• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I kind of misunderstood what he was saying there. After reading his last post I see where he's coming from and how it doesn't apply to me as well. And as for the role claim you used, I don't see it as trying to avoid getting lynched once so much as possibly being(as Marshy suggested) a possible indy role power to help give a chance. Regardless, I'm not nearly as suspicious of you as I was right after the name-claim, I just want everyone to keep it in mind when we get later in the game

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yes, but when you point out that the dome headed dinosaur is probably the cop, you give the mafia an excellent target.

The question now becomes though, why kill kevin and not macman.

Macman was late on the name claim, and if he was mafia, it doesn't matter if he puts a similar kevin, because they know by then that they are going to take kevin out at night. Plus, a similar dino situation already happened between me and mentos, giving him the all clear to sneak his dino name in.

I'm now suspicious of macman.
Um, if i remember correctly someone brought up the pythag and mentos situation before I claimed. If I was going to present a fake dino I could have easily found another dino in order to avoid suspicion.

"and if he was mafia, it doesn't matter if he puts a similar kevin, because they know by then that they are going to take kevin out at night. "

I don't really understand what you are getting at here. You are saying Mafia decided on taking out KevinM before the day started? And even if that were the case how would that have cleared me at all? The same thing would still apply.

I also don't really get your last statement; "sneak his dino in"?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah, I was struggling with my wording. even after I read it, I knew it wasn't correct. :-\ sorry.

this is all based on the idea that you are mafia
it also serves to answer the question as to why Kevin was killed, and not you.
Lombo has given you the brilliant idea that possibly the cop is the roundheaded dino or whatever.
When that dinosaur shows up, and he's not one of your mafia friends....hey hey! Probably the cop!
you and your mafia friends decide early, "hey, we're GOING to kill kevin tonight. He's probably the cop."
This all happens before you have name claimed.

Since mentos and I have a similar dino claim, it would be very reasonable for you to be able to post a fake claim of a similar dinosaur to one that has been previously claimed, as the town has already seen that scenario earlier.
sneak your dino in merely means you snuck your name claim in late in the day, with you muttering "away for the weekend" and leaving it at that. You appear to purposely be flying under the radar.

That was the scenario I was creating.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Well I honestly was away for the weekend.

There are a few things I am confused about:
I still do not see why a mafioso would pick a role similar to KevM's if they saw that you and mentos got called out for it.
Also how would Mafia be able to decide that they were going to kill KevinM that night before night even arrived? That still doesn't make sense to me.
And the first part of your post could be for anybody not just me. So why are you singling me out?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
fine then, you are a mafia with a similar role. You didn't pick a similar role, it was given to you.
as far as picking ahead of time, can't the mafia talk to each other during the day similar to the masons or the cult? That was my assumption at least.

For the third time, I was singling you out because you didn't die even though you had a similar role to kevins. What would make the mafia choose kevin over you?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So now you are saying that my similar role was given to me, but i'm somehow still mafia? That doesn't make any sense at all.
And I was under the impression that mafia could only talk at night.
Also KevinM is better than me, so that may easily be the reason why he was picked.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So now you are saying that my similar role was given to me, but i'm somehow still mafia? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Now you're just purposefully being difficult.
role <> name

It isn't imperitive that you faked a name claim. You could have faked, you could very well have been telling the truth. Either way, You posted it. It was similar to kevin's. Kevin died and not you.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so you're saying I was given the name of a herbivore but I am somehow a carnivore? Are you reading what you are typing?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, but I don't put a whole lot of weight on the names in the mafia games. Maybe that's an enormous error, but especially since I've been "bad" characters (in name) before that were pro town. I can see that going the other way as well.
You could have easily gotten a pm that says "you are ________ (dino) You are an herbivore, but you've always been pissed at them! You want to see all of them off the island!
You win when with the carnivores do."
So no, you're not a carnivore, but you could be carnivore alligned.

In fact, that would be a pretty sweet set up for a godfather. An herbivore that is alligned with the carnies.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
yeah, I was struggling with my wording. even after I read it, I knew it wasn't correct. :-\ sorry.

this is all based on the idea that you are mafia
it also serves to answer the question as to why Kevin was killed, and not you.
Lombo has given you the brilliant idea that possibly the cop is the roundheaded dino or whatever.
When that dinosaur shows up, and he's not one of your mafia friends....hey hey! Probably the cop!
you and your mafia friends decide early, "hey, we're GOING to kill kevin tonight. He's probably the cop."
This all happens before you have name claimed.

Since mentos and I have a similar dino claim, it would be very reasonable for you to be able to post a fake claim of a similar dinosaur to one that has been previously claimed, as the town has already seen that scenario earlier.
sneak your dino in merely means you snuck your name claim in late in the day, with you muttering "away for the weekend" and leaving it at that. You appear to purposely be flying under the radar.

That was the scenario I was creating.
Excuse me, but I never said anything about a hard-headed Dino being the cop. I said that one of the more intelligent dinos may be a cop. The Dino that Kevin claimed (Which I can't spell for the life of me) isn't an exceptionally intelligent one, it's average. Hard Head =/= intelligent.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I was wondering about what quote he was talking about...

So pythag you are saying that i'm a herbivore but I am still mafia aligned because I don't like the other herbivores? Why are you so strongly accusing me when the very premise you are basing your accusal on is incredibly weak? It seems like you have some other agenda.

so FOS: Pythag and imma read over your posts, so don't be surprised if that FOS turns into a vote fairly soon.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Sorry, but I don't put a whole lot of weight on the names in the mafia games. Maybe that's an enormous error, but especially since I've been "bad" characters (in name) before that were pro town. I can see that going the other way as well.
You could have easily gotten a pm that says "you are ________ (dino) You are an herbivore, but you've always been pissed at them! You want to see all of them off the island!
You win when with the carnivores do."
So no, you're not a carnivore, but you could be carnivore alligned.

In fact, that would be a pretty sweet set up for a godfather. An herbivore that is alligned with the carnies.
That to me is REALLY streaching it. If him and Kevin's dino is so similar, then why isn't KevinM also a herbivore alligned with a carnivore? If anything, they might be is like a group with each other. I forgot what it is called D:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
That to me is REALLY streaching it. If him and Kevin's dino is so similar, then why isn't KevinM also a herbivore alligned with a carnivore? If anything, they might be is like a group with each other. I forgot what it is called D:
Omivore

10mafias

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
hah.
I didn't mean for that whole thing to drag on as long as it did. I kept writing my argument in the wrong way, and the more it dragged out, the more I saw how shaky it really is. by my third post I was simply trying to write what I originally meant, not necessarily incriminate you. I'm totally ok with dropping that argument

Excuse me, but I never said anything about a hard-headed Dino being the cop. I said that one of the more intelligent dinos may be a cop. The Dino that Kevin claimed (Which I can't spell for the life of me) isn't an exceptionally intelligent one, it's average. Hard Head =/= intelligent.
Yeah, you're right. I need to stop assuming in these games. I should have quoted you, and this whole thing probably wouldn't have happened. It was a mess of an accusation/scenario, and one that am 100% ok with retracting.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I think if we mislynch today, we may actually be at lylo for d3.

The mention of independants bothers me, I am almost certain that we have a cult.

Anyways, I might be just paranoid, but Macman's Counter FoS seems a little strange, because he wasn't going for Pythag until Pythag aimed for him, IIRC.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far - D2

Mr.Lombardi34 (1) - 1048576
Pythag (1) - karthik_king

5 days to deadline, and a lot of you are very quiet...

Smash Master
I really don't have much to add at this point. unvote: Lombo I'm no longer convinced of Lombo's scumminess, although saying that a particular mistake only hurts you, so it's okay, is not an adequate defense, IMO. If it hurts you, it should, y'know, hurt you.

There are so many suspicious people: the inactives, pythag, macman, that I really don't know where to begin. Looking back I see that Pythag did place the second vote on Lombo and the fourth vote on Smashbot, so he might be going for the quick townie lynches.

I really don't know. IMO, if we lynch Lombo, and he turns up town, then Pythag is almost certainly scum, but he's already suspicious enough to qualify for a lynch today, and I'm not sure if it's wise to lynch solely for info on D2. (I'm thinking no.)

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Pythag is making random conclusions which makes him seem rather scummy. I do not think we should lynch for info right now.

But loads of these people are so inactive. I dont even know what to say.

UNVOTE

I want every single inactive(you know who you are to make at least 1 post just letting us know you're here.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was wondering about what quote he was talking about...

So pythag you are saying that i'm a herbivore but I am still mafia aligned because I don't like the other herbivores? Why are you so strongly accusing me when the very premise you are basing your accusal on is incredibly weak? It seems like you have some other agenda.

so FOS: Pythag and imma read over your posts, so don't be surprised if that FOS turns into a vote fairly soon.

I was putting all that out there FOR THE SAKE OF SALVAGING MY ORIGINAL ARGUMENT. NOTHING ELSE.
I couldn't let my pride go about putting out a bad argument, so I made whatever claim I could to make my scenario possible. It was a devil's advocate situation.

I did not expect that you (or everyone else) would take these all as separate claims. Which admittedly, is my fault. I just figured if we were the only ones posting, everyone would easily see that it is all contained. (although, I do understand that my wording and what not is atrocious, so maybe that is causing some mix up)

Yes I voted for lombo early on, because I was siding with Marsh and his name claim idea.
Yes I voted for smashbot, but I thought good and hard before I cast my vote. I didn't "leap on" I calmly stepped on.

So when I read that I'm making MULTIPLE crazy claims, I'm kind of wierded out, because to me, I only made one giant crazy claim. Which I thought I dropped.

I felt that you weren't understanding (reasonably so) my argument, and rather than quote and correct myself, I just added each post as a patch that would "fix" i.e. make possible the original argument (since again, no one was talking, I didn't feel that as necessary)

this whole thing is just a big mess.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Roar!!! (Translation: I thought you would appreciate it) *Goes back to being dead*

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote yaya

i don't think lombo is mafia because of ronike justifying his vote on him with "not from this period bye bye" and not doing anything to stop it when lombo needed 1 more vote to be lynched. he would've started the bandwagon and watched his partner die. again though i think he may be independent and that we should lynch him some time before the end.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed Marshy, and yaya seems a reasonable vote still, he hasn't really been around much at all since the name claim, so I am relatively curious. I would like to see what he has to say, so yaya please show up.

Smash Master
Honestly, Karthik King is tied for fifth in terms of number of posts (excluding McFaux).

That's just sad. All you inactive townies need to step up and analyze something.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
well quality vs quantity right?

anyways, do you guys think it is more important to aim to lynch mafia right now or the SK[since I am pretty sure we have one of those]

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, we lynch who we have to. Based on the size of the game and the fact that Ronike got taken out, it's not imperative to hit the SK for us to see the next day, so we just need to go for whoever is suspicious.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: Yaya

he's been on recently and hasn't cared to say anything.
I don't really like the idea of lynching yaya because it feels like a cop-out based solely on the name claim. And there are other suspicious people/things that aren't getting enough attention I don't think.

However this game has slowed down and we need to do something. Pressure needs to be applied somewhere.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's 6 votes to lynch, so to put him at 4, Vote:Yaya he was on to sign up for M3D's game, and has yet to make a post about any of the conversation we have had. I agree he is suspicious, so let's see what he offers with some good pressure.

Top Bottom