• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Considering that my MW is left-field incarnate
Yeah but is it as left-field as "AT from a dead franchise" or "Pokemon that is not only not from gen 8 but is also a Poke Ball?"

Dinoman96

Smash Master
In regards to those old Mother 3 rumors, it seems like there actually was plans for it...it just got canned.

per Imran:

Mother 3 AFAIK is a dead end

It was full steam ahead for a while but upon re-evaluation there were aspects of the game that weren't going to go without controversy

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not immediately Smash related (possibly) but

Emily Rogers is saying we could see the Super Switch soon.

isnt Emily one of the most credible insiders out there?
I think she used to be though I can't remember when's the last time she got anything right. Might have been years.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In regards to those old Mother 3 rumors, it seems like there actually was plans for it...it just got canned.

per Imran:
That was in 2019. Maybe they’ll do a Link’s Awakening style remake and with consulting from NoA, tone down or remove the controversial bits

namely the Lucas awakening his powers scene which can easily be (mis)interpreted as sexual assault possible trigger warning

also, make the Magypsies use they/them pronouns and you should be good

Louie G.

Smash Hero
per Imran:
I'm sorry but at this point when I hear Imran my mind immediately shuts off lmao.

I know this particular claim was back in 2019 but he's completely destroyed his trust in my eyes with the stupid Monster Hunter / Byleth garbage. Not that "Mother 3 isn't happening because it could be controversial" is a particularly daring or original statement to begin with, anyway.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Tomb Raider fun fact: Shadow of the Tomb Raider's budget was over $135M.
The crazy thing is that's not even that out there for a major AAA release. God of War 2018 was $200 million USD.

As much as microtransactions and predatory DLC suck, I can see why studios pursue the strategy. A handful of big games slightly underperform and that revenue becomes the only thing keeping the lights on.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The crazy thing is that's not even that out there for a major, AAA release. God of War 2018 was $200 million USD.
I can only imagine how crazy GTAVI's budget would be if RDR2's was possibly 500 million. There's a reason we keep getting ports of V, a really expensive game like that's gotta take a whole lotta time and manpower.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Not that "Mother 3 isn't happening because it could be controversial" is a particularly daring or original statement to begin with, anyway.
I remember before it's announcement for Wii U there were a lot of people claiming that Earthbound couldn't be rereleased due to music copyright issues.

Of course it didn't really end up being an issue and the game was released without much changes in those departments.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

She's gotten some stuff right, offhand I remember that she was one of the insiders who mentioned 'Everyone is Here' being a thing for Smash. So it's worth keeping in mind, particularly since she isn't the first one to imply that a Switch update is coming.

As for the other part of the post, the Metroid bit she mentions about it coming out this year hopefully pans out. That's been in the rumor mill for years, so getting some confirmation on it would be nice.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
She's gotten some stuff right, offhand I remember that she was one of the insiders who mentioned 'Everyone is Here' being a thing for Smash. So it's worth keeping in mind, particularly since she isn't the first one to imply that a Switch update is coming.

As for the other part of the post, the Metroid bit she mentions about it coming out this year hopefully pans out. That's been in the rumor mill for years, so getting some confirmation on it would be nice.
I wonder if Emily knows anything about the next Smash, and if she’ll say it...

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I wonder if Emily knows anything about the next Smash, and if she’ll say it...
I honestly don't think anyone who's not high up on Nintendo's corporate ladder really knows anything about the next Smash. I'd be very surprised if the next Smash is anywhere beyond the most basic concept stages yet.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I honestly don't think anyone who's not high up on Nintendo's corporate ladder really knows anything about the next Smash. I'd be very surprised if the next Smash is anywhere beyond the most basic concept stages yet.
Hope it's literally just "SMASH 6" drawn on a whiteboard and right underneath is in big bold red letters "GOOD ONLINE"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Emily and Imran are both quite credible and what they say should be kept in mind, but obviously neither is infallible, and have both made claims which either haven't panned out or stretch the bounds of reason. However, that's not cause to entirely discard their words either, as more often than not they do pan out.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Maybe, I don't remember entirely. I thought there was something that Emily Rogers was being certain on for a while, but it didn't happen.
I don’t know how credible Emily Rogers is, but all I know about her is that she once hinted at Mother 3 releasing in 2016, and that didn’t happen. And so I was saddened.

Though I don’t hold anything against Rogers for it. Like I said, she may have gotten many other things right that I don’t really know about because I try to avoid spoilers/leaks.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
A New York mall is claiming that they'll have a playable demo of Splatoon 3 in June.

How likely is it that they're telling the truth?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Something about this seems Fishy

This is a real mall that has existed for a while, but the account was made this month and half the posts are Splatoon related, and they spelled their name wrong.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Something about this seems Fishy

This is a real mall that has existed for a while, but the account was made this month and half the posts are Splatoon related, and they spelled their name wrong.
To add on, the mall also has social media presence on Facebook and Instagram. I checked both of those accounts and the mall's website and there was no Splatoon related things mentioned. Edit: Also the Twitter account wasn't linked to on the mall's website

Sounds like someone trying to mess with the community again, by dragging a real establishment down with it.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To add on, the mall also has social media presence on Facebook and Instagram. I checked both of those accounts and the mall's website and there was no Splatoon related things mentioned. Edit: Also the Twitter account wasn't linked to on the mall's website

Sounds like someone trying to mess with the community again, by dragging a real establishment down with it.
That's kinda scummy if that's true...

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think it be a better idea for Both CP10 and CP11 to be revealed at E3, rather than just CP10

Plus I think there should be enough progress on Both for both to be revealed.

One thing I got to ask though. Every Smash E3 reveal (not counting Brawl or before) has been leaked in some capacity

Smash 4: Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Miis, Palutena, and PAC-MAN were leaked in base roster thanks to Gematsu. Roy and Ryu were leaked through data files

Smash Ultimate: Everyone is Here, along with Daisy and Ridley as Newcomers were leaked, Banjo and Hero were leaked, There was no E3 in 2020

Granted, Everyone is here were leaked around the same day, so the surprise was still kind of there, but since people are actively looking of Leaks now, I'm kinda worried that our E3 Reveals will also be leaked as well, even if FP2 has been more lowkey in terms of leaks

Do you think E3 2021 will be able to not get the Smash character reveals leaked?

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace

If that is true then that person is extremely awful

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
If we don't see any sort of mention of a Switch Pro at Nintendo's E3 this year, I'm going to be legit surprised if nobody makes one of those MegaMind Titan memes (you guys know the one).

Heck, I'm amazed it hasn't been made by now.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If we don't see any sort of mention of a Switch Pro at Nintendo's E3 this year, I'm going to be legit surprised if nobody makes one of those MegaMind Titan memes (you guys know the one).

Why not make one yourself?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

it's been too long since i saw Megamind, i am ashamed to admit i don't remember the line being referenced here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom