• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I know what you're thinking Marshy, and it was part of the reason I decided to go toward the name-claim eventually. I agree though, Ronike needs to name-claim before you reveal it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You are being ridiculous 104. Not picking the same genus should have been obvious - I am not helping the mafia fake-claim at all by saying "Don't pick nearly-identical dinos," as it is a terrible idea.

That said, I don't know why Mentos claimed such a similar dinosaur. I find it suspicious because if he really was the Brachiosaurus, I think he would speak out a bit more about Pythag's claim. I could say the same for pythag, but he hasn't posted since.

As for KevinM and Niiro: Yes, I also find that pretty odd, I just didn't have time to make much of a post this morning. I'm not sure what can really be said about all of this, though. I personally think Mentosman's claim is the most suspicious, because he should have said something about Pythag. This goes for Niiro as well, but his dino isn't as close to Kevin's, regardless of classification.

Vote: Mentosman
Both of our Dino's are known as Dome-headed dinos, they look similar. Yet you only find it odd?

However when Mentos makes a claim he doesn't say anything about finding it suspicious because he waited until everyone name claimed something which you didn't do.

Vote: Lombo

You're reasoning for pressure is weak.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
A good standing among town, for one.
i'm mostly responding to this for ronike. i outright said "let's do this plan. if you don't like it i'm just going to force you" and spent a lot of time arguing with people over it.

also ronike you're not the only person suspicious of me. macman wanted me lynched and rockin also thought i was pushing this too hard and said i was acting weird. plenty of people resisted the nameclaim at first and part of the reasoning may have been because they thought the same as you supposedly are now. i know you never said that you're the only one who's suspicious of me but there's reason to believe that people are keeping an eye on me and others, just in case you think there aren't. that's why i pushed so hard, i saw a potential benefit and when i saw people responding with things that didn't justify forgoing it i kept to it. the benefit to the nameclaim has nothing to do with my role

and rockin late response but i can't just let it fly when you say "i plain just don't want a nameclaim" because obviously mafia avoid or jump onto things for certain reasons and not asking for an explanation can let them slip by. annoying most definitely but necessary

Ronike

Smash Ace
i'm mostly responding to this for ronike. i outright said "let's do this plan. if you don't like it i'm just going to force you" and spent a lot of time arguing with people over it.
Which is why I don't like it, and thus refuse to go along with it.

ialso ronike you're not the only person suspicious of me. macman wanted me lynched and rockin also thought i was pushing this too hard and said i was acting weird. plenty of people resisted the nameclaim at first and part of the reasoning may have been because they thought the same as you supposedly are now. i know you never said that you're the only one who's suspicious of me but there's reason to believe that people are keeping an eye on me and others, just in case you think there aren't.
The thing is, I'm refusing to claim because I think you have an ulterior motive to make us do so, and therefore by claiming, I think I would be helping you fulfill this, which I think could be disasterous to the town. I don't care if others are watching you.

ithat's why i pushed so hard, i saw a potential benefit and when i saw people responding with things that didn't justify forgoing it i kept to it. the benefit to the nameclaim has nothing to do with my role
Say it as much as you want, I don't trust you.

ronike i've been promising something with the nameclaim the entire time and want to to reveal it but can't unless you jump in. i'll quote myself:you're the only one left. nameclaim so i can say it because i think it could help. please budge on this.
You know what, fine. I am the Dakosaurus

Did you really think saying please was going to make me change my mind? That's the best you are getting.

warning ahead of time: i'm liable to get bored and just say it anyway but would much prefer you just go along with it so we don't have to worry about you so much.
I'll consider actually claiming after you give said reason, if I deem it good enough.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ronike, there is a good reason to claim I'm pretty sure I've found, I think it's best if you just claim. If Marshy's thinking what I am, it will put a lot of suspicion on you if it's revealed before you claim.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
At this point even if you're town, you're stubbornness can only hurt the town. Honor is keeping your decision but at this point I don't care if Marshy has a win decision for all of us to reveal our names just claim you're the last person you're acting so scummy its ridiculous.

What are you trying to prove by not claiming when 12/13 have, you're a big boy and have opinons? Good ****.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
For all we know, there were dinos from the same genus put in for the sole fact of making a nameclaim confusing. I still find your actions before and during the name-claim to have been suspicious(seeing as we had said we shouldn't say anything about the name-claim until everyone had gone to avoid helping mafia.)

Now, I haven't said anything against Pythag's claim because I am not suspicious of him yet, and it may very well have been done by McFox to confuse a name-claim. Also at the point you said that everyone hadn't claimed yet, which made it a bad idea to point out a possible conflict while there may still have been mafia who hadn't claimed who it may have helped.

With the deadline looming, and what I've seen so far, I'm with 104 that lynching Lombo today may be our best bet. So, my vote is going on now, Vote: Mr.Lombardi
First of all, I want to wait for Pythag to respond and see what he has to say about this.

You didn't say anything about Pythag's claim because he isn't suspicious yet? Or because you didn't want to draw attention to your similar claim? Yes, it's possible McFox put in anti-name claim roles, but I don't find it likely with all the interesting dinos he could have chosen.

As for Kevin/Niiro: I find Niiro suspicious. Kevin actually brought it up for one reason or another, while Niiro is keeping quiet/doesn't know what's going on. I can't vote for two people, but discussion is always good.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Kevin brought it up because I wanted a name claim btw. Also maybe because I'm a noob lol. It's not that I don't know whats going, rather I have nothing to contribute right now. Marshy wants us to limit . discussion on the name claim until everyone has claimed, so I really don't have anything to say right now.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lombo, quite honestly I think you're paying attention to the wrong things right now, as Marshy said. I have no reason to suspect Pythag, because I don't find it impossible that McFox put in dinos like that and I have been given no other reason to be suspicious. Let's see if Ronike will agree to name-claim(once again I think he really should), and let Marshy reveal what he's thinking for right now.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I see little reason to claim. Afterall, three people who i have reasons to discredit are trying to get me to claim. Methinks there be little reason to claim. H***, i think there's no reason to claim at this point to be honest. Afterall, all my previous points still hold. Dream on guys.

Right, so now what can we talk about? Or do we need to still focus on this? Seeing as how most of you have been too busy focusing on me, there are those who have yet to come out of the shadows. All i can say is, look at those such as pythag and kk. Uber lurk much? Ronike says this is bad. U should come out and at least state your opinions. Seeing as how you were here not too long ago stating your role...

but if you really can't get over this, and i mean everyone (or at least a plurality), not just the three of you, i guess ill claim.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Read the first of every sentence.

Thats the best Im giving you. This is meeting you halfway. You aren't getting a picture, you aren't getting anything else, hell, you ask whether my role is ____, Im not saying yes or no.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Niiro, I like your new avatar.

From Avatar.

The Votes Thus Far

Mr.Lombardi34 (3): 1048576, mentosman8, KevinM
Marshy (1): Macman
Ronike (1): karthik_king
mentosman8 (1): Mr.Lombardi34

The deadline is being pushed back to 11:59pm, Central Time, of April 3rd. That's Friday night.

I will offer this little tidbit of information. A nameclaim alone is not going to be enough to find the mafia. Some people may be telling the truth, and some may be lying. I'd recommend actually looking for the mafia through traditional means. Happy hunting!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well Lombo, I looked up both the giraffatitan and the brachiosaurus, and found this info
"Olshevsky asserted that these differences are enough to place the African brachiosaurid in its own genus, simply Giraffatitan"

For him to claim that weirded me out a little bit, but I'm not about to believe that it is impossible that there's a brachiosaurus in the game as well.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Erm, Marshy, just to clarify. I never asked Ronike to nameclaim. Just pointed out that he's the only one who didn't and everyone shouldn't discuss while he hasn't. If he is Mafia, we don't want to give him any ideas. Frankly, I'm not gonaa force a nameclaim out on him. I only did it cause my arm was twisted, apparantly >_>;;

in anycase Marshy, I don't think Ronike is gonna nameclaim anytime soon. The more you force him, the longer he'll be in his shell.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So. Now. We can talk now, so here goes:

Marshy: Parasaurolophus: Late Cretaceous Period
KevinM: Pachycephalosaurus: Late Cretaceous Period
Yaya: Falcarius: early Cretaceous Period
104: Gastonia: Early Cretaceous Period
KK: Triceratops: Late Cretaceous Period
Pythag Giraffatitan: Early Cretaceous Period
Lombo: Apatosaurus: Jurassic Period
Mentos: Brachiosaurus: Early Cretaceous Period
smashbot: Stegosaur: Early Cretaceous Periods
Rockin: Confuciusornis: Early Cretaceous
Niiro: Orodromeus: Late Cretaceous
Macman: Stegoceras: Cretaceous
Ronike: Hadrosaurus: Cretaceous

Seeing as how Lombo is the only one who doesn't fit this thread,

Vote: Lombo

Smash Master
You are being ridiculous 104. Not picking the same genus should have been obvious - I am not helping the mafia fake-claim at all by saying "Don't pick nearly-identical dinos," as it is a terrible idea.

That said, I don't know why Mentos claimed such a similar dinosaur. I find it suspicious because if he really was the Brachiosaurus, I think he would speak out a bit more about Pythag's claim. I could say the same for pythag, but he hasn't posted since.

As for KevinM and Niiro: Yes, I also find that pretty odd, I just didn't have time to make much of a post this morning. I'm not sure what can really be said about all of this, though. I personally think Mentosman's claim is the most suspicious, because he should have said something about Pythag. This goes for Niiro as well, but his dino isn't as close to Kevin's, regardless of classification.

Vote: Mentosman
Here's the tldr. I know I have wordiness issues sometimes.

Either you think it's impossible that mafia could claim the same dinosaur as a townie and you're suspicious for casting Pythag and mentosman in a suspicious light, or you think it's possible that mafia could claim the same dinosaur as a townie and you're suspicious for making sure it only happened once.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
whoa let's not lynch him just yet. i actually kinda agree with it but 5 votes already? we have a deadline and i think we should take advantage of it by talking a lot then lynching near the end.

also ronike knew what i was talking about nice. typing up a bigger post now.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Now would be a good time to point this out.

From the Wikipedia article.

Like other pachycephalosaurids, Pachycephalosaurus was a bipedal omnivore with an extremely thick skull roof. It possessed long hindlimbs and small forelimbs. Pachycephalosaurus is the largest known pachycephalosaur, measuring nearly 4.5 to 5 metres (15 to 16 ft) in length and up to 2,000 kilograms (4,400 lb) in weight.

Pachycephalosaurus was a bipedal omnivore with an extremely thick skull roof.

Just figured that was very crucial information in pointing out that KevinM is a big, fat, liar.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Fine lol. But I think we should also follow McFox's advice. It is obvious that the scum have posted names of plant eating dinosaurs, so.....I don't know. But I will unvote: Lombo even though I know he is scum/sk for posting a fake dinosaur name.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Lol. I just noticed that.

The one time I don't copy/paste.

I'm still right though, check it out.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't think that may clarify with all dinos. Some of the dinos me be omnivores and are still considered either a herbivore or a carnivore in this game.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Yaya, you are also a big fat liar.
Wikipedia said:
With its long neck, it could apparently reach about 1.5 m (5 ft) off the ground to munch leaves or fruit. Its leaf-shaped teeth and 10 to 13 cm (4 to 5 inch) claws indicate that it consumed both meat, quite probably small animals such as lizards, and plant material.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the record, I'm totally getting swayed by these wikipedia posts, but I would advice caution, because sometimes the mod changes things from wikipedia.
In Trigun mafia I was Midvalley the Horn freak, (bad guy in the show) but I was town aligned.....
Just putting that out there.
in any case.
Vote Lombo
Time difference pal. Can't argue with that.

Yaya

Smash Champion
An omnivore is both eating plants and meat.

It's in between the two, now, logic would deduce that something in between the two would be either a survivor, cultist, or sk.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
*shrugs* My Dino indeed could eat small rodents, however carnivorous dinosaurs normally referred to dino's that ate other dino's.

Hence I'm a herbivore, good catch though Yaya glad you're at least paying attention.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Hadrosaurus clever. also enough for me to expand now.

i was talking about this little itty bitty part of McFox's quote:
It is the Late Cretaceous period
I think it's easy to skip over flavor especially when an important detail like that is hidden in one sentence of a big post.

that said: i'm way suspicious of Lombo. i urge everybody to take 2 seconds to google each dinosaur and look which period they existed through different sites.

Marshy - parasaurolophus - Late Cretaceous Period

Kevin - pachycephalosaurus - Late Cretaceous Period

Yaya - falcarius - Early Cretaceous Period

1048 - gastonia - Early Cretaceous Period

karthik king - triceratops - Late Cretaceous Period

Pythag - giraffatitan - Late Jurassic Period-Early Cretaceous

Lombo - apatosaurus - Late Jurassic Period-Early Cretaceous

mentosman - brachiosaurus - Late Jurassic Period-Early Cretaceous

smashbot - stegosaur - Jurassic Period-Early Cretaceous

Rockin - Confuciusornis - Early Cretaceous

Niiro - Orodromeus - Late Cretaceous

Macman - Stegoceras - Early Cretaceous

Ronike - Hadrosaurus - Late Cretaceous

So things to note:

-Unless we have a bunch of lying Townies, there are dinosaurs here that lived during the Early Cretaceous contradicting the flavor. I think McFox did this on purpose given his last post.

-Don't think for a second that just because McFox said "This game takes place in the Late Cretaceous" that me, kevin, karthik, niiro, and ronike are all cleared because our claims match. Ronike knew the entire time what to look for and it's possible the mafia could too (assuming he isn't).

-I only put Early Cretaceous for lombo because one site said so. most just said late jurassic and this combined with his reaction to the Mentos/Pythag claims and 1048's logic makes me very suspicious.

-Mentos and Pythag's dinosaurs are similar like Lombo said

-Kevin and Macman's are similar like Kevin said

-Rockin and Yaya are birds or at least Rockin is and Yaya has bird-like features

-Any cops should consider Yaya the Falcarius. Take 2 seconds to google their diets. Look around and you'll find that different sites label it as either meat-eating, plant-eating, or both. This seems like a good Indy role and coupled with the fact that he accused Kevin he's suspicious to me.

-Yaya look at other sites and you'll find that most say Kevin's was an herbivore. that doesn't mean he isn't indy/mafia but i think it means we shouldn't act on it.

and before anybody freaks out cop of course don't give your results immediately. be tactful during Day, gather reports, then get back to us near the endgame.

Perhaps the most important thing to make note?

-We need to look at more sites than Wikipedia before accusing someone's claim of being omni/carni/whatever. If one out of 12 sites says they're omni then mention it and make sure it's a good source.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Nvm, sorry for the accusation.
http://pharyngula.org/index/weblog/comments/falcarius_utahensis/ said:
Those are leaf-shaped, iguana-like teeth; this guy wasn't ripping into flesh, he was chomping on leaves. He also had a toothless beak.
*walks away sheepishly*

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
to clarify i agree with a lombo lynch for toDay but i really really think we shouldn't lynch anybody immediately and take advantage of the deadline. that way we'll have more to work with tomorrow and it'd suck if we lynched him right away and he came up Town.

Ronike

Smash Ace
The thing is, if we are convinced that Lombo needs to be lynched, but then decide to wait, what happens if down the road when we have short deadlines because of this, and we don't have conclusive evidence like now? We have a month and a half to finish this game. Tomafia took almost two after day 1, and Omis' took about a month and a half, so length wise we are already pushing it. Unless someone here believes Lombo can truely change our minds with 2 days, I say let him post his defense, and then, unless something radical and gamechanging is brought up, take him down.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'm hoping for posts from those who haven't said anything since the nameclaim finished but yeah you're right we shouldn't take too long. i'll vote lombo soon then

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Okay guys, a few things here:

-I posted my role, which is the Apatosaurus. There are 3 other players who's dinos are also late Jurrasic, and while it's entirely possible that there are 4 anti-town roles, I hold my claim.

-As I said before, I knew exactly what marshy was talking about with the possible problems in fake claims. I knew that my role was odd, I looked it up on wikipedia. If you want me to role claim, I will do so gladly.

If you lynch me now, you don't help the town. I'm ready to discuss and deliberate with you as much as necessary. If you want me to role claim, so be it. Lynching me now only throws away possible information.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good to know I was thinking along the same lines as Marshy on the possible benefit of the name-claim. I do agree that we should try to get this done before the original deadline so as to give us more time on later days if we don't have as much to go on. But I would like a bit more defense, hopefully without a role-claim from lombo before we end it

Top Bottom