• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Today I learned was the release of two Fire Emblem titles and Mother 3:

Very interesting.

Edit: As for Amy, I don't really have much Sonic experience but she has a giant hammer and that's neat enough for me.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
WELL. Took long enough, but I finally calculated some of Fighter 10's potential background colors! Of course, keep in mind the standard "this is math" yaddi yadda... (but I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times lol.) Anyways, here's what I got for my minimally extended colors!

View attachment 312090
Those colours makes me think of Reimu, Sakura, Alcremie, Heart and Angelic Buster.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Mortal Kombat... but with an anime artstyle. It would help make the brutalness less brutal, AND it would be more appealing to Japanese players.
Mortal Kombat Alpha

Heck no I'm not gonna let it go. I strongly believe that, in the grand scheme of things, promoting an AT as DLC would just do more harm than good.
Well the harm is...zero. So I doubt the math on that would work out in your favor.

If you could have a new sonic rep and you could choose between Knuckles or Shadow, which one would you choose and why?
Shadow, because he could be an Echo.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
WELL. Took long enough, but I finally calculated some of Fighter 10's potential background colors! Of course, keep in mind the standard "this is math" yaddi yadda... (but I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times lol.) Anyways, here's what I got for my minimally extended colors!

View attachment 312090
My stupid ass saw this after waking up and I confused this for the bisexual flag so clearly are final characters are bisexual

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Okay, buckle up everyone, I have the STUPIDEST idea in the history of stupid ideas:

Mortal Kombat... but with an anime artstyle. It would help make the brutalness less brutal, AND it would be more appealing to Japanese players.
Y'know what? I actually totally want to see how this would look. Heck, it's not like there's a shortage of gritty anime to take inspiration from, so it might not even end up that off-brand.

Would it play like an anime fighter as well? Like, airdashes and roman cancels and stuff? I think it'd be fun to have a new gameplay style to match the new visuals.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If you could have a new sonic rep and you could choose between Knuckles or Shadow, which one would you choose and why?

Mine's Knuckles, definitely. Glide, wall climbing, dig attack, he would be perfect as a strongest and somewhat slowest version of Sonic.
I want Shadow because he's one of the Coolest characters ever and would be very fun. Also I can stop having stake in Smash Speculation

Better hope it's the next character then because after FP11 it won't matter until Smash 6 becomes a thing.
I'm gonna sound really evil for saying this but

I would like to see the Rule broken because it would be really cathartic to see the deniers reaction to this happening, and if it's Shadow, the haters, the deniers, the Echo Bandwagoners, etc reaction would be very flavorful on the Palette

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think Porky is underrated considering he's not in the ****ing game in any form, but Nintendo choosing Porky? Bro, is Itoi on this executive decision team?
He is. They just called him "Absolutely Safe Capsule", for some reason.
Y'know what? I actually totally want to see how this would look. Heck, it's not like there's a shortage of gritty anime to take inspiration from, so it might not even end up that off-brand.

Would it play like an anime fighter as well? Like, airdashes and roman cancels and stuff? I think it'd be fun to have a new gameplay style to match the new visuals.
Depends: who's making the game? I doubt Netherealm would even give it the artstyle to begin with. Maybe Arc System?

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Depends: who's making the game? I doubt Netherealm would even give it the artstyle to begin with. Maybe Arc System?
Honestly? Guilty Gear is pretty close to what I imagine an "anime MK" would look like already. Heck, Fatalities aren't that different from Instant Kills or Astral Finishes - especially if they're toning down the gore.

I bring up the gameplay because MK and your average ArcSys game feel so different that it's actually really fun comparing the two, and leads to interesting results regardless of whether you decide to keep it the same or bring it in line with other anime fighters.
  • By far the biggest difference is that Mortal Kombat doesn't use quarter-circles. I hear Granblue Fantasy Versus has some way to do specials with a designated S button and a direction, so maybe they'd go with that?
  • I don't think ArcSys games have the sorts of dial-a-combo stuff you get in MK, with the exception of autocombos. I wonder if they would do something with those.
  • The animation would be a lot less janky.
  • I doubt we'd get any character customization or anything like that. Honestly, we'd have better luck getting gameplay-altering stuff than cosmetics.
This is just something that I'm finding really fun to think about. If only because the mental image of Scorpion in cel-shading airdashing all over the place is hilariously novel.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
He is. They just called him "Absolutely Safe Capsule", for some reason.
If the capsule was really meant to be Porky, they would have used his name on the title of the spirit to be "Porky (Absolutely Safe Capsule)" so the joke would get through.
Especially when his most known forms are him inside his mechs or his clay figure from EB.
That also doesn't explain where his statue went, except if the capsule was big enough for two. And fitting if Porky wants to see himself for the rest of eternity.

Finally, best Gen 8 Pokemon in Smash.
ahem

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 312090
Remind me of Tsubasa Oribe's color scheme, especially the noticeable dark "red" color on some of her clothing. Otherwise, maybe my eye is wrong, and the color turns out to be orange. In that case, I don't have any suggestion to throw out.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
On the topic of Sonic characters, Amy Rose is fine, but no joke, there's four other Sonic characters who I believe would be a better and more deserving choice for Smash before her (Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman).
There's someone lurking in several Nintendo Twitter threads asking - no, demanding Amy. I pray you don't run into them.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
By far the biggest difference is that Mortal Kombat doesn't use quarter-circles
Technically it does, just that the diagonal part is excluded and the input is simply :GCD::GCR:. It's DP and charge inputs that it lacks.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If the capsule was really meant to be Porky, they would have used his name on the title of the spirit to be "Porky (Absolutely Safe Capsule)" so the joke would get through.
Especially when his most known forms are him inside his mechs or his clay figure from EB.
That also doesn't explain where his statue went, except if the capsule was big enough for two. And fitting if Porky wants to see himself for the rest of eternity.

ahem

Sakurai: Due to criticisms about players fighting Pikachu, we've decided it would simply be too much effort to nerf Pikachu and decided for the Bonus Fighter, we've removed Pikachu and added Cramorant to the roster instead who will spit out Pikachu's from it's mouth.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Itoi: Thank you, Mr. Sakurai.

Sakurai: Oh you noticed it! Congratulations again.
The relationship Nintendo/Sakurai has with the Earthbound series is always one that strikes a lot of curiosity with me with how the licensing is tied up. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Ness got into Smash 64 because of coincidences with Mother 3's development not unlike how he was almost replaced in Melee.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
always blows me away that Sakurai cites international appeal as part of the requirements for a character being included but then didn't know about Mother 3 not being localized

like it only matters that a character is available everywhere if Sakurai knows about it. imagine if he never checked if Mysterious Murasame Castle or Famicom Detective Club came out overseas and just went "yeah these characters are all-stars, fight a school girl and a samurai". we'd probably have 8 characters from each of those series playable by now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I would like to see the Rule broken because it would be really cathartic to see the deniers reaction to this happening, and if it's Shadow, the haters, the deniers, the Echo Bandwagoners, etc reaction would be very flavorful on the Palette
I mean yeah it would be funny to see the modern Smash fan's riskphobia (that MC is somehow able to get past, three guesses as to why) get punished yet again but after yesterday I want to try to avoid **** like "this is what you get for defaulting to ***** every single time" if Isaac got in.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
which character in smash do you feel it deserve to be reworked or upgraded?
i would say :ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsonic::ultdaisy:
For me:
:ultkirby: :ultwario::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultbowser::ultbanjokazooie:
  • Kirby for more Copy Abilities as attacks
  • Wario to get a moveset redesign representing the Land series
  • Ganondorf, unquie moveset potential with magic and darkness
  • Young and Toon Links, they need their own movesets instead of being clones
  • Bowser, have him be like in Mario games instead of being a beast
  • Banjo-Kazooie, have them use the transformations as attacks

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean yeah it would be funny to see the modern Smash fan's riskphobia (that MC is somehow able to get past, three guesses as to why) get punished yet again but after yesterday I want to try to avoid ** like "this is what you get for defaulting to *** every single time" if Isaac got in.
Just because this is the first time in a while that Isaac isn't seen as a frontrunner doesn't mean Smash fans are suddenly afraid of risks, otherwise Reimu, Ayumi, Sakura, Adol and many more wouldn't be discussed nearly as much.

Also, you mention Master Chief being an exception. Master Chief. A character who was literally considered a joke suggestion until about 5 years ago compared to Isaac who's easily one of the most consistent fan requests in the hardcore fandom. Stop acting like Isaac is such an underdog when his support threads for Smash 4 and Ultimate were consistently some of the most popular support threads around, and that's ignoring Brawl where Isaac's popularity was at it's peak

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes, and he should be considered risky when this is late in the pass and we already had a Microsoft character.
Man you really are choosing not to see the point that the only 'risky' character you ever seem to notice is Consistently Popular Isaac. How come Adol was an exception? And Reimu? And Sakura? And Ayumi who's seen as a frontrunner these days? What alternative reality must you live in where the fanbase that only relatively recently started getting out of the incredibly strict requirements oisted for literally any and every third party never existed to the point a 1 man dev team's creation gets brought up more often than most characters?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Because they are never shut down as quickly as "AT from a dead first party". At least Sakura has people doubting her being popular even in Japan.
Genuine question, when was the last time this happened? Cause I swear we've talked very little about Isaac compared to you being upset Isaac's no longer deemer a frontrunner, especially as you seem to be unaware that a lot of people saying that actually like Isaac. How about you try to encourage Isaac discussion instead of whining that Isaac's sole period of not being deemed a frontrunner meaning he's so small and risky and how you're the only person who wants him?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

View attachment 312090
holy ****ing ****
Sukapon_Assist_Trophy_(SSBU).png

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

View attachment 312090

If I have to make a guess from these colors I might go with Reimu. Eggman and Sol could fit this as well.

D

Deleted member

You want a character... because they could be less unique? What kinda logic is this?
I've asked that very same thing before (back when a fighter's pass wasn't even known) and the response I got (other than indignation) basically boiled down to having so little hope for a character, that they'll take what they can get.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

View attachment 312090
FINALLY

I WAS RIGHT

STYLE SAVVY STYLIST WILL BE OUR PROMOTIONAL REP. LET'S GOOOOO

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

View attachment 312090
This is totally the second Sonic characters we wanted, right? :4pacman:
View attachment 312098

I don't know what math you're doing or how anything math could relate to this...

But I'm gonna take this time to say...

You are gonna have your Amy Rose, and you are gonna like it!

EemB54GXsAI7yqA.jpg

Throw in "Amy's Room" as the stage purely to upset anyone who doesn't like Amy since her face is plastered all over it

Amy'sroom.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom