• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Wack & Wampam Present: Birdday Banana Bonanza! With livestream!

8Bitman

Smash Master
I feel this should be hyped more for other OoS people.

Because this is a MONTHLY REGIONAL TOURNEY. Like all of the PR's go, and every sick non-ranked player goes as well. About ALL OF FLORIDA!

If we hype it up more and tell more people about the stream this could turn into something serious... And it is already something serious. Plus if we get an average of 46 entrants for singles every time, that could influence OoS people to come too. Even though it is one day, as long as it is run properly we could get in Doubles, Singles, and a Side Event. ^_^

ALSO! Instead of Mid-Tier tourneys as the side event. I would actually want to do an MK Banned Side tourney. Or is that just a bad idea? O-o

AfroQT

Smash Master
Whos puttin up that 250 for the clubhouse? I'd love to see more tourneys here its close as **** to my house haha.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
week before and after is taken for them as well

week before = maylay

week after = thanksgiving weekend

I would ask Pam if she could postpone NLL, but:

1. I'd rather go to a tourney that I've never had to help run (I end up helping run literally every single tourney I go to, due to everyone being overwhelmed TOs, except for gigs/nll)

2. Who'd be driving from CFL if that did happen. obviously I wouldn't

MVD

Smash Master
you wouldnt have to worry about running it, I will make sure whoever hosts it is running it and if they dont I would, I really wanna make these monthlies or bi monthlies, perhaps we can switch off with one month NLL one month Clubhouse, I just wanna make use of that venue as much as possible and get everyone together as much as we can

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
1. I'd rather go to a tourney that I've never had to help run (I end up helping run literally every single tourney I go to, due to everyone being overwhelmed TOs, except for gigs/nll)
I wouldn't allow anyone to hold a tournament in a community that does nothing but ***** and complain about everything.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I wouldn't allow anyone to hold a tournament in a community that does nothing but ***** and complain about everything.
not sure what you mean by this statement...but im guessing you mean im *****ing about the fact that I help run almost all tourneys i go to? I just want some clarity first before making a response

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
You know if you want, you can try coming down to Naples in dec when I hold another tourney, so u dont have to run anything. Its a bit further for a drive, but its worth it ;)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
not sure what you mean by this statement...but im guessing you mean im *****ing about the fact that I help run almost all tourneys i go to? I just want some clarity first before making a response
I'm not only referring to your constant need to remind us how YOU ran the tournament.

Good ****ing job. You want a cookie?

I'm also talking about the constant bickering about how A didn't happen this way, or how B didn't happen this way.

Danny hit random on the bracket and I heard nothing but *****ing. Not to mention everyone calling out what they've done for the whole tournament without thinking about what anyone else has done. It's like they think they're God because they moved a chair.

A few of you helped for the sake of helping, which I appreciate, but holy ****...if you're going to help, don't hold it over our heads until the end of time...and if you didn't help, don't ***** about how things went because you have no right to.

I feel better.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I just got this Google Chrome add-on called Ponify.. It changes words like "Everybody" into "everypony". And hey into Hay. It's pretty epic.

It made your post bearable.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
im down for having one big tourny a month.

nll can have november, but i think we should get december and so on...

everything in between the big ones can be for locals or smashfests to practice up for said big ones.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I just wanted to make sure, tommy

I wasn't referring to only this tourney. There's a long history of a tourney turning into me running it due to slow/overwhelmed/non caring TOs: (no TO falls into all 3 categories in the following list. They fall into one of three)

Almost every WATO I lve been to
Impact clash & final round in Georgia
Half of the holy smash events I've attended
CEO
Partially ktar
This tourney
When it was around Florida gaming

The only ones I havnt had to do that were gigs/nll , ZP , gallaxfest , hrnut tourney, and the first clubhouse tourney you personally ran

And for me and others to be running this particular , along with the fact that the final decision to end the tourney how it did was completely against the thought of the people that DID do work, like myself and tony jr, of course I'd still be salty about it. You're gonna have to deal with the fact that this will be over dannys head until he proves himself by hosting a legit tourney. That's how TOing works...you **** up you are not free from that **** up until you prove you can hold it down. Everyone who's hosted a tourney in this state knows that much. Just cause we know the TO doesn't change the rules. And who is holding helping move furniture over anyone's head?

Also I'm down for no nll in December so clubhouse can happen. I say that cause nll is already set and thread made and everything :laugh:

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
December wouldn't be a bad idea since my semester will be finished by then. I more than likely won't be going if it's held in November since I wanna focus on school until then.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
December should be fine unless i have:

Vacation with the friends johns
Vacation with the family johns
no money due to apex johns
work johns
johns.

Top Bottom