• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It hurts, but you gotta move on eventually. Considering this is Smash we're talking about, it might be better for your health, too.
It's not like I'm gonna get ill from talking about smash.

...well, considering it involves sitting at my computer desk, it's not exactly good for it. and my posture isn't that great...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know I might actually yeet myself from this site until E3. Depression over a lot of things, including the passing away of my father last December, a job that while I mostly enjoy it is also stressful, the pandemic and not knowing if some friends are safe (a few caught COVID and became “long haulers” and idk if they’ll ever be okay again), and other things. The fact I to this day haven’t gotten even one of my most wanteds (Min Min was a “she’d be nice to have”) didn’t help.

At the very least, with Hayabusa out I don’t have to worry about the person who mistreated me being I guess “validated” (long ass story there). But I also wanna try to get some personal affairs in order that I’ve put off for quite some time. Including but not limited to psychiatric help.

I may make a post in the Elma thread and/or social thread later when I’m ready to announce my departure. I think it’ll be better for me for now.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
  • Post that we should expect something in June
  • Everyone says mid may
  • E3 announced that Nintendo is on board
  • Everyone is now on board
I still can’t believe how anyone thought that we wouldn’t get the announcement at E3 and we would get it sooner. Since my speculation hunches so far have been pretty good, I’ll just say that my guesses for the last two are Crash and Rean and if we get a bonus fighter due to that website voodoo, Decidueye is my guess.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
You know I might actually yeet myself from this site until E3. Depression over a lot of things, including the passing away of my father last December, a job that while I mostly enjoy it is also stressful, the pandemic and not knowing if some friends are safe (a few caught COVID and became “long haulers” and idk if they’ll ever be okay again), and other things. The fact I to this day haven’t gotten even one of my most wanteds (Min Min was a “she’d be nice to have”) didn’t help.

At the very least, with Hayabusa out I don’t have to worry about the person who mistreated me being I guess “validated” (long ass story there). But I also wanna try to get some personal affairs in order that I’ve put off for quite some time. Including but not limited to psychiatric help.

I may make a post in the Elma thread and/or social thread later when I’m ready to announce my departure. I think it’ll be better for me for now.
Aw. I wish you the best. Hope you feel better soon!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Depression is tough, even more so given how your irl situation sounds rough. If you need someone to talk to my PMs are open. That being said, if taking a break from Smashboards is what you think will help you heal, do it. It’s always hard changing things up or moving on. Saying goodbye to people, dealing with your interests feeling bitter. But everyday, it gets easier if you keep working towards things getting better. That doesn’t mean every day gets better. But it gets easier to live with the depression and move forward.

I’ll say this, depending on where you are,vaccine rollouts are starting to become very accessible. Two local pharmacies near me for example have vaccines now. I was able to get my shot early since I’m a health care worker, but I know plenty of my college friends and home got it. So at least that small part is looking up. Keep your eyes and ears out and soon at least that part of your life will get a lot easier.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I wish you the best Rie and hope your situation gets better. Lemme know if there’s ever anything you need.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Take care Rie. I wish you the best in the meantime and I hope for you to come back soon!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So no SEGA at E3 this year huh? Whendaya think they're gonna reveal the 30th Anniversary Sonic then? Nintendo Direct or "Random Day in May"?

Or do they pull out a sack of potatoes and jump out from behind and go "SURPRISE! WE ARE AT E3! WE JUST HAD TO GET THE POTATOES FIRST!"

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I know I've already said it, but I wish you the best. I'm going through my own IRL problems at the moment, so I at least somewhat know how you feel, though I doubt it's as extreme. Do whatever you need to do in order to get better. Getting psychiatric help if you can would go a long way.

Lord knows I need it right now...

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So no SEGA at E3 this year huh? Whendaya think they're gonna reveal the 30th Anniversary Sonic then? Nintendo Direct or "Random Day in May"?

Or do they pull out a sack of potatoes and jump out from behind and go "SURPRISE! WE ARE AT E3! WE JUST HAD TO GET THE POTATOES FIRST!"
E3’s saying that this is just everyone who’s on board so far. It’s possible that other companies join in.

SKX31

Smash Master
Puyo has Sega's biggest brand recognition overseas across all age groups, surpassing even Sonic and comparable to Nintendo / Sanrio. Arle would absolutely be recognizable to a wide audience over there.

Puyo Puyo Tsu was one of the biggest arcade games at the time going head to head with the likes of Street Fighter 2. It was so big during the 90s that there was almost a Puyo theme park.
Smash speculation based on E-Sports stuff?

**** it, count me in.

I was gonna post the Minecraft E-Sports clip using Devil Trigger as its music... but I found a better tweet to illustrate just how insane that could get:

:4pacman:

Nah, but seriously, that's actually some neat data. Did he also go into if Puyo Puyo's popularity extended beyond Japan into the neighboring countries or not? And also, if there were serious talks about a theme park, it's certainly possible that they could revisit it sometime in the future. Maybe not anytime soon, but given that it has that status in Japan + a rising profile in the West, it's possible.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
" epicmartin7 epicmartin7 is typing..."

Speaking of, how are the color calcs going? Honestly curious here, these are always nice to look at.
Oh... that. It's been kinda' stuck in limbo right now because I'm mainly trying to understand why the points move the way they do to get a better and more accurate picture. And.. I haven't had time due to my interest in modding and homework (EDIT: Wording made it sound like I'm interested in my homework. That is some wrong wording there lol.)

I messed with some stuff last night, but kind of hit a dead end. So I'll try to get back to it soon as I am interested in getting some more math predictions out there.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm making a moveset concept for a character I think could be fun. It's my first time doing this and I don't think I'm good at it so don't expect much, but my idea for the specials of the character was, regardless of being more or less faithful to the home series, to have more than 4 Specials that you can trigger by holding the button.

Just like when you input hold side B with Terry to do a stronger version of Burning Knuckle, but in this case, the character would perform a different move. For this character, if you do a regular side B the character will perform move A, but if you hold B instead of just pressing it, the fighter would perform move B.

So, I have a question: do you think this is a good or bad idea? I guess it depends on the character and which are the moves. I imagine it could cause some misinputs or be confusing for some people, but IDK. Or maybe it's a good idea on paper but a bad one when you put it at practice while playing.

Obviously the moves will have some kind of logic. So Normal Up B wouldn't be a projectile while the character stands in the ground while holding Up B makes the character attacking while jumping. The two versions of Up B would be vertical moves, and so on.

I don't want to say which character is because I might end not finishing this lol. In any case it's probably going to be kinda basic, so it's not a moveset that will cover absolutely all the moves a Smash character needs.

Well Sega never had a press conference as far as I know. And we'll probably get some trailes from them during the Nintendo E3 Direct or the Xbox conference.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

**** it, count me in.

I was gonna post the Minecraft E-Sports clip using Devil Trigger as its music... but I found a better tweet to illustrate just how insane that could get:

Nah, but seriously, that's actually some neat data. Did he also go into if Puyo Puyo's popularity extended beyond Japan into the neighboring countries or not? And also, if there were serious talks about a theme park, it's certainly possible that they could revisit it sometime in the future. Maybe not anytime soon, but given that it has that status in Japan + a rising profile in the West, it's possible.
"Tom and Jerry eSports" has the same incomprehensibly powerful aura as "Big Chungus is in the Looney Toons gacha."
Rowlet.png

What the %$#@

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
  • Post that we should expect something in June
  • Everyone says mid may
  • E3 announced that Nintendo is on board
  • Everyone is now on board
I still can’t believe how anyone thought that we wouldn’t get the announcement at E3 and we would get it sooner. Since my speculation hunches so far have been pretty good, I’ll just say that my guesses for the last two are Crash and Rean and if we get a bonus fighter due to that website voodoo, Decidueye is my guess.
People were fixated on their two-month schedule pattern without looking past the surface to ask why the reveal schedule had been what it was: it was to leverage events. The game awards, the general Direct, etc. Events always come first, and E3, typically, is the biggest gaming event of the year. The actual message being imparted was the continued priority events receive, which further reinforced a June reveal, but people misread it, as they often do. Ah well.

The only way it wasn't going to be June is if Nintendo wasn't planning on having a presentation in June.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

**** it, count me in.

You joke, but competitive tag is a thing in actual sports, you know.

So tbh, part of me isn't surprised at all.

Oh... that. It's been kinda' stuck in limbo right now because I'm mainly trying to understand why the points move the way they do to get a better and more accurate picture. And.. I haven't had time due to my interest in modding and homework (EDIT: Wording made it sound like I'm interested in my homework. That is some wrong wording there lol.)

I messed with some stuff last night, but kind of hit a dead end. So I'll try to get back to it soon as I am interested in getting some more math predictions out there.
I mean, you're probably the only one who knows how to mess with that stuff too, but even if it takes longer, I'm sure it'll be a fun read!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
As has been noted anniversaries mean essentially nothing when it comes to Smash, but I will say that Eggman being announced at E3 for release on 23rd that month, 30 years to the date after Sonic 1's release?

That would be one make for one hell of a celebration by both Nintendo and Sega.
Anniversaries usually mean nothing in regards to whether a character will be playable or not, but I do think it could occasionally be a factor in when a character is released. Not an anniversary but Steve lined up nicely with Minecon, and Sephiroth fell nicely into place with the anniversary of FF.

Could be happy coincidences, but I feel like there’s some validity in believing that if we do get a Sonic character it could line up neatly with Sega’s own anniversary plans. I think E3 is a good place for Eggman / Tails one way or the other - Sonic is biggest in the west and that would be an inclusion with strong mass-appeal.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I keep hearing about a LoL rep. Who would they actually add from LoL? I don't know the characters, but is there like a main character or a fan favorite that would likely be chosen over the others?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I keep hearing about a LoL rep. Who would they actually add from LoL? I don't know the characters, but is there like a main character or a fan favorite that would likely be chosen over the others?
Well, uh...
1617747923691.png

1617747943104.png

Uuuuuh...

Y'know what I'm just gonna stick with Ahri because she's the only one I'm even vaguely familiar with

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The only LOL rep I hear is Ahri.
Bursts through wall

WHO SUMMONS ME!?

In all seriousness, it depends. Personally, I stan Ahri in mostly because I like her, but also because I think she's a prime candidate. To sum it up, she's got a decent number of appearances in trailers and, as of now, the spinoffs, her kit is in that nice gray area between representing the game well and not being too cumbersome to implement, and she's recognizable even outside of League's core audience.

However, there are quite a few other Champions who fit that description as well. A few would be Jinx, Lux, Teemo and (I'd wager) Yasuo.

If you're talking playstyle, though... that depends greatly on who would be picked. Most characters are so different there's barely any grounds for making Echoes, even. Except maybe for Yone and Seraphine.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, uh...
View attachment 310263
View attachment 310264
Uuuuuh...

Y'know what I'm just gonna stick with Ahri because she's the only one I'm even vaguely familiar with
You know, if you start playing, then you could be familiar enough with the champions in Smash speculation.

...Tell ya what, I'll play Touhou if you play Wild Rift, one drug game for another. Deal? :roll:

And I'm gonna go with my gut in regards to LOL and say None of them is a good choice. :4pacman:
Oh, come on, please tell me there's at least a little Teemo demon on your shoulder that wants to see how much a character made by Riot can break another game? :4pacman:

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Which one is the one where Rex DIDN'T melt the Switch with his gimmick?
In that universe, we had Final Smashes from the beginning of the series, Dixie Kong was added in Brawl, and the Ice Climbers were never cut.

On the other hand, Zelda and Sheik are still a package deal in that universe's Ultimate, as are Samus and Zero Suit Samus.

Shroob

Sup?
You know, if you start playing, then you could be familiar enough with the champions in Smash speculation.

...Tell ya what, I'll play Touhou if you play Wild Rift, one drug game for another. Deal? :roll:

Oh, come on, please tell me there's at least a little Teemo demon on your shoulder that wants to see how much a character made by Riot can break another game? :4pacman:
Only if said character:

Is a sword user
Dashes around like a ****
Knockups because why the **** not
Hasakey
And makes me punch my computer screen

All at once.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Only if said character:

Is a sword user
Dashes around like a ****
Knockups because why the **** not
Hasakey
And makes me punch my computer screen

All at once.
Oh, what if he also has a level up mechanic that makes him even more obnoxious if he gets ahead in a match, to the point where a comeback would be practically impossible in a 1v1 tournamet setting?

Actually, **** it, give him a bunch of interchangeable Summoner Spells too. You know, a DoT burn, a shield that reduces damage, a full-screen teleport, a blink that's 100% invulnerable...

(You know, for all I meme about Yasuo here, I would legitimately think he'd have a shot if we got a Riot copyright leak a la SNK. Man is one of the most played Champions overall, and his pick rate would be even higher if it wasn't for his stratospheric ban rate.)

Shroob

Sup?
The only proper way to play League of Legends is to install it, play the tutorial, and then never play it again but constantly say "I'll play it some other time"
The only proper way to play League of Legends is:

Install it because all your friends are doing it and wanting you to play with them
Start your first match
Get stomped by a premade
Practice
Do soloq
Get stomped
Buy an expensive skin
Feel immense regret
Cry self to sleep
Play again the next day
"MOM, I CAN'T PAUSE! THERE'S NO PAUSE BUTTON, I'M PLAYING AGAINST REAL PEOPLE!"
Repeat for 4 years
Stop

#RealEvents

SKX31

Smash Master
"Tom and Jerry eSports" has the same incomprehensibly powerful aura as "Big Chungus is in the Looney Toons gacha."
View attachment 310257
What the %$#@
Imagine what would happen if we combined them...
You joke, but competitive tag is a thing in actual sports, you know.

So tbh, part of me isn't surprised at all.
Still, what gets me about this game - Tom and Jerry: Chase - is that it plays quite similarly to how a 2D Dead by Daylight would play. That alone makes it kinda ridicolous to look at its gameplay. Oh, and they're reaching deep into the Tom and Jerry lore (including characters that appeared in like one episode it seems)... only it has not released in the West for some reason.

In that universe, we had Final Smashes from the beginning of the series, Dixie Kong was added in Brawl, and the Ice Climbers were never cut.

On the other hand, Zelda and Sheik are still a package deal in that universe's Ultimate, as are Samus and Zero Suit Samus.
Does that universe's ZSS still spawn with the Final Smash armor pieces? If so, she somehow becomes even more annoying to fight against than she already is.

Oh, what if he also has a level up mechanic that makes him even more obnoxious if he gets ahead in a match, to the point where a comeback would be practically impossible in a 1v1 tournamet setting?

Actually, **** it, give him a bunch of interchangeable Summoner Spells too. You know, a DoT burn, a shield that reduces damage, a full-screen teleport, a blink that's 100% invulnerable...

(You know, for all I meme about Yasuo here, I would legitimately think he'd have a shot if we got a Riot copyright leak a la SNK. Man is one of the most played Champions overall, and his pick rate would be even higher if it wasn't for his stratospheric ban rate.)
Are you describing Dota 2's Ember Spirit IMBA Spirit instead? Because he has most of Yasuo's stuff combined with the Summoner Spells as abilities, plus that mechanic that makes him possibly obnoxious if he's gets ahead - especially if he happens to be strong in the current patch. And that's not getting into what the **** the various different late game items allow him to do if he gets to that point.:4pacman:

The only proper way to play League of Legends is:

Install it because all your friends are doing it and wanting you to play with them
Start your first match
Get stomped by a premade
Practice
Do soloq
Get stomped
Buy an expensive skin
Feel immense regret
Cry self to sleep
Play again the next day
"MOM, I CAN'T PAUSE! THERE'S NO PAUSE BUTTON, I'M PLAYING AGAINST REAL PEOPLE!"
Repeat for 4 years
Stop

#RealEvents
Flashes back to the days when I bought a $25 battle pass in Dota 2 partly so I could get a cosmetic that turned one of the playable characters into a ****ing Companion Cube. Who sings the Portal theme whenever said character kills an opponent.

#IDon'tRegretAnything.

Shroob

Sup?
Still, what gets me about this game - Tom and Jerry: Chase - is that it plays quite similarly to how a 2D Dead by Daylight would play. That alone makes it kinda ridicolous to look at its gameplay. Oh, and they're reaching deep into the Tom and Jerry lore (including characters that appeared in like one episode it seems)... only it has not released in the West for some reason.

Does that universe's ZSS still spawn with the Final Smash armor pieces? If so, she somehow becomes even more annoying to fight against than she already is.

Are you describing Dota 2's Ember Spirit IMBA Spirit instead? Because he has most of Yasuo's stuff combined with the Summoner Spells as abilities, plus that mechanic that makes him possibly obnoxious if he's gets ahead - especially if he happens to be strong in the current patch. And that's not getting into what the **** the various different late game items allow him to do if he gets to that point.:4pacman:

Flashes back to the days when I bought a $25 battle pass in Dota 2 partly so I could get a cosmetic that turned one of the playable characters into a ****ing Companion Cube. Who sings the Portal theme whenever said character kills an opponent.

#IDon'tRegretAnything.
Oh don't even get me started on Dota2.

Another group of friends tried to get me into that, and like...... bleh. Maybe it's just because I had gotten used to how "responsive" LoL was, but Dota2 felt WAY too clunky. I get it was emulating the feel of the Warcraft3 mod, but going from LoL to Dota2 felt like jumping into a severely less polished game, despite knowing it wasn't.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
"Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayubasa, and Doom Slayer are total locks for Smash Ultimate!"

"Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayubasa, and Doom Slayer are total locks for Smash 6/Smash Ultimate port!"
Can’t wait for Smash 6 to be all First Party Base Game lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom