• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think the cuts will be as drastic as people think. All I think we really need to keep an eye on are third-parties (costs money for each one) and maybe a few clones/semi-clones. If they're serious about trimming down the roster, then maybe we'll also see a few of the less popular, less played, and/or less relevant characters disappear.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
In 2042 they'll bring back every character again, with both their original movesets and whatever movesets are applicable to the 2028 reboot. Every character with a 200-page thread has made it in by this point. It will be called "Super Smash Bros." and retail for $220 with no DLC. For the first time in Nintendo's history, there will be peace among the fandom.

Or something along those lines...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Idk but I think you can still keep Everyone Is Here AND have new content, if the next smash builds off Ultimate. Ultimate had a little less cuz it was bringing the Melee and Brawl vets that were missing back. But you’d have everyone there already in a perfect successor, just tweak what you got and you’d have more time for new stuff
True but keep in mind the fact it would be a licensing nightmare. It would be even harder and expensive because they would have to bring back Ultimate's DLC characters in the base roster. While not impossible it sounds unrealistic, specially when most DLC fighters are third party. Square Enix, Microsoft or Sega being friends with Nintendo doesn't mean they will license their characters for less.

And even if Nintendo was able to do it, each returning character would still need work. It's not like they could press a button and have the work done, because I would assume the next game would have some new mechanics or features even if it's Ultimate 2.0.

Pic of the Day:

This is clearly a hint that at E3 we'll get a fighting game character as CP10.

Specifically, Sol Badguy.
Then, the POTD Sakurai will upload after the reveal will be this exact same photo, but with Sol entering his Dragon Install form between Ryu and Terry:

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think the cuts will be as drastic as people think. All I think we really need to keep an eye on are third-parties (costs money for each one) and maybe a few clones/semi-clones. If they're serious about trimming down the roster, then maybe we'll also see a few of the less popular, less played, and/or less relevant characters disappear.
Honestly same, companies like Capcom, Sega and Namco seem overall easy to work with so i dont think Sonic, Pacman and the Capcom boys are going anywhere. Maybe Ken since he's a clone and maybe Joker because by that point there will probably be a Persona 6 so Sega would want to milk THAT one for all it's worth.

And they could cut the fat for the Nintendo cast, the Fire emblem side of things like Chrom and Roy, some of the Pokemon like Incineroar and Pichu, Young Link is definitely leaving.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is clearly a hint that at E3 we'll get a fighting game character as CP10.

Specifically, Sol Badguy.
Then, the POTD Sakurai will upload after the reveal will be this exact same photo, but with Sol entering his Dragon Install form between Ryu and Terry:

Real talk, that'd be an absolutely ****in' sick picture.

ZelDan

Smash Master
When it comes to a Smash ultimate port, my level of excitement towards it hypothetically happening depends on how much they actually add to it or change it.

if Nintendo/Sakurai go much further with it than I think they will and they add an actually substantial amount of new characters, and a nice amount of new content (whether it be story stuff, modes, spirits-related stuff, online modes, etc.), and on top of all this make positive changes and fix issues people have with the game? Sure I'd be down for an Ultimate port.

If they go the more expected route and we get something closer to a "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" situation, where an Ultimate port would basically just be what we already have, DLC included, but with a small handful of things added on top, I'd much rather just see a new game at that point, even if it means we get cuts.

I really like Ultimate and all, but the game is DEFINITELY not perfect, and while I like Ultimate, I also like to see change/experimentation, improvement or to see things mixed up in some way. There's also the fact I'm not exactly as scared at the prospect of cuts as others. I'm not going to pretend I care about every character on the roster we have, and if a character I do care about to some extent does get cut, then really, as long as a good amount of other veterans I do like manage to survive and some cool newcomers get added to Smash 6 as well, then things will balance out for me and I'll probably still be able to appreciate a Smash 6 roster quite a bit.

Hell, I know this is how I can be too. After getting so familiar with Ultimate and putting many hours into, I did decide to check out Super Smash Flash 2 for ****s and giggles and actually do have some appreciation for the roster and grew to like it, despite it being much smaller and having 4 goddamn Shonen characters (I'm not into the idea of non-gaming characters in Smash, but I maybe could have gotten over it for an unofficial fangame more easily if they atleast varied things much better, like add anime characters from a different company or add some Western non-gaming characters...)

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Lord
I'm thinking of a Super Smash Bros. game. genre of Tactical role-playing for how it would be.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Imagine a Smash Cinematic Universe though...

With the human characters I can only imagine some based castings such as

:ultsnake: - David Hayter
:ultsimon: - Chris Hemsworth
:ult_terry:- Brad Pitt
:ultfalcon:- Patrick Warburton
:ultpalutena:- Demi Moore
:ultlink: - Orlando Bloom
Well, if the estrogen brigade is still in full effect all these years later...

Also, like the trend or not, there's likely to be some form of Battle Royale mode in the next Smash installment. How do I know this?
I don't.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
When it comes to a Smash ultimate port, my level of excitement towards it hypothetically happening depends on how much they actually add to it or change it.

if Nintendo/Sakurai go much further with it than I think they will and they add an actually substantial amount of new characters, and a a nice amount of new content (whether it be story stuff, modes, spirits-related stuff, online modes, etc.), and on top of all this make positive changes and fix issues people have with the game? Sure I'd be down for an Ultimate port.

If they go the more expected route and we get something closer to a "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" situation, where an Ultimate port would basically just be what we already have, DLC included, but with a small handful of things added on top, I'd much rather just see a new game at that point, even if it means we get cuts.

I really like Ultimate and all, but the game is DEFINITELY not perfect, and while I like Ultimate, I also like to see change/experimentation, improvement or to see things mixed up in some way. There's also the fact I'm not exactly as scared at the prospect of cuts as others. I'm not going to pretend I care about every character on the roster we have, and if a character I do care about to some extent does get cut, then really, as long as a good amount of other veterans I do like manage to survive and some cool newcomers get added to Smash 6 as well, then things will balance out for me and I'll probably still be able to appreciate a Smash 6 roster quite a bit.

Hell, I know this is how I can be too. After getting so familiar with Ultimate and putting many hours into, I did decide to check out Super Smash Flash 2 for ****s and giggles and actually do have some appreciation for the roster and grew to like it, despite it being much smaller and having 4 goddamn Shonen characters (I'm not into the idea of non-gaming characters in Smash, but I maybe could have gotten over it for an unofficial fangame more easily if they atleast varied things much better, like add anime characters from a different company or add some Western non-gaming characters...)
The bolded is what I hope (and kinda think) would happen with Ultimate Encore. I’m sure Sak has heard the complaints about online, and I too think some single player content can be improved.

(I should be asleep but I feel a bit sick to my stomach so...)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I never post on threads like this, but I just wanted to inform y'all that over on the Waluigi thread we noticed that he's getting a lot of merchandise basically out of nowhere, similar to how Banjo did before E3 '19 - and found something potentially major in plain sight.
There's a website called Poster Foundry, and they seem to have started working with Nintendo. I've done a few checks and they seem to be legit. Some of the Nintendo art on their site even seems to be brand new. (lots of "seems" here, huh.)
View attachment 317216View attachment 317217

Their Nintendo stuff is as far as I can tell recent additions. One doesn't have an image and none of the ones I've checked have reviews yet.
View attachment 317218

One of the products they sell is this:
View attachment 317215
The only other product there that's labled Smash Bros. is a laughing Wario poster in the same style

(There's also some Star Fox Zero stuff, but that isn't relevant.)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I never post on threads like this, but I just wanted to inform y'all that over on the Waluigi thread we noticed that he's getting a lot of merchandise basically out of nowhere, similar to how Banjo did before E3 '19 - and found something potentially major in plain sight.
Maybe, but I feel like it was more significant in regard to Banjo as it was (is?) presumed a dead franchise, and to suddenly get merch does raise eyebrows. I feel like Waluigi inherently gets merch just by the virtue of being under the Mario brand.

But who knows.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Every roster decision is reliant on multiple factors, but sometimes it can be hard to determine which ones are going to be prioritised.

Hear me out, I'm fairly sure that Waluigi's iconic status is on the same level as Slippy Toad. But nobody ever says that we're sleeping on Slippy as a pick, because he doesn't have fan demand or series relevancy as factors in his favour, and that swings the balance.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Every roster decision is reliant on multiple factors, but sometimes it can be hard to determine which ones are going to be prioritised.

Hear me out, I'm fairly sure that Waluigi's iconic status is on the same level as Slippy Toad. But nobody ever says that we're sleeping on Slippy as a pick, because he doesn't have fan demand or series relevancy as factors in his favour, and that swings the balance.
Uh, no. Waluigi actually is WAY higher on the iconic scale than Slippy, because Waluigi is a Mario character that has shown up in dozens of Mario games. Slippy is a supporting character in the Star Fox franchise, a franchise that doesn't come anywhere close to Mario's level of success or lifetime sales. It's so far away that to say "it isn't anywhere close" still feels like an understatement. There have been more Mario games with Waluigi in it than there have been Star Fox games in general.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Uh, no. Waluigi actually is WAY higher on the iconic scale than Slippy, because Waluigi is a Mario character that has shown up in dozens of Mario games. Slippy is a supporting character in the Star Fox franchise, a franchise that doesn't come anywhere close to Mario's level of success or lifetime sales. It's so far away that to say "it isn't anywhere close" still feels like an understatement. There have been more Mario games with Waluigi in it than there have been Star Fox games in general.
Even though there's a gap within that tier, it's still the same tier. "Same level" doesn't mean "same amount", and iconicness is not the same thing as popularity (especially outside the Internet). The toad is a critical character in a series that was once hugely important, while the other guy is a nobody in a prolific series. I feel completely confident in this one.

Different generations might poll differently on this, but I think it averages out.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There's only 3 constants of the Speculation Thread:

1# People will get bored of talking about the frontrunners, only to snub character discussion in favor of discussing the front runners

2# There will always be Assist and Mii Costume promotion wars

3# Cut Discussions will happen, people will try to veer the discussion away from it

4# We don't talk about 4#

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
There's only 3 constants of the Speculation Thread:

1# People will get bored of talking about the frontrunners, only to snub character discussion in favor of discussing the front runners

2# There will always be Assist and Mii Costume promotion wars

3# Cut Discussions will happen, people will try to veer the discussion away from it

4# We don't talk about 4#
4# is obviously when we're so in drought that we start to think that Goku and Mickey Mouse are a possibility.
It's like that guy in a desert Island who slowly lose his mind.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's an interesting idea.

Can we imagine if Faust got announced? A beloved character among all GG fans yet people will try banning him because of RNG slaughtering their families and burning their crops because funny paper bag man gave them an afro midmatch

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Likewise, just cause you're unique doesn't mean you have a massive following either(Corrin and Byleth are noted as characters many are fine with cutting). Etc.
There is also the fact that Squirtle and Ivysaur got significantly less demand for DLC than Lucas and Wolf despite being more unique also proves (and Squirtle is an especially iconic and promoted Pokemon to boot). I do think time will be somewhat kinder to Byleth due to the reason a different poster talked about.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
In my opinion, everyone will be sad that characters will be cut... and then Geno, Crash, Sora, Dante, Doomguy and Master Chief get in and the hype trains rolls once more.

Fighting game cuts are inevitable. Here's to the Bridget fans from Guilty Gear (like me).
See, that kinda depends though.

Let's just say that Geno actually did get in, but Cloud, Hero and/or Sephiroth were nowhere to be found. Naturally a lot of people would be horribly confused and upset if Geno managed to make it and yet all those other SE characters, or at least one of them, went missing. Ditto if Master Chief/Doom Guy got in, but with no Banjo or Steve in sight.

toonito

Smash Ace
Here's an interesting idea.

Can we imagine if Faust got announced? A beloved character among all GG fans yet people will try banning him because of RNG slaughtering their families and burning their crops because funny paper bag man gave them an afro midmatch
Sakurai give me Hero vs Faust plz

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
3 hours after the FP11 is revealed, this thread will have 50 new pages dedicated to arguing why they should be cut in the next Smash game.
After CP11 is revealed, I may honestly stop being active (if you even consider my current activity as “being active”) on this site. Especially if CP10 or CP11 are one of my most wanteds. If I get one of them, I’ll consider that a lucky cherry on top of the Ultimate Sundae and I’ll be done with speculation, since I’ll have gotten what I came for. Even if I don’t get one of my MWs, Ultimate’s character cycle will be over.

I consider this the last Smash game and the last few newcomers for the next few years. And unless some bonus fighter is announced to be revealed at a later date, I don’t really have anything to speculate on until the next Smash gets announced. Just want to enjoy what we get with this game until the next one comes along. Maybe I’ll hop into some character socials for my favorite characters, but as far as I know, playable character talk has moved to Discord.

That was a bit of a bummer...so let’s lighten the mood then.

What type of play style archetype might your MW fit into if they get in, and if you could only have one of your MWs get in, would you want them to be CP10 (get them sooner) or CP11 (be the final hurrah for this game)?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My top three most wanted characters are Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy, Magus from Chrono Trigger, and the Battletoads. I’ve made movesets for all three that I’m pretty proud of.

Here’s my idea for Magus:

Gimmicks and other Traits

Magus floats for his running animation similar to Sephiroth and teleports for his dodge roll. Magus has a similar tipper mechanic to Marth where most of the damage from his scythe attacks is caused by the tip rather than the handle. Magus also has a float jump similar to Princess Peach, but he gradually descends rather than floats at the same altitude. Most of Magus’ attributes are very similar to Sephiroth.

Weak attacks

Jab: Magus holds his hand forward and zaps the opponent with two small shocks followed by a final more powerful blast.

Forward Tilt: Magus throws his scythe forwards, causing it to spin around and return to him, similar to Pyra’s forward special but since it is a just a tilt, the range and power are drastically scaled down.

Up Tilt: Magus pokes his scythe upward and hits the opponent with the spike on the top

Down Tilt: Magus performs a low sweep across the ground with his scythe.

Smash Attacks

Up Smash – Geyser – Magus summons a pillar of light at roughly the height of Palutena’s up smash and unleashes several spirits that fly upwards and damage enemies. This attack doesn’t have much knockback but it has very good range.

Down Smash: Magus slams the handle of his scythe into the ground.

Side Smash: Magus swings his scythe horizontally and catches any opponent it connects with. He then scrapes his scythe across the ground, dragging the opponent before sending them flying in the opposite direction.

Specials

Neutral Special – Fire/Lighting/Ice – Magus’ neutral special rotates on a cycle between three different attacks.

• For his fire special, Magus creates a pillar of flame a short distance in front of him at about one and a half times his height that can trap opponents and causes steady residual damage similar to Ness’ PK Fire.
  • Magus’ Lightning special summons a bolt of electricity horizontally from his hand that travels a long distance across the stage. This causes light damage but is capable of stunning opponents at high percentages.
  • Finally Magus’ Ice special summons a giant chunk of ice that travels diagonally downwards and crashes into the ground at a medium distance from him. This attack causes a lot of damage and can freeze opponents at high percentages.
Up Special - Black Hole – Magus creates a small black hole, and teleports away. The black hole would remain on the battlefield for a few seconds or until you used the move again. Any opponents sucked into the black hole would teleport to the other end where Magus emerged.

Down Special – Dark Mist – Magus unleashes a wave of dark mist that covers a wide horizontal area across the ground. This would function a lot like Palutena’s Heavenly Light custom special in that it does not cause any flinching or knockback but damages anyone caught in the mist.

Side Special – Dark Bomb – Magus sends out a glowing ball of energy that he can slightly control the trajectory of similar to Zelda’s Din’s Fire move which then detonates into an sphere of negative energy that deals heavy damage and knockback.

Running Attack

Magus swings his scythe upwards

Aerials

Neutral Air: Magus holds his arms outstretched and surrounds himself in dark energy similar to Mewtwo’s neutral air.

Up Air: Magus swings his scythe in an arc above him similar to Sephiroth.

Forward Air: Magus swings his scythe diagonally downwards and catches opponents whom he flings backwards.

Back Air: Magus stabs backward with the handle of his scythe.

Down Air: Magus jabs downards with the spike at the end of his scythe which can spike opponents.

Throws

Grab and Pummel: Magus traps his opponents in a sphere of dark energy and electrifies it as a pummel.

Up Throw: Magus throws the orb upwards causing it to explode and the opponent to go flying outward.

Down Throw: Magus slams the orb into the ground which causes it to explode.

Forward Throw: Magus propels the orb forward and tosses his scythe through it like a javelin, causing it to explode.

Back Throw: Magus teleports the orb behind him, causing it to explode.

Final Smash

Final Smash – Dark Matter – This is based on Magus’ most powerful skill in Chrono Trigger. Magus envelops the opponent in darkness with his cape. This starts out a lot like Meta Knight’s final Smash. It then transports anyone caught to a cutscene that causes massive damage to each of these opponents with a massive spinning triangle of dark energy.

Taunts

Taunt 1 – Magus crosses his arms and floats upwards as he says “The black wind howls.”

Taunt 2 – Magus tightens his glove as his says “Do you hear that? It’s the sound of the reaper.”

Taunt 3 – Magus’ scythe circles around him, floating in the air.

Victory Quotes

“Nothing can live forever.”

“The weak always strive to be weaker.”

“You got whacked ‘cuz you’re weak.”

This one is for Zegram:

General Play Style and Gimmicks

Zegram is a slower, more powerful sword user compared to most of the cast. His power and attributes would be very similar to Ike. Like Ike, Zegram also uses a huge sword with only one hand. The biggest thing separating himself from Ike is the fact that he has a stronger focus on projectiles and area attacks.

In Rogue Galaxy, Zegram has several skills that temporarily buff either himself or his teammates. These include Drunken Burst, which raises his team’s attack power, Parry, which increases evasion, Fire Sword which temporarily infuses his sword in flames, and Twin Sword , which spawns a secondary sword adding a second hit to all his attacks. I think the most interesting one here is Twin Sword. In Smash, this will be represented as a temporary powered up state akin to Joker’s Arsene. This will only apply to Zegram’s A moves and his specials will be unaffected.

Weak Attacks

Neutral - Zegram Attacks with four quick horizontal slashes followed by a stronger spinning slash. If the A button is held instead, Zegram charges up and performs a single stronger spinning leaping downward slash. This is a great shield breaking move. This represents both Zegram’s basic combination attack in Rogue Galaxy as well as his charge up shield breaking move.

Forward tilt - This one is very similar to Ike’s forward tilt. A slightly overhead, downward angled horizontal slash.

Up tilt -Zegram thrusts his sword directly upward similar to Marth’s up smash.

Down tilt - Zegram performs a quick downward stab into the ground. This represents Zegram’s normal attack on downed enemies in Rogue Galaxy.

Smash attacks

Forward smash – Fire Sword – When Twin Sword isn’t active, this attack is similar to Ike’s forward smash but infused in flames. When Twin Sword is active, Zegram slashes forward in an X pattern with two swords.

Up smash –Fire Sword – Zegram infuses his sword in flames and thrusts his sword upward in a sweeping motion. The animation for this attack would look a lot like Cloud’s up smash.

Down smash – Death Break – Zegram carves a spell circle in the ground with his sword and stabs the ground dealing considerable damage to a fairly wide range. This attack has a fairly long startup but the damage and knockback is very strong.

Specials

Neutral special – Shuriken - Zegram throws a shuriken that travels in a straight line in the direction the opponent was at the time of throwing it up to 45 degrees upward or downward. This is about the speed and power of Falco’s blaster. After throwing a set number of these, there is a cooldown before he can throw another. The cooldown can be greatly reduced by shielding. This represents Zegram’s standard ranged attack in Rogue Galaxy.

Up special – Inferno Vortex - Zegram summons a flaming tornado that damages enemies traps them in it while propelling Zegram upwards

Forward special – Burning Strike – A 5 hit combination attack in the same vein as Marth’s forward B chain. The first strike is a downward overhead slash. The second is a powerful upward slash. The third is a sweeping horizontal slash. The fourth strike is another powerful upward slash. For the final strike, he throws a flaming shuriken that drags the enemy upward in an arc as the shuriken turns into a flaming phoenix. This would be a slower but more powerful attack compared to Marth’s chain.

Down special – Lightning – Zegram thrusts his sword in the air and summons a lightning storm that damage enemies in range. Unlike Pikachu’s thunder, Zegram’s Lighting is a fairly weak move that hits a wider range. Although it does mild damage, it does stun all enemies struck by the lighting similar to Zero Suit Samus’ blaster.

Running Attack

Running attack - This one is kind of similar to Link’s running attack where Zegram performs a strong leaping strike.

Aerial attacks

Neutral air - Zegram Performs two horizontal slashes followed by an overhead downward slash. This is his aerial combo from Rogue Galaxy.

Forward air - This one is pretty similar to Ike’s forward air. Zegram performs a slow powerful overhead slash with two hands.

Up air - Zegram performs an arching overhead slash. This is a lot like Ike’s up air but with an additional fire element.

Down air - Zegram stabs his sword downward, which can spike.

Throws

Pummel - The standard knee strikes most characters have work well here.

Forward throw - This is a cargo throw similar to Donkey Kong. He lifts his opponent over his head with both hands and can move around with them before tossing them. This represents Rogue Galaxy’s toss mechanic.

Up throw - Zegram tosses his opponent upwards and follows up by tossing two shurikens at him or her.

Back throw - Zegram tosses his opponent backwards.

Down throw - Zegram slams his opponent into the ground then stabs them with his sword.

Final Smash

Gates of Hell – This is based on Zegram’s ultimate triple team attack from Rogue Galaxy which he performs with the protagonist, Jaster Rogue and one of their partners, Lilika. To initiate the attack, Zegram thrusts his sword in a sweeping motion and anyone caught in range is teleported to a cutscene. Here, Jaster carves a spell circle in the ground while Lilika uses it to summon a huge otherworldly gate from the ground. Zegram slices the gate open with his sword and releases a huge wave of cursed energy which deals massive damage to anyone caught in the initial activation.

Another option for Zegram’s final smash is Jaster’s triple tech, Supernova, that he performs with Zegram and Kisala. In this move, all three dash into the sky and form a giant laser beam with their swords that explodes the planet. Even though this isn’t Zegram’s move specifically, it does feature him as well as the main heroine, Kisala, rather than Lilika, who is more of a side character.

Taunts

Taunt 1 - Zegram points his sword forward and then makes the “bring it on” motion with his hand as he says “Come on, try me!”. This is he animation for his Parry skill.

Taunt 2 - Zegram takes a drink from his gourd, wipes his mouth, and hiccups. This is the animation from the first part of his Drunken Burst skill.

Taunt 3 - Zegram temporarily infuses his sword in flames as he says “This is gonna hurt!”. This is the animation from his Flame Sword skill with the quote from his Death Break skill.

Victory quotes

“Don’t ever try to show off in front of me you damn beast.”

“Huh, why did they even bother jumping us?”

“Let’s just leave it at that for now.”

“What a waste of time!”

“Was that it?”

My Battletoads moveset idea is over 10 years old so I’ll have to revisit in soon to see if I have any new ideas but I’ll share it here:

Gimmick:
In their games, the Battletoads transform their limbs when they are about to inflict the finishing blow to an enemy. To represent this in Smash, one potential idea is to power up their attacks when the opponent is at 100% damage or higher. This would be visually represented by having their limbs transform. If this wouldn't work, just having their limbs always transform for attacks can also work.

Weak Attacks:
A Combo — Kiss My Fist
The Battletoad attacks with two regular punches followed by a big punch where his fist grows.

Kiss My Fist.gif

Forward Tilt — BT Big Hammer
The Battletoad attacks by swinging both hands left then right. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, the attack will be replaced by a giant hammer.
BT Big Hammer (Battlemaniacs).gif

Up Tilt
A short uppercut

Down Tilt — Ball n’ Chain
The Battletoad delivers a leg sweep. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, this attack becomes stronger and his foot is replaced by a spiked ball and chain.

Ball n' Chain.gif

Running A — Charge n’ Barge
The Battletoad delivers a running head butt to his opponent. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, this attack becomes stronger and the Battletoad has ram horns appear on his head.

Charge n' Barge (Battlemaniacs).gif

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash — Big Bad Boot
The Battletoad punts his opponent. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, this attack becomes stronger and the Battletoad’s foot turns into a big boot and he jumps in the air a bit.

Big Bad Boot.gif

Up Smash — Stone Fist
The Battletoad delivers a fierce uppercut. Normally, his hand just grows bigger (like many of Mario’s attacks), but if the opponent is at 100% or higher, this attack becomes stronger and his fist turns to stone.

Stone Fist.gif

Down Smash
The Battletoad clasps his hands together (like Donkey Kong’s Aerial Forward A) and smashes his opponent into the ground (like Donkey Kong’s Forward B).

Ground Pound (Double Dragon).gif

Specials:
Neutral B — Walker Leg
The Battletoad takes out a walker leg. After striking with this a few times, it leads to a command grab where they lift their opponent up and can choose to either smack them forward or toss them backward.

Weapon Swing.gif

Forward B — Speeder Bike
This could work exactly like Wario’s motorcycle, except they would be using their speeder bikes from the Turbo Tunnel stages.

Up B — Rope
The Battletoad swings his arm like Donkey Kong’s windup punch and throws a rope upwards that he uses to swing like Spiderman. If you press B while swinging, he can turn into a wrecking ball and attack the opponent.In the air:

Rope Jump.gif

Down B — Drilla Killa
The Battletoad launches forward with an drill, using animation like Metaknight’s Forward B. When using it in the air, it would travel diagonally downwards like Falcon Kick.

Grabs:

Grab
Like Snake, the Battletoad grabs his opponent from behind, but grabs their head instead of chokes them.

Pummel
The Battletoad kicks his opponent’s butt (literally).

Forward Throw
The Battletoads pick up and carry their opponent similar to DK and can toss them in several directions.

Throw Forward.gif

Back Throw
The Battletoad grabs the back of his opponent’s head and smashes them back and forth into the ground.

Throw Pummel Slam.gif

Up Throw
A simple toss upwards

Down Throw
The Battletoads jump in the air and slam their opponent down similar to DK's throw.

Throw Down.gif

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A
The Battletoad attacks with his arms outstretched and hitting enemies on both sides.

T Punch.gif

Forward A — Anvil Swipe
Something very similar to Gandondorf's. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, this attack becomes stronger and his hand is replaced by an anvil.

Anvil Swipe (Arcade).gif

Back A — Flying Battleaxe
This attack would look a lot like Fox's. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, the move becomes stronger and his foot could become an axe.

Up A — Soarin’ Saw Blade
The base attack would be a standard somersault kick like Ganondorf. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, the move becomes stronger and his feet are replaced by a Buzz Saw.

Down A — Wun Tun Stomp
The Battletoad stomps down with one foot similar to DK but it causes the Battletoad to drop down like Toon Link’s Aerial Down A. If the opponent is at 100% or higher, this attack becomes stronger and the battletoad’s foot is replaced by a huge weight.

Final Smash
This could play pretty much exactly like Pikachu’s Final Smash. The Battletoad could turn into a spiked wrecking ball instead of an electric one. Afterwards, all of the Battletoad’s attacks can be their fully powered up versions for a little while

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
After CP11 is revealed, I may honestly stop being active (if you even consider my current activity as “being active”) on this site. Especially if CP10 or CP11 are one of my most wanteds. If I get one of them, I’ll consider that a lucky cherry on top of the Ultimate Sundae and I’ll be done with speculation, since I’ll have gotten what I came for. Even if I don’t get one of my MWs, Ultimate’s character cycle will be over.

I consider this the last Smash game and the last few newcomers for the next few years. And unless some bonus fighter is announced to be revealed at a later date, I don’t really have anything to speculate on until the next Smash gets announced. Just want to enjoy what we get with this game until the next one comes along. Maybe I’ll hop into some character socials for my favorite characters, but as far as I know, playable character talk has moved to Discord.

That was a bit of a bummer...so let’s lighten the mood then.

What type of play style archetype might your MW fit into if they get in, and if you could only have one of your MWs get in, would you want them to be CP10 (get them sooner) or CP11 (be the final hurrah for this game)?
My most wanteds are pretty low-key (if I even have something like a most wanted anymore) so I definitely want my picks to be CP10 so they don’t attract the inevitable storm of hate comments that a final character brings. Like, CP11 is a tough burden that I can only see a few characters carrying succesfully. And even then that character better be revealed at E3 with CP10 to act as lightning rod instead of the fanbase throttling the remaining hype to a CP11 September reveal for it to end up, say, Beedle’s incarnation in the Breath of the Wild sequel.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
God this is hard, Miriam's arsenal is so wide that she can do damn near anything so there's nothing that works better for her. I guess that'd mean an allrounder would be ideal? If not, I'd go for a zoner as that means she gets a hell of a lot of magic to play with

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
As far as I am concerned there is no next Smash game. Obviously, there like - will be another installment in the series. But Ultimate is very likely to be my last Smash game.

This discussion about cuts is rather unpleasant, no? Enjoy this while it lasts, methinks.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Any other MW can come whenever they want, but Master Chiefs gotta be last, for the splash screen text bonus. There is no other theoretical splash screen that is S tier like a MC actually, literally finishing the fight. Plus if they continue the reveal to include some sort of conclusion to DLC, playing that to Halo music would be super badass.
I know not all of y'all are hype for the Chief, but it cannot be understated how legendary the OST really is. High school orchestras play that stuff, as part of regular curriculum.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My most wanted (who stands an actual chance - Geno's seemingly ruled out by the Mii costume, while Doomguy seemingly never had serious talks and even if he did, he's in direct competition with Master Chief after the Microsoft buy-out) would be Dante.

Not sure what playstyle he'd fall into (I've written what amounts to four separate movesets for the guy, and I've still only barely scratched the surface), but a stance change character seems to be the best fit? Whether it's weapon swapping or style swapping, it seems like Dante would regularly change between different options to keep opponents on their toes and deliver a varied (and stylish) combo. (plus, rapidly switching styles could work as a taunt that could be used online, like Dedede's ducking pose)

I'd prefer him to release as CP10 - I could see him getting utterly insane in the hands of professional players, in ways that the developers (or I) might not expect/anticipate, so having more time to release balance patches seems like it might help. I think they've learned their lesson from Smash 4 Bayonetta and have a better idea of how to balance characters like that (none of the DLC characters so far have been especially overpowered), but there's no way to know for sure.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
What do you mean I actually have to put in effort to discuss other characters instead of just ******** about the same few ones over and over again? :4pacman:

how many times do i have to teach you this lesson old man
You might wanna read the context on this page. It'd make you look less of a fool because someone dared to say "Chief last"

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
As far as I am concerned there is no next Smash game. Obviously, there like - will be another installment in the series. But Ultimate is very likely to be my last Smash game.

This discussion about cuts is rather unpleasant, no? Enjoy this while it lasts, methinks.
I would like to think I would "retire" from Smash speculation for good after the final two characters release, but I know once Smash 6 gets officially announced some years later that I will be hooked and back onboard. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom