• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just because a game has a spirit event doesn't mean the fighter is confirmed just yet. We won't know who it is until the announcement drops.
Uhhh.. I think you meant “just because a game doesn’t have a spirit event doesn’t mean the fighter is confirmed just yet”

cause we’ve been of the mind that a spirit event deconfirms a fighter from the game in question like with Resident Evil
I'm not sure if we're going to get 2 Square Enix characters in one pass, especially considering that Neku would be the fourth total. I could be wrong though.
I mean it would be an easy double dip

like once negotiations for Sephiroth finished Sakurai coulda been like hey how about this Neku dude I think he’s neat can I take him

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Which game is that last one from, and can you recruit it?
That would be Demonee-ho, a Jack Frost from Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey parodying the space suits the protagonist wears, making a cameo appearance as a bonus challenge quest in Shin Megami Tensei IV. In that game, and its sequel Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, he is not recruitable, you must create him via special fusion.

His other appearance in the series is in Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 as a premium gacha-only demon and Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue as a late game upgrade for Jack Frost:

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
While I loved TWEWY and would be happy to see Neku, I still don't really see why people consider him the frontrunner for a potential 2nd SE rep in this pass. I know the series has been pushed, but that has only been a very recent thing. Automata was hugely popular around the time FP was being decided, and a new Nier game is coming out soon,; and Lara Croft still remains an industry titan she's always been. I have a hard time imagining the next character, if there is one, wouldn't be one either 2B or Lara.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
At the very least we can be confident Neku will show up in some capacity. Or at least I can. I'd really put money down on TWEWY getting a Spirit Board event once the new game comes out because Square Enix already has a long history of promoting stuff through Spirits in Smash. Mana, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default... SE is just really into Spirit for some reason.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Do we think SMT will get a spirit event when Nocturne comes out? I think it might. SMT is big enough to qualify for more, but I'm not sure

Ivander

Smash Legend
Thinking about it and looking at it now....🤔

Do you guys think that a Big Daddy from Bioshock could work as a Mii Swordfighter costume with the drill as the sword? This just came to mind for some reason when I remembered that Mii Swordfighter uses quite a bunch of poking/thrusting attacks, like Forward-Air.

Paraster

Smash Lord

Do you guys think that a Big Daddy from Bioshock could work as a Mii Swordfighter costume with the drill as the sword? This just came to mind for some reason when I remembered that Mii Swordfighter uses quite a bunch of poking/thrusting attacks, like Forward-Air.
Mii Swordfighters always hold their weapons so the blade points up from their hand rather than forward like in that image. Is it possible to alter Big Daddy for him to hold his drill like that without it looking weird?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is looking weird an argument against Mii costumes now? Cause honestly, all of them look weird 😂 Even the ones I like-, better yet- especially the ones I like as Isaac and Black Knight. What are you doing loops for? Why is your head that big?

Technomage

Smash Champion

After doing some research on the Big Daddies, I gotta ask: What do they mean by "grafting their skin and organs into diving suits?"

Ivander

Smash Legend
Mii Swordfighters always hold their weapons so the blade points up from their hand rather than forward like in that image. Is it possible to alter Big Daddy for him to hold his drill like that without it looking weird?
Probably not. The drill is attached to around the hand/elbow and can bend around and stuff, but the arm model would probably need to be adjusted to look less awkward.

Mii Gunner's posture and arm would work with it un-awkwardly and Mii Gunner's Dash attack does more resemble an attack that the Big Daddy does use. But obviously, the issue with Mii Gunner would be the explosions and projectiles with the gun-arm it uses whereas Big Daddy primarily uses melee attacks and the drill.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Yeah, maybe a second Zelda might be a bit confusing. Still, I do think we can get a more low-key reveal alongside a heavy-hitter. Hero wasn't as big in the West, Palutena is by far the smallest of the E3 reveals, Wii Fit was mainly notable for the sheer surprise of it all, etc. When coupled with the "less hype" final reveals Smash tends to do, I think that while we're probably gonna get a big reveal at E3, there's also precedent for a smaller character alongside them.
I could also see a case where they might do something close to what FighterZ did with UI Goku

FighterZ revealed UI Goku first despite Kefla actually being the first character and UI Goku not being released for awhile. This was because UI was the most exciting character addition

Depending on how the reveals go, I could see a case where CP11 actually gets revealed first, before CP10 does. Perhaps if they Prioritized CP10 being done in time for E3, but they were able to have good progress done on CP11 as well, they just reveal CP11 first or something

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
After doing some research on the Big Daddies, I gotta ask: What do they mean by "grafting their skin and organs into diving suits?"
Are you asking if that’s actually what they are? Humans that were grafted into diving suits and biologically manipulated so that their only goal is to protect Little Sisters? Because yes that’s what they are. They’re monsters. Very caring monsters in some cases but monsters nonetheless.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Are you asking if that’s actually what they are? Humans that were grafted into diving suits and biologically manipulated so that their only goal is to protect Little Sisters? Because yes that’s what they are. They’re monsters. Very caring monsters in some cases but monsters nonetheless.
Interesting, but I was asking how the grafting process works. Is it like replacing their skin and organs with that diving suit? And what about their skeletons and muscle fibers?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Interesting, but I was asking how the grafting process works. Is it like replacing their skin and organs with that diving suit? And what about their skeletons and muscle fibers?
Without the context of the actual games you likely won’t understand any of this but:
From the time of its founding, maintenance of Rapture required trained divers in reinforced suits to walk outside along the seafloor to repair leaks and reinforce the city's structure. By the time of the Protector Program's tests, certain former citizens of Rapture had been genetically altered with ADAM and permanently sealed inside the special diving suits to become what were eventually called Big Daddies. They were genetically modified and conditioned in the research labs and facilities of Point Prometheus. Protector training was eventually done in the Proving Grounds.

The candidates for induction into the Protector Program went through voice box modification and pheromone application, which attracted the Little Sisters to the Big Daddies. After those, the candidates' skin and organs were grafted and integrated into their suit, to become one functional unit.[16] The subjects were then placed in large vats of an unknown yellow substance, and eventually reduced to mindless servitors.

Through genetic splicing, the humans inside the heavy suits were given enhanced strength and durability. Their suit exoskeletons contained the life support machinery needed to keep them alive during their duties, allowing a Big Daddy to lift heavy loads and do other strenuous tasks, as well as resist the cold and pressure of the deep ocean. In BioShock, BioShock 2, and Burial at Sea, Big Daddies can be seen performing both internal and external maintenance repairs. Big Daddies were also ordered to periodically return to facilities like Hephaestus for routine maintenance check-ups.
If you’re interested though I would highly HIGHLY recommend them. They’re often on sale on the eShop, right now even I think, and they’re easily some of the masterpieces of the 7th Generation

Technomage

Smash Champion
Without the context of the actual games you likely won’t understand any of this but:

If you’re interested though I would highly HIGHLY recommend them. They’re often on sale on the eShop, right now even I think, and they’re easily some of the masterpieces of the 7th Generation
Oh, so they're just placed inside the suit and had their whole bodies fused with it, akin to cybernetics? Got it, thanks.

That's all I have to ask you there.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y’all Samurai Warriors 5 art is making me want Nobunaga Oda in Smash Bros. Send help.
Always been more of a Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi fan over Dynasty Warriors and I know it’s not happening but I’m realizing how much is love him in as our first representative as a pseudo-villain for a 3rd Party Franchises debut. But anyways I’m super excited for SW5 and think y’all should check it out.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's generally best to just think of Miis as the Nendoroid version of a character instead of the real character...
Only the costumes that cover the Mii's faces like Sans, Bomberman and the like are Nendoroid.
Everything else is a Funko Pop. Might as well make a Funko Mii and go all out I guess... :drflip:

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Y’all Samurai Warriors 5 art is making me want Nobunaga Oda in Smash Bros. Send help.

Always been more of a Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi fan over Dynasty Warriors and I know it’s not happening but I’m realizing how much is love him in as our first representative as a pseudo-villain for a 3rd Party Franchises debut. But anyways I’m super excited for SW5 and think y’all should check it out.
Turns out we get this Oda Nobunaga instead :4pacman:

I do agree with you I've always found Samurai Warriors more fun then plain old Dynasty Warriors.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Exactly. A character like Sol Badguy, Axel Stone, Lloyd Irving or Adol Christin would not be bad additions, just merely ones that wouldn’t end the pass on a “big note”.
I'd say Lloyd would be a more popular pick for the hardcore fans, even if not by that much and even if considering some would complain because he's a sword user. But he's usually considered a fan request and, which is true, for a long time, so even if he would still get a lot of hate, I think he would get better reception than the others.

And I prefer Sol or Adol over Lloyd, for the record.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Had you not mentioned Samurai Warriors, I would've said, "Which Nobunaga Oda?"

Yukiden_-_Nobunaga.jpg

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do we think SMT will get a spirit event when Nocturne comes out? I think it might. SMT is big enough to qualify for more, but I'm not sure
Absolutely.

I think we'll get the Demi-fiend as a spirt seeing as we got Sophie with P5S's Western release.

When that time comes next month, I am going to be SUPER depressed.
At least moreso than I usually am.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Do I wanna know about Female Nobunaga?
It's the Fate series Nobunaga. First image is her Archer class, but that version was also mixed in with the Avenger class. She originates from a parody/Koma-like manga called GudaGuda where she was known as Demon Archer, which eventually became a bit more serious parody series called Fate/KoHa-Ace and eventually became a character in Grand Order and is a character in Fate/Redline which is a much serious version of the Koha-Ace chapters.
She herself is a very parodial character, as her character in Grand Order is chill, likes showing off and is very in-tune with tropes and whatnot. She does have more serious moments in some of the Grand Order GudaGuda events, but she's often a very non-serious character. But she will be very serious in the new Fate/Redline manga.

The other one is her true Avenger form that practically embodies the "Sixth Demon King of the Heavens" and is much more dangerous and serious compared to her Archer form as Avengers are an embodiment of hate and vengeance and the "legend/hero/etc" in the Avenger container itself can't really control it.
Her Avenger form in Grand Order is still somewhat parodial as her Avenger form is basically a bunch of alternate dimension "Nobunagas" in one Spirit Origin(or container) and she's mixed in with her Archer form as well as a Male version of her. But that version of her is basically what she would be if Nobunaga Oda was put into the Avenger class rather than the Archer class and wasn't mixed in with alternate dimension shenanigans.
Her Avenger class is about to come over to Fate/Grand Order to the West after the next event, so the West will be seeing her soon.

If you remember that the Fate series is the one who has turned King Arthur, Nero, and a bunch of other characters into females, female Nobunaga is nothing surprising.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's the Fate series Nobunaga. First image is her Archer class, but that version was also mixed in with the Avenger class. She originates from a parody/Koma-like manga called GudaGuda where she was known as Demon Archer, which eventually became a bit more serious parody series called Fate/KoHa-Ace and eventually became a character in Grand Order and is a character in Fate/Redline which is a much serious version of the Koha-Ace chapters.
She herself is a very parodial character, as her character in Grand Order is chill, likes showing off and is very in-tune with tropes and whatnot. She does have more serious moments in some of the Grand Order GudaGuda events, but she's often a very non-serious character.

The other one is her true Avenger form that practically embodies the "Sixth Demon King of the Heavens" and is much more dangerous and serious compared to her Archer form as Avengers are an embodiment of hate and vengeance and the "legend/hero/etc" in the Avenger container itself can't really control it.
Her Avenger form in Grand Order is still somewhat parodial as her Avenger form is basically a bunch of alternate dimension "Nobunagas" in one Spirit Origin(or container) and she's mixed in with her Archer form as well as a Male version of her. But that version of her is basically what she would be if Nobunaga Oda was put into the Avenger class rather than the Archer class and wasn't mixed in with alternate dimension shenanigans.

If you remember that the Fate series is the one who has turned King Arthur, Nero, and a bunch of other characters into females, female Nobunaga is nothing surprising.
Okay, off topic, but has the Fate series ever turned a female into a male? Or does it only turn males into females? Either way, I'm dangerously tempted to make another Bowsette joke.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
If that Dark Souls 2 port happens (which it might), I really hope we get Dark Souls spirits. The only problem is that DS2 has borderline zero memorable characters, and this is coming from a big DS2 fan. It would also be completely uncharacteristic of Nintendo to drop spirits for the first game alongside a port of the sequel. Kinda think the series missed it's chance for spirits

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
While we're on the topic of Spirit Board events, I'mma redo my predictions for future events that I did a few weeks ago. I got the Bowser's Fury event spot-on, in my last post, though that was a fairly easy guess.

• New Pokémon Snap - I think this is a high possibility because well it's Pokémon, but since they seem averse to putting in human Pokémon characters in as Spirits, it'd have to be just the NEO-ONE. Maybe they could do like they did with Warframe, where it was added just as part of a more general themed event. And like Lotus enhancing into Natah, they could have the ZERO-ONE enhancing into the NEO-ONE.
  • Neo: The World Ends with You - More confident on this one than ever, Nintendo is really promoting it a lot. Not to mention Rindo, Sho, Nagi, and Fret add up to a perfect four for a Spirit event, which seems to be the devs' preferred number for some reason.
  • The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - I don't necessarily think we'll be getting Ryunosuke Naruhodo and Co. as an event, but the release timing of this game makes me think it's a strong possibility we'll get Phoenix Wright and Co. around the same time to promote the series in general, kinda like what happened with Resident Evil. I'd imagine for this case it'd be Phoenix, Edgeworth, Maya, and Apollo. But maybe you can replace one with Ryunosuke if they really want that promotion.
  • Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection - Same vein as above really, just a time to promote a strong 3rd party if the negotiations for a fighter didn't line up. In this one it'd probably Ryu, Momiji, Irene, and MAYBE Kasumi and/or Ayane if they want to get that DoA crossover that the devs love so much. And sorry but I kinda doubt Rachel's chances with that outfit lol
  • I no longer think we'll be seeing any Skyward Sword HD Spirits (also everyone seems to have forgotten it's coming out anyways) because unlike the Link's Awakening remake, it's not in a different art style so it'd be pretty redundant with the SS content already in the game.
  • In a similar vein, the lack of a name for the protagonist and Ayumi Tachibana already being a Spirit makes me doubt any Famicom Detective Club event.
  • One last important thing to note is that of our two years with this game so far, it seems that Spirit Board events ramp up a bit before E3 and summer and then go into a drought for the fall. Of course we only have two years of example so it's not a hard rule but it's something to keep in mind.

What games do you guys feel are getting events in the coming months?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
While we're on the topic of Spirit Board events, I'mma redo my predictions for future events that I did a few weeks ago. I got the Bowser's Fury event spot-on, in my last post, though that was a fairly easy guess.

• New Pokémon Snap - I think this is a high possibility because well it's Pokémon, but since they seem averse to putting in human Pokémon characters in as Spirits, it'd have to be just the NEO-ONE. Maybe they could do like they did with Warframe, where it was added just as part of a more general themed event. And like Lotus enhancing into Natah, they could have the ZERO-ONE enhancing into the NEO-ONE.
  • Neo: The World Ends with You - More confident on this one than ever, Nintendo is really promoting it a lot. Not to mention Rindo, Sho, Nagi, and Fret add up to a perfect four for a Spirit event, which seems to be the devs' preferred number for some reason.
  • The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - I don't necessarily think we'll be getting Ryunosuke Naruhodo and Co. as an event, but the release timing of this game makes me think it's a strong possibility we'll get Phoenix Wright and Co. around the same time to promote the series in general, kinda like what happened with Resident Evil. I'd imagine for this case it'd be Phoenix, Edgeworth, Maya, and Apollo. But maybe you can replace one with Ryunosuke if they really want that promotion.
  • Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection - Same vein as above really, just a time to promote a strong 3rd party if the negotiations for a fighter didn't line up. In this one it'd probably Ryu, Momiji, Irene, and MAYBE Kasumi and/or Ayane if they want to get that DoA crossover that the devs love so much. And sorry but I kinda doubt Rachel's chances with that outfit lol
  • I no longer think we'll be seeing any Skyward Sword HD Spirits (also everyone seems to have forgotten it's coming out anyways) because unlike the Link's Awakening remake, it's not in a different art style so it'd be pretty redundant with the SS content already in the game.
  • In a similar vein, the lack of a name for the protagonist and Ayumi Tachibana already being a Spirit makes me doubt any Famicom Detective Club event.
  • One last important thing to note is that of our two years with this game so far, it seems that Spirit Board events ramp up a bit before E3 and summer and then go into a drought for the fall. Of course we only have two years of example so it's not a hard rule but it's something to keep in mind.

What games do you guys feel are getting events in the coming months?
I mean
1619227509500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom