• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Also J you've been calling John's play anti-town all game. For the purpose of helping my read on you, why is this? What triggered a John anti-town read in your head?

Also, this is kinda asking a lot, but when you have the time, could you quote the posts from past Days from Inferno that you don't like and state why? Since Day 2 you've said that Inferno is a "roller coaster [for you] in terms of liking/disliking his posts." However, you never really backed this up, so I'm curious as to what lead you on this train of thought as well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yikes, everyone wants everything from me. >.<"

I'll get to that Swords, just keep bugging me about it. I'l also get to the John thing.

T-block

B2B TST
Alright taking a break from responding to TB because Inferno's last post just triggered something in me that is making me really worried.

A big reason I dislike Inferno is that he is not looking at intent of people and just looking for people to lynch. His last post exemplifies this in him saying "IDC what John is doing, let's lynch him." unlike people like myself/Swords looking at what is actually behind his posts rather than just wanting to find a lynch. Inferno also has kept his options open (which is not a reaching statement so I don't get why he got so miffed at that). He has left himself an out onto the TB wagon and kept forcing the claim issue with me and John but Inferno had originally not had TB as as scum-read but kept wanting a claim. Why? It's different from when I was asking for claims because I was pushing for claims off my scum-reads that were made known in the thread.

Inferno hasn't been looking for scum in my opinion, but more so just looking for lynches. His play toDay has just been him going with the flow of what he believes would get the lynch. It can be shown through the way he was alright with a TB lynch until TB/Gheb started the John wagon back up and then it's like "Yeah, let's just auto-kill John, no one listen to his appeal." He even tries to use my meta for John which is a complete stretch because I have self-voted as town and mafia for gambits and the like and this does not seem like a gambit from John. He doesn't seem to be analysising things in a deeper way and looking at things incredibly surface level which leads me to believe his intentions are ingenuine.

For now, while I respond to TB:

Unvote
Vote: Inferno

Starting to feel this is a better pathway for toDay.
this is admittedly a solid post

I don't know how to describe TB as scum or town. It kind of meshes for me in a mediocre could lean either way. The fact is, I am seeing him being more wrong on pretty much all his scum-reads this game as a sign of scumTB (i.e. I am town, and John is a town-read)
that's such BS, J

my reads were COMPLETELY off in Walgreens, and i pushed them hard.

lol discussing this hurts x.x

Guess Clover left. Meh.

What changed from when you did have him as scum?

I ask you this because TB seems to have been doing his homework this game, it's just that a couple of times I think he's wrong about something (just an example, but I thought that his point about you not being able to interpret Gheb's poetry was reaching), which would worry me if he was a good player as town/mafia.
lol don't take it too seriously. it was a sidenote - a thought that popped into my head back then and i thought i'd mention it. it was never meant to be a major point against J at all... there are plenty of other points that serve that purpose.

for what it's worth, i consider myself a very average player as both town and scum. less than average if you only want to consider the older dgames members.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Everyone jumped off John for no reason. He claimed VT and everyone went "okay," and moved off. Although it's not fully condemning, it's not a clear at all. Neither is the defeatist attitude. Like where does that even come from. Nothing changes the fact that his play has been awful and J had to force the information out of him for him to say any reads. He is still a scum pick for me and his AtE didn't change anything.

@J - What's the difference between scummy and anti-town? To me anti-town sounds like what it means, you're playing against the town aka scummy.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Also I did not use your meta. I just used an example to point out that self voting is not a town tell and that was the one that came to mind. I want to lynch who I think is scum and that's John. Also have Gheb who has done basically nothing as a scum read but I don't see him as a possible lynch today.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Playing the MP2 game? I'm not tunneling my scum-buddy July and then saying let's lynch her or listen to Ryker here. ;P

@TB: I guess I didn't focus on your play in that game since I was scum just coasting to the end.

@Inferno: Anti-town = still a town member but their attitude/play goes against the town wincon. It can also be said dummy vs. scummy as another way to look at it but John hasn't really posted anything dumb.

T-block

B2B TST
still calling bull****

i was incredibly loud (probably a large contributor to why you were able to coast) and interacted with you tons in the lategame

#HBC | Dancer

Playing the MP2 game? I'm not tunneling my scum-buddy July and then saying let's lynch her or listen to Ryker here. ;P
Was referring to the part of MP2 where you asked me to pick a lynch between two of my town reads in order to try to get me on your side of things.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So TB and Inferno are town-reads of yours....? Since when haha?

@TB: I honestly don't remember much of Walgreens besides avoiding getting lynched in crunch time.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm town and I've been trying to push my scum reads as I've had them. I like how I try to push a lynch and I'm called scum but someone like Ryker can do this and everyone follows him like he's a sheppard. I have my scum read and I still think he is still possible to be scum despite the AtE. Hell I'll even claim if he flips town as my first post if he flips town.

However I see that with how J is playing, he will fight tooth and nail to let John run around the streets at his will doing absolutely nothing. If John is scum and runs around like a rat, we will lose this game because of J.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
And I wish I could forget FF9 with Kuzi and Halloween Party.

=P They help us though in the end I guess.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FF9 wasn't a mistake it was just....

Ya know what, I'm not going into it because it is just meh to.

#HBC | Dancer

I've had Inferno as a town read nearly the entire game J. One of the main reasons I disliked your slot Day 2 J was because of your read on him.

TB, as I said, I like for doing his homework. I've generally held him as a town lean all game as well.

Both of these players fall into the category of "things that I need to think about over my reread," so I withhold all rights to change my reads as I see fit.

But okay @ you not knowing that they were my town reads. That's k.

#HBC | Dancer

Why would you want to forget Halloween mafia J? That game was so fun!

Now, Rusty Guillotine and Inception mafia on the other hand . . .

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why would you want to forget Halloween mafia J? That game was so fun!

Now, Rusty Guillotine and Inception mafia on the other hand . . .
=D! Those games are great though.
J/k I know they probably sucked for you. <3

Halloween was meh..>.>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's dumb though, even if you guys still aren't convinced I'm town I don't really see what reason you'd have to consider me a "need reevaluation"-slot but like Macman is OK with what little he's doing. Macman / Vinyl / J / Sworddancer-slots all aren't more townie than me.

J, I'm really annoyed by how you were swayed by John. Just look at how early Soup pushed for John's lynch, what reasoning he used and how consistently he kept sticking to it. Do you really think he'd randomly pick a townie and do that to him? It's so much more likely that he just wanted to bus him ... it's almost impossible to consider John a non-play toDay if you go by logic. If you think Inferno is more suspicious that's one thing. But saying that John isn't suspicious, or likely town is just straight-up wrong. John has to die toMorrow, if he doesn't toDay. The play is between T-Block and J if game's not won by then.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sword, your reads are incredibily vauge and pretty much impossible to work with. What do you mean by "T-Block did his homework"? What 'homework' was he supposed to do and how did it change from D1 to D3? I don't see a particular change in the way that he's playing.
I also have no clue about why you're so opposed to the idea of Infernoscum and even go as far as claim a Jscum read just because he's been pushing Inferno for a while. If that's the case why don't you have any issues with all the other players that have a scum read on Inferno? Do you even know who they are?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't get why you are annoyed. I have been saying John is more town than scummy all game. I wasn't just swayed by this last motion of AtE and don't imply that. Can you bring up quotes to the Soup-John connection so I can see it in more detail? I'm saying John is a possibility, just not one I am not so I am not acting as if John is off the table because he clearly is there with TB/Inferno/You on him. However, my opinion is TB/Inferno would be much better lynches since John I feel he is a town read.

Saying John isn't suspisicious and likely town isn't "straight up wrong" but more so a possibility I am seeing. What you are saying by it being an ultimatium and not opening your eyes to the possibility of John being town is exactly the same thing you are accusing me of I could say is "impossible that john is suspicious and not town" because you have been on him this entire game for the same thing.

Also since when have I been a scum-read of yours? What about Inferno?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can dig up quotes but that'd take some time and I don't think I have enough time to do it now. You have never been a scumread of mine and you aren't right now. Inferno is scum and I'm voting him right now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright sorry about the misunderstanding. I look forward to the Soup-John thing on a later date.

#HBC | Dancer

Alright I'm doing my reread now and hopefully will have it done by today.

J, during my reread this came up.

J said:
Swords, what makes you of RF? Towny or Scummy if you had to pick a side right now?
This was in your 175. I'm finding that I like your early play so far. However, I need to be sure. If you can think back, why did you ask me this question at the time? What point did it have?

#HBC | Dancer

Alright, so I'm off to do some work for my mom for about the next 4 hours or so. In the mean time, some more questions from my reread.

Attacking Soup is a waste of timealthough imo. I don't know if he's scum for it. I just know he's wrong. Although you do raise a question for me to ask him. Also Swords is hypocritical. To say I'm doing something scummy and then do the same thing that he called scummy is being hypocritical. I'll forgive some of the justification even though it admits to him sheeping that OMGUS.

@Soup - why did you decide to call me for sheeping instead of anyone else on the Smoth wagon? Why does not making the first vote for not Smoth make me scum?

:phone:
@Everyone with suspicion of Inferno + TB: What do you make of this post? How does this fit in with an Inferno + Soup scum team?

I really dislike Inferno's push on Swords the more he goes into it.

I also like Krys.
Why did you dislike Inferno's push? What was it about Kry's 190 that you liked?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There's plenty to comment on, what's stopping you?
Then clarify with what you agree with and what you don't, I understand your position but I just don't find it believable.
Those were the first two posts that include an interaction between Soup and John. Both are call-outs on John not actually doing stuff. John had posted like two or three times with nothing substantial to say. Neither did Krys, Clover, Moth or Macman at that point though.

*Looks at votecount*

Vote: John2k4
I want John because I really dislike his use of excuses and lack of activity, I would honestly expect John to post more regardless if he had a gauging opinion or not.
Here's where things start to look like a bus for the first time. Not that the vote and his reasoning are completely off - early pressure on inactive/reluctant slots is a desirable tactic, especially when the main bulk of the game is on each other's throats [T-Block, Sword, Rake, J and myself]. However, it should be noted that up until the very last moment of Day 1 when people moved along with the Moth lynch Soup did not switch his vote from John even once. I don't know what scumbag would act in such a manner unless he's bussing a scummate. Like, when did a scumbag actually do this to a townie?

John. He made another useless post and refuses to do anything.
Soup on whom he thinks the play is almost a hundred posts later. Curiously enough, John only made one or two posts in that time so there's hardly anything that would give a player like Soup the motiviation to stick on the wagon - apart from the *knowledge* that John is scum.

In retrospect it even looks like he didn't actually have any major suspects *other* than John and considering his first push started at like post 320 or something and didn't end until the moment Rake claimed to have investigated him it seems like Soup was more convinced about Johnscum than he could've actually been. And now that we know that Soup flipped scum there's one question that remains: look at the way he played this game so far and assume Johntown - how would this make any sense? Would Soup really put that much effort into getting Johntown lynched? What would've happened to Soup upon a Johntown flip? He would've been kind of screwed. The whole scenario can only make sense with Johnscum, everything else doesn't add up.

Vote John

T-Block's not a play toDay and Inferno is still a better lynch than him also.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea i clearly shouldn't be thought of as strong/definitely town at this point. i've been blatantly non-contibutive today besides for some general top level comments.

i've been meaning to post better stuff but i just haven't really gotten into it

Clover

Smash Rookie
@Swords -
Hey Clover, I see you viewing the thread, want to give us some input?
Yeah, what J said, sorry if me checking in on my phone frequently gets frustrating for people. But, I'm back from the beach now, what specifically would you like some input on?

@Everyone with suspicion of Inferno + TB: What do you make of this post? How does this fit in with an Inferno + Soup scum team?
Not liking too much how Inferno doesn't really back up his reasoning on why not to look into Soup there, he just leaves it at "he's wrong" and then deflects the attention elsewhere while trying to protect himself. That scum team seems like a pretty decent probability, at this point.

@J, still waiting to hear about destroying those posts by T-Block, when you have some time.

@Inferno -
Also have Gheb who has done basically nothing as a scum read but I don't see him as a possible lynch today.
Why do you consider Gheb's actions to this point as "basically nothing?" Could you go into your reasoning on why he is a scum read, as well as why you're not pushing him more if you genuinely believe he is scum?

@T-Block - A good part of it was just to see the response from someone I haven't particularly seen anything especially town from. While others have been praising the "homework" you've been doing, I'm unsure just on the fact of how extensive it was. Reasons like John's participation in other games as well as J's interest in theater make it seem like you're just attempting to use any reason to prove your points, when some of these actions aren't unreasonable. Besides that, the continued provoking seems like a way to draw attention elsewhere, to John in this case.

if i claim my role without claiming song, are you okay with that j?
Not seeing the reasoning here, why would you be hesitant to claim song if you were to claim role?

Like I mentioned in my last post, Inferno is the only other person I'd be genuinely interested in for toDay, but I'll be leaving my vote where it is for the moment. I'd like to first hear from J in regard to the posts by T-Block, as well as his responses.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@Clover -- I would consider up until that post he has done nothing. Here is how I define gheb's play up to now:

D1:
-TBlock is oppotunistic. Vote Tblock.
-Im getting wagoned. Combination of "why are you all attacking me?"I or "these are null tells" and brushes them to the side.

D2:
Very advice doglike
Very little activity from what I can recall.

D3:

Finally posts some reads with some sort of solid stance. Although he is wrong about my slot, he shows where his head is at.

I feel like he has not done much as far as scum hunting has gone.

@Gheb -- I can post random Disney facts. For example The Hunchback of Notre Dame is written in the form of a Christian Mass. For example in the song "Hellfire" right before Frolo says "God have mercy on her soul," you can hear in the background "Kyrie eleison" which is the opening of a mass meaning "God have mercy"

:phone:

T-block

B2B TST
@T-Block - A good part of it was just to see the response from someone I haven't particularly seen anything especially town from. While others have been praising the "homework" you've been doing, I'm unsure just on the fact of how extensive it was. Reasons like John's participation in other games as well as J's interest in theater make it seem like you're just attempting to use any reason to prove your points, when some of these actions aren't unreasonable. Besides that, the continued provoking seems like a way to draw attention elsewhere, to John in this case.
If you want to put attention back on me, be my guest. I'm pushing my picks, but it's not like I'm ignoring things that are brought up against me - there's just nothing left for me to respond to at this point.

I enjoy being thorough. I recognize that some points, particularly the theatre point, are not going to be terribly convincing, and I never intended them to be (although I do think you're underestimating the John-activity point - the upshot is that it suggests scum wanting to avoid giving content).

What about the rest of the points then?

Top Bottom