• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If you could have a new sonic rep and you could choose between Knuckles or Shadow, which one would you choose and why?

Mine's Knuckles, definitely. Glide, wall climbing, dig attack, he would be perfect as a strongest and somewhat slowest version of Sonic.
Knuckles would be more unique, so I'll go with him. I'd probably choose Tails if given free choice, though.

Technomage

Smash Champion
If you could have a new sonic rep and you could choose between Knuckles or Shadow, which one would you choose and why?

Mine's Knuckles, definitely. Glide, wall climbing, dig attack, he would be perfect as a strongest and somewhat slowest version of Sonic.
Assuming their Sonic Boom incarnations are allowed, then I'd pick Knuckles, since his Boom version is hilarious. XD

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Yeah smash fans are hyper focused on the idea of chief because it is not impossible now. The idea that this character is so big they have to be the exception is honestly kind of dumb. I personally think that if we get Chief, it would likely be in a bonus slot as a separate challenger pack at the end. I think a double dip just does not make much sense. Why would it happen now?
Possibly coinciding with upcoming Xbox and Nintendo partnership rumor that has been going around. It could've been planned for long time behind the scene like Steve although it may not have been just as long. Both companies declared that they are no longer competitors. Xbox is branching to other platforms, and Switch could be considered as portable Xbox.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

If this were base game and I could choose a character who wasn't an Assist Trophy, I'd go with Shadow as Sonic's Echo.

If not, I'd choose Eggman instead.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
In your mind, how would Tails play?
Sonic is the master of horizontal movement, I think it would be neat if Tails was really good at vertical movement. He wouldn't be as fast as Sonic, but he would have a bunch of jumps, and would be capable of hitting opponents below him from far away. I don't know how well that would work, but it's a neat idea.

Sonic is the master of horizontal movement, I think it would be neat if Tails was really good at vertical movement. He wouldn't be as fast as Sonic, but he would have a bunch of jumps, and would be capable of hitting opponents below him from far away. I don't know how well that would work, but it's a neat idea.
I know it's not what you meant, but I couldn't help but picture Tails being Sonic's Falco and getting a spike down-air.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Do you guys think we'll get another 1st party rep? The only 1st party characters we got were from relatively recent games released on Switch. The ones i used to though that could have a chance became spirits already (Astral Chain, Pokémon S&S, Ring Fit Adventure), so the only case i can see a Nintendo character getting in is as a bônus character pretty much like PP, not connected with recent releases. Not that spirits events means a definitive deconfirmation, but no doubt it's a red sign for a character inclusion. Dragalia Lost is in such a strange situation, cuz there's no sign of the game in european and latian american contries, so IDK.
Right now I think at most we will get one more 1st party character in the DLC.
The rest will be 3rd party.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
society if shadow got in and was never an at
The 13 Best Tech Cities in the World (2018) | Futuristic city, Futuristic  architecture, Sci fi city

society if shadow gets in as an at upgrade
What's Your YA Dystopian Name? | Dystopia, Dystopian fiction, Dystopian's Your YA Dystopian Name? | Dystopia, Dystopian fiction, Dystopian
A fully playable AT upgrade would make the entire community lose their collective mind. It'd be the Smash equivalent of tearing a hole in the spacetime continuum. None of the age-old "rules" would apply anymore

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A fully playable AT upgrade would make the entire community lose their collective mind. It'd be the Smash equivalent of tearing a hole in the spacetime continuum. None of the age-old "rules" would apply anymore
Let it happen. We need something to make people want to take risks.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Eh... Not quite. Provided they're still a video game character, reality should be relatively intact. Now, the likes of Goku, on the other hand...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
WELL. Took long enough, but I finally calculated some of Fighter 10's potential background colors! Of course, keep in mind the standard "this is math" yaddi yadda... (but I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times lol.) Anyways, here's what I got for my minimally extended colors!

View attachment 312090
1618887055993.png

Holy **** it's literally just Spinels colors. she's in.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Eh... Not quite. Provided they're still a video game character, reality should be relatively intact. Now, the likes of Goku, on the other hand...
Maybe I spend too much time on SmashFAQS. Things are often blown out of proportion there. Still though, the "Assist Trophies Disconfirm" fanrule has been dominant since ATs came into existence. I would love to see it broken

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
WELL. Took long enough, but I finally calculated some of Fighter 10's potential background colors! Of course, keep in mind the standard "this is math" yaddi yadda... (but I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times lol.) Anyways, here's what I got for my minimally extended colors!

View attachment 312090
We're getting Heart Aino and Euden!

What? Euden uses fire attacks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe I spend too much time on SmashFAQS. Things are often blown out of proportion there. Still though, the "Assist Trophies Disconfirm" fanrule has been dominant since ATs came into existence. I would love to see it broken
Better hope it's the next character then because after FP11 it won't matter until Smash 6 becomes a thing.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

View attachment 312090

IT'S T I M E :4pacman:

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

View attachment 312090
Well there are two characters that could work for each color respectively.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

View attachment 312090
No way... Could it really be...?
1618887527970.png
:4pacman:

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Double anniversary today! Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon turns 31 and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance turns 16!

Ivander

Smash Legend

View attachment 312090
First character that came to mind for that second color was Reimu.

Second character that came to mind for both Pink and that shade of red was Matoi from PSO2. Mostly because of recent speculation bias.
Pso2_matoi_ep5.png

Curious to see what other characters people think of.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day:

Double anniversary today! Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon turns 31 and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance turns 16!
Love the Subspace reference.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

View attachment 312090
I’m just saying:
72E0C172-6C54-4E7D-979C-1C123FEFA626.jpeg

It do work for the King of Pigs

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day:

It's kinda ****ed up how you can't buy the switch version of Shadow Dragon on Shadow Dragon's birthday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 312090
E84423D0-3385-4785-9738-CED21A10A44B.png

She’s in. Sorry, I don’t make the rules.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
100%. I do think we’re getting another First Party, and my personal bets are Euden, a Pokémon, Ayumi, or Tabuu.
Most of those are unlikely, Euden because he doesn't exist on the European game market and Pokemon because of the Spirit Event.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

View attachment 312090
This is totally the second Sonic characters we wanted, right? :4pacman:
TSR_Amy.png

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Do you guys think we'll get another 1st party rep? The only 1st party characters we got were from relatively recent games released on Switch. The ones i used to though that could have a chance became spirits already (Astral Chain, Pokémon S&S, Ring Fit Adventure), so the only case i can see a Nintendo character getting in is as a bônus character pretty much like PP, not connected with recent releases. Not that spirits events means a definitive deconfirmation, but no doubt it's a red sign for a character inclusion. Dragalia Lost is in such a strange situation, cuz there's no sign of the game in european and latian american contries, so IDK.
I think it is fairly likely an another first party will pop up in this pass.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
To each their own I suppose, I can’t imagine Porkys background to be anything other than Pig Pink.
Actually, I was making a joke about Porky's skin color in that sprite. Pig Pink works fine, too.

Also, is it bad the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pink was Heart Aino from Arcana Hearts?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

View attachment 312090
I’m just saying: View attachment 312095
It do work for the King of Pigs

This is definitely Porky! Fellow Pigmask comrades, it is time; our great king will finally make it into Smash (:<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom