible leaks are pretty varied.
-Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS
-Ryu Hayabusa/Rayman/Doomguy
-Chun-Li/Tales series
-And some other possible leaks regarding Falcom and League of Legends.

Combined with the missing Mii Costumes igniting discussion about Namco and Capcom characters and Sephiroth igniting discussion about characters for in-game franchises like Eggman and we actually have some pretty varied speculation for once. And after that point when we were only focused on Jonesy.
It's Simple Just Combine them!
Our Last 3 characters are Chun-li, Reimu and Estelle Bright with Hayabusa as an extra fighter :4pacman:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Actually on the topic of Rumors

Chun-Li isn't the only Capcom characters that dealt with Rumors. There were rumors of a Resident Evil Character being planned for Base (Jill specifically), but the negotiations fell through.

I believe the rumor was first reported by Indiegamerchick, and then Papagenos talked about this rumor for awhile.

There was also that whole commotion about Phoenix being Fighter 5 because of that French Article or something like that, but it was no good
Dante had a lot of rumors and leaks too. I'd argue most Capcom characters have had rumors at some point.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Most Capcom characters have been involved in at least a few rumors because we don't have any newcomers yet (aside from Ken). Same thing with Namco. People have been reserving a spot for those two companies for almost two years now because there's this idea that Nintendo has to be fair and give all the companies a character, as if they're doing them a huge favor.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I've been thinking guys... Isn't it suspicious that Lloyd or the Tales series hasn't gotten any content in base game where's all the other characters in Smash 4 that were Mii costumes either become a playable character, Assist Trophy, boss, stage cameo, Spirit, or one of the figures in Pac-Man's taunt. Lloyd nor Tales have any content whatsoever in base game zero. It begs the question if he will get promoted or we will get Yuri instead with the Lloyd Mii costume coming back with him. And with the rumor of Lloyd or Yuri being planned for base, I wouldn't be surprised.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So I've been thinking guys... Isn't it suspicious that Lloyd or the Tales series hasn't gotten any content in base game where's all the other characters in Smash 4 that were Mii costumes either become a playable character, Assist Trophy, boss, stage cameo, Spirit, or one of the figures in Pac-Man's taunt. Lloyd nor Tales have any content whatsoever in base game zero. It begs the question if he will get promoted or we will get Yuri instead with the Lloyd Mii costume coming back with him. And with the rumor of Lloyd or Yuri being planned for base, I wouldn't be surprised.
I don't think it's really that suspicious, especially since Heihachi and Gil are back.

There's still three more bundles, and we have Lloyd and two MH costumes still missing. It's possible that Lloyd was the unlucky guy who was chosen to be one of the last returning costumes, not because there was a Tales character that he was being saved for.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Capcom and Namco will probably always be a larger part of the conversation because both companies have such a good selection of characters. But there's also the fact that both companies are missing content from the previous entry in Smash, so it makes content from those companies, even if it's just the Miis, seem inevitable.

Even if I have a preference for who gets picked, I think it's hard to go wrong with either company honestly. I think it's less to do with just expecting it to happen and more that people just really like the characters from those companies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think it's really that suspicious, especially since Heihachi and Gil are back.

There's still three more bundles, and we have Lloyd and two MH costumes still missing. It's possible that Lloyd was the unlucky guy who was chosen to be one of the last returning costumes, not because there was a Tales character that he was being saved for.
What I'm talking about isn't their costumes coming back but Lloyd not appearing in any form in base game. Heihachi and Gil were cameos in Pac-Man's taunt before their Mii costumes came back.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
No offense man but Absence of something does not point it to a larger possibility.

What i mean by that is, just look at Isaac, Shadow and most recently, Geno. All of them were absent for months, and led people to believe that they would be playable in Smash (an idea reinforced by the absence and later confirmations of Chrom, Dark Samus, and Isabelle, all NPCs in Smash 4 that were absent in Ultimate until their reveals) but ended up meaning nothing in the end.

It's more likely than ever than Lloyd and MH Mii Costumes are likely gonna come back, and we aren't getting any new Capcom or Namco reps. I mean the Heihachi costume released alongside RYU, a Capcom character of all things, and the MH costume was released way after Ryu's release so those costumes DON'T have to come back alongside a Capcom/Namco character, unlike Geno who was released alongside Cloud in 4 so it makes sense for him to come back with Sephiroth.

I could easily see Adol Christin coming to Smash, and having Lloyd and MH come back in the Pass alongside him due to both Lloyd and Adol being both RPG Sword Heroes, and Adol and MH being both Swordwielders (which i know is a very shallow reason to have them being paired together, but hey if they can bring back Heihachi for Min Min's Pack, i think this one is not too out of the ordinary)

D

Deleted member

Heihachi coming with Min Min makes me doubt Chun Li on top of Ken’s existence. Tales and MH still have a chance since they have a lot going for them, to the point that they could easily come with their Mii Costumes (Yuri/Velvet with Lloyd Mii, MH based on Rise design + Rathalos and MH4 armor).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No offense man but Absence of something does not point it to a larger possibility.

What i mean by that is, just look at Isaac, Shadow and most recently, Geno. All of them were absent for months, and led people to believe that they would be playable in Smash (an idea reinforced by the absence and later confirmations of Chrom, Dark Samus, and Isabelle, all NPCs in Smash 4 that were absent in Ultimate until their reveals) but ended up meaning nothing in the end.

It's more likely than ever than Lloyd and MH Mii Costumes are likely gonna come back, and we aren't getting any new Capcom or Namco reps. I mean the Heihachi costume released alongside RYU, a Capcom character of all things, and the MH costume was released way after Ryu's release so those costumes DON'T have to come back alongside a Capcom/Namco character, unlike Geno who was released alongside Cloud in 4 so it makes sense for him to come back with Sephiroth.

I could easily see Adol Christin coming to Smash, and having Lloyd and MH come back in the Pass alongside him due to both Lloyd and Adol being both RPG Sword Heroes, and Adol and MH being both Swordwielders (which i know is a very shallow reason to have them being paired together, but hey if they can bring back Heihachi for Min Min's Pack, i think this one is not too out of the ordinary)
I know, but what I'm saying is Lloyd absenced is bigger because not only has his Mii costume haven't return but he didn't appear in base game in any form either.

Let me put this into better prospective:

- K. Rool, Inkling, Chrom, and Isabelle get promoted to playable status in base game.

- Rathalos get's promoted to a boss.

- Zero, Skull Kid, Ashley, Knuckles, and Guile appears as Assist Trophies.

- Tails and Virdi are still backstage cameos.

- Heihachi and Gil appear as cameo figures in Pac-Man's taunt.

- Other characters I can't remember that were also Smash 4 Mii costumes are Spirits.

Lloyd is the only one missing that didn't get anything in Ultimate whatsoever.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Nintendo could have created false clues. There is a possibility that Nintendo know that if it lacks Capcom and Bamco Costumes and the community will focus to them, so the company is assured that its DLC will surprise with newcomers that don't match at all. Conditioning the community in this way could be a decoy, to continue to surprise and offer unexpected characters.

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
Will say something upon the matter, I'm surprised we haven't had both a new capcom rep and a namco rep at this point. Early on, I would've considered both very likely, even capcom being a lock for a character rep. Still hold the opinion that we could see both companies gain reps at some point, but I expected heihachi tbh. With Crash seeming less likely by the day, I think Nintendo has at least one surprise option left to catch people off guard again like they have with every other FP2 character thus far. I don't see them doing this for e3, so I expect either March or the last fighter to be a character nobody is paying much attention to. Not sure how much I'm willing to trust leaks anymore when they're usually targeting already heavily speculated characters with how things have gone so far, so I'm just bracing myself to be surprised again at this point even though I think capcom and namco are still pretty likely.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Will say something upon the matter, I'm surprised we haven't had both a new capcom rep and a namco rep at this point. Early on, I would've considered both very likely, even capcom being a lock for a character rep. Still hold the opinion that we could see both companies gain reps at some point, but I expected heihachi tbh. With Crash seeming less likely by the day, I think Nintendo has at least one surprise option left to catch people off guard again like they have with every other FP2 character thus far. I don't see them doing this for e3, so I expect either March or the last fighter to be a character nobody is paying much attention to. Not sure how much I'm willing to trust leaks anymore when they're usually targeting already heavily speculated characters with how things have gone so far, so I'm just bracing myself to be surprised again at this point.
My bet is that the last character is gonna be someone the community has either written off or forgotten about. I look forward to the chaos that will ensue.

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
My bet is that the last character is gonna be someone the community has either written off or forgotten about. I look forward to the chaos that will ensue.

I'm willing to bet the next character is that as well. Mostly out of false hope but also because that's just how Nintendo is.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
To be fair if Chun-Li is suddenly a hot topic, characters like Alucard should be as well.

According to what we officially know (Sakurai saying Alucard was originally considered to be the Castlevania rep) and this rumour, both seem to have been in the exact same circumstances. Both were scrapped or postponed in favour of other characters, though for different reasons.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Not only will it be Lloyd, he will come after his Mii Costume is brought back. Including a repeat of the costume bait and switch like with K. Rool and Banjo. Except Lloyd will be wearing a costume of HIMSELF.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have a feeling next one is going to be a safe Nintendo pick.
Either Pokemon or AC.
Then we'll get another fan favorite. And then end the pass with another off the walls pick.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I have a feeling next one is going to be a safe Nintendo pick.
Either Pokemon or AC.
Then we'll get another fan favorite. And then end the pass with another off the walls pick.
Has anybody mentioned Euden in this thread yet? Because I'm gonna mention Euden.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Has anybody mentioned Euden in this thread yet? Because I'm gonna mention Euden.
Europe’s ban on gambling which prohibited Dragalia Lost being released on EU App Store/Google Play: Hello there

trust me I think he’d be cool too but as long as that’s a thing... :c

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
99% of rumors/leaks are fake but 1 out of a trillion of them are real whether you believe it or not. Concrete legitimate leaks are VERY, VERY, rare to come by.
Nah. Those are just really good guessers.

As somebody who has actually gotten leaked information before, I can tell you you're incorrect on the concept of "all are fake".
You can tell me that. But I'm not going to take a random guy from the internet's word that all random guys on the internet aren't fake.

But ESRB, Kencineroar (including the Ken image), and the Brawl roster leak were all true.
The ESRB are great guessers.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The ESRB are great guessers.
Wow, wild how they even managed to recreate the renders for the fighters that weren't revealed yet, pixel-by-pixel, without any insider information! Crazies, that lot.

Jokes aside, the ESRB leak and the Ken leak are probably the only leaks I can really remember that were just "yeah, no question, this is absolutely real" at first sight. Every other leak, even those that were in fact legit at the end of the day, had room for plausible skepticism.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Regarding the Chun-Li thing... I'm gonna dig this out of the Geno thread, purely to be a BUTT of a man.

hahaha, Steve brought me back, but I won't be sticking around for long.

I don't think she was replaced by Ken. What I was told is that they wanted her for the base game, but had to scrap the idea because they couldn't get together a moveset that they were satisfied with in time.

Also Melmetal could be a super cool and unique character if they ever decide to re-visit!

The important passage from Xenother here is "I don't think she was replaced by Ken. What I was told is that they wanted her for the base game, but had to scrap the idea because they couldn't get together a moveset that they were satisfied with in time."

So his opinion here is that Ken DIDN'T replace Chun-li, she just ran out of time to decide what she wanted to do in Smash... which ties in quite nicely with the idea that she could be back on the table post-Sephiroth. This whole quote from Xenother (or rather whoever they were talkin to) lines up nicely with our little Chun-leak here: was considered, put on the backburner because they couldn't get a moveset together in time.... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT be back on the table, question mark?

Give me Chunny, any day. Chunny's deserving. Especially if she has her Alpha look as an alt in addition to the usual look. And a bunch of Street Fighter 3 and on music... YES. Do it.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wouldn't mind an echo fighter Tails with a different Up+B being Flight.

Also, if you fly through opponents from bellow, you hit them with propeller tails, like K.Rool's UP+B

And flying through opponents from above will issue a command grab where you can carry him in his flight. Pressing A would throh him in the direction you want.

Edit: Oh and Side B being a Tails Smack (Adventure) you can charge up to become a tornado (Advance 3)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom