• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
So I guess we've gotten our first look at that scary "post-Fighter Pass 2" world that's awaiting ahead of us, huh? This is very interesting.

Well, it's a potential sign of there being some ambiguous extra thing; be it an extra unique fighter, echo, music pack, stage pack or who knows what. Now I'm just interested in how long the code for those DLCs on the site has been like this.

Well, the most disappointing outcome that can come out of this is either absolutely nothing or a bundle that contains all of the DLC characters (FP1+FP2). But considering this is literally a "leak" from Nintendo themselves, and taking the numbering into account, I think those two possibilities are looking pretty unlikely. Can't wait to see further developments on this.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I guess we've gotten our first look at that scary "post-Fighter Pass 2" world that's awaiting ahead of us, huh? This is very interesting.

Well, it's a potential sign of there being some ambiguous extra thing; be it an extra unique fighter, echo, music pack, stage pack or who knows what. Now I'm just interested in how long the code for those DLCs on the site has been like this.

Well, the most disappointing outcome that can come out of this is either absolutely nothing or a bundle that contains all of the DLC characters (FP1+FP2). But considering this is literally a "leak" from Nintendo themselves, and taking the numbering into account, I think those two possibilities are looking pretty unlikely. Can't wait to see further developments on this.
We’ve kinda already ruled out a dual FP1+FP2 bundle a few pages back

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
A quick update: I actually went to the JP website and... well, it didn't tell me much, because the numbers for each Pack are completely different and don't seem to follow any order.

Min Min, for example, is 70050000018954.

Pyra and Mythra, though, are 70070000009786. They're pretty much listed in different sections altogether.

Tested the Brazilian, US, and Portugal sites, but they all operate in their own way. Unless we can find a different site that uses the same kind of ordering, we won't be able to check this out in full.

On a sidenote, I used Google translate to navigate the JP site and man...

First, Japanese Miitopia is a tad darker:

View attachment 309840

Then we get into Pyra and Mythra's Challenger Pack and find out that A - Mythra is apparently our scariest character yet:

View attachment 309841

And B - Pyra's sword is apparently pretty comfy:

View attachment 309842

Finally, you know how we meme that Sakurai kills characters every trailer? Well:

View attachment 309843

Truly, this was... a journey indeed. :roll:
A fluffy sword for a fluffy person.

Wait, that came out wrong...

7NATOR

Smash Master
A quick update: I actually went to the JP website and... well, it didn't tell me much, because the numbers for each Pack are completely different and don't seem to follow any order.

Min Min, for example, is 70050000018954.

Pyra and Mythra, though, are 70070000009786. They're pretty much listed in different sections altogether.

Tested the Brazilian, US, and Portugal sites, but they all operate in their own way. Unless we can find a different site that uses the same kind of ordering, we won't be able to check this out in full.

On a sidenote, I used Google translate to navigate the JP site and man...

First, Japanese Miitopia is a tad darker:

View attachment 309840

Then we get into Pyra and Mythra's Challenger Pack and find out that A - Mythra is apparently our scariest character yet:

View attachment 309841

View attachment 309842

Finally, you know how we meme that Sakurai kills characters every trailer? Well:

View attachment 309843

At least for the Japanesse Site, Unlike the New Zealand site (I think it's new zealand, I'm unsure), the ordering is very weird

The Fighters, Mii Costumes, and Bonus content (Like Plant and Rex Mii) all have different numberings from each other

Here's joker's and Hero's

Here's Tails and Knuckles, and then Nakoruru and Iori (sets of Mii Costumes have different numbering groups it seems

and then here's Plant and Rex Mii

Here's the Fighter Pass 1 bundle itself

Fighter Pass 2 I believe operates the same, but the numbering I.D differ from Fighter Pass 1

So to be honest, I'm not sure if the Japanesse site having differing ordering is a debunk, especially since we know the Id link that points to some bonus content will be used in the future/

SKX31

Smash Master

View attachment 309841
Perfectly describes how it feels to fight Mythra TBF. Or Sonic for that matter.

View attachment 309842
A fluffy sword for a fluffy person.

Wait, that came out wrong...
Coming soon - Nintendo's partnership with IKEA:

The sofa "SMÄLLLÅGA" (Smash Flare).

:roll:

View attachment 309843

"I'm starting to think this was premeditated" - GLaDOS, Dota 2.

:4pacman:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nah man, Mythra ain't our first character canonically faster than the speed of light.
pushes up glasses

Um, actually Mythra can't reach lightspeed without [SPOILERS], which isn't included in her abilityset in Super Smash Bros. due to Rex not being involved.

This reminds me of how I was thinking just how much of a problem Jin would be if he were to be put into a story mode. Legit, you'd have to have something like tricking him into an encounter with Jigglypuff's Sing, or some normally completely bonkers and unnecessary strat like Monado Speed + Super Sonic.

Malos isn't much better since very few characters have abilities that counteract, nullify, or prevent Malos's ability to delete things.
EDIT: Amusingly, Sing is one such ability because it's overpowered in all contexts except gameplay.

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
If this ends up being a bonus character, it could come with a stage and music (and a spirit board), even if it's unlikely. I don't think people should immediately rule anything out yet. (Except FP3, if this is real it kills the chances of that happening).

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Double post
At least for the Japanesse Site, Unlike the New Zealand site (I think it's new zealand, I'm unsure), the ordering is very weird

The Fighters, Mii Costumes, and Bonus content (Like Plant and Rex Mii) all have different numberings from each other

Here's joker's and Hero's

Here's Tails and Knuckles, and then Nakoruru and Iori (sets of Mii Costumes have different numbering groups it seems

and then here's Plant and Rex Mii

Here's the Fighter Pass 1 bundle itself

Fighter Pass 2 I believe operates the same, but the numbering I.D differ from Fighter Pass 1

So to be honest, I'm not sure if the Japanesse site having differing ordering is a debunk, especially since we know the Id link that points to some bonus content will be used in the future/
My theory is that if we are getting anything (even if it's just a Mii Costume), most sites probably numbered it in such a way that this extra fighter slot could easily just have been saved for last instead. Meanwhile, whoever set up the site for where we found the skipped-over slot ordered that differently. That spot is unlikely to just mean absolutely nothing.

This feels like a Terry SNK leak situation from Nintendo UK where it was a clear mixup yet I remember some saying it was a mixup on the site with some other SNK game.

Also, on the subject of echoes, if one of the new challengers does get one, It would probably be on the same exact page instead of its own.

Oh and Crash could probably actually get Coco as an echo. A lot of animations could be the same and their sizes are about the same in Crash 4. She's already a sort of echo fighter in Crash games.

Ryu and Ken have some different animations. Peach is slightly taller than Daisy. They have to already make different taunt and victory animations for echoes so it really shouldn't be out of the question.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Only thing left I can think of is seeing the individual URLs from the eShop itself. Standard proxy server stuff doesn't work with the eShop sadly. So the only method I can think having some sort of result is loading the eShop into a PC Browser. This can actually be done if you dump your Switch's own eShop cert, but you need a modified switch to do it.

And... well... I thought about doing that, but apparently, that could mean instaban. So... that changed my mind real quick.

So... I'm only posting this just in-case someone here is tech savy enough to do this and has an expendable switch :p

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Oh and Crash could probably actually get Coco as an echo. A lot of animations could be the same and their sizes are about the same in Crash 4. She's already a sort of echo fighter in Crash games.
This is false. While Crash and Coco are of similar height, their proportions are different enough that they wouldn't be able to use the same skeleton.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Echo DLC would have a clamoring of people begging for an Echo Fighter's Pass lol

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
This is false. While Crash and Coco are of similar height, their proportions are different enough that they wouldn't be able to use the same skeleton.
Not tech-savvy at all when it comes to game development but you could probably just slightly move the skeleton points to make it fit and tweak any needed animations that break, right? Considering what they've done for the Crash games between Crash and Coco exactly the same already except for some animations, it can't be too much of a difference that they wouldn't be able to make it work. Even the hurt-boxes don't seem to need much tweaking. It is DLC, and the Smash team is the type to go the extra mile. A few skeleton or animation tweaks for an echo is probably way less to ask them than completely reworking all stages for a couple of cubes.

I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if it can't work well in the Smash context so whatever.

Echo DLC would have a clamoring of people begging for an Echo Fighter's Pass lol
I already want that really bad lol. I'm hoping maybe that's what this mystery slot means. Shadow, Big Boss, Dixie, Impa, Octoling, etc. would be so cool to see this way. Just a little extra thing before they stop updating Ultimate that Sakurai wouldn't even really need to be a part of if he doesn't want to. For all we know, they've been developing this on the side to give us right at the end. As a little "One more thing."

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually, you know what's crazy

I just remembered that I actually did have someone DM me about there being some type of Free Bonus character regarding DLC after FP1 actually. This was back in September of 2019. In particular, they said it be Bandana Dee.

Granted, to be honest I never took it that seriously since their guess at Fighter Pass 5 was wrong, along with other Info being wrong. with that being said. I don't think the info was very reliable to say the least, even if it did guess at somethings, though it's interesting that this Website thing as come up that would back up the claim of the bonus fighter perhaps

I also know that Fatmanonice was adamant about some type of Bonus character happening

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Actually, you know what's crazy

I just remembered that I actually did have someone DM me about there being some type of Free Bonus character regarding DLC after FP1 actually. This was back in September of 2019. In particular, they said it be Bandana Dee.

Granted, to be honest I never took it that seriously since their guess at Fighter Pass 5 was wrong, along with other Info being wrong. with that being said. I don't think the info was very reliable to say the least, even if it did guess at somethings, though it's interesting that this Website thing as come up that would back up the claim of the bonus fighter perhaps

I also know that Fatmanonice was adamant about some type of Bonus character happening
I doubt whoever said that actually knew anything, since that would have been more than a year ago now, and possibly two years before this possible bonus character is added. Besides, a bonus character isn't exactly a new idea.

(Also, where do I have to go to get random people to give me fake smash leaks? It sounds fun).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I doubt whoever said that actually knew anything, since that would have been more than a year ago now, and possibly two years before this possible bonus character is added. Besides, a bonus character isn't exactly a new idea.

(Also, where do I have to go to get random people to give me fake smash leaks? It sounds fun).
Ever heard of 4Chan? It's like Chan, but with a 4.

Wait, is there a site called "Chan"?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The more I think about this, the more I think it wouldn't be a stage.

Most returning stages are either kinda redundant (Mute City, Sector Z, Planet Zebes), not well-liked (Infinite Glacier and Rumble Falls) or have some technical issues (Orbital Gate Assault and Jungle Hijinx, if I remember correctly). The only exceptions imo would be Poké Floats or Wooly World.

As for a new stage... I dunno, it doesn't click for me. A stage can be even more work than a fighter, depending on what you put in there. Unless it's literally just th WoL Final Battle version of FD or someting, it's hard for me to see it happening. Even the Boss Stages would have happened by now if we were getting them, methinks.

Finally - and this is the most disputable point - for a while now, the way they split the Radom button in three has bothered me. Why would they do that when every stage switched between Normal, BF and FD forms the same way? If the function works fine, why go through the trouble to change how it looks?

But then I counted the post-Volume 2 slots in the CSS and realized we'll be left with three empty ones. So I think it's probably a style choice - at the end of DLC, they might "double" the three random buttons so they appear both at the start and the end of the CSS.

I think I agree with what PapaGenos said in his video - if this means anything, it's probably either another Mii Costume or a bonus fighter.

7NATOR

Smash Master

It was a dude from Smashfaqs that Dm'ed me about it

He's not present on the site anymore. In any case, he was talking about things like how Dante was Fighter 5, How Ubisoft will get some content (he specifically said Rabbids), How Level-5 will get content, Bandana Dee might be a free bonus, Namco will get a fighter that's not Lloyd and will come with Arcade sounding music, How Waluigi, Shadow, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman were being considered for an upgrade, How SMRPG was gonna have 2 music tracks, and that there was 10-15 fighters after FP1 in terms of the Estimate

as you can see, some stuff was wrong, some stuff was right, but I don't think it was too reliable, but it was still interesting at the least

Ah dammit, I was looking forward to that bonus character. Guess that’s the end of that.
I do actually believe Fatman did have some inside info

The problem is that the Inside info alot of the time was probably very vague, and he Speculated way too much about what that info could mean, instead of just taking it at Face value

Plus to be honest, I Imagine alot of the info he heard was probably also heard by more credible people as well

I know he prided himself at not being a Leaker, but a "Speculator with Inside info". Though by definition he still was a Leaker since he leaked out info the Public wouldn't know about , and as a leaker he was heavily unreliable and was very focused on the Speculation side of things

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think I agree with what PapaGenos said in his video - if this means anything, it's probably either another Mii Costume or a bonus fighter.
And on top of that, I also find it hard to believe it would be a new Mii Costume. Just as fighters revealed later have a higher listing number, why would a Mii Costume that releases after Ancient Armor precede its listing number?

Not to mention it’d just be... kinda odd to release another Mii Costume as part of FP2 now? Unless it was something REALLY special, Rex and Ancient Armor were just incentives to buy so I struggle to find a good reason they wouldn’t just sell it as a normal costume.

I think it’s either an additional fighter or a listing accident. Might be safer to assume the latter for now, but the whole situation has opened up a really interesting new avenue for speculation.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about this, the more I think it wouldn't be a stage.

Most returning stages are either kinda redundant (Mute City, Sector Z, Planet Zebes), not well-liked (Infinite Glacier and Rumble Falls) or have some technical issues (Orbital Gate Assault and Jungle Hijinx, if I remember correctly). The only exceptions imo would be Poké Floats or Wooly World.

As for a new stage... I dunno, it doesn't click for me. A stage can be even more work than a fighter, depending on what you put in there. Unless it's literally just th WoL Final Battle version of FD or someting, it's hard for me to see it happening. Even the Boss Stages would have happened by now if we were getting them, methinks.

Finally - and this is the most disputable point - for a while now, the way they split the Radom button in three has bothered me. Why would they do that when every stage switched between Normal, BF and FD forms the same way? If the function works fine, why go through the trouble to change how it looks?

But then I counted the post-Volume 2 slots in the CSS and realized we'll be left with three empty ones. So I think it's probably a style choice - at the end of DLC, they might "double" the three random buttons so they appear both at the start and the end of the CSS.

On the topic of stages, something that would be really cool but truly unlikely would be to see some more new series just get stages as their representation.

Many series are notable enough for Smash but just don't feel likely for one reason or another. (Take your pick). Wouldn't it be nice to see a stage that comes with 2 or three songs? I guess this would be a similar situation to Hanenbow.

Unlikely example, but say we get Dust 2 from Counter-Strike as a stage? What about a stage from the map of Fortnite or League of Legends?? A Rocket League stage? A proper Monster Hunter stage? A Tetris stage? A Beat Saber stage? A Rhythm Heaven stage? A real Pac-Maze stage? etc. Sure, many I mentioned could get fighters, but if they don't, this could still be a cooler thing to give them than a Mii Costume.

There are so many stages I don't think about or really care for in Ultimate since many blend together but seeing more unique series getting stages would totally keep them in my mind. It also expands the crossover Smash has.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
And on top of that, I also find it hard to believe it would be a new Mii Costume. Just as fighters revealed later have a higher listing number, why would a Mii Costume that releases after Ancient Armor precede its listing number?
Y'know, that's a great point actually.

I've been trying really hard to keep my expectations in check here and just assume it'll be a Mii Costume bonus for buying both packs, but you're hurting my realism with that point.

I'm trying to think of a rebuttal from the top of my head but I can't. I at least believe it means something rather than nothing but I don't wanna get too hopeful for a new fighter or even some echo bundle.

Shroob

Sup?
If it is a bonus character, I feel pretty confident that that would shoot down a FP3 in cold blood.

The only reason I could see it being a bonus character, and not an echo, would be a sort of "One more thing before we go" kinda deal, one final surprise before everything barring balance adjustments closes shop. That way they can pull out a surprise at the end while also saying "This game has 90 characters!"

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Not to mention it’d just be... kinda odd to release another Mii Costume as part of FP2 now? Unless it was something REALLY special, Rex and Ancient Armor were just incentives to buy so I struggle to find a good reason they wouldn’t just sell it as a normal costume.

I think it’s either an additional fighter or a listing accident. Might be safer to assume the latter for now, but the whole situation has opened up a really interesting new avenue for speculation.
Y'know, that's a great point actually.

I've been trying really hard to keep my expectations in check here and just assume it'll be a Mii Costume bonus for buying both packs, but you're hurting my realism with that point.

I'm trying to think of a rebuttal from the top of my head but I can't. I at least believe it means something rather than nothing but I don't wanna get too hopeful for a new fighter or even some echo bundle.
At the very least, the position before the Ancient Gear would mean whatever is in that slot was planned for a while as part of Volume 2 - which is part of why I believe it would be a Bonus for those who bought Volume 1 as well.

It still could be a Mii Costume, though - they could have just left a placeholder and decided on that specific costume a bit later. Like "ok, we know we're giving another Bonus anyway, so we prepare the shop for that and let the devs decide later".

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
See, people love to say that, and yet each Volume arguably only gave us a single character that arguably really expanded the playerbase ( :ultjoker: and :ultsephiroth:).

The rest were either first parties (:ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultpyra:) or had a sizable enough presence or following in the Nintendo fanbase so that I'm willing to bet a good number of their fans already had bought Smash and the Passes (:ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve:).
Most of the Minecraft fandom play on PC, they definitely deserve to be considered as a new audience for Smash Bros which further proves my point. Hero and Banjo and Kazooie are likely characters from the Smash Ballot that were valuable enough to sell seperately from the base roster of Smash Bros Ultimate.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, the position before the Ancient Gear would mean whatever is in that slot was planned for a while as part of Volume 2 - which is part of why I believe it would be a Bonus for those who bought Volume 1 as well.

It still could be a Mii Costume, thoug - they could have just left a placeholder and decided on that specific costume a bit later. Like "ok, we know we're giving another Bonus anyway, so we prepare the shop for that and let the devs decide later".
Yeah, great point. The only place that screwed up was the Australian and/or New Zeland site so this potential FP1+FP2 bonus Mii Costume could've just been ordered incorrectly in one region.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Most of the Minecraft fandom play on PC, they definitely deserve to be considered as a new audience for Smash Bros which further proves my point. Hero and Banjo and Kazooie are likely characters from the Smash Ballot that were valuable enough to sell seperately from the base roster of Smash Bros Ultimate.
Over 200,000,000 copies of Minecraft have been sold, so it's safe to say no matter what, Steve's inclusion got plenty of new eyes on the Super Smash Bros. series.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Most of the Minecraft fandom play on PC
Maybe the more "hardcore" fans (if that's a thing) play on pc, but the switch is the most popular platform for the casual audience who plays Minecraft. The switch version of Minecraft is usually within the best-selling games every month in a variety of countries, outselling versions on other platforms by quite a lot (and that's just the physical sales, as far as I know).

RiuBert

Smash Rookie
I have faith in New Zealand. They've given us a pretty cool bird, a pretty cool fruit, and Taika Waititi (ironically all three of these things can be called kiwis). They won't let us down now.
Hey, I am the OP of the original thread, and I got to say that not only the NZ website has this missing URL but the AU website aswell. I noticed this because by googling the codes of fighters 10 and 11, one redirected me to the NZ website and the other redirected me to the AU website. At first I thought the prices were changing because both regions use "$" as currency but later I realized it was because Nintendo has the NZ and AU regions separated from each other. Only these two websites I could find have a dedicated website for fighters 10 and 11.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the more "hardcore" fans (if that's a thing) play on pc, but the switch is the most popular platform for the casual audience who plays Minecraft. The switch version of Minecraft is usually within the best-selling games every month in a variety of countries, outselling versions on other platforms by quite a lot (and that's just the physical sales, as far as I know).
Even if all 80 million Nintendo Switches that have been sold have Minecraft, which they don't. That still doesn't account for the other 120,000,000 copies of Minecraft on other platforms.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Galleom's I think is supposed to be a pseudo-Shadow Moses Island. Like how Giga Bowser and Dracula use Final Destination and Dracula's Castle. That said, Ancestral Steppes(Rathalos' stage), fallen Hyrule Castle(Ganon's stage) and Marx's stage(while it would make sense to be Milky Way Wishes, I don't know if it is as it doesn't resemble any planet or area from MWW) as new stages would be awesome.
Marx’s stage is based on the area Kirby originally fought him on I believe, just recreated to be more realistic as a fighting spot instead of a trippy planet that keeps moving underneath your feet. So, I guess just a more “realistic”-looking version of the planet.

At least, I think the original is supposed to be a planet; there’s a star pattern on the original, but it also looks like there’s hills in the background, with the rest of space in the sky...and of course, you’re on something in space during his World of Light fight...

Shroob

Sup?
I think a big question is:

If this is a unique character, how will they be handed out?

If they're 3rd party, no way in hell they're given for free(For a limited time). If they're 3rd party, they'd almost 100% be paid-for separately from FP2.

If they're 1st party, I absolutely could see a Piranha Plant scenario play out again(Free, for a limited time).

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That's wrong, actually. It's mobile, followed closely by consoles. PC is actually the least popular platform in several regions.

Not to mention Bedrock Edition was the best selling game on the EShop for a week or two when it came out. There was definitely a lot of overlap already by the time Steve came out. It can only count as a new audience if the only factor you're considering is the sheer size of it, and not the connection between the Minecraft fanbase and Nintendo.

Which is my point, really. Most DLC caracters so far already had a place to stand among Nintendo fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom