• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Welp. Even more reason to disregard. If it falls thru they usually don’t revisit it
At the same time one can argue that Namco wanted to wait and see how Berseria or Vesperia DE would do to solidify a decision or that it's a Steve scenario. The popular theory is that the second pass is dedicated to bringing planned content back for consideration

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Imma be honest.

We always do this. Something changes in Smash speculation and we immediately assume the next character will be something similar. I think Sephiroth is the exception. I don’t think that rules out Chun-li or Eggman or cough Raiden cough. But I don’t think it’s going to happen twice in this pass. That’s just my two cents but if we’re getting a Capcom character this pass I think it’s Monster Hunter or Dante.

Honestly, if you want my thoughts on it. I think it’s Monster Hunter. It seems weird that all of the Mii costumes are coming back with that being the one exception. They could easily release those sets with more Monster Hunter Miis when a Monster Hunter gets in. With a new Monster Hunter coming out (and being in development since at least the Switch launch), the Mii Costume being the ONLY (if I’m not mistaken) Capcom costume to not come back yet, the overall popularity of Monster Hunter lately with World and even previously with the 3DS games, and the franchise being a Nintendo Mainstay with exclusive games releasing more often on Nintendo Consoles than anywhere else, yeah I think Monster Hunter is in.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At the same time one can argue that Namco wanted to wait and see how Berseria or Vesperia DE would do to solidify a decision or that it's a Steve scenario. The popular theory is that the second pass is dedicated to bringing planned content back for consideration
Feels like Lloyd/Yuri was flat out told no tho

with Steve, Sephiroth and ARMS they were basically told “let’s put this on hold for now

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly, if you want my thoughts on it. I think it’s Monster Hunter. It seems weird that all of the Mii costumes are coming back with that being the one exception. They could easily release those sets with more Monster Hunter Miis when a Monster Hunter gets in. With a new Monster Hunter coming out (and being in development since at least the Switch launch), the Mii Costume being the ONLY (if I’m not mistaken) Capcom costume to not come back yet, the overall popularity of Monster Hunter lately with World and even previously with the 3DS games, and the franchise being a Nintendo Mainstay with exclusive games releasing more often on Nintendo Consoles than anywhere else, yeah I think Monster Hunter is in.
Then instead we end up with Palicos coming with Monster Hunter Miis.

Sakurai and Nintendo surprise us once again.

Seriously I could see this happening. Especially Sakurai's love for cats and not out of the realm of possibility he convinced Nintendo given how popular they are given their cuteness.

SKX31

Smash Master
Would anyone else be happy with some of their not-likely most wanteds getting a costume? Klonoa has such a low chance that if a costume with his cap and ears came with a Namco character I'd be overjoyed.
Yeah, no doubt. If one's expectations for something one wants is low, one will generally take anything positive because it is still a positive outcome. My primary not-likely want is a character from Dota 2: a game that's never been associated with Nintendo (whether it's Dota 1 / All-Stars starting out a WarCraft 3 map / mod or after Valve's acquisition of the Dota IP and the development of Dota 2 as a standalone game). So it getting anything would be a welcome surprise.

Imagine a Dante Mii coming with Chun-Li. Lol.

Just looking at that blank expression on arguably THE video game persona of all time.
Wouldn't be entirely opposed to that - my only problem with it is that Mii Swordfighter's moveset and playstyle would not really fit Dante, what with the Tornado / Chakram / Reflector (then again, I'm betting that that doesn't fit Travis either). Eh, I personally don't put that much stock in Miis anyway in the end, so Dante getting at least something - even if it doesn't fit entirely - would still be nice to see.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
MondoMega's source was just repeating what Imran Khan said btw- :4pacman:
Otherwise the rest of this post is spot on, Sephiroth was heard back then, and Geno was indeed considered"not serious"

This is a question for the Ridley fiends, the K. Rool bois, the Banjo fans, and the Steve mains; How have you dealt with ridicule, mockery, and bottom-line torment from other people who doubted you?
I always like salts in my french fries, so, as someone who got Three Square-Enix characters and knew that the Grinch "Leak" was absolutely fake but still got called out and insulted-
I just enjoy the salts from them. :shaker:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly the whole "it can't be Lloyd because he has a Mii costume that needs to come back" thing is one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while.
I mean to be fair there's been a current trend of returning Mii costumes.

Joker = Tails & Knuckles
Banjo = Proto Man & Zero
Terry = Akira & Jacky
Byleth = Mega Man X & Mega Man EXE
Min Min = Heihachi
Steve = Gil
Sephiroth = Geno

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Or we get two Capcom characters in this pass since they technically “skipped” the last pass and have had zero DLC characters for all of Ultimate.
If any company could do it it’d be Capcom.

Ace Attorney, Okami, DMC, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil are very popular and very plausible. RE is the only one that’s iffy because of the spirits.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Or we get two Capcom characters in this pass since they technically “skipped” the last pass and have had zero DLC characters for all of Ultimate.
I wish. I feel like most of my most wanted characters at this point are from Capcom.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Don't give me hope of a dual reveal with Dante and Vergil together.
That'd be insane. But c'mon. Vergil is gonna be a Mii, you know it. At least until the next game after Dante gets in. :p

I wish. I feel like most of my most wanted characters at this point are from Capcom.
Definitely.

Out of my Top 30, 12 are from Capcom...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp. Even more reason to disregard. If it falls thru they usually don’t revisit it
Gonna drop some translated quotes from the leak for context:
"I don't know, Chun-Li was there, but somehow replaced with Ken. Bamco had both Symphonia and Vesperia protagonists in the planning stages, but they're not here as well."
"I'm pretty sure they were developing Erdrick, and the default guy(?) from Minecraft was there too, with his actual working model, as one of the thrid party reps. But he's gone too idk."
"There was also Sephiroth and the Mii character from Super Mario RPG, but Sephiroth ended up conceding the spot to DQ, and the Mii one was in a very sensitive position, so it was dropped."
Reading it, the idea is that the leaker knew about Hero 100%, was confused about Steve being developed but not in the released game, and thought Sephiroth was dropped in favor of Hero as that was higher priority for Square. The quote about Chun Li is that the leaker thinks she was dropped for Ken, possibly due to time constraints. Having both Lloyd and Yuri there seems to be Bamco just slotting in "Tales rep" and tabling it for the time being. There are definitely similarities in wording between Tales and Sephiroth, so the idea is that the Tales rep being "not here" is going to end up like how Sephiroth didn't end up in the game until FP2. Without more context on Chun Li though we don't know if she would even be revisited since she was replaced by Ken, but the possibility remains.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Would anyone else be happy with some of their not-likely most wanteds getting a costume? Klonoa has such a low chance that if a costume with his cap and ears came with a Namco character I'd be overjoyed.
I would be somewhat happy because Smash recognized them at the very least.

Also the Chun Li leak sounds pretty fake especially seeing the part where Chun Li was dropped for Ken.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
But that's what makes it Interesting. The other names on the "these characters had negotiations list but don't seem to be in" rumor included Erdrick, Steve, and Sephiroth, all of whom are in.

So basically it leaves Tales Of in an interesting position especially because we had NO Bamco costumes in pass 1 only to suddenly get them starting with pass 2.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
This is a question for the Ridley fiends, the K. Rool bois, the Banjo fans, and the Steve mains; How have you dealt with ridicule, mockery, and bottom-line torment from other people who doubted you?
By playing the character we like in the game, i guess.

Im not a Steve Stan, but i am a loyal believer of the word of K.Rool and the Priest of the House of Belmont, and you can bet your ass Those 2 are among my most played, with Banjo cracking top ten recently (my attachment to Banjo-Kazooie's franchise is low compared to Castlevania and DKC for example)

Living well is the best revenge.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Feels like Lloyd/Yuri was flat out told no tho

with Steve, Sephiroth and ARMS they were basically told “let’s put this on hold for now
This isn't the case. The post put Tales Of in the same boat as Sephiroth and Steve, both of whom have happened. It never said it fell through, just that these characters they had heard were negotiated were not in base.

Personally I think a Tales Of character isn't extremely likely because they would have saved the Bamco costumes to go with the Bamco characters, but for all we know they'll just have a bunch of random Tales Of costumes to go with a Tales Of rep if they do it.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I mean to be fair there's been a current trend of returning Mii costumes.

Joker = Tails & Knuckles
Banjo = Proto Man & Zero
Terry = Akira & Jacky
Byleth = Mega Man X & Mega Man EXE
Min Min = Heihachi
Steve = Gil
Sephiroth = Geno
The trend is fine and makes sense which makes the theory seem good on a surface level but when you do even the slightest bit of digging and realise it literally means "We can't add Lloyd as DLC since he had a Mii costume last game and it has to come back" it looks pretty stupid.

Dan

Smash Lord
I need to get something straight on the DLC... we all know Nintendo chooses the characters. Isn't the scenario that they present the minimum number of characters and then if the team can't realize one they introduce a replacement? There are people online who think Sakurai just cherrypicks his favorites from a master list.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
As someone who wanted Banjo and Kazooie on the roster since the Smash 64 days, trust me, there's never been an easier time to root for a character. If anyone tries to shut you down, you can just point to Cloud, Bayonetta, Ridley, K. Rool, Isabelle, Plant, Joker, Banjo, Terry, Min-Min, Steve, or Sephiroth.

Like someone else said, we're living in an era where Sephiroth joined the roster and Geno didn't even get an upgraded Mii costume. The only rule is that Sakurai writes the rules and is more than willing to break them if he wants to.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I never have dreams about Smash but I just remembered last night I had a dream where I was watching a Smash Direct and they announced Amaterasu as the next fighter. I was shocked, surprised and happy at the same time. I don't remember anything else lol

I get you.

It's not that I don't like Chun-Li. She's always been a favorite of mine. Heck, she was my 2nd vg crush.

But after Ken, a 3rd SF character just doesn't have the impact nor the surprise factor in me.
SF already has a buttload of representation.

Now, just because I feel indifferent towards her inclusion now, doesn't mean that when the trailer pops up, I won't be foaming at the mouth, cause... Those trailers tend to duplicate hype tenfold. I'll most certainly buy her.

But right now, I'm just not feeling it.
I kinda agree with you.

Chun-Li is a great character and I'd love her. She could totally bring the enough content to fill a Challenger Pack. At the same time, to me she would feel more like a base roster addition. Not because she's less than Sephiroth, but because Street Fighter has already a good amount of content. Yes, it's mostly SF2 and that kinda sucks because I'd love SF3 music, for example, but at least it's well represented, something that wasn't the case for Final Fantasy VII.

There's also the fact that it seems Square Enix characters will only get in as DLC while Capcom characters getting in for the base roster doesn't seem like a problem.

Don't get me wrong, if she was the next fighter I'd be happy and excited. The stage and the music alone would be enough to make it worth it, but at the same time, I'd prefer a new Capcom franchise to get in.

Besides all of this, while this rumour/leak is definitely interesting, I don't think it has made Chun-Li and a Tales character suddenly more likely. Specially Lloyd and Yuri. Personally I don't have the feeling that these 3 will get in, I wouldn't be mad if they prove me wrong though.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Then instead we end up with Palicos coming with Monster Hunter Miis.

Sakurai and Nintendo surprise us once again.

Seriously I could see this happening. Especially Sakurai's love for cats and not out of the realm of possibility he convinced Nintendo given how popular they are given their cuteness.
This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday

Part of this community is too obsessed with surprises for the sake of surprises

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Crazy, I have dreams about Smash somewhat often, especially during my love affairs with this thread. Craziest one was where Yuyuko was DLC. Reimu wasn't even there.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey, since we're bringing back a 5ch leak from the early days of DLC speculation, why not take another gander at the "Ballot result rumor"?
A translation of the leak was posted by @Ayumi Tachibana in the old speculation thread almost two years ago

Now, it's obvious that this leak it's highly suspicious since it's highly unlikely that some rando on the internet would know the result of the Smash ballot, plus this undoubtedly didn't have very accurate information regarding the DLC since none of the characters from the rumor mill that he heard got in (at least for now). And the bit about no one from already represented titles is just plain wrong.

With that being said, some of the bits are fascinating, mainly the fact that the Tales of rumor about Velvet being the fighter and Lloyd and yuri being Mii Costumes.
Plus it's curious that the characters that were rumored and that he mentioned here would end up having some kind of role later, with Resi receiving a Spirit Event and Nakoruru receiving a Mii Costume and being featured in Terry's trailer.

He also mentioned that apparently, Marvel characters received a ton of votes in the ballot, which I found curious because months later Sakurai would mention Iron man alongside Goku as non-video game characters that are requested a lot.
And of course, this is another repeat of the Sora story, though since this leaked was posted months after the Seven Square leaks and the Chun leak it's possible that he was just piggybacking off those ones.

Again, while this leak has some interesting parts, I'll be the first one to admit that it's very, VERY shaky. But like I said, another look at it just for fun wouldn't many any harm, right?
Velvet being the fighter
Velvet Theory
WIN

/s

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think folks may be misunderstanding what that Chun-Li and Tales post was getting at.

At least, to my knowledge, there is mentioning of Steve, Hero, and Sephiroth. The person’s first understanding is that Hero was chosen (which matches leaks of the time and could be bs) but that Sephiroth and Steve “disappeared”. We now know that all three of those mentioned characters are in the game.

That
is what makes this interesting and potentially important. If Steve and Sephiroth were dropped and obviously saved to be revisited later (though Sakurai has mentioned Nintendo straight up told him, “You’re doing Minecraft”), what does that mean for Chun-Li and Tales?

The answer, I believe, is circumstantial. Was Chun-Li cancelled altogether, or pushed off to return to later? What led to the decision? If it’s gameplay related, it’s plausible that Chun-Li was decided against because they couldn’t get an idea of her working, similar to what holds Heihachi back. This may lead to her not showing up at all.

I can’t see gameplay getting in the way of somebody like Lloyd or Yuri, however, so that’s a bit more curious. But again, given limitations of newcomers in base game, this could absolutely be something, similar to Steve and Sephiroth, where they were pushed off until later when there was more time.

Basically, you just can’t toss this rumor/text post out the window. You also shouldn’t just buy into it. Just keep in mind that it COULD have legitimacy and, potentially, lead to a scenario in which 2/3 picks are Chun-Li and Lloyd or Yuri.

That’s really it.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think folks may be misunderstanding what that Chun-Li and Tales post was getting at.

At least, to my knowledge, there is mentioning of Steve, Hero, and Sephiroth. The person’s first understanding is that Hero was chosen (which matches leaks of the time and could be be) but that Sephiroth and Steve “disappeared”. We now know that all three of those mentioned characters are in the game.

That
is what makes this interesting and potentially important. If Steve and Sephiroth were dropped and obviously saved to be revisited later (though Sakurai has mentioned Nintendo straight up told him, “You’re doing Minecraft”), what does that mean for Chun-Li and Tales?

The answer, I believe, is circumstantial. Was Chun-Li cancelled altogether, or pushed off to return to later? What led to the decision? If it’s gameplay related, it’s plausible that Chun-Li was decided against because they couldn’t get an idea of her working, similar to what holds Heihachi back. This may lead to her not showing up at all.

I can’t see gameplay getting in the way of somebody like Lloyd or Yuri, however, so that’s a bit more curious. But again, given limitations of newcomers in base game, this could absolutely be something, similar to Steve and Sephiroth, where they were pushed off until later when there was more time.

Basically, you just can’t toss this rumor/text post out the window. You also shouldn’t just buy into it. Just keep in mind that it COULD have legitimacy and, potentially, lead to a scenario in which 2/3 picks are Chun-Li and Lloyd or Yuri.

That’s really it.
I feel like Sakurai could’ve just been humorous about Steve’s gimmicks being hard for devs; didn’t he just say Nintendo was like “surely you can add Minecraft?” and he was like “That’s impossible...yes I’ll do it!”

Also yeah that sounds like a good possibility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least, to my knowledge, there is mentioning of Steve, Hero, and Sephiroth. The person’s first understanding is that Hero was chosen (which matches leaks of the time and could be be) but that Sephiroth and Steve “disappeared”. We now know that all three of those mentioned characters are in the game.

That

That’s really it.
To add to this, Velvet could slot in over Lloyd/Yuri if Bamco’s plans have changed. The fact that the leak mentions two Tales protagonists makes me think they just want a Tales character, but those two are the frontrunners.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday

Part of this community is too obsessed with surprises for the sake of surprises
Indeed, it's important to notice how many characters in FP1+2 would've been considered unrealistic pre-reveal, but also how many of those "unrealistic" characters are just like Wii Fit Trainer. Which is none of them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Indeed, it's important to notice how many characters in FP1+2 would've been considered unrealistic pre-reveal, but also how many of those "unrealistic" characters are just like Wii Fit Trainer. Which is none of them.
Speed: "People need to stop throwing crazy **** because 'lol surprise"

You : "I concur, we should stop predicting safe, commonly discussed characters"

I'm genuinely impressed you got the absolute opposite message here

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gonna drop some translated quotes from the leak for context:
"I don't know, Chun-Li was there, but somehow replaced with Ken. Bamco had both Symphonia and Vesperia protagonists in the planning stages, but they're not here as well."
"I'm pretty sure they were developing Erdrick, and the default guy(?) from Minecraft was there too, with his actual working model, as one of the thrid party reps. But he's gone too idk."
"There was also Sephiroth and the Mii character from Super Mario RPG, but Sephiroth ended up conceding the spot to DQ, and the Mii one was in a very sensitive position, so it was dropped."
Reading it, the idea is that the leaker knew about Hero 100%, was confused about Steve being developed but not in the released game, and thought Sephiroth was dropped in favor of Hero as that was higher priority for Square. The quote about Chun Li is that the leaker thinks she was dropped for Ken, possibly due to time constraints. Having both Lloyd and Yuri there seems to be Bamco just slotting in "Tales rep" and tabling it for the time being. There are definitely similarities in wording between Tales and Sephiroth, so the idea is that the Tales rep being "not here" is going to end up like how Sephiroth didn't end up in the game until FP2. Without more context on Chun Li though we don't know if she would even be revisited since she was replaced by Ken, but the possibility remains.
hm, interesting

guess we'll see tho

SharkLord

Smash Hero
We're really calling it the Chun-Leak now, aren't we? I feel like that name's kinda misleading, but okay then.
Anyways here's a link to the thing, which will probably get buried pretty soon anyways.
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-4813#post-24211016

Since there seems to be some confusion on what it's about, here's the takeaways:
  • The post was made about ten days after SSBU released.
  • Erdrick and Steve were being worked on for the base game, but were scrapped.
    • Hero was already rumored to have been pushed back, and we know Steve was in the works for a long time.
    • Steve apparently had his model working already, which would've sounded pretty unrealistic if he wasn't just six static rectangles.
  • Chun-Li was allegedly replaced with Ken. This would put her in line with the likes of Alucard and Decidueye, who were considered but dropped for the Belmonts and Incineroar, respectively.
  • Both Lloyd AND Yuri were being considered in the planning stages, but were dropped. This would make them more like Steve and Hero. No reason was given, but I have some theories:
    • Nintendo though Bamco was getting a large-enough cut of the base game's sales, an thought it best if a Tales character was confined to a DLC pack.
    • They were holding off to see how well Tales of Berseria and/or Vesperia DE did. Keep in mind the roster was finalized in 2015, so they wouldn't have known at the time.
    • Bamco got Nintendo to hold off for the 25th anniversary. Usually this would mean jacksquat, but seeing as Bamco is also working on the game, they might have more pull over the matter.
  • Sora was a candidate, but he was dropped on the basis that he wouldn't feel right without Disney content (Which is a bit of a hot topic on this thread, so grab a fire extinguisher, just in case).
  • Sephiroth was considered, but conceded to Hero. Seeing as he didn't have a reason for being dropped beyond DQ, which is an entirely separate franchise, it's not surprising that Nintendo went back and gave him a second chance.
  • Geno was stated to have a sensitive position. Squeenix thought he was associated with Smash more than anything, as almost all his requests are for Smash and not a new game. Allegedly, they were "unsure of the fan's real intentions."
And that's the gist of it. Anyways I'm going to put this in my signature so I don't have to keep repeating myself.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We're really calling it the Chun-Leak now, aren't we? I feel like that name's kinda misleading, but okay then.
Anyways here's a link to the thing, which will probably get buried pretty soon anyways.
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-4813#post-24211016

Since there seems to be some confusion on what it's about, here's the takeaways:
    • Hero was already rumored to have been pushed back, and we know Steve was in the works for a long time.
    • Steve apparently had his model working already, which would've sounded pretty unrealistic if he wasn't just six static rectangles.
  • Chun-Li was allegedly replaced with Ken. This would put her in line with the likes of Alucard and Decidueye, who were considered but dropped for the Belmonts and Incineroar, respectively.
  • Both Lloyd AND Yuri were being considered in the planning stages, but were dropped. This would make them more like Steve and Hero. No reason was given, but I have some theories:
    • Nintendo though Bamco was getting a large-enough cut of the base game's sales, an thought it best if a Tales character was confined to a DLC pack.
    • They were holding off to see how well Tales of Berseria and/or Vesperia DE did. Keep in mind the roster was finalized in 2015, so they wouldn't have known at the time.
    • Bamco got Nintendo to hold off for the 25th anniversary. Usually this would mean jacksquat, but seeing as Bamco is also working on the game, they might have more pull over the matter.
  • Sora was a candidate, but he was dropped on the basis that he wouldn't feel right without Disney content (Which is a bit of a hot topic on this thread, so grab a fire extinguisher, just in case).
  • Sephiroth was considered, but conceded to Hero. Seeing as he didn't have a reason for being dropped beyond DQ, which is an entirely separate franchise, it's not surprising that Nintendo went back and gave him a second chance.
  • Geno was stated to have a sensitive position. Squeenix thought he was associated with Smash more than anything, as almost all his requests are for Smash and not a new game. Allegedly, they were "unsure of the fan's real intentions."
And that's the gist of it. Anyways I'm going to put this in my signature so I don't have to keep repeating myself.
no worries ill bookmark it and put a special label for future reference

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
For the most part I just ignored them. I supported the inclusion of Ridley and Steve and for every ****post, awful take, and insult I read I just rolled my eyes. Besides, this only makes their inclusion all the better since the haters get to eat their own dish that they served :p

I don't have to say anything to them or gloat, being able to pick and play the characters I wanted in the character select screen is all the vindication I need.

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Sounds like that they were ultimately just considered, not actually planned. Could they still be in this pass? Oh of course, it would be dumb to say that they don't have a chance, but I don't think this leak of fighter considerations means that they're in, just that they were, well, considered. It wouldn't be the first time a character was considered but didn't make it. After all, Heihachi was considered during Smash 4, but he's still a mii costume as of yet. Speaking of mii costumes, the Heihachi and Gil mii costumes makes me doubt a Tales fighter for this pass, but we will just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom