• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK mains are pretty sexy | DK Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, applying for that grant thing is probably a good idea for anyone, but knowing it, someone whos well known would probably get it, because they want the grant winner to do really well i spose.
although i might apply, the 'not even in usa' thing migth help me out

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Sooo... worth going to a tourney after not playing for so long? It's practically too close NOT to go lol

& ever get any DKs in there iblis? :p

RATED

Smash Lord
hi DKs , I 2nd DK.

I am just going to introduce myself

as u see Rated is my tag, Puerto Rico is where I live and Snake is my main and DK my 2nd

Brazilian women indeed are top tier

Scabe

Successful Businessman
For some cool reason, I've noticed that DK's and Link's tend to have a good relationship.

I heard that these guys team up in doubles, so anyways:
There's KirinBlaze and Will
Legan and Ripple
and all Scabe and Silfa. >_>... <_<
:link: :dk:

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I like how the monocle changes eyes >_>

Anyone have any opinions on whether i should get FF4 or 3 for the DS?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm the best Fox in the Midwest.
I'm the best Yoshi in the Midwest.
I'm the best Peach in the Midwest.
I'm the best Ganon in the Midwest.
I'm the best Falcon in the Midwest.
I'm the best Samus in the Midwest.
I'm the best DK in the Midwest.
I'm the best bowser in the Midwest.
I'm the best Mario in the Midwest.
Fail troll fails.

Also, Ook is the best DK in the midwest.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've got the GBA & playstation port of FF4, love the game but think I'm gonna go with 3, partially because there's no other way to play it. (except the VC maybe?)

Definitely going to get both in time, but why more replayability for 4?

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Apart from the fact that you’d probably be more inclined to re-play it than FF3, you are forced to do so anyway if you want to attain 100% completion — can’t fight certain bonus bosses until the third play-through.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh I see. Any of them... hard? or require some high level training sorta stuff? I practically live for extra content :)

Luigi player

Smash Master
The funny thing is that those are the official DK announcement pics... maybe Sakurai already knew what he did to him. :\

Some Broom Brawlers should really have an interview with Sakurai... that would be too interesting.
I really don't know why it hasn't been done already...

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I like how some random dude in ripple's sig stole the name of DK's FISTS right out of my dk guide - what a loser
Lol, that is just because your names for attacks were so pro!

Also I got an idea from the Luigi boards, how about we make a community combo video? We each submit some clips/videos that we have recorded of us ****** and put it together.

crifer

Smash Lord
Lol, that is just because your names for attacks were so pro!

Also I got an idea from the Luigi boards, how about we make a community combo video? We each submit some clips/videos that we have recorded of us ****** and put it together.
sounds nice, but in reality we know how **** hard it is to get good vids of DK.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I need to get that hack on mine since my sd card got stolen. :(
I can give you the code if you do not want to go around looking for it.

sounds nice, but in reality we know how **** hard it is to get good vids of DK.
I do not think it is that hard, and its not like each of us is making a combo video. We each only need a couple vids to submit.

Luigi player

Smash Master
gimmme some tips i couldnt beat san like i normally did hes gotten much better lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/san3711#p/a/u/0/GdkJHXCOBRs
1st MM vid:

Don't shield if you're on the ground and he's in the air and doesn't do anything. Powershield his aerials, they all hit after the average reaction time (13 frames)...
His nair hits on frame 15 and fair on 18. The only aerial that you have to watch out for (while you're on the ground) is bair.

I can understand that you wouldn't want to try to ps his nair, but fair should be easy. Just stay out of range of his nair. And maybe just walk away and downB or something.

To edgeguard him you could use the SA upB on the ledges. Depending on where he SDIs/DIs/gets hit to you can do a few things. Like grabbing the ledge if you think it's safe to do so (mostly when he's hit a bit horizontal... then maybe regrab it with upB to regain invincibility, or ledgedrop bair or something).
You could also go back to the stage and then do the SA upB again...

That gimp was really gay. You were at 6 %... but something like that shouldn't happen often.
The ending was also pretty gay, lol. Just play more safe. You could've waited for the platform so you'd have more options, or just upB regrab until he does something that you could punish with giant punch(it was fully charged)/uair.

Also work on your timing with the upBs to grab the ledge :p... you went past it and were to high sometimes. At least you didn't get punished too hard for it, but especially vs Ike you have to play way more safe.

2nd match: don't run into his attacks :/ especially at the end... also why did you CP Castle Siege? Somehow I think this stage isn't bad for Ike... not sure though.

Btw I saw your matches vs san on livestream from a tourney a few weeks ago... that was really gay. :( You SDd like 3 times in 2 matches, you should've won both of them...

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
i am already a patient player if u guys couldnt notice but i guess i should be more patient vs ike especially san i get mad everytime i get into his jab or fair or if i airdodge into his f smash etc.. lol thats san for me

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
"Also work on your timing with the upBs to grab the ledge :p... you went past it and were to high sometimes. At least you didn't get punished too hard for it, but especially vs Ike you have to play way more safe."

ur right about that, im a wifi player so i still have to work on that offline

i cped castle just to get the feel of the stage vs ike (worth experiencing in my opnion)
yea i tend to sd sometime vs san lol i get afraid of being gimped by his anther and that im a wifi player..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom