• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion of Lesser Known Match Ups.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Nah Wario doesn't beat MK lol, but I think it's a MU that's closer to even like Diddy, Snake, Olimar, ICs and Falco

MK can do some nasty things to Wario, just watch out for his waft and you should be fine

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think it's more "wario can't do anything to MK" than "MK can do some nasty things to Wario", seriously just camp like that fatass shouldn't even be getting in your area code

NNID
Budget_Player
do luigi please :)
K. Nado beats virtually everything. Fair, bair, and dair beat the rest. You outrun him in every category. He has no range, no air speed, and all he has going for him is a ridiculously brutal kill game. If he comes anywhere near you, then you're doing something very wrong. It's like wario, except without the amazing dair, the decent poking fair, and the great air speed-oh and the waft is ridiculously hard to land. :awesome:

Isn't that matchup like 75-25 or something?

I think it's more "wario can't do anything to MK" than "MK can do some nasty things to Wario", seriously just camp like that fatass shouldn't even be getting in your area code
This. Seriously, just play stupidly safe. Sucks to lose the lead, but you shouldn't EVER lose it.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Never losing the lead is a dumb thing to say >____>

Wario isn't helpless, I mean full waft does like 50%? Uair does like 17? He can rack damage, just play smart.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah it's not realistic to keep the lead 100% of the time but you can camp him into positions where you can gain the lead back, you don't really need to ever agro him and when you do that is when you get farted on usually

V

Smash Ace
Wario's waft kills at like 60% offstage if he reads our recovery. His fthrow also does 12%.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
^Waft kills onstage for smaller stages (which is like all the neutrals) if half-charged >.>

btw you ppl probably already know this but a half charged waft has twice as much knockback than fully charged waft. However, Full charge waft deals twice as much damage as half charged waft.

V

Smash Ace
You don't even need the gr to beat wario idk why people think he's hard. Fiction lives right down the street I'm trying to get him to play maybe he'll prove me wrong

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You don't even need the gr to beat wario idk why people think he's hard. Fiction lives right down the street I'm trying to get him to play maybe he'll prove me wrong
Wario is hard because of fart. You'll think you're winning the entire stock, but then he'll fart and kill you at 80%. MK wins the MU, but it's not easy.

Learn to SDI Nair to avoid the grab after. It helps a LOT. Learn to punish Nair on shield in general. I'm pretty sure Uair is the only move that can if it's used correctly but I've heard Usmash OoS works?

V

Smash Ace
Space all 3 tilts and fair well and he can't do much. Hell falco can stop his approaches with jab and utilt...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was wondering how much a well-spaced Jab works agains Wario... I haven't had time for test it properly... =/

Staco

Smash Champion
Lol, if it was that easy to play Wario.
Playing campy against Wario doesn´t work well, you have to approach.
If you space your Fair forward he can just run in and shieldgrab you or jump over you and Dair you.
If you space it backwards, he won´t grab you, but the Dair thing still works + your zoning will get ****ed up, you will be pressured towards the edge.
Fart kills extremly early. :s
If you are offstage at fart kill percents and he has got the fart you are extremly pressured.
I never would try to go offstage after getting the first stock, when he got his fart and you are at kill percents.

Dair camp also isn´t save, **** that UAir.

If he predicts the UTilt he can dodge through it and punish you for it or you will get at least in a disadvantaged position.
He could also just space away and then Nair/Fair your ending lag of the UTilt, I believe.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Learn to SDI Nair to avoid the grab after. It helps a LOT. Learn to punish Nair on shield in general. I'm pretty sure Uair is the only move that can if it's used correctly but I've heard Usmash OoS works?
uair? O_o
also where do you sdi nair away +up/down?
Playing campy against Wario doesn´t work well, you have to approach.
false

If you space your Fair forward he can just run in and shieldgrab you or jump over you and Dair you.
he shouldnt be shield grabbing your fair. if he is youre ********. also if warios fighting you on the ground, thats GREAT for you LMFAO
if he jump, he has a 7 frame jump plus he has to space and then dair and fast fall...,, <_<

Staco;11437820 If you are offstage at fart kill percents and he has got the fart you are extremly pressured. I never would try to go offstage after getting the first stock said:
you should def try and gimp wario even if he has a fart, lmao. its the only way youre killing him below 200% XD

V

Smash Ace
well fiction needs to stop *****ing about stuff and **** larry
That won't be happening any time soon larry's surpassed him by a margin unless fiction takes this game seriously again. I've been trying to get him to play with me and my group. M2K is coming out with atomsk and maybe lee martin and we're all gonna play on Monday so hopefully that sparks his interest again

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
uair? O_o
Up + the direction he's coming from. (into him)

And yeah, Uair works. It's kinda awkward, but we all forget how good MK's Uair really is sometimes. Even if we think it's amazing, we're still not fully acknowledging it.

NNID
Budget_Player
From my (very limited) pit experience, you want to midrange the **** out of him. Everything you do has a much longer range than him, but his arrows are annoying. Get close to him and do your best to stay there. Play footsies well, and the match is yours... From my experience.

Staco

Smash Champion
uair? O_o

false

he shouldnt be shield grabbing your fair. if he is youre ********. also if warios fighting you on the ground, thats GREAT for you LMFAO
if he jump, he has a 7 frame jump plus he has to space and then dair and fast fall...,, <_<

you should def try and gimp wario even if he has a fart, lmao. its the only way youre killing him below 200% XD
if you space the fair forward and then backward, like most MKs do all the time, he is able to shieldgrab it (running in and shielding, when predicting a fair)
warios dash is pretty short, so it works, if you don´t space it completly backwards

I saw Glutony doing it, that´s why I mention it

about the camping thing:
I mean, you give him time to get that fart loaded and giving him a realistic chance to come back, if you got the lead
I don´t mean to rush or something
just approaching and not trying to avoid conflict to give him time

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
can someone help me with a wolf user? he do only spam, Bair, fsmash and dsmash

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Let's take this one step at a time from what I've done against annoying wolf players.

First of all if a wolf is just spamming moves all day and not camping whether that be shielding, running back, or hopping in the air then you can pretty much camp him and he'll be forced to approach, in which case you can powershield all of his ground approaches and get a grab, or nado all of his air options. As far as I've seen wolf really can't do much to approach you except for bair.

Bair - Realize that if the wolf is good he can space these pretty perfectly and have no end lag because wolf's bair is probably his best move. Also realize if he starts getting predictable with it nado will eat this up really easy as long as you are a decent distance away when he's spamming it.

fsmash - I'm assuming you're on the ground when you're getting hit by this because if you're in the air (so long as you aren't on the ledge) this move will probably send you nowhere, if anything a tiny bit upward which shouldn't be that big of a deal. So if you're on the ground and it's spaced perfectly wolf should be right in front of you when the fsmash is done. Most wolf's I've played buffer a dsmash right after their fsmash if it's spaced right in hopes to hit you and then follow up with something like a laser or dash attack. You can shield both of these and get a free grab almost all the time. If the wolf ends up behind you because he spaced it incorrectly once again shield because he'll probably buffer a dsmash and then you can turn around and use ftilt or dtilt pretty safely since you'll likely be farther away.

dsmash - like stated in the fsmash section most of the times i've seen this it's been after an fsmash, if you're having problems with this on the ledge then just hop off the ledge and uair them until they go away, they can't space their dsmash to hit you and have them not get hit. the only stage where this may not be the case is pictochat i'd think

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I always feel like Pit's ground game is better than mine. @_@ And for some reason I always get hit with stutter step fsmash shiz. Also the pit's I have done bad against have always been campy.

Staco

Smash Champion
**** it, I feel like I need to steal your avatar, its awesome :D

I think Wolf is a pretty though matchup for MK
wolf can hold you back from him pretty good

try to get him close to the ledge, so that he is pressured and he will maybe jump then
catch him with a tornado
when you got him in the air try to juggle him as much as possible, it´s the thing that really turns around this MU

nair from the ledge to edgeguard his side b (you won´t get him gimped that easily, but there is the possibility), holding him offstage and give him some more damage

tornado stops him from getting up and you will get him back in the air again
I also like to nado offstage and catch his side b
if he uses side b and he doesnt touch the ground with it, he will get extra lag the next time he is landing except he is doing another side b onto the stage or an aerial
expect him to do that aerial and shieldgrab
if he doesnt do it he will have extra landing lag and you can easily punish him

Orion*

Smash Researcher
stay Just outside of dtilt spacing and react

he shouldnt be able to hit you from there, and if he does anything you can poke him w/ a 3 frame move

legitimately, this is probably what you should do if you dont know a mu in general LOL

edit: this was initially at pit

NNID
Budget_Player
Grab him. Pummel him until he groundreleases. Dashgrab.
K. What can I get out of it? I'm pretty sure dsmash works, anything above 6 frames should then... What's the limit on the top? Or rather, what's my best option gonna be once the CG is over? Imma go practice.

EDIT: Derp, cg->edgeguard. I'm derpy. How do slants effect it? Like, the one on frigate.

Top Bottom