• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm seeing Soup-TB-Gheb/Macman or Soup-Inferno-Gheb/Macman.

Gheb/Macman are the variables. One of TB or Inferno are scum.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I don't know why but all of the sudden I'm like ready to start rocking the **** in here.

Lawnmowing for real now, starting to get dark outside becauseof procratatinating

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You sound confident in that statement J. Im not sure what I think of it actually. Ive been getting into trouble a lot and I don't see TBlock scum nor do I plan to be vote him only to save my own skin. I will decide on him at a later time. When's the deadline again?

:phone:

T-block

B2B TST
Sigh... let me clarify.

J, part of the reason why I've been suspicious of you is the way you've been pushing my lynch. The fact that you're continuing to push me raises questions that I've wanted answered for a few days now. Basically, I want to see if you are genuine behind continuing to suspect me, and I can determine that from a case that you would present against me, which I thought I would be getting a few days ago, but it hasn't come, so I'm getting a little antsy. The reasoning you gave for finding me scum was that you found my push against you unsubstantiated, and you found my push on John to be opportunistic.

I've substantiated my push on you. I've also shown that I have solid reasoning for John. As far as I can tell, I've refuted all that you have against me, yet you are still pushing for my lynch. I'd like to know why; hence, the constant prodding.

And obviously I don't have a clue whether you can use song claims or w/e. But I sure as hell am not going to claim freely to a top scumread. Stop playing the victim.

T-block

B2B TST
THAT SAID, Inferno is really confusing the **** out of me, because I think the fact that he moved off of me without even having read my posts is incredibly scummy, but I'm at odds because I really do not see J/Inferno as a team, plus I'm still confident in John and there's no room for three scum.

I am beginning to consider townJ/scumInferno as a possibility, but I'd need to mull it over for a while longer.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm not playing the victim...o_O If anything, I'm player the pursuer.

I'll get to the rest after Big Brother goes off.

T-block

B2B TST
...and out-of-game talk for a sec, I'm sorry if you're offended by my tone or "arrogance" as it were. I'm just trying to have a little bit of fun and not take things toooo seriously around here =(

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh no! I'm not offended at all. Your arrogance is more silly arrogance unlike Swiss/Kuzi's that drive me up a wall.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ruy/Marshy, Votecount?
Looked back a few pages, didn't see one.

I've got some time for this thing for a few minutes. Let's see here..

1) I don't see InfernoScum, and I don't see JScum.
2) What would be safe to assume in a small game like this: 2 or 3 scum (taking the RakeIndy to mind)?
3) I'll back up this later tonight, but I'm pretty sure that the final scum are either T-Block or one of the inactives at this point. This is because the only person I remember bad vibes from is T-Block, and there are two or three people who I didn't even know were in this game.

John2k4

The End of an Era
EBWOP: *The final scum are residing in T-Block or one of the Inactives

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So I'm rereading the thread and it has occurred to me that I REALLY don't like how vehemently Soup has pushed Inferno based off of so little. Soup seemed way too confident in Inferno scum based off of his RVS suspicion. The only problem is is that I'm having a really hard time seeing a connection from Inferno's PoV, and I would love to hear those who dislike Inferno (J, Gheb) to tell me how an Inferno scum could work with a Soup scum given how Inferno has acted towards Soup.
When did any of this happen? Soup was on John's *** the entire game - have you even read my case on John?!?

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I still am a little baffled that TB was able to avoid claiming in this entire scenario.
Stfu about TBlock claiming. Nobody actually wants TB lynched toDay except you and a bunch of scumbags / sheeps.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So everyone but you, Gheb? And I'll show ya in a bit.
Macman's also not in favor of it and while he hasn't been super pro-town at least he's been one of the few to use his own brain to get to his conclusions. John / Inferno are both scummy and you are looking worse than T-Block recently. I haven't seen Sword arguing for a TB lynch either and Clover idk what he thinks. I hope he's not scum coasting through this mess. Anyway, that means like 2 of 3 supporters of TB lynch are scum and one isn't looking very bright toDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gheb you seriously need to explain this 180 you have on T-block from hating his guts D1 to liking him a bit D3. You never fully explained the transition and just keep saying "TB is a bad lynch." which doesn't really do much besides you defending him a bit.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gheb you seriously need to explain this 180 you have on T-block from hating his guts D1 to liking him a bit D3. You never fully explained the transition and just keep saying "TB is a bad lynch." which doesn't really do much besides you defending him a bit.
^^^This is kind of why I see a TB-Gheb connection moreso than a TB-Macman (I could see the bussing route).

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
When did any of this happen? Soup was on John's *** the entire game - have you even read my case on John?!?

I have not completed my reread (only up until post 360, it's taking longer than I thought) so I withhold all comments on a John-Soup connection for the time being.

Soup voted Inferno fairly early on in the game for complete RVS reasons (he jumped on my wagon, which Soup accused him of being a sheep for). Soup than proceeded to tunnel the **** out of Inferno. The entire time Inferno just kept responding with "Dude, it's only RVS" (which was a fair response) , and yet Soup just kept at him.

Gheb, I thought you liked Inferno as scum, or was I wrong?

#HBC | Dancer

@J: Meh, the other avatar was too weeboo/emoish. This avatar is still weeboo, but those who know where it comes from will know my good tastes in anime because of it.

Also @ J: Wait, TB/Gheb connection? Because Gheb changed a read around on TB? Colored me unimpressed. I don't think that's nearly enough evidence to be calling a connection out of, and on top of that I don't even really follow the logic. TB has been feeling the heat toDay, and Gheb has been feeling the heat (much less so, mind you) from me. Given these circumstances, why would they change their reads around on each other? Hell, why would any scummates in general be wishy washy like that with their reads on each other?

Maybe because they need to survive at this point, but I'm just not feeling that. I think that scummates would generally keep their reads constant on each other. At least, that's the general pattern that I've observed.

@Macman: This is kind of out of the blue, but I gotta tll you the truth. I was actually okay as of late writing you off as lazy town, but on second thought, I'm not. I want to see your homework to. You still have to tell us why TB and Soup are connected. Get to it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, I thought you liked Inferno as scum, or was I wrong?
No, you're absolutely right. I'm just baffled about how your read on Inferno emerged considering I had exactly the same read on John. Pressure from Soup on him has been too early, too forceful and too consistent for it to be coincidence. I find it impossible to believe that you have found exactly the same connection between Soup and Inferno and I won't buy it unless you actually point it out - it does directly conflict with my case on John after all.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
J, there's been no 180° turn. It's more like I made a 45° turn on you and a 45° turn on TB and you're now kind of approaching the same angle from my pov ... if that makes any sense to you. I feel like you're being extremely counter-productive right now. TB has made a case that you have yet to properly respond to. Bar any solid reasoning you're against lynching John. You're in favor of lynching Inferno but you don't bother to actually convince people that he's the play toDay.

I'm pretty sure we don't have more than 3 days left toDay and afaik TB is still the player with the most votes. I'm not going to let passive players screw our options just because they clog up the TB wagon and remove all other options in the process. Everybody who's not voting either John or Inferno right now has a good deal of explaining to do on why they think neither of them should be lynched.

#HBC | Dancer

@Gheb: Not everything in each one of these quotes relates to the point I'm making, so feel free to skim past the stuff that isn't Inferno/Soup communicating with each other.

Oh and before I forget

Vote: Swords

The song is called "I'll make a man out of you," not "Be a Man." That pissed me off
Are you nothing more than a sheep?
Do you not speak your own words?
Saying nothing makes you no less than a creep
A startling post that strikes my chords.
A proposition that I have no interest
You may bang your drum all you want, but I will not listen.
What do you think of the inferno, the weakest fire ever seen?
Does his intent have purpose, or is he just mean?
Fair enough.

Vote: Inferno3044

Let's take this whole situation from the top shall we?

I gave you an RVS vote for an RVS reason. It was obvious I did that. Soup calls me a sheep and votes me and you decide to fly in and sheep him. On top of being hypocritical, you are trying to justify your vote as soon as you're called out on it. So my opinion on you is that I am fine with you dying atm.

For RF I don't care too much about them. They will do what they please and I will make a read on them when I have enough substance

Attacking Soup is a waste of timealthough imo. I don't know if he's scum for it. I just know he's wrong. Although you do raise a question for me to ask him. Also Swords is hypocritical. To say I'm doing something scummy and then do the same thing that he called scummy is being hypocritical. I'll forgive some of the justification even though it admits to him sheeping that OMGUS.

@Soup - why did you decide to call me for sheeping instead of anyone else on the Smoth wagon? Why does not making the first vote for not Smoth make me scum?

Because it's completely different context, SMoth wagon was blatantly a joke but RF was quite adamant with regards to Swords. So why did you jump on Swords? What reasoning did you have? All i've seen you do so far is attack Swords on the basis of what you did earlier, and I dislike it greatly.
@Soup - I already stated that it was an RVS vote for RVS reasons and that it was obvious. As for RF being adamant look at this:

Besides him voting Swords and an italicized comment (wish I could multi quote on my phone), this is the only post he said in regards to him before I voted him. This is not adamant at all. Any real will and determination was made after my vote. Also you stated that Rake's vote looks scummier than mine. Why haven't you pressured him?

@Krys - My point is that I don't have comments for him right now nor can I dictate their alignment from their posts. Ryker pushes for the sake of pushing sometimes its goes to a successful lynch. He has done this as town (Utrick'd 2) and as scum (Gigabots). I'm also really intrigued to see their case and can hopefully make a better opinion based on that.

@J - Why do you not like what I have said? I am saying that if you are trying to say something that someone is doing is scummy, you shouldn't do the same thing. On top of that, it was an OMGUS.

@macman - How he justified it was scummy. He basically said "I'm voting Inferno because Soup brought up these points that I just now agree with." On top of that he was under pressure and needed to get some off of him.

So many quotes I wish I could use to prove my points better but my phone can't multiquote :(

But what makes it different between the SMoth wagon? Why did you jump on Swords and not SMoth? Are you seriously telling me you did not have any reasoning at all to make the jump you did?

Also, read all of RF's posts instead of just one.
Is it really that hard for you to believe I made an RVS vote on Swords? The difference between the wagons is that I made an RVS vote to Swords as a joke for saying a Disney wrong incorrectly. You can ask the same question any number of times and you will get the same answer.

Now that I answered you're completely WIFOMy question I'm throwing it right back at you. What makes it different between the Smoth wagon?

About you accusing me of reading only one post, I decided to quote every post made by RF between his vote on Swords and your vote on me.

Votes here

Italicized context saying Swords is scum.

I make an RVS vote (note that this was my 2nd post of D1 after answering Swords' question).

Both of these were addressed to Rake.

Addressed to me because I said I'm scum's worst nightmare.

Once again addressed to Rake.

The part about Swords is not even incriminating. He is simply saying that Swords is playing like Swords.

RF tries to convince/bribe you to vote Swords.

Possibly the only thing I saw that had him really trying to push him.

You vote me.

I would love for you to tell me how adamant he was in trying to lynch Swords. I honestly can't see it within this time span so I need your help.

After my reread I found out that Swords said your vote was scummier, not Soup. I was wrong and I retract that question towards him. But why such a reaction just because it's directed at you? There were other changes of suspicion (Swords to me) that you didn't say anything on. In fact you just jumped right on Swords and voted him. Why did you vote Swords?
Okay, now do that the rest of the game and we'll be great. I am still not content with inferno, his logic is shoddy and his posts have not left me with anything besides himself trying to cover and push Swords, I remember him delving into smaller things like RF but he never explained me to why he jumped on Swords like did. I think he completely ignored it.
I find it hard to believe seeing how RF had justification towards it, I don't think that you just decided to vote Swords because it was a cool thing to do. I don't understand why you're trying to justify it as RVS.

I already told you this, it had context, it had reasoning, SMoth had not posted anything at all at that time and Swords' already dropped his questions by then, why are you trying to shift this over to me?
J, I wouldn't say I deflect but I could be wrong. I am not trying to make excuses. Im trying to tell you what I did. My vote was purely RVS and you said it was yourself. There is no alternate motive. You can ask, Soup can ask, anyone can ask and it will still be RVS. I just happened to post my opening posts at a later time than RF and therefore it is considered scummy. I know I can't change anything but if I voted first I wouldnt be given crap for it (correct me if I am wrong).

@Soup - I literally went into every post RF said and showed who each post was directed towards and the meaning of each of them. Only one of them had a quote of Swords, most of them addressed Rake, and a few were general "join me on the wagon" posts. I saw no actual pressure towards him. You basically said "Nope" and gave no reasoning as to why I was wrong. If I am wrong do exactly what I did regarding RF's posts and show me how adamant he was when you voted me.

I really dislike both of their slots for the time being and just considered it, then I realized how they were interacting with each other didn't make it seem very likely. I have it pinned that one holds scum at least at this point, would have really appreciated more insight wrt Swords.
Call it what you want but you really haven't given me any reason not to lynch you, I understand that you voted because of RVS, but I still have yet to see reasoning why you thought the vote was RVS when you solemnly answered Swords in a non-RVS manner. At least do that for me, tell me why you felt like your vote was RVS still despite that.
It's funny because Soup is pissing me off. He's had to have asked the same question five times. It gets us nowhere and I would love to move on. Town or scum, T-Block fully sees that it was RVS and there's nothing to go into

@Swords - Where's your big post? I would love to hear your thoughts. Does the fact that my post is purely RVS change your view on me?
Alright since i'm on a computer now this can be read easier. I read his early demeanor as townie based on how he was reading his poetry, in your post you mixed me up saying that I disliked his push on you, when I actually said the complete opposite, I disliked your ultimatum vote on Gheb. After talking with you for a period of time, I asked you to clarify how you were reading Gheb's poetry, and show me where he made up Swords' defense.

One more thing: Unvote I'm not getting what I want wrt Inferno and I'm not going to push the issue further.
Things start to get especially worrisome at Soup's 217. Soup was playing pretty logically around everyone except Inferno.

But what makes it different between the SMoth wagon? Why did you jump on Swords and not SMoth? Are you seriously telling me you did not have any reasoning at all to make the jump you did?

Also, read all of RF's posts instead of just one.
Seriously, this point that Soup is making towards Inferno is extremely reachy. He's basically accusing Inferno of being scum here because he had no reason to RVS vote me over Moth?

His 240 continues this.
I find it hard to believe seeing how RF had justification towards it, I don't think that you just decided to vote Swords because it was a cool thing to do. I don't understand why you're trying to justify it as RVS.

I already told you this, it had context, it had reasoning, SMoth had not posted anything at all at that time and Swords' already dropped his questions by then, why are you trying to shift this over to me?
Accusing Inferno because he doesn't actually believe that it was RVS (even though there was very little reason not to believe Inferno's explanations). Lame.

Soup's and Inferno's back and forth continue until somewhere around post 280 (I think). At that point they stop communicating with each other (in favoring of communicating with others) until Soup unvotes him somewhere between post 360 and 400.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Swords honestly Im not even sure what you're trying to prove by quoting my interaction with Soup. Are you trying to say because his points were so poor and reachy that its a bus attempt? Although this wasn't asked I stopped interacting with Soup because he kept asking the same questions. It was like an 8 year old kid asking his parents for something they said no to hoping that the answer will change.

T-block

B2B TST
Inferno, when you say you were only considering hammering me, etc., for negotiation purposes, does that mean you never thought I was scum in the first place?

#HBC | Dancer

Swords honestly Im not even sure what you're trying to prove by quoting my interaction with Soup. Are you trying to say because his points were so poor and reachy that its a bus attempt? Although this wasn't asked I stopped interacting with Soup because he kept asking the same questions. It was like an 8 year old kid asking his parents for something they said no to hoping that the answer will change.

That's pretty much the point that I was making, but you left out a part. It's not just that his points were so "poor and reachy" that I think that it's a bus, but rather that Soup was just so set, so confident, on such bad points that make me believe that it was a possible bus.

Your right that your responses were perfectly logical to Soup, and from your side of things it doesn't really look like SvS. Which is why I'm asking people are suspicious of you to give their take on this.

I quoted the interaction because Gheb asked me to. Read the thread yo.

J, there's been no 180° turn. It's more like I made a 45° turn on you and a 45° turn on TB and you're now kind of approaching the same angle from my pov ... if that makes any sense to you. I feel like you're being extremely counter-productive right now. TB has made a case that you have yet to properly respond to. Bar any solid reasoning you're against lynching John. You're in favor of lynching Inferno but you don't bother to actually convince people that he's the play toDay.

I'm pretty sure we don't have more than 3 days left toDay and afaik TB is still the player with the most votes. I'm not going to let passive players screw our options just because they clog up the TB wagon and remove all other options in the process. Everybody who's not voting either John or Inferno right now has a good deal of explaining to do on why they think neither of them should be lynched.

Gheb, why am I wrong to think that your second paragraph is an overly simplistic approach to things? It's true that we probably only have three lynches until we lose at this point. However, say we get lynch every passive player (plus your other scum picks) in the game. John and Inferno first. Then, if the game is still going, Clover and Vinyl in whatever order. Do you think town would of won by that point? Or would town of lost?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
DA VOTECOUNTIZZLE!!!

John2k4 (2): Inferno3044, Gheb_01
T-block (2): Clover, J
J (1): T-block

Not Voting (4): Vinyl., Sworddancer., Macman, John2k4

deadline is august 7 11:59 pm est

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sword, read my Soup vs John post >=(

Gheb, why am I wrong to think that your second paragraph is an overly simplistic approach to things? It's true that we probably only have three lynches until we lose at this point. However, say we get lynch every passive player (plus your other scum picks) in the game. John and Inferno first. Then, if the game is still going, Clover and Vinyl in whatever order. Do you think town would of won by that point? Or would town of lost?
What does this have to do with anything? I don't want the passive players dead right now, I just want them to move their fat, lazy ***** from wherever they are. Nobody is voting Inferno and the only player who's voting John besides me is Inferno. Just look at this:

Last Votecount said:
T-block (2): Clover, J
J (1): T-block

Not Voting (4): Vinyl., Sworddancer., Macman, John2k4
4/9 aren't voting anybody and 3 other players have their vote somewhere it doesn't belong - unless they have a good reason to leave Inferno *and* John alive toDay. I don't know how this is supposed to give us anything worth working with. If this Day ends with a NL I swear I'm going to burst in a cloud of salt.

Macman, John, Sword, J and I are down to lynch Inferno and I have no idea what could possibly keep us from doing so except lynching John first, which seems to have become a thing of only Inferno and me at this point and I don't really see why. I just want people to take a side already [especially John & Vinyl] and see what happens. If you lynch T-Block toDay you leave Inferno *and* John around, which I think is the far greater evil.

Come on guys, I'm really losing patience with this Day >=(

#HBC | Dancer

Sword, read my Soup vs John post >=(
Hwahwahwahwahwahwa

No.

What does this have to do with anything? I don't want the passive players dead right now, I just want them to move their fat, lazy ***** from wherever they are. Nobody is voting Inferno and the only player who's voting John besides me is Inferno. Just look at this:
Errr, sorry Gheb, but for whatever reason, I interperted as you saying that "passive players are screwing our options" as "lets kill em'."

#HBC | Dancer

Actually I'm changing my mind. Gheb can be town.

Gheb, imagine that we can't lynch Inferno OR John toDay. In that case scenario, what do you think about a J lynch? A TB lynch?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
TB said:
It’s weird how J has been asking for song claims this whole game. He plays it off as a joke (“I just like listening to the songs haha”), but he always asks with genuine desire to hear the claim.

Why does he say he is skeptical of Soup’s nameclaim of Under the Sea, but then says it makes sense from a flavour perspective?

Why does he mention he is more scared of tracker/watcher in post 783?

Post 795 was surprisingly defensive coming from J... overly so.

I feel that he dropped the Sword indy suspicion too easily.

In post 1160, when he supposedly has strong scum reads on me and Inferno, he calls me scum for my push on John, but calls Inferno a sheep rather than a scummate
Okay with your little "qualms" you have, all of them are reaches to say the least. With your first point you try and use the fact that I am more interested in song claims as a point for me being scummy? That doesn't make sense, because I have been asking for song-claims/role claims from my scum-reads. You keep trying to spread FUD around me w.r.t. this paranoid role you have tried pegging me with that I don't have.

Second, Soup's claim Under the Sea made sense because Sebastian watches Ariel in the entire movie and follows her to follow King Trident's orders. I was skeptical because Under the Sea + Part of That World didn't seem plausible in my eyes.

I already explained why I'm more afraid of tracker/watcher because those are the roles that have caught me in the past as scum, not cop. I mention it because it was brought up in the conversation. I didn't just "Oh just so you guys know, Tracker/Watcher make me quake in my skinny jeans."

Point out how my one post was "overly-defensive".

I dropped the Swords suspicion "too easily" after Rake's Indy flip? What are you getting at here? Yes, my suspicions of Swords were alleviated when he actually began to play the game from the time I posted that .gif because he actually stopped being cautious and finally took a turn at showing us his thoughts in more detail with a bit of brashness.

Last point is a technicality, my reads on both of your slots have been crystal clear so it should be known that I dislike both of you for different reasons. Your case on John is reaching/opportunistic and Inferno is a sheep for his own skin.

Next.

T-block said:
J has acted oddly around the wagon of John:
A quick summary of J’s stance on John D1/D2:
Post 715 - says John is more anti-town than scummy; wants Moth lynch before John lynch
Post 818 - says he is not sold on John being scum, but does not like his play

That’s it. If he thinks John is town, and that my hop onto him was opportunistic, what’s to be said about his own jump onto John, threatening to hammer? But that’s not that an important angle at this point, because they’re both actually scum.
Threatening to hammer? Give me a quote of me saying I will hammer John? If you are talking about that post of me "Contemplating" you are seriously twisting my actions T-Block. I never "threatened" John and actually have been defending his butt all game so don't give me this "J has been contradictory" BS without actually having the proof to back up this claim.

Your little quip at the end is terrible too "Doesn't matter both or scum, just cause."

TB said:
After I call twice for J’s vote to go on John, J makes post 1139, saying he is contemplating hammering John. What? Where did a willingness to hammer come from? He says in post 1142 that he needs to admit that his reads are a little bit off and that he could be reading John wrong. However, he then goes and says that John’s posts D3 have been a “different shade of bad” (implying scummy, I’d assume). John claims VT, and J suddenly switches to refusing to lynch John in post 1154. Where did that confidence in townJohn come from? In post 1182 he states that his defeatist tone “screams town”, claiming that he would have been hammering John more as anti-town. Again, what? First of all, does he really derive that much confidence in townJohn just from his defeatist tone? I don’t buy that. Then, he has a gut town read on a player, and thinks he is more anti-town than scum, yet he is contemplating ending the Day with his lynch rather than push a slot that he supposedly finds legitimately scummy (mine)? It doesn’t make sense from a town perspective.
I never said I was going to hammer John. Let me make this clear TB because you seem to be hard of reading since this is your biggest point and it's based on your mis-construment of my actions. You make assumptions saying "Implying scummy" which wasn't what I was getting at at all. I have just said his play toDay in the earlier phase was worse than the other days.

Do not try and paint me as giving John a pass purely based on VT. Also don't say that I completely gave John a pass because of his attitude. I have been saying John is more anti-town>scummy this entire game. However, when people like Macman/Swords come up and say "John's defeatist attitude rings damn towny" you do not get on their butts, why? I can answer this clearly. You are reaching for reasons to make your case on me seem like it has more weight and not talking about what other players did as well. So let me ask you, this action from me is scummy as you stated. That must mean Macman/Swords are scummier in your eyes because they feel the same way as me correct?

You continue to repeat the same statment that I was threatening to hammer which wasn't true at all, TB.

TB said:
J’s approach to T-block and Gheb have not been from a town perspective:
J has been pushing my slot in an insincere fashion all game, and the push does not come out of town motivation. Look at post 334, where he says that even though he dislikes Gheb, he likes the fact that he is voting me. This implies that J himself dislikes my slot, but the ONLY reason he has given for disliking me at this point is in post 288 for having Inferno as town. He does not elaborate any further on why he dislikes me. He does not address where I justified my town read on Inferno. He does not dig any further into my slot, but is instead content to voice shallow discontent and simply state that he is willing to lynch me. This is not townJ’s mentality.
An insincere fashion? How do you plan on backing this up with evidence? The thing I was doing was pressuring your slot based on the actions you had done. The battle between you and Gheb was just starting and I disliked both sides of the argument at the time because Gheb was attacking with weak reasoning and your reasoning for having Inferno as town was terrible considering what was going on. It looked more like scummy trying to get extra brownie points on a townie flip if it happened. However, I have no clue which of you two result in scum but I don't feel both of you are scum therefore, I was good with just giving you pressure while maintaining to dislike Inferno.

TB said:
Then at the beginning of D2, he has another convenient TvS on the T-block vs. Gheb interaction, with a scumread on the abductee, and a townread on the slot whom people were beginning to label as town towards the end of D1. This trend had been going on since early D1 - finding Gheb more suspicious when he was the more popular choice, and finding me more suspicious when I was the more popular choice. He finally gives more reason to have me as scum in post 1232 and it’s bull****. He reiterates his TvS read (and even says my lynch would turn Gheb into a scumpick if I flip town - setting up that mislynch if Gheb is town). He calls my hop onto John opportunistic, even though I was the first one to provide the Soup-bus angle, which is reasoning more solid than anything that had been presented so far. His post 1166 is grimy in asking me to quote John suspicion from earlier - because I wasn’t around to even have the opportunity to give it.
Conveniently placed on D2? I had been saying that since D1 so don't act like it just came out of the blue, TB. And hello, I'm the one who switched the popular train of thought on Gheb D1 and moved it onto you. I was the popular choice maker at the time so your point is out the window.

T-Block said:
I’ve already touched a bit on his approach to Gheb, but I want to specifically point out that he is comfortable with saying Gheb looks bad in post 334, yet in the very same post he admits that he cannot fully understand his poetry (sidenote: I don’t believe that he had so much trouble reading Gheb’s posts - the man loves theatre... he has a goddamn favourite Shakespearean play, and he is unable to extract the meaning from Gheb’s poetry? I’m an engineer - I deal with numbers all day and I haven’t read a proper novel in four years - and I had no trouble understanding him. J’s no idiot either). Would a town mindset (with a player as strong as J) cast suspicion on a player without understanding his posts? He flops into a scumGheb stance shortly after, claiming to have re-read his posts. Why wouldn’t he do that earlier? Again, not a town mentality.
You aren't even commenting on anything recent and dwelling on the past. T-Block, have you even been reading my posts toDay/yesterDay about Gheb-Yourself? We've already dealt with the Shakespeare bit because it's "lol, seriously?" And then you are just saying "Why didn't he do this the first time?" well TB, based on my posts, I was busy focusing on other things at the time and not really understanding before I decided to try and understand him more clearly. I've always had trouble with Gheb's poetry.

Conclusion: Your entire premise of "not being of the town perspective" is a load of bull to be blunt. You have warped yourself into this mind-set and have refused to try and see another way to look at it and try to use every point you can gather as a reason for me being scum (a.k.a. scum-goggles). So show me the town perspective in that.

Final Part.

TB said:
The Soup connection:
Reread the exchange between Soup and J when T-block vs. Gheb starts up, starting with post 310. Why does he ask Soup what he thinks about the situation? Note how weird he is being with always bringing up that Soup says what he wants to say (345, 346). Let me be clear that I’m not trying to suggest they are scum together because they are agreeing with each other. I am suggesting that they are scum together because the interaction looks scripted. Look at post 668 as well - what is the point of that question? Post 844 reads scripted as well.
Soup was my strongest town-read D1. In fact, he was everyone's strongest town-read D1. The only one who started "light pressure on Soup" is you and you were the only one to knock his town-cred which leads me more to believe you are connected to Soup because of the way you tried to be an outlier in the dilemma with Soup and your suspicion of him was bogus at the time. Our interactions look scripted? You do realize that's the same thing you are trying to not say by us "agreeing with each other". You keep saying scripted and as an actor, you have got to be kidding me. I don't look scripted when I'm putting on a show, especially a scum-one. To find my scum-buddies, you usually have to dig hard to find them based on their interactions with me instead of my interactions with them. That's my opinion on that matter.

And again, you just repeat yourself to make it seem like you have a stronger point here, when you don't really have anything substantial to hold weight to your point.

T-Block said:
I also want to point out the episode in which Soup calls J indy. He first voices indyJ suspicion in post 848, but Sworddancer is his main indy candidate. By post post 887 he is firmly asserting that J is indy. What changed between those two posts? Soup claims it was because he did not like J’s jump onto him (post 954) and a gut feeling stemming from the fact that I was the one who was abducted (post 987). Soup’s reasoning is weak, and his sudden confidence that J is indy does not make sense. So what is his motivation? It’s not survival - casting indy suspicion on someone else when you are under mafia suspicion is never going to get you out of a lynch. His motivation is distancing. What changed between Soup having Sworddancer as a top indy pick is the fact that Rake had come out with his result. This is when he begins distancing by calling J indy, fabricating reasoning such as “your jump sucked” (a jump that was induced by what is functionally a cop guilty) and night action WIFOM.
Soup was scum grasping at straws to hurt my credibility. What else can I say to this?

Sorry this is so late, been doing other things around the boards lately.

Getting to other things now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Actually I'm changing my mind. Gheb can be town.

Gheb, imagine that we can't lynch Inferno OR John toDay. In that case scenario, what do you think about a J lynch? A TB lynch?
Well what do YOU think about a J lynch? Or a TB lynch? You keep playing around with me toDay and it's no fun being used.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, you wanted why Inferno is scum. Here you go. I'm gonna start by saying I don't think T-Block and Inferno are on the same side. So if one of them flips scum, I will be moving the other to town. It's part of my PoE. The remaining part of whichever of these two is scum is in Gheb/Macman. (Leaning Macman, however Gheb is odd, lean-town though.) Vinyl's a variable I like having as town and John is deffo a town read.

Anyways let me bring this up as point on that has yet to be adressed by Inferno.

J said:
Alright taking a break from responding to TB because Inferno's last post just triggered something in me that is making me really worried.

A big reason I dislike Inferno is that he is not looking at intent of people and just looking for people to lynch. His last post exemplifies this in him saying "IDC what John is doing, let's lynch him." unlike people like myself/Swords looking at what is actually behind his posts rather than just wanting to find a lynch. Inferno also has kept his options open (which is not a reaching statement so I don't get why he got so miffed at that). He has left himself an out onto the TB wagon and kept forcing the claim issue with me and John but Inferno had originally not had TB as as scum-read but kept wanting a claim. Why? It's different from when I was asking for claims because I was pushing for claims off my scum-reads that were made known in the thread.

Inferno hasn't been looking for scum in my opinion, but more so just looking for lynches. His play toDay has just been him going with the flow of what he believes would get the lynch. It can be shown through the way he was alright with a TB lynch until TB/Gheb started the John wagon back up and then it's like "Yeah, let's just auto-kill John, no one listen to his appeal." He even tries to use my meta for John which is a complete stretch because I have self-voted as town and mafia for gambits and the like and this does not seem like a gambit from John. He doesn't seem to be analysising things in a deeper way and looking at things incredibly surface level which leads me to believe his intentions are ingenuine.

For now, while I respond to TB:

Unvote
Vote: Inferno

Starting to feel this is a better pathway for toDay.
Getting to other things, you have brought up the Inferno-Soup connection with the slight distancing of one another and not really dealing with each other at all. I would also like to bring up the fact of Inferno being convicted of Soup being scum after the Watcher claim and only the watcher claim. Regardless of what Inferno says, he was not fully for lynching Soup when the time came. Instead he kept it until after Soup claimed watcher and his conviction was weird. He even stated that the only thing that changed his mind to lynch Soup yesterDay was the fact that he claimed Watcher and not anything about his play nor about Rake's investigation. His odd conviction of Rake being indy/scum yesterDay did not make sense with the information presented before us. We had no one CC cop nor did we have anyone try suggesting Rake as scum besides Inferno which didn't make sense and still doesn't.

Inferno toDay has only been looking to save his own skin and the is pretty much all he has been doing all game. He has hidden behind the bigger targets in the game and said he would vote them to either "save his butt" or because his lynch he wants isn't going through but has not pushed a single scum-read himself this entire game. He has been content to just skate and sit on the side-lines this entire game.

Also what's with this "homework" shtick you have been working at? It's weird to say the least haha. (not in an alignment way, but a weird way to word/play this stuff)

Finally getting to John stuff now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
John is purely anti-town in my eyes. There is nothing scummy nor malicious behind his posts and Gheb needs to get rid of his hard-on for this slot being scum because he and TB working together to make that lynch go through is terrible.

Me and Marshy are probably the people who know how to read John the absolute best whenever it comes to him posting as of late and yes, I'm sorry if you don't like this but I will defend the dude because he is a town read of mine that is up for a lynch when there are much scummier targets (i.e. TB/Inferno, hell I'd lynch Macman before John). John is easy to paint as a ML because people don't look at the intent in which he is trying to post. Can someone seriously point to me something substantial w.r.t. John that isn't shallow/vapid? The entire case on him is bad and only brought about by people having a disagreement to how he plays.

TB's case is reaching on John and also his connection theory to Soup is weird/bad. Gheb has no case besides his connection case to Soup (which holds more weight than TB's) but than again, it's a connection case and not something based solely off of John's actions which Gheb has continuously just said is bad and therefore should be lynched.

So I have a challenge for you Swords, point me in the direction of a decent case on John.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We have 3 days till deadline.

Those on John need to gtfo and pick one of TB/Inferno to get on. Gheb will get onto Inferno, and Inferno will go onto TB which leaves us with a 3 v 1 vote. Swords has yet to make his concrete opinion on the matter known and his holding his cards close to the chest in order to try and help his own reads by seeing where people will go and what reasoning they will use behind it. Macman will come in here and most likely join TB wagon because he had said as such earlier. John will join TB because he has disliked TB since toDay, but he is up in the air because he said he liked TB/Inferno moreso.

And Vinyl is a wild-card.

TB will hop off of me to go to Inferno so the votes are just a bit up in the air as to which side will go toDay.

I'm so tired due to insomnia and having to be up because my sister's in the hospital but this keeping my mind off of it.

Let's see some votes fly already.

Top Bottom