• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
God when Lombo brought up the same Genus thing during the name claim everyone got so focused on it that they didn't notice Macman basically claim the same ****ing dino as me.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I noticed it Kevin, but knowing me and Pythag were town with the same genus, I put no stock into it as a reason to lynch him

Smash Master
It's a good thing Rockin's investigations weren't framed, or we'd have been up the creek.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha yeah, I was working that last day on the assumption that the second cop was kind of our back-up for real investigations...The fact that the lawyering/framing lasted through the day makes the play we made a much bigger risk.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Actions Tally

Night 0
  • Niiro frames KevinM
  • Macman makes Ronike appear innocent
Day 1
  • Rockin investigates Marshy - He appears to be a herbivore
  • Town banishes smashbot226
Night 1
  • Niiro frames Mr.Lombardi34
  • Macman makes Ronike appear innocent
  • KevinM investigates Yaya - He appears to be a herbivore
  • Mr.Lombardi34 eats Ronike
  • The mafia eats KevinM
Day 2
  • Rockin investigates Yaya - He appears to be a herbivore
  • Town banishes Mr.Lombardi34
Night 2
  • Niiro frames Pythag
  • Macman makes Macman appear innocent
  • Mr.Lombardi34 eats Rockin
  • The mafia eats Mr.Lombardi34
Day 3
  • Town banishes Macman
Night 3
  • Niiro frames karthik_king
  • The mafia eats Marshy
Day 4
  • Town banishes Niiro

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol mafia failed at this game.
we also got a bit unlucky. Lombo kills ronike n1 and than kill rockin n2, who we were going to use to clear/frame someone the next day and then when rockin was wrong he would be lynched the day after. That's why I worked hard to get lombo lynched instead of rockin. I was actually surprised I was able to do so

We had a slim chance after that but I felt like going after marshy[I didn't really think I would succeed because it's effing marshy but oh well]. I think my argument against marshy had merit, and I think i got lynched for dumb reasons but w//e. Also niiro wasn't around that night, if he was, he could have voted for marshy as well and we may have gotten him lynched.

i actually think this game may have been a bit mafia favored. But having a bulletproof townie balanced that a bit. This was actually a very well balanced game.

oh and 104, niiro could have sworn you were a doc. So I guess you were doing your job.

ggs, being mafia is anonoying... so stressful XD

we all knew what marshy was talking about before the name claim.
me and niiro also had legitimate irl reasons for claiming last,
we had already prepared dinos to claim since the start of day1.

KK is way too easily persuaded

ggs everyone

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Now here are my miscellaneous thoughts.
  • 1) Obviously, there was no doctor or protector in the game at all. If I'd had more time/players, I definitely would have put one in.
  • 2) The mafia actually had a good plan to put their Lawyering/Framing to good use for D3 and beyond, but Lombo managed to screw up their plans. In the end, the Lawyering/Framing never factored into anything, unfortunately.
  • 3) The Lawyering/Framing did indeed last into the day. It was the first thing that happened at night, so if, say, Rockin had claimed cop and that X was mafia, if the mafia had protected that person that night, Kevin would've gotten an innocent result.
  • 4) Here's a little something that Rockin did not even know about his role, and I was so disappointed that it never happened. If Rockin did get a "[blank] appears to be a carnivore!" result for his investigation, he would have immediately flown away from the game. I would've posted a notice that he had suddenly disappeared, and he would have stayed away until the following day. I considered having this happen every time, but then the possibility of an infinite-loop tie occurred to me. If it were he and one mafia member left, he could keep using this power to fly away, being safe from the mafia at night. He'd return the next day, etc. So I decided it would only happen once. Unfortunately, it never came up.
  • 5) I think the flavor helped and hurt town. You guys ended up banishing smashbot even though he was 100% herbivore (admittedly, he didn't have much to say in his own defense), and the flavor led to both Rockin and Kevin using their investigations on Yaya (maybe it wasn't the only reason, but I assume it was a factor).
  • 6) The fact that the mafia claimed their dinos last appears to be coincidence, from what I can tell. They had their claims ready to go immediately after the game started, and they knew to look for dinos from the Cretaceous Period, even though I threw in the likes of Stegosaurus so that it wouldn't be totally whack.
More to come as I think of it.

Guys, really though, this was a lot of fun for me to run this game. I enjoyed it a ton, and I thought everyone played well. I hope everyone else had fun as well.

*EDIT* #6 above got ninja'd.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was terrified that mentos was a mafia mason partner.
I had no way to tell, and if he had been lynched, I would've been owned.
I totally called it with macman (using absolutely fail logic) and niiro.
Missed it with numbers though.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I agree this game was really well balanced, but we just got absolutely boned by lombo. It also didn't help that I just didn't care about this game cause I was sick of being mafia, but that less so

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I was terrified that mentos was a mafia mason partner.
I had no way to tell, and if he had been lynched, I would've been owned.
I totally called it with macman (using absolutely fail logic) and niiro.
Missed it with numbers though.
what was wrong with my logic?

edit: I am not disagreeing I just really want to know.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I definitely enjoyed playing it. Especially the last day there when I started to take the reins of the town. I tried my best to keep the mason group a secret, knowing full well it would make me look scummy, which would spark some good conversation, and that discussion was what finally made me convinced Niiro was maf(really as soon as he attacked me instead of defending himself I was 99% confident he was maf)

Smash Master
Honestly my hammer was done out of pure confusion. I was just hoping if I was wrong you two would go after me for the nk so town would get another chance.

That was a really good way to make the SK role less sucky, McFox.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah Lombo definitely threw a wrench in the works, but hey, I wasn't going to have a Dinosaur mafia game WITHOUT Tyrannosaurus. That's just crazy talk. :p

*EDIT* I had Tom help me balance the game. It was his suggestion that there be no doc (it would prolong the game), no roleblocker (I wanted all the roles to get used :p), and I believe to give the SK a 1-shot immunity. I'm not sure if he meant to apply that to lynches as well, but I went with it, because surviving as a SK is, as I understand it, really difficult.

*EDIT2* Originally, Kevin's dino was the roleblocker (he'd ram into them with his skull dome, nullifying their power), and Rockin was the only cop. But then Tom suggested the Lawyer/Framer combo, and I saw all the pieces fall into place. :D I added the second cop and removed the roleblocker.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was a definitely a really good setup... The mix-ups it allowed for were excellent...

And 104, yeah I knew town was getting confused, but I was hoping that A. If I did get lynched town would take my arguments against Niiro near the end to heart, or B. Pythag, then being clear, would survive, and since he was thinking Niiro already lead the town on him. I was quite confident we would win either way, the only reason I was worried about lynching me was that your doc claim seemed absolutely unbelievableXD

Smash Master
I never actually claimed doc... I said that a smart doc would protect Pythag. I said I had a PR several times, and I implied that I didn't know how potentially infinite immunity fit in with the deadline.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I honestly didn't know why it was taking you guys so long to lynch niiro at the end. lol <3 neerow

edit: this is probably my favorite set-up of games that i've played in.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I can see that 104, when I was in there though I thought you were implying you were the doc(since we didn't know there wasn't one) and was having that tugging feeling that the claim would make no sense if it were real, and it put just a bit of nagging doubt

Smash Master
I honestly didn't know why it was taking you guys so long to lynch niiro at the end. lol <3 neerow

We had a deadline. May as well use it. We were talking pretty much the whole week.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Mc Faux said:
* 4) Here's a little something that Rockin did not even know about his role, and I was so disappointed that it never happened. If Rockin did get a "[blank] appears to be a carnivore!" result for his investigation, he would have immediately flown away from the game. I would've posted a notice that he had suddenly disappeared, and he would have stayed away until the following day. I considered having this happen every time, but then the possibility of an infinite-loop tie occurred to me. If it were he and one mafia member left, he could keep using this power to fly away, being safe from the mafia at night. He'd return the next day, etc. So I decided it would only happen once. Unfortunately, it never came up.

* 5) I think the flavor helped and hurt town. You guys ended up banishing smashbot even though he was 100% herbivore (admittedly, he didn't have much to say in his own defense), and the flavor led to both Rockin and Kevin using their investigations on Yaya (maybe it wasn't the only reason, but I assume it was a factor).
4) =O oh wow, that is awsome. I was irritated that I couldn't get a carn, and was even more irritated when I was cornered on Day 2. In this game, I couldn't think up a good defense cause of the fact that my dino was a omnivore, which at the time meant 'Independent.' As a last resort, I had to claim, knowing well that I wasn't gonna live and give the town a bit of information. Also McFox, the game would've ended with Mafia winning if it was me and a Mafia..., since that is the rule. Mafia takes majority or is the last standing.

5) Well really, the ONLY reason why I searched Yaya was that it was, in a sense, a request by Marshy. It seemed to make sense, seeing as how the type of bird it was.

In honesty....remember when some people wondered why I investigated Marshy late on Day 1? In actuallity, I searched him BEFORE the nameclaim was brought up. The reason why I didn't say this cause it would've instantly made me look scummy. So I thought I play it safe and not tell when I searched Marshy. I really thought he was just a godfather or something cause of how confident he was. >> THATS when I later had a change of heart and did a 'soft nameclaim.'I never had a cop before, and I felt if Mafia found out, they would've killed me. But...he wasn't satisfied, so I put up the nameclaim and hoped for the best >>;;

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, the mafia planned to keep you alive to clear themselves/incriminate others. It was Lombo who got rid of you, since he didn't want you to investigate him (obviously).

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Macman, I had YOU with fail logic.
You completely turned my argument against me.
I called you out, and was right, even though I had wrong reasons.

Why would a smart doc have protected me?

Smash Master
Because he would have lynched mentos and discovered he was part of a mason group

Niiro

Smash Ace
wow gg all ^____^ but srsly, i was away from the computer for 37 hours >____>

Niiro

Smash Ace
I definitely enjoyed playing it. Especially the last day there when I started to take the reins of the town. I tried my best to keep the mason group a secret, knowing full well it would make me look scummy, which would spark some good conversation, and that discussion was what finally made me convinced Niiro was maf(really as soon as he attacked me instead of defending himself I was 99% confident he was maf)
Lol, i basically did not expect to win after macman was lynched. I knew i lost lol.
It was a definitely a really good setup... The mix-ups it allowed for were excellent...

And 104, yeah I knew town was getting confused, but I was hoping that A. If I did get lynched town would take my arguments against Niiro near the end to heart, or B. Pythag, then being clear, would survive, and since he was thinking Niiro already lead the town on him. I was quite confident we would win either way, the only reason I was worried about lynching me was that your doc claim seemed absolutely unbelievableXD
and god i love you numbers. you made this game very fun. if i was town and i saw my posts, it would have been obvious that i was just doing everything i could to stall one more day.

macman edited. ban him pl0x.

on whole this game was kinda balanced, but when lombo kill ronike and the cops, god we lost. me and macman's role were both anti cop roles, so we had planned to make macman look suspisious, and he can make himself look clean, and.....i forgot what our plan was after ronike died lol. macman, say it again lol.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yo wtf, why didn't we frame marshy d1.
what were we thinking?

=[

anyways, I don't think I have reiterated the fact that I love this set up enough.

edit: only way too have made it better, was to have made one of the vanilla townies a nurse.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, but 1048576 was already bulletproof, Rockin had the chance to leave the game for the day, Lombo was bulletproof once. I couldn't really afford to extend the game any further, in case all of those things happened.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
This was a very good game of mafia. :)

However, I'd like everyone to think about how the game would have been different without pictures. Do you think the game would have changed much? I wonder why Ronike was so apprehensive with the dino-claim. Was it because he was trying to find a picture, or just the name of a dino?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha it may have been slightly different without the pics... Solely due to peoples suspicion of niiro due to the picture(which I refused to take as evidence anyway)

Niiro

Smash Ace
This was a very good game of mafia. :)

However, I'd like everyone to think about how the game would have been different without pictures. Do you think the game would have changed much? I wonder why Ronike was so apprehensive with the dino-claim. Was it because he was trying to find a picture, or just the name of a dino?
I actually prepared the name claims and pictures for ronike, macman, and myself. Once I saw that kevinm's dino was similar to the one macman was going to post, i tried to stop him, but he was away, and posted like immediately after he got home >_______>

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Yeah, but 1048576 was already bulletproof, Rockin had the chance to leave the game for the day, Lombo was bulletproof once. I couldn't really afford to extend the game any further, in case all of those things happened.
a nurse as in like a back up doc. which would be basically a vanilla townie since there was no doc.

It would make someone feel more special lol.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Oh, I believe I forgot to comment. I want to say that this game was very, very well done. The roles seemed well balanced (Although you can't predict what players will do...). I also liked the idea of a bulletproof SK. It really made it seem possible for me to win, and just because I got screwed over doesn't mean it was a bad idea.

Top Bottom