• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
unless they wanna go with Palmtree Panic in which case basically another Green Hill).
I'd unironically be fine with that. Of course, I'd prefer a different Sonic stage, but Sonic CDs soundtrack is one of my favorite video game soundtracks if all time... Specifically the "past" rendition of Palmtree Panic.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
New games added to Switch Online today.

Now all we need is the Beavis and Butt-head game! Ya know... to tie into their Smash Ultimate appearance... you know... the one that's totally happening :)

snes_beavis_and_butthead_p_o6e9ma.jpg

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'd unironically be fine with that. Of course, I'd prefer a different Sonic stage, but Sonic CDs soundtrack is one of my favorite video game soundtracks if all time... Specifically the "past" rendition of Palmtree Panic.

You could still have Sonic CD music without a Sonic CD stage.

They should have Amy's Room from Sonic Battle JUST to irritate people who don't like Amy hahahahaha. Just all pink with her face plastered all over hahahaha

For real though, they could go for the Adventure love with either Station Square or Twinkle Park as well.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I wonder if they’re setting the stage for a new NSO service at E3. N64? GC?
I wouldn’t count on it seeing their recent treatment of classic N64 and GC games via Mario 3D All Stars. They definitely don’t seem ready to make those games available for virtually free.

Best bet would probably be Game Boy / GBA.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nintendo: We've heard you're feedback about NSO, and have decided that its now time to add yet another console to the service. Coming this summer, a long beloved system's library will finally arrive for Nintendo Switch Online users...

**** I'd play the **** out of that. Virtual Boy emulation is garbage so if Nintendo gives me a legit way to play VB Wario Land and Jack Bros. without shelling out hundreds of dollars I'd be all in.

Ivander

Smash Legend
New games added to Switch Online today.

So was it just those two added or were there some other games with them? Like what was just added today?
I wonder if they’re setting the stage for a new NSO service at E3. N64? GC?
If they are, I'd see either N64 or Gameboy/Color/Advance. Why am I hoping for Gameboy Advance? Cause Shining Soul and Shining Soul 2, especially 2, with online multiplayer would be frickin' awesome. But Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Super Dodge Ball Advance would be good too.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Is it Laharl and Euden? Because I know I'd be ready!
I love Disgaea but id rather have Etna, Rozalin, or Valvatorez. Laharl is definitely the most likely though and I’d be fine with any representation.

As I said the other day, the Character Exploration thread has definitely opened me up to Euden. I think he could be a really fun character even though I never played his games.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
not immediately related to smash but STOP THE PRESSES
RCS IS BACK AS SONIC BABY
A big scare for nothing. Good to have Roger back, I like him!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
wait isn't the zarude pokemon movie getting a worldwide release later this year...
I'm... pretty sure it is?

I'm so sleep deprived hahahahaha I honestly read that as you asking if "the rude Pokemon movie" was coming this year and I was like "the RUDE Pokemon movie? I know Pikachu said some swears in Detective Pikachu but beyond that it was pretty par the course, I didn't know there was a RUDE Pokemon movie"

Now I want a Pokemon movie with more swearing and at least one moment where Ash says "Get WRECKED, jack weasel!"

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
OK but what if the trailer starts and they ask us to sing as a choir....

IF Chief happens, I'm expecting a more... inspired version of the halo theme to make it in. Personally, if he was the final fighter, I'd want this theme, with the whole roster coming into the cinematic around the 2:17 crescendo.

If you had to make an ideal pick and a realistic pick for the final two, who would they be?

(I figure it's best to not go into "pessimistic picks" or "worst case scenarios", since what's disappointing for one person might be another person's most wanted character(s), so that seems like it would just lead to arguments)
My minds so warped that I see Master Chief as both ideal and realistic. I've reiterated this point a couple times, but I don't think theres any one other character who would sell any more DLC alone, in fact I'd think that following announcement and release, you'd see an uptick in consoles and ultimate copies sold. The only problem being that he'd be unlikely to generate that hype in Japan, but the casual market the rest of the world over would implode.

As for the other character:

Ideal: Crash. Nuff said.
Realistic: Someone Eastern heavy to balance out Chief. I've not seen one single frame of gameplay from Famicon Detective Club in my life, but consensus around here seems to be that that she'd be that perfect balance, so I gotta trust my Smash Bros and Sises and go with her. If she gets me Chief, she's more than welcome.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Nintendo: We've heard you're feedback about NSO, and have decided that its now time to add yet another console to the service. Coming this summer, a long beloved system's library will finally arrive for Nintendo Switch Online users...

At least we'd get to play VB Wario Land on a (semi) normal console/handheld.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I was referring to something on the Nintendo Website for NZ. I must have been off. Thank you for clearing this up. The eShop is something entirely different.
To my recollection the website was explicitly the New Zealand version of the website that showed the contents of the eShop. I probably could have phrased that better I think but yeah, I have that clears things up for you better

https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/bundles/70070000009787 (The bundle page)

https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/aocs/70050000018970 (Pyra/Mythra)
https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/aocs/70050000018971 (CP10)
https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/aocs/70050000018972 (CP11)
https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/aocs/70050000018973 (Empty space in question)
https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/aocs/70050000018974 (Ancient Armour)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not immediately Smash related (possibly) but

Emily Rogers is saying we could see the Super Switch soon.

isnt Emily one of the most credible insiders out there?
I don't think so.....IIRC. I can't remember her track record, but wasn't she the main one saying that Mother 3 was going to be announced at one of the previous E3s?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think so.....IIRC. I can't remember her track record, but wasn't she the main one saying that Mother 3 was going to be announced at one of the E3s?
I thought that was Laura Kate Dale? Who also said the Switch Smash would just be Smash 4 Deluxe with only a few bonus characters

Ivander

Smash Legend
I thought that was Laura Kate Dale? Who also said the Switch Smash would just be Smash 4 Deluxe with only a few bonus characters
Maybe, I don't remember entirely. I thought there was something that Emily Rogers was being certain on for a while, but it didn't happen.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everything in this video.

I know, I know, the Mother games among other heavily requested titles have yet again been held back by Nintendo...

But you gotta admit, everyone was hyped for Spanky's Quest. :bowsette:

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Who's ready for some left-field smash e3 reveals!?!?!?!?

nervous laughter
Well...
  1. Reimu is always countered with the wonky localization stuff, sometimes dragging in arguments about what "iconic" means, snide comments about how it's like watching a relationship you know won't work out, and long debates that go nowhere (Yeah, maybe I am a little salty...)
  2. Adol's seen positively but is always noted as a potential darkhorse
  3. Settings already represented tend to be overlooked, which puts a damper on Bandana Dee's support base
  4. Klonoa... Um...
Yeah, I'd say this situation suits me

SKX31

Smash Master
Who's ready for some left-field smash e3 reveals!?!?!?!?

nervous laughter
Considering that my MW is left-field incarnate and I'm coming into E3 with the expectation that "something incredibly obvious with the allmighty powers of hindsight, but not really clear now" will probably be CP10 (whether Nintendo-owned or third party)...

Count me in.

Also, in "Not really related to Smash (unless something truly left field happens), but still interesting from a general video game industry standpoint":

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom