• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far

Mr.Lombardi34 (6): 1048576, mentosman8, KevinM, Ronike, Pythag, Macman
smashbot226 (1): karthik_king
Rockin (1): Mr.Lombardi34
Yaya (1): Marshy

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
mentos i'm suspicious of yaya because i think his justifications for being anti-nameclaim (being as vague as you can get with the wifom junk), suggesting that we can't keep karthik around, and accusing kevin are all strange. kevin's dino is an herbivore and even if he thinks that of karthik that's just running into a wall and cutting discussion. well, it was at the time he posted it anyway

also i agree with lombo. mentos hasn't been showing much of his thought process and i don't think smashbot has said anything since nameclaim finished. at this point i'd be willing to lynch either of them too meaning i hope we start to move somewhere else for reasons i've already said.

Smash Master
My problem is that I don't think we can assemble a new consensus before the deadline. If you made this post a day ago, I would have given it more thought. If we lynch Lombo, no matter which way he falls, we gain information. It's nice to have a completely confirmed townie, and it's especially nice to hit a maf D1.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i think I understand why marshy doesn't want to vote for Lombo now. Basically you want to make sure we get some sort of information from today's lynch and if what Lombo says is true we will be stuck on day 2 without any information.

Unvote

but I do not know who else to vote for. I'll have to look back over the last few pages. If noone stand's out to me, my vote will most likely go back to lombo.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Why not? His post to show that he is active was literally:
I'm posting so I don't get kicked out of the game, just ignore me.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
What about smashbot. He has not made a post in DAYS. I dont see you trying to get him replaced. And I dont think your the one to criticize. You have not made many posts of substance either.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
mentos i'm suspicious of yaya because i think his justifications for being anti-nameclaim (being as vague as you can get with the wifom junk), suggesting that we can't keep karthik around, and accusing kevin are all strange. kevin's dino is an herbivore and even if he thinks that of karthik that's just running into a wall and cutting discussion. well, it was at the time he posted it anyway

also i agree with lombo. mentos hasn't been showing much of his thought process and i don't think smashbot has said anything since nameclaim finished. at this point i'd be willing to lynch either of them too meaning i hope we start to move somewhere else for reasons i've already said.
Ok, I understand where you're coming from with the yaya vote, and I agree we can always test Lombo another day to avoid an essential no-lynch day 1, so for now, although it may go back if we can't reach another consensus in time,

Unvote Lombo

As for me not showing much of my thought process, a lot of what I would have had to say was said before I had the chance to, so I've kept getting kinda stuck. I was waiting to see what your idea from the name-claim was, as I was thinking about the periods of the dinos and wanted to see what you said and add it on if that wasn't your thought process. Anyway, I do still need to reread a bit from the name-claim on, and a bit before just to remember exactly where you're coming from on yaya, but the first thought on the top of my head is:

After Lombo's claim, it may be wise to switch to smashbot for the day. His claim came predominately in the Jurassic period, and he has yet to post anything since the name claim ended and we began discussing it. It may just be him being himself, but it seems suspicious that he hasn't posted at all.

Anyway, give me like an hour or so(assuming I don't get distracted by South Park XD) and I'll have re-read what I need to and try to get some thoughts together.

Niiro

Smash Ace
What about smashbot. He has not made a post in DAYS. I dont see you trying to get him replaced. And I dont think your the one to criticize. You have not made many posts of substance either.
AT LEAST I ****ING TRY. YOU HAVEN'T POSTED IN DAYS EITHER (not including today, because you have literally said nothing of value)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, after looking back a bit, I can't see anything new I have to add... Lombo's votes were split between before ronike posted about the eras and 3 after. However, due to the votes overall building up within such a short real-life time, I can't see that meaning too much.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
The problem is, there are a lot of suspicious players right now. Rockin, Smashbot, Niiro, Mentos... There's a lot to choose from. I think smashbot is a fairly safe vote for now, as he's hurting the town regardless of his alignment. He has a Jurassic dino and has not explained himself at all.

Unvote Vote: Smashbot

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far

Mr.Lombardi34 (4): 1048576, KevinM, Ronike, Pythag
smashbot226 (2): karthik_king, Mr.Lombardi34

About 31 hours left until the deadline. Happy hunting!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry, I think I accidentally unsubscribed to this thread.

I can't say I completely believe Lombo, but I don't disbelieve him enough to cause his lynch, so...

Unvote: Lombo

At anyrate, Lombo and even KK have a bit of a good point about Smashbot. He has been mysteriously absent for a while, so hurry up and get on man!

Vote: Smashbot

karthik_king

Smash Ace
The Votes Thus Far

Mr.Lombardi34 (3): 1048576, KevinM, Pythag
smashbot226 (3): karthik_king, Mr.Lombardi34, Ronike

HUrry up 1 person vote for smashbot

Smash Master
I think lynching Lombo helps us regardless of alignment. If he's mafia, it's an obvious huzzah, and if he's town, then we have a confirmed townie, which is nice to know.

If we lynch smashbot and he comes up maf, obvious woot, but if he's town, then we still don't know anything.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I think lynching Lombo helps us regardless of alignment. If he's mafia, it's an obvious huzzah, and if he's town, then we have a confirmed townie, which is nice to know.
Isn't that how they tried witches in the Dark Ages? Not a good idea. It is better imo, for a no-lynch if we really have nothing to point the way to any mafia, and I really don't want to find the town losing 2 people in one night (assuming that the SK (if there is one) and mafia night kill, on top of the maybe innocent townie that might be lynched.

Ronike

Smash Ace
NO! No lynch is terrible! We just come to the next day with no new info and a dead townie or two! FOS on Niiro for suggesting it.

Niiro

Smash Ace
NO! No lynch is terrible! We just come to the next day with no new info and a dead townie or two! FOS on Niiro for suggesting it.
But to me its better than lynching a townie and losing 3 instead of 2.

Smash Master
Isn't that how they tried witches in the Dark Ages? Not a good idea. It is better imo, for a no-lynch if we really have nothing to point the way to any mafia, and I really don't want to find the town losing 2 people in one night (assuming that the SK (if there is one) and mafia night kill, on top of the maybe innocent townie that might be lynched.
The idea is that unlike with anybody else, we can test Lombo's claim without killing him, since he says he can survive one lynch.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Niiro: No Lynch is absolutely not an option. I'd rather be lynched myself than that, to be honest.

As marshy said, you can test my role whenever you like in the game. It doesn't help us much to lynch me, as it's a no-lynch except you get a nearly-proven townie. I would rather see any of the suspicious folk lynched today, and for me a good choice for that is smashbot.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Game-Specific Rules:
  • 1. Each day the town MUST decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.

Smash Master
Niiro: No Lynch is absolutely not an option. I'd rather be lynched myself than that, to be honest.

As marshy said, you can test my role whenever you like in the game. It doesn't help us much to lynch me, as it's a no-lynch except you get a nearly-proven townie. I would rather see any of the suspicious folk lynched today, and for me a good choice for that is smashbot.
Well, you must understand that for me and several others, you are included in the "suspicious folk" and that this is really the only avenue that will clear you. That mid name-claim post was a really big fiasco, IMO.

Just because you say it's a no-lynch doesn't make it true. That's for McFox to tell us.

We can test other people's roles at any point as well. It just makes the most sense (again, IMO) to test yours today. No lynch is better than mislynch.

Smashbot will still be suspicious tomorrow.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

If we lynch smashbot and he comes up maf, obvious woot, but if he's town, then we still don't know anything.
That would be true, but some of us are taking caution to him being a 'bulletproof' townie. We don't want to take any precautions or mistakes.

Also, I rather we lynch someone regardless. we'll get more information then not lynching. Even if we do accidently lynch a townie...

Numbers, we can test other roles at another time. First day isn't usually a good time for testing.

That's right, Lombardi. Whoever has the most votes will get lynched. I'm not sure how a tie may work. Maybe whichever of the two got voted first.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
in lieu of new information
unvote Lombardi
and
vote smashbot
It was hard to decide between him and yaya. I don't feel that yaya has added much information to this game as a whole, but smashbot is just not saying anything at all. Especially since the name claim, which has spurred so much discussion. Perhaps he was hoping that in the confusion of everything, no one would notice, or that it would be easy to just sit back and lurk.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Exactly so I think we have a majority on Smashbot now. If it turns out he is scum great. If he is not then oh well he was just someone for mafia to point fingers at

Smash Master
The mafia can point fingers at Lombo as well.

If mafia targets Lombo, so what? We still have all our prs and mafia is only up by 1 member.
If Lombo is mafia, we pretty much win, since we'll have two cleared townies (the people he implicated mid nameclaim).

We get much more information lynching Lombo than Smashbot.

Top Bottom