• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah..but I don't want them too..

Female Corrin is still shorter than male Corrin, if only by a little bit, and yes, the size difference is a bit more between Artoria and Arthur, being 5'0" and 5'9" respectively, while Byleth's size differences are 5'3" and 5'7", but I don't really think anyone would be up in arms if they were tweaked a little bit..a potential middle ground being making Artoria slightly taller while making Arthur slightly shorter, the difference would hardly be noticeable that way, considering the fandom already sees her sizes tweaked a bit between appearances anyway depending on the artist.
View attachment 312584
Female Corrin and Byleth look around 5'5 to Male Corrin and Byleth's 5'7. That's hardly noticeable. With Artoria and Arthur, Artoria is just reaching 5'1 while Arthur is in the middle ground of 5'11 and 6'0. Assuming Mario is actually around 5'1, Saber would be around Mario's height. Who is around Arthur's size? Assuming Ike's height is correct at 180cm, Arthur would be slightly taller than Ike. And Mario can barely reach Ike's shoulders in Smash.
I know sizes aren't supposed to be entirely serious when Olimar is originally smaller than pop cans, bottles and etc and Ridley was originally frickin' big, but those ones had to take creative liberties to work while Saber and Arthur are within normal height range. It's easy to do the Male Avatars and Female Avatars because the Male Avatars aren't that big to the Females. Their eyes are almost even with each others.
Saber's eyes are looking at Arthur's chest and shoulders. It won't be easy to find a middle ground when Arthur towers over many characters like Ike, Marth, Ken, Falcon, Snake, etc while Saber is smaller than those characters as well as Daisy, ROB, Yoshi, Pit, etc.

All this aside, it's be entirely up to the developers and the creators of Saber. If they are fine with shrinking Arthur down and raising up Saber, that's fine and dandy. If they want to keep Saber the small girl and Arthur the big man, that's their decision. Considering how finicky they can be with Saber, I'm just expecting the latter.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Punch-Out!! is a weird one. It's based upon what is actually labeled a Fighting Sport. It's not a Puzzle or a Fighting Game while having elements of both. It's an Arcade Sports game overall. Do note that some early Fighting games did not have multiplayer, so you don't need to have that to actually be in that genre. That's an incorrect requirement, and just a common thing for a long time now.

ARMS however is an actual Fighting game. It's a Fighting game based around Boxing done in a fun and unique way. But it and Punch-Out!! are as different as night and day.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah, Punch Out's not a fighter, it's a single player game based on pattern recognition in which you follow the script of the fights, there's a reason Punch Out never had a competitive scene, even with multiplayer in the Wii game. Arms is also a tech demo first and foremost like Star Fox and F Zero, once Nintendo abandons joycons and motion controls, Arms will be abandoned too
“Tech demo” is not a genre designation and is an argument that has nothing to do with whether or not ARMS is a fighting game which it is. This is just arbitrary gatekeeping.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
which character in smash do you feel it deserve to be reworked or upgraded?
i would say :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsonic::ultdaisy:
Old post, but I have a few who could use some reworking.

Mewtwo, Kirby, DK, Samus, the last one is a bit of a doubt because as of her latest game her moveset is quite accurate, and actually effective for the first time since Melee... So yeah. A small change I'd work with is how easily she can shoot her missiles, and cancel more stuff into her Charge Shot.

Mewtwo, DK and Kirby tho, really pare in comparison to a lot of the cast. And their actual canon abilities.

Mewtwo uses way too many tail based attacks, so the tail is a very important part of his overall build. And that makes the tail get in his way, really. If we get rid of most tail based attacks, and give him actual attacks from the Pokemon games, I feel he'd be more effective overall. Keep the psuedo sword archetype however, and replace most of the tail attacks with "psychic blades" and other elemental blasts. Also, replace Disable at least, and make Confusion a better move, an actual command grab, and just call it Psychic. While keeping the reflective properties of the move.

As for the psychic blades, I think his Pokken moveset does a real good job showcasing what he should be able to do in Smash;

Watch around 00:40

DK doesn't need such a big body either, and Spinning Kong and Headbut are really silly moves honestly. Make his overall body and head smaller, but keep his limbs as big as they are. Up B could be something like a Barrel Blasting move, and when on the stage, it could be an actual barrel throw attack. As for Side B, I'd figure a barrage of punches would fit, kind of how DK and other Kongs finish off the boss enemies in DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze.

Watch around 3:15.

As for Kirby, I don't have much. I played a few Kirby games, sure. So maybe actually incorperate some moves from his fighter abilities? He desperately needs more range, power, and speed. I'd suggest making Inhale somewhat more like Wario's Bite and King Dedede's Neutral B, and make him heal more % with it. Up B is kind of... underwhelming. Why not give him an actual Warp Star to recover with? Kirby definitely could use a gimmick or so. And I struggle to think of what. I don't even think Kirby would be OP if he'd randomly spawn a Star Rod for example. Not that I'd suggest that. But still...

Technomage

Smash Champion
Believe me. If we get a Fate character, there is absolutely no doubt it will Saber or Artoria/King Arthur. Besides being super popular in Japan, she gets so much attention from her creators. There is a reason why she has a version of her in almost all classes, why Grand Order's main stories each have a Chapter that focuses on Camelot/Britain and why there are a lot of other characters who have no relation to her, yet look alot like her to the point there is the term "Saberface or Artoria-face". It's pretty much a 99.999999999999% chance of our Fate character being Saber and a 00.000000000001 chance of it being another character, likely being Archer, Shirou or Mash.

The good news is that there isn't a lot needed for education on with Saber Artoria, aside from a couple of her Noble Phantasms or abilities, like Invisible Air.

Edit: The actual sad thing is that I'd love for Arc System Works to do a Fate fighting game, since Fate has a lot of cool characters they can use, but I don't know if that'll be a possibility when they have the Grand Order Arcade Gacha game that is a 3v3 fighter similarly to Dissidia NT. The Count of Monte Cristo would be awesome.
If we do get a character from Fate, then I'd like to see Astolfo as at least a spirit. <3

which character in smash do you feel it deserve to be reworked or upgraded?
i would say :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsonic::ultdaisy:
I'd say Sonic (due to having too many Spin Dashes) and Little Mac (due to being the weakest fighter in Ultimate).

Edit: I'd also say Daisy, Richter, and Dark Samus (since I'd prefer that they at least have a different playstyle outline from their clone templates).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Considering the kind of sport you’re playing when you play Punch-Out, I consider it a fighting game.
It's a single player game that's a series of boss fights, with virtually none of the genre staples of a fighting game beyond having a timer (which makes total sense for a boxing game to have). No combos, only one playable character, no advancing or retreating movement (you literally stay in a single spot with the most movement being slightly ducking left or right).

You can choose to consider it a fighting game, but you'd be making the conscious decision to be wrong.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I’d like to see Dark Samus and Samus differentiated more by slightly buffing the running speed for the latter and air speed for the former as well as making Dark Samus’s Neutral B function somewhat similarly to Dense Charge Shot, one of Samus’s customisable Special Moves in Smash 4.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I’d like to see Dark Samus and Samus differentiated more by slightly buffing the running speed for the latter and air speed for the former as well as making Dark Samus’s Neutral B function somewhat similarly to Dense Charge Shot, one of Samus’s customisable Special Moves in Smash 4.
You should add Richter and Daisy there, too.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Punch Out overall is an interesting case because its a legacy series originating in an Arcade/8 bit era where its concept was entirely viable as a genre. As various other titles of its type have faded away, it ends up as one of the sole examples of its category and a bit tricky to compare against modern fighting games.

It would be a bit like if there was still a major FMV series running today and trying to classify it in a modern game landscape where similar releases like it are few and far between.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
People debating who is and isn't an E3 calibur reveal or what characters could only be in E3 if they are announced first or last should remember that during smash 4, E3 opened with Miis and closed with Palutena, only for freaking Pac-Man to be revealed behind closed doors to a handful of reporters the next day. Any character could be an "E3 calibur" reveal. Nintendo proved they have no standards.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I honestly don't think Daisy deserves anything more than being an Echo. She literally has 0 to work with.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People debating who is and isn't an E3 calibur reveal or what characters could only be in E3 if they are announced first or last should remember that during smash 4, E3 opened with Miis and closed with Palutena, only for freaking Pac-Man to be revealed behind closed doors to a handful of reporters the next day. Any character could be an "E3 calibur" reveal. Nintendo proved they have no standards.
To be fair, you can make a case of Ultimate being its own thing. There are no custom moves they need to show off and our E3 reveals so far have been pretty notable for one reason or other.

I agree that "E3 worthy" is too subjective for healthy discussions but I don't think bringing up the same direct over and over means much for this DLC cycle.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You should add Richter and Daisy there, too.
Replace Daisy’s Float ability with a third jump and modify her attack animations so they are less daintier. Also, you could slightly buff her run speed like with Ken vs Ryu

As for Richter vs Simon, buffing Simon’s Holy Water slightly in terms of damage and giving Richter a less stationary version that travels for a bit also works. MockRock’s ideas also works.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I honestly don't think Daisy deserves anything more than being an Echo. She literally has 0 to work with.
I disagree, since she could have been given some more moves that represent the Mario spin-off games (such as the sports, party, and kart games); fopr example, I came up with an idea where Daisy could have a Bumper Ball as one of her special moves.

Replace Daisy’s Float ability with a third jump and modify her attack animations so they are less daintier. Also, you could slightly buff her run speed like with Ken vs Ryu

As for Richter vs Simon, buffing Simon’s Holy Water slightly in terms of damage and giving Richter a less stationary version that travels for a bit also works. MockRock’s ideas also works.
Yeah, MockRock's video has what led to my current opinion on clones. :D

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also, you could make Daisy’s turnips work like Isabelle’s turnip-based down aerial and up aerial compared to Villager’s, not being random and having a more balanced damage.

SKX31

Smash Master
One of the things I'll take away from my time here on Smashboards is that everything is a weird one.
There's ample proof of that. Everyone and everything's weird yes:

smash is such a beautiful game

Old post, but I have a few who could use some reworking.

Mewtwo, Kirby, DK, Samus, the last one is a bit of a doubt because as of her latest game her moveset is quite accurate, and actually effective for the first time since Melee... So yeah. A small change I'd work with is how easily she can shoot her missiles, and cancel more stuff into her Charge Shot.

Mewtwo, DK and Kirby tho, really pare in comparison to a lot of the cast. And their actual canon abilities.

Mewtwo uses way too many tail based attacks, so the tail is a very important part of his overall build. And that makes the tail get in his way, really. If we get rid of most tail based attacks, and give him actual attacks from the Pokemon games, I feel he'd be more effective overall. Keep the psuedo sword archetype however, and replace most of the tail attacks with "psychic blades" and other elemental blasts. Also, replace Disable at least, and make Confusion a better move, an actual command grab, and just call it Psychic. While keeping the reflective properties of the move.

As for the psychic blades, I think his Pokken moveset does a real good job showcasing what he should be able to do in Smash;

DK doesn't need such a big body either, and Spinning Kong and Headbut are really silly moves honestly. Make his overall body and head smaller, but keep his limbs as big as they are. Up B could be something like a Barrel Blasting move, and when on the stage, it could be an actual barrel throw attack. As for Side B, I'd figure a barrage of punches would fit, kind of how DK and other Kongs finish off the boss enemies in DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze.

As for Kirby, I don't have much. I played a few Kirby games, sure. So maybe actually incorperate some moves from his fighter abilities? He desperately needs more range, power, and speed. I'd suggest making Inhale somewhat more like Wario's Bite and King Dedede's Neutral B, and make him heal more % with it. Up B is kind of... underwhelming. Why not give him an actual Warp Star to recover with? Kirby definitely could use a gimmick or so. And I struggle to think of what. I don't even think Kirby would be OP if he'd randomly spawn a Star Rod for example. Not that I'd suggest that. But still...
TBF Kirby was one of Smash 64's deadliest characters - thanks to some absurd disjoints and potent offense overall; and Mewtwo had some very strong showings in Smash 4's later life (it's not just the tail that bothers Mewtwo a lot more, he's got more endlag on several moves and Ultimate's air dodging being limited to once means he can't spam airdodge to play mindgames).

Kirby IMHO is in a wonky position where he kinda needs to be a simple-to-play character: not just due to him being one of Sakurai's "children", but also due to his status as a starter character in both SSE and WoL as well as his multi-jumps. I agree that Final Cutter's been consistently underwhelming, but it's a somewhat decent trade off for his multi-jump (although that makes Kirby's and Dedede's recoveries pretty damn predictable. :ultmetaknight: is the exception since he has several ways to mix up his recovery.).

IMHO, I don't think Final Cutter would be the primary target for a change / rework, I'd focus more on the Hammer. I get Sakurai's intent with the move, but it's only been a bit too binary for my liking as a BIG move. If we're keeping it, then giving it some more utility like Hammer has in the Kirby games could give people more of a reason to actually use the thing (like having the uncharged Hammer swing be quicker but less base knockback as trade off). Or one could replace Hammer with something else such as Ninja or even Suplex.

As for DK... I can see where you're going with at least a size decrease (see above GIF) although he's another very-difficult-to-adjust character. Particularily since the size decrease might hurt his range anyhow - which is something Sakurai presumably wanted to emphasize with his moveset. I'm not entirely sure what to do with him really, although the barrels could be a step in the right direction.

I'd say Sonic (due to having too many Spin Dashes) and Little Mac (due to being the weakest fighter in Ultimate).

Edit: I'd also say Daisy, Richter, and Dark Samus (since I'd prefer that they at least have a different playstyle outline from their clone templates).
While we're on Little Mac: I'll repeat that I don't mind the idea behind him - that's a noble experiment (seeing how well a grounded fighter works in an atypical fighter such as Smash). But he was severely undermined by Ultimate's increased focus on the airspace and IMHO he was not finetnued enough yo compensate. That and I really dislike Sakurai and co.'s decisions to remove some of the confirms he had in 4 and railroad him further into his Smash attacks.

Again, this is my personal and inherently subjective opinion (also based on Mac main Rekzius' long vid). Honestly, when it comes to reworking him, I'd like to see him taken more into his NES / Wii Punch Out direction. Lessen his sheer power a bit / some across the board, possibly remove the armor and give him Star Punch (possibly as a method to build up KO punch instead of the current method) while also giving Mac a bit more aerial utility. Also give back his old Smash 4 confirms. I do believe he could retain a ground-centric moveset to some degree - Smash 4 hinted at that - but I dislike that it's taken to such extremes.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
While we're on Little Mac: I'll repeat that I don't mind the idea behind him - that's a noble experiment (seeing how well a grounded fighter works in an atypical fighter such as Smash). But he was severely undermined by Ultimate's increased focus on the airspace and IMHO he was not finetnued enough yo compensate. That and I really dislike Sakurai and co.'s decisions to remove some of the confirms he had in 4 and railroad him further into his Smash attacks.

Again, this is my personal and inherently subjective opinion (also based on Mac main Rekzius' long vid). Honestly, when it comes to reworking him, I'd like to see him taken more into his NES / Wii Punch Out direction. Lessen his sheer power a bit / some across the board, possibly remove the armor and give him Star Punch (possibly as a method to build up KO punch instead of the current method) while also giving Mac a bit more aerial utility. Also give back his old Smash 4 confirms. I do believe he could retain a ground-centric moveset to some degree - Smash 4 hinted at that - but I dislike that it's taken to such extremes.
Yeah, my opinion on Mac was also influenced by that video.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
OK so uh

Let's say, hypothetically, that I was working on an SNK-style "general SEGA" tracklist for a certain SEGA character. Let's then imagine that I decided to include some music from Puyo Puyo, as it fit what I was looking for with the track selection. Let's then hypothesize that I chose to add 2 tracks - but then realized I didn't have enough Puyo knowledge to be able to decide which ones, and thus decided to go on Smashboards dot com for help.

In this hypothetical scenario, which 2 Puyo Puyo tracks would be the best ones to add?

Hypothetically.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On the topic of Echo Fighters, Dark Pit and Lucina should have their own idle stance and idle animations.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I just find this argument kinda annoying because that was literally one (one) instance from nearly seven years ago, back when Nintendo's marketing was notoriously awful and backwards during the Wii U era, and by all means that E3 still had a big third party reveal in the form of Pac-Man anyways, even if he wasn't in the Direct proper.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The thing is, every other E3 reveal since the start of Smash 4 have followed the "Big E3 reveal" formula. 2013 had Mega Man (And maybe Villager? Animal Crossing was on the rise, but I dunno how big it was at that point), 2014 had the Miis, 2015 had Ryu, 2018 had Ridley (Plus literally everyone who had came before), and 2019 had Banjo and arguably Hero. Based on the timing, 2020 was probably meant to have Steve.

That being said, like you mentioned, there have been some smaller reveals too. Wii Fit Trainer was a "What the actual f-" character, Palutena wasn't that big overall, and while Hero comes from a Japanese juggernaut, DQ's quite niche in Japan.

Basically, it's not "Only the absolute biggest can be at E3!," it's "E3 will have a big reveal." Assuming we have a second reveal, maybe they'll be another megaton, maybe they'll be more low-key. It's just that E3 has always brought at least one big reveal to the table each year, and while it's had smaller reveals before, they're less common than the megatons and don't automatically invalidate that precedence.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If the Octolings were to be playable in a future game, I could see them being more of a semi-clone considering how huge Splatoon is over in Japan.

I just find this argument kinda annoying because that was literally one (one) instance from nearly seven years ago, back when Nintendo's marketing was notoriously awful and backwards during the Wii U era, and by all means that E3 still had a big third party reveal in the form of Pac-Man anyways, even if he wasn't in the Direct proper.
There is also the fact that of the last two E3s that Smash was shown, out of the four new characters revealed there (:ultdaisy::ultridley::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:) only one of them was a big third-party icon. Daisy is a highly recognizable first-party character that was an Echo Fighter, and Ridley and BK, whilst huge fan requests, don’t fit the mould of being huge video game icons. In that regard, tons of characters can fit the part of being E3 characters.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
There is also the fact that of the last two E3s that Smash was shown, out of the four new characters revealed there (:ultdaisy::ultridley::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:) only one of them was a big third-party icon. Daisy is a highly recognizable first-party character that was an Echo Fighter, and Ridley and BK, whilst huge fan requests, don’t fit the mould of being huge video game icons. In that regard, tons of characters can fit the part of being E3 characters.
Okay but Ridley and Banjo still fit well enough as crowd pleasers.

I don't think it's controversial to say that Ridley and Banjo, while not being huge icons, have a more bombastic feeling to their announcements than someone like, Ayumi or Reimu, especially to western audiences that are the primary audience for E3.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Okay but Ridley and Banjo still fit well enough as crowd pleasers.

I don't think it's controversial to say that Ridley and Banjo, while not being huge icons, have a more bombastic feeling to their inclusions than someone like, Ayumi or Reimu, especially to western audiences.
You haven't been on the boards long enough. Anything regarding Reimu and Smash is controversial . Eheheheh...

Jokes aside, Ridley and Banjo were indeed meant to be big, just for the hardcore fanbase. Hero, while arguably bigger, comes from a franchise with lopsided popularity between regions, giving room to debate how big a reveal they truly were. For Ayumi and Reimu like you mentioned, they'd probably match up with Hero's "Kinda-sorta dunno if they 100% fit" situation at best.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
On the topic of Echo Fighters, Dark Pit and Lucina should have their own idle stance and idle animations.
Not only that, but Lucina (and Chrom) should incorporate lance attacks (such as throwing a Short Spear) in at least one of their moves, since the Lord class, the class that Marth's descendants both start in, can easily end up promoting to the Great Lord class (which can use lances). Hell, maybe we could have even given Chrom a shield-based attack or two, since that Fire Emblem he holds looks like a shield.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think a more "low key" (for lack of a better descriptor) Smash reveal is entirely possible if its paired with another major crowd pleaser, or if Nintendo has enough major reveals in the Direct overall to lessen any possible disappointment. You get some major gameplay footage of BOTW2, a new DKC title, and a new Mario Kart, and a meh reaction to someone like a Lloyd gets drowned out pretty quick.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I feel like trying to pin certain characters as "E3 Worthy" at some point has stopped being speculation and has just become Gatekeeping.
Yeah, that's the other thing. E3 clearly shows a preference for having a big character, but we're really strict on how big they have to be. There's also the fact that we only ever seem to discuss Crash, Master Chief, and whether or not E3 really needs big characters, so we just kinda stagnate.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's the other thing. E3 clearly shows a preference for having a big character, but we're really strict on how big they have to be. There's also the fact that we only ever seem to discuss Crash, Master Chief, and whether or not E3 really needs big characters, so we just kinda stagnate.
Maybe we could have two reveals of "mid-tier" characters, to roughly equal the hype of one big reveal?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, and we have a total of two E3s to compare it to since. Not to mention the E3 where ultimate was revealed didn't have any third parties and the only newcomer it announced was an almost entirely western appeal character. My main point is that we don't have enough to look at to say "this is what Nintendo does for smash at E3". We have some with big reveals but not all of them. I would also bring up Smash 4 dlc when they skipped E3 for smash and revealed Roy and Ryu in a sperate presentation before hand, then announced Cloud, arguably the most internet breaking smash reveal, in a random direct. I just think people are putting too much stock in broken patterns.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel like trying to pin certain characters as "E3 Worthy" at some point has stopped being speculation and has just become Gatekeeping.
I think people should keep in mind that Banjo and Kazooie are supposedly an example of why a character has to be "worthy" of E3 to be shown there. AKA, "they'll never add them when MS owns Minecraft which is way more successful and active".

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Maybe we could have two reveals of "mid-tier" characters, to roughly equal the hype of one big reveal?
Not sure that would really add up. The pattern is to concentrate the bulk of the hype in one big reveal, to make the most out of E3's publicity. Just doing some mid-tier reveals wouldn't quite add up, I think.
If there's a second reveal, it's usually a more low-key reveal, so a mid-tier could work in that scenario. Though, exactly how low varies; The highest one in that scenario is Hero, who's big in Japan and niche elsewhere, so they're in a weird in-between for a megaton and a low-key side dish.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Not sure that would really add up. The pattern is to concentrate the bulk of the hype in one big reveal, to make the most out of E3's publicity. Just doing some mid-tier reveals wouldn't quite add up, I think.
If there's a second reveal, it's usually a more low-key reveal, so a mid-tier could work in that scenario. Though, exactly how low varies; The highest one in that scenario is Hero, who's big in Japan and niche elsewhere, so they're in a weird in-between for a megaton and a low-key side dish.
Interesting. If we were to get that scenario of "one big reveal and one small/medium reveal", then what characters would fit the bill of "big character," and what characters would fit the bill of "small/medium character?"

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Interesting. If we were to get that scenario of "one big reveal and one small/medium reveal", then what characters would fit the bill of "big character," and what characters would fit the bill of "small/medium character?"
Given how big Smash's reach has gotten? Probably too many to list off the top of my head. Though, I've been leaning towards LoL for a bigger reveal lately (Maybe the Wild Rift ads I keep getting have something to do with it), and my two most-wanteds I've made clear by now (Reimu and Adol) definitely fit in the small/mid-tier category.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think a lot of the stock major third parties would fit the former (Master Chief, Sora, Crash, Doom Slayer, Dante, Chun Li, Chosen Undead) though with some its likely the small/medium fighter would then be a bit more Japanese oriented given that some of those are so Western focused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom