• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Vote: Rockin

Because you've updated your mafia game yet haven't responded to this thread. then there's the fact that you should know why i wanted a nameclaim better than everybody else but act like i'm suggesting malarkey. By holding off you could be talking with your scum buddies and you're definitely giving Town less time to make accusations and talk toDay. same goes for ronike who hasn't posted in a while and hasn't expanded on his kk vote. macman hasn't been online since the nameclaim started so i don't think he's as suspicious for holding out when he genuinely hasn't been here

hurry up

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh and uh unvote yaya then vote rockin though it may go back on once rockin and others reveal

Ronike

Smash Ace
Look, sorry, but I've been busy, the only time I could have posted was last night, and I was drunk. We all know what happens when you go on SB drunk *looks pointedly at Macman*

Anyways, Marshy I still don't trust you for reasons I've previously stated, and I'm not sure where you are going with this, so no matter how scummy it makes me look, I'm not going to nameclaim. I think its scummy that you tried to force us into nameclaiming, so feel free to think its scummy that I'm not going to succumb to pressure, but I think you have some weird reason to want us all to nameclaim. Plus you keep bringing up that Rockin has more info than the rest of us, when you really shouldn't be trying to use that info at all. It seems to be a desperate push to get him to claim as well.

Oh, and unvote: KK The vote was cause the kid needs to learn how to play...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
you don't know the entire story and telling me i'm wrong for it is drawing conclusions way too soon. i've already said that my reasoning for being suspicious of rockin will make sense once his game is over so why wouldn't i try to take advantage of that? what's the point of trying to protect him the way you are?

and i've already addressed your arguments for being against a nameclaim. refusing to do so is being way too suspicious of me and damning yourself. just go through with it already instead of trying to stop it by yourself when the majority has already moved towards it.

if you're Town, then letting yourself die like this will probably just force us to waste a lynch because of your stubbornness when there'll be other suspicious people to look at

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Your constant pushing is annoying and I should have my say no matter what. If I didn't want a name claim on 1st day, then I plain just don't want it. Even if I don't have a strong reason for it, please at least respect the reason for it

But if it'll make you happy, then I'll give a nameclaim

I'm a Confuciusornis, a herbivore

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Vote: the original BtB (Ronike)

He is being overly stubborn and acting very scummy since he wont name claim.

So yup I am voting Ronike

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Ronike's refusal to name claim is scummy, but considering how many people have already gone, it would be easy for him to safely fake a name at this point. It's possible that he's legitimately against this, but I still disagree with him and think he needs to claim.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ronike, I would like to point out that when Marshy started this the majority of the town was either for it or neutral, with a minority against. It was in large part the town's decision, so I think you really should join with it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far

karthik_king (1): KevinM
Marshy (1): Macman
Ronike (1): karthik_king

Depending on how long it takes to finish this name claim so that you guys can then talk about it, I may have to move the deadline back. We'll see how it goes. Like I said, if I push the deadline back for D1, then the other days will be shorter, but that may just have to be the way it goes. We'll see.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Can we get an activity poke for Macman?

He hasn't been posting in either this thread or the Mafia Milkyway Sleepover.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ronike, I would like to point out that when Marshy started this the majority of the town was either for it or neutral, with a minority against. It was in large part the town's decision, so I think you really should join with it.
Be that as it may, Marshy's way to suggest this and push it has always been saying "I'm doing this like it or not, you might as well do it with me", plus some convincing arguments, I consent. However, these arguments still don't change the fact that he's pushing this way too hard. I think he has something to gain FOR HIMSELF, not for the town, by getting everyone to claim, so I refuse to claim.

Smash Master
What kind of indi role do you have in mind which would gain tremendous benefit from a nameclaim, Ronike?

Does anyone else find Lombo suspicious? I get the first gaffe where he said that smart dino might equal cop could be a genuine mistake, or he might have felt that mafia could figure that out on their own. However, that last post of his, basically warning mafia to not pick dinos from that particular genus, raises a huge red flag in my book. It would have been easy to wait to post that information until after everyone (or at least the first eleven) nameclaimed, no?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
What kind of indi role do you have in mind which would gain tremendous benefit from a nameclaim, Ronike?

Does anyone else find Lombo suspicious? I get the first gaffe where he said that smart dino might equal cop could be a genuine mistake, or he might have felt that mafia could figure that out on their own. However, that last post of his, basically warning mafia to not pick dinos from that particular genus, raises a huge red flag in my book. It would have been easy to wait to post that information until after everyone (or at least the first eleven) nameclaimed, no?
I agree with this. I find it kind of hard to believe that those would be accidents. I mean, really, you are TYPING this out in front of you. Surely you would see what you are writing and what would help the mafia. His excuse I believe was something along the lines of "just thinking out loud." I'm pretty sure that you should be doing your thinking BEFORE you post.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I can't believe I missed that. No more staying up late for me.

Along with that evidence, one could assume that the entire mafia is going under a certain genus code. Lombo, rhetorically being maf, could point that out and appear to be helpful.

Smash Master
I think if we expel Lombo and he's maf, then Pythag and mentosman are clear. If we expel Lombo and he's town, then Pythag and mentosman are somewhat under the gun for claiming similar dinos.

vote Mr.Lombardi

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So if I'm correct that is everyone who is going to claim claimed. I agree with 104 that Lombo may not be a bad choice. Those posts he made suggesting possible role-dino relations, and the other pointing out something like 2 being same genus, looks like trying to give the mafia advice. I would like to have some discussion first, so I'm not going to place my vote just yet.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
You do know what a genus is right? I'm not warning them to do that, it's common sense not to pick THE SAME DINOSAUR as another player. If any mafiat was helped by me telling them that, then they probably aren't going to win anyway.

I agree with this. I find it kind of hard to believe that those would be accidents. I mean, really, you are TYPING this out in front of you. Surely you would see what you are writing and what would help the mafia. His excuse I believe was something along the lines of "just thinking out loud." I'm pretty sure that you should be doing your thinking BEFORE you post.
The Girrafititan/Brachiosaurus thing was not a mistake. I did not think it could do any harm because claiming the same dinosaur as somebody else is such an incredibly obvious thing that mafia shouldn't do!

So if I'm correct that is everyone who is going to claim claimed. I agree with 104 that Lombo may not be a bad choice. Those posts he made suggesting possible role-dino relations, and the other pointing out something like 2 being same genus, looks like trying to give the mafia advice. I would like to have some discussion first, so I'm not going to place my vote just yet.
Two dinosaurs of the same genus are essentially the same dinosaur. There is no advice. I don't think there were any mafiats that were helped by learning not to pick the SAME DINOSAUR TO CLAIM as somebody else. I'm just repeating myself now.

Smash Master
Genus =/= species.

They are similar dinos, not the same.

Either way, there way no reason to post to tell the mafia to avoid that genus and maybe check to make sure that their dino doesn't belong to the same genus as a dino previously claimed. It happened once; it could easily have happened again if you didn't make that post. That was the whole point of the nameclaim.

Not only that, but Marshy explicitly told everyone to wait until after the claims to post so that mafia would make mistakes. The fact that your reaction was, 'I better post' screams mafia.

This wasn't the first screw up on your part either.

The great thing is; if you turn up scum, we are well on our way to winning, since you will have cleared two people.

If you turn up town, I can't see it having more drawbacks than any other D1 mislynch.

If your advice couldn't possibly have helped anyone, explain why the two people who picked the same dinosaur are suspicious. I mean, nobody could be that stupid according to you, right?

Either mentosman and pythag are obviously clear and you're suspicious for accusing them, or the possibility exists that someone can make such a blunder and you're suspicious for not waiting until everyone who is willing to claim has claimed.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
why is everyone talking about it when not all have nameclaim yet?

Ronike and a few others have yet to namelclaim.

Smash Master
Oh, I thought everyone claimed except Ronike, and he said he wasn't going to. Whoops.

Smash Master
Scanning real quick I see 14 pictures. Two of them are Lombo quotes. Ronike said he wouldn't claim. I think that's everybody. Don't have time to be thurough right now, sorry.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
There's actually 12 pictures. Ronike is the only one that didn't claim. Even if he's the last one to not claim and may seemed the most suspicious, I still feel we shouldn't give him any ideas if he's Mafia.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm not waiting for Ronike to post at this point, he's a lost cause and is slowing the game down, but as I suspected we're also of the same Genus.

So Lombo is one of us lying as well?

Why did you only draw attention to those two?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
You are being ridiculous 104. Not picking the same genus should have been obvious - I am not helping the mafia fake-claim at all by saying "Don't pick nearly-identical dinos," as it is a terrible idea.

That said, I don't know why Mentos claimed such a similar dinosaur. I find it suspicious because if he really was the Brachiosaurus, I think he would speak out a bit more about Pythag's claim. I could say the same for pythag, but he hasn't posted since.

As for KevinM and Niiro: Yes, I also find that pretty odd, I just didn't have time to make much of a post this morning. I'm not sure what can really be said about all of this, though. I personally think Mentosman's claim is the most suspicious, because he should have said something about Pythag. This goes for Niiro as well, but his dino isn't as close to Kevin's, regardless of classification.

Vote: Mentosman

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
For all we know, there were dinos from the same genus put in for the sole fact of making a nameclaim confusing. I still find your actions before and during the name-claim to have been suspicious(seeing as we had said we shouldn't say anything about the name-claim until everyone had gone to avoid helping mafia.)

Now, I haven't said anything against Pythag's claim because I am not suspicious of him yet, and it may very well have been done by McFox to confuse a name-claim. Also at the point you said that everyone hadn't claimed yet, which made it a bad idea to point out a possible conflict while there may still have been mafia who hadn't claimed who it may have helped.

With the deadline looming, and what I've seen so far, I'm with 104 that lynching Lombo today may be our best bet. So, my vote is going on now, Vote: Mr.Lombardi

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
<3 Kevin

You are being ridiculous 104. Not picking the same genus should have been obvious - I am not helping the mafia fake-claim at all by saying "Don't pick nearly-identical dinos," as it is a terrible idea.
the beef i have with it is that if you had disagreed with me saying in big bold letters not to say anything until people were done then at least explain why i was wrong to say that, have a back and forth, then say it depending on what happened. that way you don't needlessly draw attention to yourself.

you also earn irony points because apatosaurus translates to "deceptive lizard".

there's one other key thing i have a problem with but it has to do with your claim and some other stuff about different people too but am hesitant because ronike hasn't gone yet. partly why i'm not voting you yet.

ronike i've been promising something with the nameclaim the entire time and want to to reveal it but can't unless you jump in. i'll quote myself:
also everybody should know that there's a certain criteria for nameclaiming that is extremely easy to overlook if you were lying. it's nearly invisible.
you're the only one left. nameclaim so i can say it because i think it could help. please budge on this.

warning ahead of time: i'm liable to get bored and just say it anyway but would much prefer you just go along with it so we don't have to worry about you so much.

Top Bottom