• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
"Steel Diver" released today in 2011 !! It is a game that you can enjoy the operation by moving the control panel on the screen below 3DS with the touch pen. In Smash Bros., a projectile that shoots torpedoes that are difficult to see. I wonder if it seems to be "hidden". #Smash Bros SP
I bought Steel Diver at a Con in 2015 for 10 bucks... and I've never opened it. Every year I see something that reminds me it exists, and every year I go "eh".

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I bought Steel Diver at a Con in 2015 for 10 bucks... and I've never opened it. Every year I see something that reminds me it exists, and every year I go "eh".
I have a few games like that myself. Two that come to mind I bought but never opened are White Knight Chronicles and Tokyo Mirage Sessions but there are several others. I intended to play them but just never got around to it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Is it safe to say we're at the "safe picks" phase of leak season?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

BIG doubt. Didn’t he get banned on Era once?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is Zippo even verified by an Era mod?

I know ****ing Thugstas wasn’t. Mf played with my heart by saying a Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition was planned, and an NSO update would happen soon.

... then, after doubling down on his claims as his last post he got banned

I have trust issues man I just wish any of Zhuge, Imran, Brushie or Vergeben would say something

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Is Zippo even verified by an Era mod?

I know ****ing Thugstas wasn’t. Mf played with my heart by saying a Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition was planned, and an NSO update would happen soon.

... then, after doubling down on his claims as his last post he got banned

I have trust issues man I just wish any of Zhuge, Imran, Brushie or Vergeben would say something
I think Imran will probably drop a cryptic hint within like 3 days of E3. He has before, at least in relation to Smash stuff.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
So, Bandanna Waddle Dee from the Kirby Series. How likely is he in your opinions. I think he's definitely underrated, but I like a good discussion so let's discuss.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So, Bandanna Waddle Dee from the Kirby Series. How likely is he in your opinions. I think he's definitely underrated, but I like a good discussion so let's discuss.
I don’t think he’s happening, but people underestimate his Japanese popularity. Bandana Dee is probably the most popular first party pick left who isn’t named Waluigi, and his support has been fairly consistent for two games now. Kirby has’t received a whole lot of new content this game so it feels like the opportunity is there too.

But as arbitrary as it is, I just can’t see Dee being a DLC character. He has his fans no doubt, but there isn’t very much there to hype up a crowd who may not care about him otherwise, nor is there anything pressing that Bandana Dee has been a part of on Switch that demands representation (like, maybe Star Allies but eh). At least with someone like Plant you have some shock factor, and they were a bonus character too. That’s the main way I see Dee getting in, if that bonus character thing pans out.

He remains a pretty safe candidate for the future though. I just can’t see them dropping him as a full fledged DeeLC character right now. Although that doesn’t speak toward my own feelings about the character, because I’d gladly welcome any new Kirby content.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

CAA58819-537B-42F0-A488-30743660C300.jpeg

I just want the game already!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I think Imran will probably drop a cryptic hint within like 3 days of E3. He has before, at least in relation to Smash stuff.
Either him or ZhugeEX.

In fact, a week ago, I think? Imran said on Twitter he expects Square Enix to have a really good E3 this year. I don't know if said expectations are just based on his hopes, or some actual things he heard, but I could believe that, since Square has a good amount of cool material to potentially show at E3.

View attachment 314867
I just want the game already!
Dude, I feel you. It has been like 2 years or so since the 2D Metroid rumours started. I just hope it's true, and if it's releasing this year, which I think it's possible, it would be great.

I don't even ask for the game to be as good as Super Metroid, Fusion or Zero Mission. I just want a good, fun 2D Metroid sequel to Fusion, to finally continue the mainline story.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Tournament featuring items that physically strike you.
1620834773464.png

Probably the most interesting poster for an event to date.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I just wonder how the team is going to replicate this scene from metroid fusion?
View attachment 314871
They don't have to, if the supposed 2D Metroid game isn't another remake, which I truly hope.

And I'm pretty sure it's going to be a completely new game. Not just a hunch or because of rumours, but because of what you unlocked by 100% Metroid: Samus Returns, which TL:DR it basically seemed to hint towards the existence of a new game in the future.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Have any of you ever kept a game sealed intentionally? I have once.
I received a sealed copy of Donkey Kong Country for SNES as a gift back in the mid 00's. It's in such perfect condition, I couldn't bring myself to open it.
I felt conflicted about it at the time, because I really wanted to play it, and I figured that my mom had bought it thinking that I would play it, but not long after, I got it on Wii Virtual Console as soon as that became an option, and a loose cart some years after that, so now I own several different versions of it and have played the game many times, and I'd rather keep it as a collector's item. It is my only new and sealed SNES game and one of my most treasured items.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Oh boy new meme material!
[snip]
Thanks for the new reaction image.

They don't have to, if the supposed 2D Metroid game isn't another remake, which I truly hope.

And I'm pretty sure it's going to be a completely new game. Not just a hunch or because of rumours, but because of what you unlocked by 100% Metroid: Samus Returns, which TL:DR it basically seemed to hint towards the existence of a new game in the future.
That, and because we already know there's no plans for another remake right now.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
After giving the current roster another look, I noticed that there are no elderly characters in it. That leads me to a new question for everyone: What elderly characters would make great additions? My picks:

Cranky Kong
King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule
Peppy Hare ( I don't know if he's old enough to be a senior citizen in Star Fox 64 and Adventures, but I do know he is in Assault and Command)
Drampa (though since it's a species of Pokemon, I'm not sure if it qualifies; after all, there do exist young Drampas in the Pokeverse)
Porky Minch
Dyntos
Arlon
Tortimer
Old Snake (as an alternate costume of Solid Snake)
Dr. Eggman (if you ttake into account the lore of Space Colony ARK as well as Gerald Robotnik, then he's pretty likely to be an elder)
Dr. Wily
Gen
Gouken
Father Balder
Gruntilda Winkybunion
Heihachi Mishima

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Have any of you ever kept a game sealed intentionally? I have once.
Not a game but I have a really valuable Vinyl Record that is sealed and framed

It's probably fake, we can move along

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Most of those aren’t even Zippo. The Donkey Kong game and MercurySteam Metroid came from other sources and have been around for YEARS now.

Edit: The MercurySteam Metroid in particular is almost a given. It’s been confirmed by person after person and it’s easier to get info from a Licensee like MercurySteam in charge of a Nintendo project than it is to get info straight from a Nintendo branch.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ooh what is it? I have a couple like that, too. Not super valuable, but not worthless.
Hawaii Pt. II by Miracle Musical I got one from the first print and it's still sealed, the cheapest one I've seen went for like 300 Bucks.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So Zippo’s just a piggybacker, nothing to see here
Notably Stealth says here that Zippo was the first to leak the new Fire Emblem when it originally came from a post on Serenes Forest I believe. That alongside the Tellius Remakes have been everywhere.

Correction: A New Fire Emblem is just common knowledge at this point. The Tellius Remakes apparently originated on Serenes.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Most of those aren’t even Zippo. The Donkey Kong game and MercurySteam Metroid came from other sources and have been around for YEARS now.

Edit: The MercurySteam Metroid in particular is almost a given. It’s been confirmed by person after person and it’s easier to get info from a Licensee like MercurySteam in charge of a Nintendo project than it is to get info straight from a Nintendo branch.
So basically, Nintendo needs to buy MercurySteam next to stop this from happening again?

Wait, why does my mind always default to "Nintendo buys another company", when that's not even how they operate?

Stratos

Smash Ace
Characters that do not come from video games but related to Nintendo:

Daitoryo (Nintendo Hanafuda cards)
Tengu (Nintendo Hanafuda cards)
Nester (Nintendo Power)
Mini Kangaroo (Mini Game Series)
Kevin "Captain N" Keene (Captain N: The Game Master)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The last 2 E3s has both had newcomer reveal that got in due to fan demand, Ridley specifically being cited from the ballot. If Banjo & Kazooie also were from the ballot, it would make sense that another character popularly requested during the 2015 ballot period could be chosen to be revealed there.

Or we could just get Duke Nukem at E3.:4pacman:

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
After giving the current roster another look, I noticed that there are no elderly characters in it. That leads me to a new question for everyone: What elderly characters would make great additions? My picks:

Cranky Kong
King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule
Peppy Hare ( I don't know if he's old enough to be a senior citizen in Star Fox 64 and Adventures, but I do know he is in Assault and Command)
Drampa (though since it's a species of Pokemon, I'm not sure if it qualifies; after all, there do exist young Drampas in the Pokeverse)
Porky Minch
Dyntos
Arlon
Tortimer
Old Snake (as an alternate costume of Solid Snake)
Dr. Eggman (if you ttake into account the lore of Space Colony ARK as well as Gerald Robotnik, then he's pretty likely to be an elder)
Dr. Wily
Gen
Gouken
Father Balder
Gruntilda Winkybunion
Heihachi Mishima
ALBW Impa, easy.
1620842654762.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom