• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

karthik_king

Smash Ace
For this game I think it will most likely be the dinos that people that people recognize without wikipedia so i am all for a name claim on day 1

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ronike part of your justification for not commenting on the "arguments" you mentioned was because you'd supposedly feel like you were interrupting. i pointed out why there's nothing to interrupt. don't care why you're inactive i'm just trying to get you and others to comment on them.

as me saying that you were vague it was rockin who said something along the lines of "marshy is acting pretty weird...". again this bothers me because rockin should know exactly why i'm playing this way yet acts clueless and can get away with it because my whole being suspicious of him is based off of his continuing game which i can't comment on.

As for me acting differently oh well, this is what macman was getting at earlier. again there's nothing i can say that'd be satisfiable that wouldn't involve me revealing what i'm looking for in the nameclaim and/or roleclaiming. this is such an easy way to cast suspicion on me and a good way to not have to be reprimanded for it. light may be shed on this later though.

and your suggestions aren't justified. "Well duh it's common sense" is worthless because if Townies (which i'm not saying you are at all and i'm actually kinda suspicious of you) start giving suggestions then mafia can hop on and point at them, which'll just lead to a mess. again that'll most likely just end up hurting us.

as for the mafia knowing google that's true but doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to use it to come up with a good enough lie to slip through. in nowhere mafia one of the mafia members was discovered because he hadn't looked up enough info about his character when claiming. and i said "sites" implying that i think no more sites should be said because there's little point in giving mafia even the slightest advantage.

and your last 2 responses are just silly attempts to make me look like a bully. i'm trying to talk and argue and get people to agree before i push it, instead of just coming out of nowhere with a nameclaim.

as for why you can ask me and i won't give you that response you mentioned

Niiro

Smash Ace
For this game I think it will most likely be the dinos that people that people recognize without wikipedia so i am all for a name claim on day 1
Wow, so you are saying you will do the name claim BECAUSE it won't help?
unFoS: Extended Jokes
Fos: KK

Explain please.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Not gonna go really in depth, Im busy...

ronike part of your justification for not commenting on the "arguments" you mentioned was because you'd supposedly feel like you were interrupting. i pointed out why there's nothing to interrupt. don't care why you're inactive i'm just trying to get you and others to comment on them.
And so I posted an argument. Whatever, lets drop it, we won't get anywhere by arguing on it.

as me saying that you were vague it was rockin who said something along the lines of "marshy is acting pretty weird...". again this bothers me because rockin should know exactly why i'm playing this way yet acts clueless and can get away with it because my whole being suspicious of him is based off of his continuing game which i can't comment on.
TMI. Ima ignore that for the other game, and Rockin should be doing the same, and thus not gain extra info we dont have.

As for me acting differently oh well, this is what macman was getting at earlier. again there's nothing i can say that'd be satisfiable that wouldn't involve me revealing what i'm looking for in the nameclaim and/or roleclaiming. this is such an easy way to cast suspicion on me and a good way to not have to be reprimanded for it. light may be shed on this later though.
To you oh well, I respond with another. This is a stalemate. You aren't going to change your views, nor explain yourself (which I don't want and never wanted on the off chance you are telling the truth). Im just not sure you are telling the truth. And sure, maybe I am getting a little paranoid over one little thing McFox said, but still, Ima stick with it.

and your suggestions aren't justified. "Well duh it's common sense" is worthless because if Townies (which i'm not saying you are at all and i'm actually kinda suspicious of you) start giving suggestions then mafia can hop on and point at them, which'll just lead to a mess. again that'll most likely just end up hurting us.
Im not quite sure what you mean here. How could saying something that is common sense give the mafia something to hop on? Explain.

as for the mafia knowing google that's true but doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to use it to come up with a good enough lie to slip through. in nowhere mafia one of the mafia members was discovered because he hadn't looked up enough info about his character when claiming. and i said "sites" implying that i think no more sites should be said because there's little point in giving mafia even the slightest advantage.
You would have a point here, if I had said anything not common sense to look for. But I do agree we should not share sites besides the obvious. Im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here and just call you a wee bit over paranoid, cause I am too, just in different ways

and your last 2 responses are just silly attempts to make me look like a bully. i'm trying to talk and argue and get people to agree before i push it, instead of just coming out of nowhere with a nameclaim.
Not the second to last, only the last. But I mean come on, you say the same things over and over and expect people to not call you on it? You have to admit, you are saying things along that line over and over.

as for why you can ask me and i won't give you that response you mentioned
Im not gonna ask why. You obviously have a reason why not to tell us. Whether the true reason be scummish or pure, you can easily just say the pure reasoning. So nope. Im good, thanks.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
by saying "amphibians will likely have X role" that puts people on edge because you could be alluding to your own role, or another player may think you're actually suggesting a very unlikely role and call you out for it, at which point you or another player may be forced to provide an answer that'd require saying more about those names. just junk like that which could lead to more speculation as to who would have what, at which point mafia can slip by doing it since Townies are doing it.

and the point about not naming sites wasn't really meant to argue against you. you're right in saying that i'm paranoid about this nameclaim because it's a delicate situation and i'm afraid 1 person speaking up about the wrong thing could lead to other potential townies suggesting sites or whatever.

and yes i expect people to call me out on it since it's fair to be skeptical. once the nameclaim is over i think they'll be less skeptical about it since i'll and potentially other players'll reveal what was being looked for once it's done.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
However I refuse to remove my vote from you because I am still not convinced. And because if you are mafia, I want you to know that there is always that pressure coming from me.
since you're doing this i'm going to force this to be an annoying situation for both of us. with the plurality it's possible that we won't be able to decide on a good lynch candidate, and you'll be the only person with a vote which'd be on me leading to my lynching. since i'd rather you die than me, i'm letting you know now that i'm voting you immediately once D2 starts so when you tie it with me, i can be sure that you'll be the one dead instead of me since in case of a tie the person who got voted on first will be lynched when deadline hits.

though i'd rather you just unvote me and agree that it'd be way suspicious if either of us voted each other immediately once D2 starts. also can you confirm if you meant you'll just leave your vote on for toDay, but not vote me tomorrow once it started so i'd be the default lynch? if so then i won't be doing this

also there's a vote tie between me, niiro, and 1048. this really really bothers me because no one has expanded on why niiro's suspicious. 1048 not so much because lombo hasn't gone hasn't responded yet. what mostly bothers me is the fact that we're the ones who've posted the most and while that doesn't grant immunity at all it makes me think a vote on an inactive is justified around this time. right now i'd rather them not die.

Vote: yaya

he's contributed the least with one 2 line post that's had anything to do with the game. other 2 were joke votes and sign up. this'll go off once there's more discussion, suspicions, etc. this is just incentive to let us know what you're thinking.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I'm suspious because I wanted a Name Claim on day one. I really think we should do it asap to maybe, catch somebody off guard?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
104: Okay, didn't see that that was directed at me, as it wasn't worded too well. Basically, you're saying that because you're pushing for a name claim while most of the town is avoiding name claim, the anti-claimers are more scummy than you. This doesn't have anything to do with the point I made, as you are still avoiding my argument. "You made a scummy statement" is not countered with "Oh yeah well at least I'm doing something." You chose to bring up something non-scummy about you in order to counter something that was scummy about you.

I don't think that your stance on the name claim is much of an indicator of your alignment. And no, not supporting the name claim is not more of a scum tell than your odd statement. Especially not when 75% of the players are against name claiming. I don't think 75% of the players are mafia.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
From a couple of pages ago Niiro what i mean there will be no posing as an Archeopteryx or something like that. So this time you have a chance of being a copycat

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I wasn't planning on leaving my vote on at the beginning of D2. Since by then we should have more info because N1 already passed and at that point my thoughts of you may change. I was just saying that I'm leaving my vote on for now. However if we nameclaim/or something else comes up, I will either vote for someone else or reconfirm my vote for you.

on a different note: Why did you choose to vote for Yaya instead of KK? I agree that 2 line posts should not be tolerated, however KK did the same thing. Was it because he supported the nameclaim? Or was it a random choice? Because yaya atleast tried to make a point, whereas KK just spewed some incoherent nonsense[sorry, I didn't understand what your post meant].

karthik_king

Smash Ace
What i mean is that it will be much harder to lie about what role you have. Not only that it will be very easy to tell what is mafia and whats not so they might end up copycatting someone which will give us a great target. So in this case it would be a great idea to do a name claim unlike in Sleepover mafia where you could come up with loads of female Nintendo characters.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You really think there are more female nintendo characters than dinosaurs? THATS MADNESS!!!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh god stop talking about dinosaurs

i chose yaya after clicking on the number of replies and saw that he and pythag were at the bottom with 3 each. pythag has 1 post dedicated to signing up and 2 talking about stuff once it started. yaya has 1 signup post, 1 joke vote, and 1 post talking about stuff once it started. i'll admit that i didn't look through kk's posts because he was higher than those two.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just pointing this out since you said you didn't say it. Can we all agree that three mafia seems right for a game of 13? This means that you value the cop at 1/3 of the town, since you think one cop for one maf is a failed nameclaim. Same goes for the doctor. So the whole rest of the town is only worth 1/3 of the town, same as the cop. That's absurd.

If we take out 1/3 of the mafia for less than 1/3 of the town, that's good. I feel like at least one maf will be unable to handle the name claim.

I just thought of something. If we wait until d2 to do this, that means the mafia will have had one night to converse with each other to come up with better aliases. Two heads are better than one. I think if we do a nameclaim, we should do it today to obtain maximum benefit.
Nope yet again I didn't say it, I said it was a failed name claim, I never said it was in favor of scum.

You're drawing conclusions when they aren't there.

Smash Master
104: Okay, didn't see that that was directed at me, as it wasn't worded too well. Basically, you're saying that because you're pushing for a name claim while most of the town is avoiding name claim, the anti-claimers are more scummy than you. This doesn't have anything to do with the point I made, as you are still avoiding my argument. "You made a scummy statement" is not countered with "Oh yeah well at least I'm doing something." You chose to bring up something non-scummy about you in order to counter something that was scummy about you.

I don't think that your stance on the name claim is much of an indicator of your alignment. And no, not supporting the name claim is not more of a scum tell than your odd statement. Especially not when 75% of the players are against name claiming. I don't think 75% of the players are mafia.
So, when someone confronts YOU about a scummy statement, you say "I screwed up don't lynch me" and everything goes away somehow. When someone confronts ME about a scummy statement, I at least try to explain myself. Take it for what it's worth.

Anyway, about the statement in question: It's an honest sentiment. If I was mafia, going against a nameclaim would be the optimal strategy for me. As the least experienced player, I would not know which dinosaur to pick, and I would probably forget about something obscure. In addition, I'd have 75% of the crowd to blend into, so nobody would be at all suspicious of my opposition.

unvote: Karthik King before I forget

Also, again, we need to do this day one, so that the mafia don't have a chance to converse. Who knows, maybe both of them will pick the same one :chuckle:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Macman, on any forum page, click on the number or replies a given topic has, and you can see how many times each person has posted in that topic.

Ronike

Smash Ace
unvote: McFox Vote: KK

I've told you plenty of time explain your votes. And then you don't. Yeah.

In other news, sorry I had to unvote you Mcfox, but it was time.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry that I've been "inactive" I just haven't had much ideas on what to post.
I keep flip flopping in my head as to what I think would be best as far as the name claim debate is concerned.

I don't have a whole lot to say, I've had multiple things typed out, but I keep rewriting.
I AM in favor of a name claim now though. I think see where marsh is going with this, or at the very least, I see how this is a solid plan. I'm for it, as it pushes the mafia into a defensive mode, puts the pressure on them, and leads to potential suspects.
wooo.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I am voting for KevinM because for some reason he thinks that a nameclaim in favor of the town is a failure. Therefore i think he is scum

Yaya

Smash Champion
Kathik, you favored a name claim because it WOULDN'T help, now, I may be off track here, but that is very scummy, especially after that vote.

Epic FoS: KK

Smash Master
Karthik King: I get the feeling you don't have the whole backstory. Those weren't KevinM's exact words. I just got tired of quoting the same line again and again. The actual converstion went something like this (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, KevinM)

Ke: Well, if they throw away a scum and somehow hit our cop or doc, that's a failed nameclaim, IMO.
10: If there are 3 mafs, which seems like a reasonable number, then because you say one maf for one cop or one doc is in favor of scum, you must value the whole rest of the town equal to the cop or doc.
Ke: I didn't say that that tradeoff was in favor of scum.
10: Well then why would you consider it a failure?

From now on, please make an effort to keep up with the thread.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I consider it a failure because for the rest of the game we're without a power role while the mafia can hang back without fear of being investigated.

Is it a failure, maybe not.

Imo it is.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Unvote: Xenu

He's not such a bad guy. He sneds spirits to earff and doesn't afraid of anything.

Vote: KK

For a reason like voting for a man because he believes a nameclaim is a failure THIS early in the game is slightly ridiculous.

Like everyone else has said before, name claim HELPS maf.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I didn't say that name claim helps mafia. It only helps them if we sit here doing nothing, allowing the mafia more time to prepare.

Smash Master
I consider it a failure because for the rest of the game we're without a power role while the mafia can hang back without fear of being investigated.

Is it a failure, maybe not.

Imo it is.
Describing the cop's role doesn't change the fact that the cop is worth less than 1/3 of the town, whereas a goon is worth 1/3 of the mafia; again, assuming one cop, one doc, and three scum. The goal of the game is to get rid of 100% of the scum before they can get rid of nearly 100% of the town. Thus, if we can get the mafia to 67% and keep us at more than 67%, then we are winning, no?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote: Xenu

He's not such a bad guy. He sneds spirits to earff and doesn't afraid of anything.

Vote: KK

For a reason like voting for a man because he believes a nameclaim is a failure THIS early in the game is slightly ridiculous.

Like everyone else has said before, name claim HELPS maf.
This is the kind of post that makes me very leery because of the safety of the vote, and the lack of substance in the post. You don't say enough that would incriminate you, nor are you involved in the main argument of a name claim (save for the sentence, which you conveniently allow everyone else to back up)

THIS is the kind of post that really makes me cautious.

Top Bottom