• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The real final newcomer will be the memories we made during Smash speculation.

Off-topic, but how come Daruk and Revali are less popular than the other two Champions?
Urbosa is a muscular strong woman with nice physique who can canonically crush a watermelon between her thighs.
Mipha is a cute precious fish girl that wants Link's love.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'd imagine the last megaton reveal of the cycle would be CP10. CP11 would be comparatively low-key, maybe mid-tier at best. In this scenario, it would be best to reveal them together at E3, to help cushion some of the end-of-DLC spite that CP11 would be getting.

Actually, they should probably just do that regardless. CP11 is gonna get slaughtered regardless.
I don't expect that unless they're either releasing both of them in June or we are getting additional DLC beyond FP2.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In previous e3's, they had the setup to actually reveal more than one character. Timing worked fine. They weren't trying to split 6 characters in 2 years. That's a completely different situation. Our first DLC Pass had to be done within a year, so e3 is an easy time to reveal two.

That's not the case for Pass 2, having a lot more time to be spread out. There's no reason to reveal more than one when it's very clear no other DLC is planned. And him having to repeat it makes it even clearer it's not going to happen. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but we're talking about .0000001% chance in this context. And that's probably overexaggerating its chances right now.

Now ending on a "meh" character? That seems pretty possible. Byleth was mixed already, and our last planned character at first. Likewise, PP was our first DLC character as is, though still an ending(but Incineroar and Ken are also the true ending otherwise, if DLC never happened). Ken easily wasn't unpopular, but Incineroar was pretty damn mixed. You could even argue PP had better feedback for not feeling like an advertisement/shill pick(Incineroar really isn't the case anyway, but that has nothing to do with feeling), and not much better either. The enemy mook status garnered a lot of hate.

D

Deleted member

You people are impatient. It feels like it was yesterday that we got Sephiroth, I'm good with waiting until E3.
You mistake eagerness for impatience. It's not good to assume on the internet, friend.

Not to mention I posted the calmest 'I'm simply waiting' meme pic I could find and you still took it as impatience lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
In previous e3's, they had the setup to actually reveal more than one character. Timing worked fine. They weren't trying to split 6 characters in 2 years. That's a completely different situation. Our first DLC Pass had to be done within a year, so e3 is an easy time to reveal two.

That's not the case for Pass 2, having a lot more time to be spread out. There's no reason to reveal more than one when it's very clear no other DLC is planned. And him having to repeat it makes it even clearer it's not going to happen. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but we're talking about .0000001% chance in this context. And that's probably overexaggerating its chances right now.

Now ending on a "meh" character? That seems pretty possible. Byleth was mixed already, and our last planned character at first. Likewise, PP was our first DLC character as is, though still an ending(but Incineroar and Ken are also the true ending otherwise, if DLC never happened). Ken easily wasn't unpopular, but Incineroar was pretty damn mixed. You could even argue PP had better feedback for not feeling like an advertisement/shill pick(Incineroar really isn't the case anyway, but that has nothing to do with feeling), and not much better either. The enemy mook status garnered a lot of hate.
Yeah. I only expect a single reveal too, for your reasoning and because they don't make us wait months for the fighter's release anymore, likely because of uncertainties brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People will **** on the last dlc character regardless of who they are lmao
True, but later reveals still have traits that make it guaranteed that people want to **** on them: Clones, debuting recently, being from franchises with lots of reps, not seeming like a ballot request when people expect them, just generally being more niche. The only thing you can expect from FP2's "disappointing finale", no matter what makes them "disappointing", is that they won't be a clone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Have people been really hyping up the last slot again? The only time that really applied was the rigged Smash Ballot. :073: Surely Byleth isn't that forgettable.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Honestly I think Byleth was never planned to be the final characters of Ultimate dlc cycle. I think that very early on they had some ideas for more fighters (Sakurai did say in the Terry presentation that he wanted one or two more fighters but he decided to do a second pass).

Also, I think people hated on Incineroar because it wasn't the Pokémon they wanted, but objectively I don't think Incineroar was a "meh" ending. Sure he wasn't heavily requested, but it's Pokémon, everybody know the franchise and it's huge, it's not like a really random choice. I don't know why this thread is thinking so much that the final character will be bad just because past final character were disappointing for them.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know why this thread is thinking so much that the final character will be bad just because past final character were disappointing for them
I don't expect it to be bad per se, just not super-mega-ultra-twitter-goes-down-again hype.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think people hated on Incineroar because it wasn't the Pokémon they wanted
Speak for yourself. I can still taste the Decidueye salt like it was yesterday. :bowsette: Consider this a hot take, but Incineroar is way more fun to play than what Decidueye could've ever done. And I picked Rowlet in Gen 7, I hold no negative opinion on the Pokemon itself.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Off-topic, but how come Daruk and Revali are less popular than the other two Champions?
download.png

That aside, Daruk is far from a bad character, but he's just a bit more straightforward and plain compared to the others. Revali has the issue of being the Vegeta of the group who very often cracks down on Link because of his pride and insecurity, and because Link is the main character and has most of the scenes, he'll show this side alot, so of course he'll be divisive. That said, he is pretty nice and respectful to Mipha and I think Urbosa as well in Age of Calamity.
Really?? But he's just calmly standing there, biding his time!
When you're waiting for time to pass peacefully, you use this meme.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I just thought the waiting meme was mildly funny, I didn't immediately think "impatience!" or "eagerness!".

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't mind the wait so much honestly because at least we're not really left in the dark: we know that Nintendo will be at e3 in some way somewhere between June 12 to June 15. Yes, a month and a half might seems long, but at least we have a date, which is more than last year when we thought that Nintendo direct were dead and we had no idea when characters would be announced.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I like the Papagenos speculation of a bonus character or deluxe costume in the pack.

I'm rooting for it to just be like 3 echoes.
If not three echoes, then a “mini pass” of three unique but otherwise much simpler fighters that do come with a stage and music BUT no spirit board. Maybe because the artwork would prove impractical to convert into Spirits for whatever reason... or if it’s of a franchise that got DLC in the last two passes thus that symbol has a spirit board associated already. Let me dream...

Technomage

Smash Champion
I think it's obvious as to why female characters often get more popularity than male ones.

I like the Papagenos speculation of a bonus character or deluxe costume in the pack.

I'm rooting for it to just be like 3 echoes.
Actually, the CSS would have room for FOUR more echoes after FP2 ends.

I don't mind the wait so much honestly because at least we're not really left in the dark: we know that Nintendo will be at e3 in some way somewhere between June 12 to June 15. Yes, a month and a half might seems long, but at least we have a date, which is more than last year when we thought that Nintendo direct were dead and we had no idea when characters would be announced.
Plus, knowing about Ninty's E3 plans does make speculation easier for us, since E3 not only HAS to have a Smash character reveal, but it also HAS to be a character (or a set of characters) that would generate quite a bit of hype (even if it isn't to the degree that it breaks Twitter).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Most likely because Mipha and Urbosa are better developed characters and had more effort put into their Divine Beast routes compared to the guys.

More people might've liked Revali if they tried harder to show his soft side, but most of what we got to see was, "I'm better, and you don't deserve to be the chosen one." Then there's Daruk. He's nice, but he lacks a meaningful relationship like the other three. He's not in love with Link, he's not the self-proclaimed rival to Link, and he's not a father figure to Zelda. He just sort of exists as a "best bro who has your back" character, which makes him a little forgettable.

Last edited:

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
So, throwing out something that I’d love to see everyone’s opinion on: in a scenario where your most wanted character gets in, what Mii costumes would you like to see included?

If it was Leon, I’d be down for the following: Ramon Salazar (Brawler), Ada Wong (Gunner), Lord Saddler (Swordfighter) Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth (Brawler + the Steel Samurai Theme), and Dante (Swordfighter).

Technomage

Smash Champion
So, throwing out something that I’d love to see everyone’s opinion on: in a scenario where your most wanted character gets in, what Mii costumes would you like to see included?

If it was Leon, I’d be down for the following: Ramon Salazar (Brawler), Ada Wong (Gunner), Lord Saddler (Swordfighter) Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth (Brawler + the Steel Samurai Theme), and Dante (Swordfighter).
If Crash Bandicoot were to get in, then potential Mii costumes could include Activision and Blizzard characters, such as:

Brawler: Coco Bandicoot, Pitfall Harry, Spyro the Dragon, Diablo
Swordfighter: Arthas (from World of warcraft)
Gunner: Neo Cortex, Tracer, Edward Richtofen (from Call of Duty)

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Revali would probably be more interesting if he wasn’t literally just Falco in the Zelda universe.
Despite that Daruk and Revali are my favorite champions (lol). Not sure why Daruk isn’t more popular, to me he seemed like he had the most character out of all of them (except for Urbosa).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

sad sigh if Elma got in:

• Mecha-Fiora (Swordfighter)
  • Ori (Brawler + Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark song included)
  • Lin Lee Koo (Gunner)
  • Monokuma (Brawler)
  • Zagreus from Hades (Swordfighter)

tbh it’s kinda all over the place

cashregister9

Smash Hero

If Estelle got in...
-Rean Schwarzer (Swordfighter)
-Lloyd Bannings (Brawler)
-Tita Russell (Gunner)
-Kevin Graham (Gunner)
-Adol (Swordfighter)

Paraster

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Quote have an indie theme, with a couple spots specifically for other Studio Pixel games.

Hat: Ikachan
Brawler: Zetterburn (Rivals of Aether)
Swordfighter: Shovel Knight
Swordfighter: Hat Kid (A Hat In Time)
Swordfighter: The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Gunner: Kaeru (Kero Blaster)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't expect it to be bad per se, just not super-mega-ultra-twitter-goes-down-again hype.
Exactly. A character like Sol Badguy, Axel Stone, Lloyd Irving or Adol Christin would not be bad additions, just merely ones that wouldn’t end the pass on a “big note”.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'm now going to list another fighter's potential Mii costumes that could come with it.

If Eggman were added to the roster:

B: Segata Sanshiro, Axel Stone, Rouge the Bat, Ryo Hazuki
S: Amy Rose, Sakura Shinguji, Hotsuma from Shinobi, Hibana (also from Shinobi)
G: E-123 Omega, Gunstar Red/Blue

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Exactly. A character like Sol Badguy, Axel Stone, Lloyd Irving or Adol Christin would not be bad additions, just merely ones that wouldn’t end the pass on a “big note”.
I was thinking more first party but yeah.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'll do Arle.

Amitie (Brawler)
Schezo (Swordfighter)
Draco (Brawler)
---
Kiryu (Brawler)
NiGHTS (Brawler)
Beat (Gunner)

I also wanted to add a jiggly Puyo hat like with Slime, but I was thinking Amitie's hat could be based off her original Fever appearance which would still give us a big Puyo hat. Either or, I just figure Amitie is an important character to include.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Well, I did some DLC ideas for my two most-wanteds, and included the Miis too. Might as well link 'em.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Touhou Project | Fantendo - Game Ideas & More | Fandom
An all-Touhou wave for Reimu...
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Ys | Fantendo - Game Ideas & More | Fandom
And a Falcom-focused RPG pack for Adol. I'd personally prefer if Lloyd lives, but I don't think we'll get two red-colored action-RPG dudes in the same pack.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some more smaller Mii costume wants with my MWs (not the full set):

• Ahri (League of Legends): Jinx (Gunner), Teemo (Hat), Yasuo (Swordfighter), Lee Sin (Brawler)
  • Reimu Hakurei: Knight from Hollow Knight (Swordfighter), Gunvolt (w/ Eternal Blue song included), Crewmate from Among Us (Brawler)
  • Neku Sakuraba: Crono (Chrono Trigger; Swordfighter), 2B (NieR Automata; Swordfighter), Sho Minamimoto (Brawler)
  • Octoling: Pearl from Off the Hook (Gunner), Marina from Off the Hook (Swordfighter; her “Sword” is her Brella)
  • KOS-MOS: Lloyd (if it comes back), Nightmare (Swordfighter with some Soul Calibur song), Klonoa (hat), Solaire of Astora (Swordfighter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom