• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiuBert

Smash Rookie
Hmm...

Anyone able to check the US site's codes? Either I can't check the page because I already purchased it, or I just have no idea how to work it.
I guess I found them, on the official smashbros.nintendo.com website, on the DLC section, and as I can see the codes for the fighters are actually slightly different than EU/OCE (and obv JP) codes, but I can't find any information for the Mii customes. All these links are for puchasing the DLCs on the US, so when i try to enter these websites I get an error message because I am not from the US, if you can please try to access these links with your Nintendo account:
Piranha Plant: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000008421
Byleth: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000008426
Rex Mii custome?: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000008427
MinMin: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000018961
Pyra/Mythra: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000018964
Pack 10?: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000018965
Pack 11?: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000018966

Mysterious pack 12?: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000018967
Zelda Mii custome?: https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000018968
Edit: so these 2 codes are actually for MinMin and Steve on the NZ/AU websites. So between US Pack 11 and NZ/EU/AU MinMin there is no gap in between. I still wonder where the Zelda US custome is

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well the best I can do is share the different error messages I get for each listing.

Here's what I see for Pyra and Mythra.

1617500743538.png

Fighter #11

1617500870061.png

Here's the mystery code, and the same thing pops up when I put in the code for the Ancient Armor... AND the presumed Rex Costume code, so perhaps the US website works under slightly different conditions as well, particularly in regards to the Mii Costumes.

If there's an additional character, it seems like their page just doesn't exist yet.

1617500673074.png

Last edited:

RiuBert

Smash Rookie
Well the best I can do is share the different error messages I get for each listing.

View attachment 309868

Fighter #11

View attachment 309869

Here's the mystery code, and the same thing pops up when I put in the code for the Ancient Armor... AND the presumed Rex Costume code, so perhaps the US website works under slightly different conditions as well, particularly in regards to the Mii Costumes.

If there's an additional character, it seems like their page just doesn't exist yet.

View attachment 309867
Well I might guess that you cannot buy The Rex or the Zelda customes because they are included as part of their passes... but still, where is the code for US Zelda custome? I cannot find it... maybe it is the same as NZ/AU/EU? no idea

SharkLord

Smash Hero

View attachment 309868

Fighter #11

View attachment 309869

View attachment 309867
Min Min has the same code as Pyra. I think that's the code for already-released characters, though I can't check any of the other fighters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Min Min has the same code as Pyra. I think that's the code for already-released characters, though I can't check any of the other fighters.
As far as their numerical code goes, Min Min ends in 8961 and Pyra / Mythra in 8964.
The error code is exactly the same though, if that's what you were referring to.

Just for reference, Byleth is 70050000008426 - so there's a notable numerical gap between the passes - and then the code after that is unable to display. Interestingly it gives me the same error that Fighter 11 had (so presumably for unreleased content?).

1617501649898.png

I'm not sure how far we can get with this one really. Feel like it may be a lost cause and probably works a bit differently as well.

Last edited:

RiuBert

Smash Rookie
I got to say that for Pass 2 fighters the codes are actually not very consistent for what I can tell:
54 - 60: JP MinMin - Zelda Gear custome
61 - 66: US MinMin - Pack 11 (missing Zelda Gear custome)
67 - 74: EU/AU/NZ MinMin - Zelda Gear custome, with 73 a blank space
Maybe the code 73 is actually for the US Zelda Gear custome? That would explain why you get an error message, because you cannot buy it since it is included as part of pass 2?
https://ec.nintendo.com/aoc_purchase_confirm?aoc=70050000018973

I am not sure, it might be a possibilty

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I got to say that for Pass 2 fighters the codes are actually not very consistent for what I can tell:
61 - 66: US MinMin - Pyra/Mythra
67 - 74: EU/AU/NZ MinMin - Zelda Gear, with 73 a blank space
Maybe the code 73 is actually for the US Zelda Gear custome? That would explain why you get an error message, because you cannot buy it since it is included as part of pass 2?

Code 73 isn't for the US Zelda Mii Costume. I just tried it and it says content is currently unavailable.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
As far as their numerical code goes, Min Min ends in 8961 and Pyra / Mythra in 8964.
The error code is exactly the same though, if that's what you were referring to.

Just for reference, Byleth is 70050000008426 - so there's a notable numerical gap between the passes - and then the code after that is unable to display. Interestingly it gives me the same error that Fighter 11 had (so presumably for unreleased content?).

View attachment 309877

I'm not sure how far we can get with this one really. Feel like it may be a lost cause and probably works a bit differently as well.
Yeah, it seems kinda awkward to work with. I dunno how we even got those codes to put in the search bar. So we know something's up with AU/NZ, Japan has no gap, and who knows with the US.

RiuBert

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it seems kinda awkward to work with. I dunno how we even got those codes to put in the search bar. So we know something's up with AU/NZ, Japan has no gap, and who knows with the US.
I have no idea how their codes work because I dont work at Nintendo, I guess the only plausible way to guess all of them would be by bruteforcing every code manually or by making a script that does it for you

cothero

Smash Lord
Honestly, i'm more and more convinced that every fighter from this pass will be characters from companies already involved with smash. We're at the last two fighters and still no sign of characters from new companies (like Activision, Blizzard, etc.).

Also, no Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Tales and Dragalia Lost spirit events/mii costumes yet, which makes me even more sus that any of those franchises may get a fighter.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Honestly, i'm more and more convinced that every fighter from this pass will be characters from companies already involved with smash. We're at the last two fighter and no sign of characters from new companies.

Also, no Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Tales and Dragalia Lost spirit events/mii costumes yet, which makes me even more sus that any of those franchises may get a fighter.
We had four third-parties in a row. Then we got Byleth. Patterns do set a precedent, but I don't think we should be so adamant that they hold.

cothero

Smash Lord
You said you didn't think we'd get a new third-party because we're at the last two fighters. I said that Byleth was the last character of FP1 and was the sole first-party, and that patterns can be broken at the moment.
Read again. I said that i don't think we'll get characters from NEW third-party companies, only from companies altready represented in smash (like Sega and Capcom, for exemple).

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Another possible option to me is Sora. In every game he was DLC in, he was a time limited offer which doesn't work with the Fighter's Pass. But as an individual DLC character it would be plausible and Nintendo unfortunately has recently done a time limited stunt with Mario. Question is though would he have what the FP character's have or be like Corrin with only the character and some music(which would probably play on the stages where the misc music is).

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Read again. I said that i don't think we'll get characters from NEW third-party companies, only from companies altready represented in smash (like Sega and Capcom, for exemple).
Exactly, SharkLord is saying that what we've seen so far wouldn't be solid enough to completely rule out new companies for Smash. Technically, the DLC Mii Costumes brought in new companies like Bethesda with Vault Boy so the argument that they wouldn't talk to new companies makes no real sense.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Honestly, i'm more and more convinced that every fighter from this pass will be characters from companies already involved with smash. We're at the last two fighters and still no sign of characters from new companies (like Activision, Blizzard, etc.).

Well that was true with the previous pass as well, with the exception of Terry. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the next fighter we got was the only not from a company with a char already represented in Smash.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Well that was true with the previous pass as well, with the exception of Terry. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the next fighter we got was the only not from a company with a char already represented in Smash.
To be fair, Mojang with Minecraft and Atlus with Persona count as new companies too as far as the copyright section at the bottom is concerned. For all we know, that's the way Nintendo looks at it and not what higherup company owns them?? Maybe they look at it both ways?? I'm pretty sure Pokemon has like 3 companies tied to it in that little section.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
To be fair, Mojang with Minecraft and Atlus with Persona count as new companies too as far as the copyright section at the bottom is concerned. For all we know, that's the way Nintendo looks at it and not what higherup company owns them?? Maybe they look at it both ways??
Technically speaking, if we count Joker then Steve counts as a new company with Mojang. I think that helps the "new companies are still possible," but I'm not sure how dealing with subsidiaries compares to full companies.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Banjo too, actually. We didn't have a Microsoft rep until then.
Oh yeah, Banjo is just so dam forgettable, which is ironic because he was so highly requested.

Another possible option to me is Sora. In every game he was DLC in, he was a time limited offer which doesn't work with the Fighter's Pass. But as an individual DLC character it would be plausible and Nintendo unfortunately has recently done a time limited stunt with Mario. Question is though would he have what the FP character's have or be like Corrin with only the character and some music(which would probably play on the stages where the misc music is).
I think the next two characters will be third party so i think the extra one would be first party. I'm actually banking on a Pokemon, to promote upcoming Pokemon Legends game(maybe that Grass bird, forgot its name). My most wanted would personally be Astral Chain but I think thats unlikely

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Technically speaking, if we count Joker then Steve counts as a new company with Mojang. I think that helps the "new companies are still possible," but I'm not sure how dealing with subsidiaries compares to full companies.
Isn't Monolith Soft credited seperately despite being owned by Nintendo? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It's called Decidueye.
Thanks. I suppose equally likely is Breath of the Wild II Rep. Maybe that second Zelda char people have been speculating about. Actually I don't think we'll be able to make a good guess until E3. Then we'll have a better idea of what games are in Nintendo's pipeline.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I wonder how much it truly matters to Nintendo and Sakurai. I'm pretty sure their main priority for DLC as a whole is to pick the most objectively worthwhile characters to celebrate Nintendo, gaming, and be varied enough so many different people can find something to like here. Sometimes it's a character that has been a long time coming and other times it was a newer character that just made the most sense for what they wanted.

I think that's one thing that always rung true, whoever it is, it always basically the most notable character for that spot. We didn't get just any platformer or Rare rep, we got Banjo-Kazooie. We didn't get any classic RPG rep, we got Dragon Quest. We didn't get any random fighting game character, we got Terry, the guy whose series led to Smash. We didn't get just any villain, we got Sephiroth. etc.

Whatever the last two characters are, I'm pretty sure that this mindset will still ring true whether it's a new series a new company, or not. It likely does not matter to Nintendo if they need to get one or two new companies on board or not.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay so the question needs to be asked

If there is a Bonus fighter after the Next 2 Fighters, why did Sakurai make it seem like CP10 and CP11 were gonna be the end of it?

I understand if they didn't want to reveal that there be a Bonus Fighter, since they wanted to focus on the Actual Challenger packs first, but it seems some of the statements in the Interviews were final in there only be 2 left for DLC. Could just be business speak though

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Whatever the last two characters are, I'm pretty sure that this mindset will still ring true whether it's a new series a new company, or not. It likely does not matter to Nintendo if they need to get one or two new companies on board or not.
Yeah, I generally agree but I do think there's a bit of a grey area to it. Like, I feel like Terry is here because SNK wanted to play ball for example, and for relatively cheap. Banjo and Steve are here because they're Banjo and Steve, but I imagine Nintendo wanted to flex their newfound friendship with Microsoft too. So at the end of the day I think it's generally gonna be a factor, but probably not the explicit reason any single character will make it. Obviously the merits of the characters themselves will shine through regardless, and there will be a reason one was chosen above all the others.

Hell, I think the recent Hayabusa situation drills this in better than anything. I'm still shook at the prospect that we may not get any Koei Tecmo content on the roster, since they just seemed like such an easy grab and a strong partner (arguably the strongest, right now) than Nintendo may want to throw a bone. But perhaps someone like Hayabusa was just out-prioritized by characters who Nintendo found more exciting or beneficial, and simply being from KT wasn't enough to save him.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace

If there is a Bonus fighter after the Next 2 Fighters, why did Sakurai make it seem like CP10 and CP11 were gonna be the end of it?

I understand if they didn't want to reveal that there be a Bonus Fighter, since they wanted to focus on the Actual Challenger packs first, but it seems some of the statements in the Interviews were final in there only be 2 left for DLC. Could just be business speak though
Lying, this goes for any smash interview as well, if someone was asked is your character was going to be in smash the answer will always be "no i wish they were" or just "no".

RGFS

Smash Journeyman

My theory is that since the bonus just isn't part of the Fighter Pass, they didn't want to announce it already. It's like if they talked about the Pirana Plant bonus the same day they revealed Ultimate.

Imagine if when they first announced the Second Pass' details in January of 2020, they said, "Hey, we're gonna develop six new Challenger Packs for a Second Pass! Oh and then we're also gonna throw in an extra one free for those who bought both packs. It has nothing but a fighter." How many people do you think would instantly assume that's Waluigi and then speculate for around two years about it? If it's something else like a pack full of echoes, it'd be weird for Nintendo to let us know years ahead too.

That's all Nintendo showing their hand way more than they usually do. They're the masters of left-field choices and the "One more thing..." shtick. I still find it crazy we got a second pass with six characters since everything before that made that prospect feel very unlikely to me. They wouldn't just let us know they got this little extra thing cooking if it isn't a part of anything they're currently selling.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
61 - 66: US MinMin - Pack 11 (missing Zelda Gear custome)
67 - 74: EU/AU/NZ MinMin - Zelda Gear custome, with 73 a blank space

Isn’t 74 the Zelda costume, though?

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Lying, this goes for any smash interview as well, if someone was asked is your character was going to be in smash the answer will always be "no i wish they were" or just "no".
My theory is that since the bonus just isn't part of the Fighter Pass, they didn't want to announce it already. It's like if they talked about the Pirana Plant bonus the same day they revealed Ultimate.

Imagine if when they first announced the Second Pass' details in January of 2020, they said, "Hey, we're gonna develop six new Challenger Packs for a Second Pass! Oh and then we're also gonna throw in an extra one free for those who bought both packs. It has nothing but a fighter." How many people do you think would instantly assume that's Waluigi and then speculate for around two years about it? If it's something else like a pack full of echoes, it'd be weird for Nintendo to let us know years ahead too.

That's all Nintendo showing their hand way more than they usually do. They're the masters of left-field choices and the "One more thing..." shtick. I still find it crazy we got a second pass with six characters since everything before that made that prospect feel very unlikely to me. They wouldn't just let us know they got this little extra thing cooking if it isn't a part of anything they're currently selling.
Well, what your both saying does make sense, but the thing is that Sakurai could've accomplished this by doing something much easier than lying, and that is just saying nothing at all. I think what 7NATOR is getting at is why he would go out of his way to explicitly say there is no more... even though there is more.

I would've guessed that we would get more DLC characters only if that was something that was decided on later, but, assuming there is indeed a bonus character, the codes imply that this was a thing since the very beginning. I suppose that's just something to think about.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Maybe he just didn't want to reveal his plans too far in advance.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure a lot of what Sakurai has been saying is that there are only two more video presentations left. At least I recall that's what he said in Pyra's presentation, although I do remember he said something more in further interviews.

Like, if we do get some sort of "bonus" character I anticipate they'd either be an echo fighter and not need much exposition, or be treated like Piranha Plant where there isn't really any major gimmick to cover or additional content to go over.

So while Sakurai said like, he only has two more opportunities to do Sakurai presents or whatever, I don't think it disqualifies the possibility of our last presentation being more of a catch-all swan song to Ultimate in general rather than solely a character showcase... I dunno lmao.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

I still don't see why we would get a DMC event. Spirit events have been usually for new games or series with some decent ties to Nintendo. The only exception I can think of is that random Warframe spirit we got.

I could see a spirit event for Dragalia Lost and Ninja Gaiden. Tales... Don't think so, but if anything I'm expecting Lloyd's costume to return.
But getting DMC spirits would feel very random to me.

If anything I'd expect Ace Attorney or Okami spirits before a DMC event.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure a lot of what Sakurai has been saying is that there are only two more video presentations left. At least I recall that's what he said in Pyra's presentation, although I do remember he said something more in further interviews.

Like, if we do get some sort of "bonus" character I anticipate they'd either be an echo fighter and not need much exposition, or be treated like Piranha Plant where there isn't really any major gimmick to cover or additional content to go over.

So while Sakurai said like, he only has two more opportunities to do Sakurai presents or whatever, I don't think it disqualifies the possibility of our last presentation being more of a catch-all swan song to Ultimate in general rather than solely a character showcase... I dunno lmao.
Yeah, he just said "There's only two more opportunities left to do this." On the other hand...
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Mr. Sakurai Presents "Pyra/Mythra" - YouTube
At around the 36:00 mark, he says "Only two more DLC fighters remain." Not FP2 or video presentation, just DLC fighters in general. Unless he's lying out of his rear end, it sounds like DLC fighters in general are done after CP11. Assuming there's even a bonus at all, I think it'll just be a stage or a Mii or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom