• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Who said they're removing them? The next logical step of Echoes is simply hitbox adjustments.

In a hairbrain theory, Crash and Coco, same exact moveset, just Coco's shorter. "But then why isn't she a melee clone?", because she's not, simple as that.
Hitbox adjustments are fine. This was before the Echo Fighter monicre, but Lucina was slightly shorter than Marth in the previous game, which also gave her slightly less range. Similarly, Daisy's hitbox extends further than Peach's in her idle animation.

Having different proportions is another matter, as it means that you'd have to redo all of the animations rather than just a choice few for flavor. Coco can't be an Echo Fighter for Crash since she has more humanlike proportions, causing her hips and shoulders to be higher and lower on her body respectively than Crash's.

Technomage

Smash Champion

What are everyone's thoughts?
Hmmm, after reading the URL orders, and taking into account that adding one more unique fighter would mess up the release schedule and have FP2 NOT finish before 2022, I deduce that the potential CP 12 would most likely be an echo of CP 11, which would not take even half as long as a unique character would. As for who the character might be, we have a clue where we also contemplate who CP 11 might be. So, without further ado, here are some possible combinations of a unique fighter and its echo:

Crash and Coco Nevermind, someone debunked that possibility
Scorpion and Sub-Zero
Nightmare and Siegfried
Freddy and Springtrap
Zacian and Zamazenta
Sol Badguy and Order Sol
Sora and either Roxas or Ventus
Spyro and Cynder
KOS-MOS and T-elos

Also, here are some combinations that are based on the assumption that Pythra's Mii costume sets do NOT deconfirm more Capcom characters:
Dante and Virgil
Morrigan and Lilith

Assuming Heihach's Mii costume doesn't deconfirm other Tekken chars, there's also Jin and Kazuya.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hitbox adjustments are fine. This was before the Echo Fighter monicre, but Lucina was slightly shorter than Marth in the previous game, which also gave her slightly less range. Similarly, Daisy's hitbox extends further than Peach's in her idle animation.

Having different proportions is another matter, as it means that you'd have to redo all of the animations rather than just a choice few for flavor. Coco can't be an Echo Fighter for Crash since she has more humanlike proportions, causing her hips and shoulders to be higher and lower on her body respectively than Crash's.
At the end of the day, we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmmm, after reading the URL orders, and taking into account that adding one more unique fighter would mess up the release schedule and have FP2 NOT finish before 2022, I deduce that the potential CP 12 would most likely be an echo of CP 11, which would not take even half as long as a unique character would. As for who the character might be, we have a clue where we also contemplate who CP 11 might be. So, without further ado, here are some possible combinations of a unique fighter and its echo:

Scorpion and Sub-Zero
Nightmare and Siegfried
Freddy and Springtrap
Zacian and Zamazenta
Sol Badguy and Order Sol
Spyro and Cynder
KOS-MOS and T-elos

Also, here are some combinations that are based on the assumption that Pythra's Mii costume sets do NOT deconfirm more Capcom characters:
Dante and Virgil
Morrigan and Lilith

Assuming Heihach's Mii costume doesn't deconfirm other Tekken chars, there's also Jin and Kazuya.
ALSO, they could easily share a trailer a la Simon & Richter

and, assuming Sephiroth doesn’t deconfirm further Square Enix characters:
2B and A2
Neku and Rindo

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Scorpion and Sub-Zero
Nightmare and Siegfried
Freddy and Springtrap
Zacian and Zamazenta
Sol Badguy and Order Sol
Spyro and Cynder
KOS-MOS and T-elos

Dante and Virgil
Morrigan and Lilith

Springtrap wouldn't work as a Freddy Echo. Maybe Golden Freddy, but he'd likely be an alt.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Springtrap wouldn't work as a Freddy Echo. Maybe Golden Freddy, but he'd likely be an alt.
Golden Freddy is immobile and gets around with spoopy teleport powers. Even his latest appearance in FNaF AR: Special Delivery has severely limited movement in his latest appearance to reference this. For that reason, I don't think Golden Freddy would even be an alternate costume; just a pallet swap.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If it’s a bonus fighter, then my money is on Waluigi. His disconfirmation easily got the biggest reaction of any character in Ultimate’s lifespan. It got tons of articles written about it & at the very least Reggie knew about it. If they didn’t already know, I assume he told Sakurai & the Smash team. If you want to end the game with a gift to the hardcore Smash fans, then he’s who you go with.

He also wouldn’t need a new stage, music or spirits. It could just be him. Though, a Mario Tennis/Party stage could be fun.
I’m going to add on to this by saying that Waluigi could work despite Sakurai stating the next two are the last. They could be building up to a joke where Waluigi is able to cheat his way in at the last second.

Maaaaybe this could work for Undertale too since that’s a very humorous game too. I could see Nintendo trying to work that out at the last minute due to the Sans Mii’s success.

SKX31

Smash Master
Come on and slam.
And welcome to the jam.

I'm looking forward to Space Jam 2, including people who will produce "serious" documentaries about LeBron playing a basketball game for his son's freedom in front of King Kong, the Flintstones and Arnold's Mr Freeze from Batman & Robin (yeah, really). Just like this "serious" documentary about Michael Jordan saving his own freedom in the original Space Jam.

Fighter 11 is Scorpion and the Bonus character is Sub-Zero. They’re like Mythra and Pyra where most of their moves are the same but their specials are different and Sub-Zero is slightly faster.

I will it into existence.
This is how Max and Kenny win.
I'm 100 % taking this timeline and will help you will this into existence. Thank you very much!

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I feel like another Mii class would be better as base roster for the next game, it would be really strange to have it as the last character, after all of the waves of Mii Costumes have already come out
Who says the end of the Fighters Passes means the end of Mii Costumes?

as there are so many DLC and base mii fighters that would fit the mage class (Ashley, Viridi, Aerith, Veronica) that have already been locked in as swordfighters.
Who says they're locked? They could switch them over at any time. We've already had instances in Ultimate where your old Mii's were locked out until you updated them because things relating to them changed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty sure echoes are just characters they could make by reusing assets of already existing characters. In particular, a character's skeleton in probably reused. Even if movesets are occasionally different. All echoes share the original's skeleton and use their moveset as a base.

This would also explain why Isabelle was stated to have been impossible to include as an echo. Even if her moveset has similarities to Villager, her design is so different that they'd have to make a new skeleton for her.

Pillow

Smash Lord
And welcome to the jam.

I'm looking forward to Space Jam 2, including people who will produce "serious" documentaries about LeBron playing a basketball game for his son's freedom in front of King Kong, the Flintstones and Arnold's Mr Freeze from Batman & Robin (yeah, really). Just like this "serious" documentary about Michael Jordan saving his own freedom in the original Space Jam.
Yeah it looks fun. Also daily reminder that Lebron James is technically a video game character :V

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If it’s a bonus fighter, then my money is on Waluigi. His disconfirmation easily got the biggest reaction of any character in Ultimate’s lifespan. It got tons of articles written about it & at the very least Reggie knew about it. If they didn’t already know, I assume he told Sakurai & the Smash team. If you want to end the game with a gift to the hardcore Smash fans, then he’s who you go with.

He also wouldn’t need a new stage, music or spirits. It could just be him. Though, a Mario Tennis/Party stage could be fun.
You do realise the backlash was overexaggerated, right?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Alternatively what if the slot is for Kasumi as a semi clone or unique fighter . We know that Joker's costume file implied that she was intended to be an alt costume before that was scrapped and Vol 2 does have the theme of 2nd chances. :4pacman:
That'd actually be interesting. It'd finally solve that "Jane" mystery.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Alternatively what if the slot is for Kasumi as a semi clone or unique fighter . We know that Joker's costume file implied that she was intended to be an alt costume before that was scrapped and Vol 2 does have the theme of 2nd chances. :4pacman:
For some reason I thought you were talking about Mythra at the start...I don't even think that's her Japanese name why did I think that?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
in that post someone potentially countered by noting that the japanese website listings for FP2 are in sequence without any skipped numbers
That is worth noting.

I don't think this 100% kills it because the NZ site might have actually screwed up and the other websites don't number things in the same way. It could very well kill it. but It's not 100% over until it's over.

SKX31

Smash Master
Yeah it looks fun. Also daily reminder that Lebron James is technically a video game character :V
So is MJ. In fact, he's a SNES classic:

So would Nintendo choose MJ, who's been on a Nintendo-exclusive game, has the original Space Jam and is the Mario of the NBA; or LeBron, who's more recent and got the promotional angle since he's not only the Steve of the NBA, but also has Space Jam 2? Or maybe go Shaq / Barkley? :4pacman:

That is worth noting.

I don't think this 100% kills it because the NZ site might have actually screwed up and the other websites don't number things in the same way. It could very well kill it. but It's not 100% over until it's over.
It's worth noting that it was the EU site IIRC which screwed up the SNK copyright, so I don't think it 100 % kills it either. But still, it's worth noting in this context.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
in that post someone potentially countered by noting that the japanese website listings for FP2 are in sequence without any skipped numbers
Interestingly, someone else also showcased the JSON strings for the error messages on both the "extra" slot and also a random number. They display different error messages, with the slot actually displaying a page with empty information, while the random number returns a "404-esque" message.

This implies that either: the extra slot is indeed there as a temporary placeholder for something else and only the NZ website has it for some reason; or it's truly an error in the NZ site's numbering.

Whatever the case, the next few months are gonna be interesting. Especially if this slot is found somewhere else.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That is worth noting.

It's worth noting that it was the EU site IIRC which screwed up the SNK copyright, so I don't think it 100 % kills it either. But still, it's worth noting in this context.
So essentially, the sites operate independently, and thus it would be more likely for mistakes to only affect one of them, meaning the others don't really give us any new information on the leak?

toonito

Smash Ace
Interestingly, someone else also showcased the JSON strings for the error messages on both the "extra" slot and also a random number. They display different error messages, with the slot actually displaying a page with empty information, while the random number returns a "404-esque" message.

This implies that either: the extra slot is indeed there as a temporary placeholder for something else and only the NZ website has it for some reason; or it's truly an error in the NZ site's numbering.

Whatever the case, the next few months are gonna be interesting. Especially if this slot is found somewhere else.
interesting

at this point its something to keep an eye on; not conclusive at this point

who knows the alleged "extra content" may not even be a character it could be a stage or music only pack

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Honestly

If the Slot was a bonus fighter, I Imagine they just wouldn't give the character for free regarding Pass 2, especially if it's a character like Waluigi who many people would pay for anyway

What I could see is that it's something you may get if you bought BOTH FP1 and FP2, as a Free bonus for those that bought both passes, and perhaps early access, as I don't imagine they won't make the Bonus character purchasable later

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly

If the Slot was a bonus fighter, I Imagine they just wouldn't give the character for free regarding Pass 2, especially if it's a character like Waluigi who many people would pay for anyway

What I could see is that it's something you may get if you bought BOTH FP1 and FP2, as a Free bonus for those that bought both passes, and perhaps early access, as I don't imagine they won't make the Bonus character purchasable later
Honestly I can kinda see that being the case especially since PP was a bonus for getting the game early (was made purchasable later)

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Honestly

So, what character would make a great bonus for supporting the DLC from the beginning?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
A quick update: I actually went to the JP website and... well, it didn't tell me much, because the numbers for each Pack are completely different and don't seem to follow any order.

Min Min, for example, is 70050000018954.

Pyra and Mythra, though, are 70070000009786. They're pretty much listed in different sections altogether.

Tested the Brazilian, US, and Portugal sites, but they all operate in their own way. Unless we can find a different site that uses the same kind of ordering, we won't be able to check this out in full.

On a sidenote, I used Google translate to navigate the JP site and man...

First, Japanese Miitopia is a tad darker:

1.png

Then we get into Pyra and Mythra's Challenger Pack and find out that A - Mythra is apparently our scariest character yet:

2.png

And B - Pyra's sword is apparently pretty comfy:

3.png

Finally, you know how we meme that Sakurai kills characters every trailer? Well:

4.png

Truly, this was... a journey indeed. :roll:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Honestly

Yeah that’s sort of what I was thinking in the case that this is a bonus fighter specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom