• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also note that I actually agree niiro is a good lynch(albeit not for the entirely same reasons), and am solely making plans in the event of niiro not fliping maf.

Smash Master
104, I said to shoot either of you/kk. I'm relatively confident the remaining maf is one of you two, so if a vig were to shoot one it would at the best kill a maf, at the worst leave us with 1 target/3 people left for the next day. It is a strategic move to help make sure we win the game. While I don't think we have a vig at this point, I felt the necessity of pointing out the possibly useful move just in case.
Why? Why am I more likely to be maf than Pythag? Tbh, this targetting of KK and myself without appropriate reasoning to back it up; well, it's scummy as all get out.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Honestly I highly doubt what Niiro is saying is true. 37 hours I mean come on. Especially during the time when a nameclaim happens. That seems way to unlikely to me

Vote Niiro.

Niiro you are probably scum the way you have been playing.
lol, and you only bandwagon vote, never really making your own choices. i really have nothing to say. i really don't see how 37 hours away from a computer warrents a lynch. so i have **** to do besides posting on an online fourm game. honestly, this is pretty stupid, you guys are ignoring a major hint that mentos and pythag have the same **** dino, and since i have been pushing that pythag has, at every oppertunity, tried to get me lynched. whatever lol, im on my wii, and its kinda hard to rant.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
104, I've said that it seemed scummy I was less suspicious of him since the start of the day. I have my reasons to believe this, and that's as far as I am going to say. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them on the next day.

Smash Master
Niiro: Just because we aren't voting for mentos or Pythag doesn't mean we're ignoring this evidence. We're factoring it in. Although it seems weird that nobody is defending you by pointing out that somebody else seems more suspicious.

Mentos: can you break down your first sentence. I don't understand what you are trying to say. If you are talking about my first post of the day, I've already explained it, and now it's your responsibility to explain why my explanation is not good enough.

If you aren't going to tell us why you are so convinced that Pythag isn't scum even though you two "have the same **** dino," then I really don't know what else we can accomplish today.

Pythag and you are mildly suspicious for your claims.

Niiro is fairly suspicious for his claim timing and his lack of post depth.

KK is fairly suspicious for perpetual inactivity and his vote on Marshy the previous day.

Anyway, Niiro: you are fairly close to hammer. Do you think a roleclaim is appropriate? What actions would you advise the town take at this juncture? Also, please continue to rant.

Unvote: Niiro

Niiro

Smash Ace
Lol, if i was the sole voice of town, i would still be against a roleclaim, because it seems that this game has anassload of power roles, and the remaining mafia(s) will able to take out the more powerful roles. I would cast some suspision on KK, he just likes following the group, and tries to stay inconspicuous. Mentosman and pythag because they both have the attitude, "let us all just drop the fact that both of our dinosaurs are the same, and try to find some mafia." kinda scummy imo. Yaya could imput here too >_>

Smash Master
Well, Rockin sort of cleared Yaya, so I think he should post more. No matter what he says it won't be scummy.

We can't lynch all three of those people Niiro. Why not vote for someone?

Niiro

Smash Ace
Well, Rockin sort of cleared Yaya, so I think he should post more. No matter what he says it won't be scummy.

We can't lynch all three of those people Niiro. Why not vote for someone?
lol, just want his opinion.
don't have enought infor to vote, but imo, pythag and mentos are the most scummy. will imput later. tired.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
104, to answer your question, when the day started(or maybe it was yesterday), I said that I didn't suspect Pythag much, and that I knew it was scummy for me to say that without giving my reasoning. However, look at the situation. We have 1 mafia remaining. If either of us were mafia, we would be putting major FoS's on the other at this point of the game. The fact that neither of us are suspicious of each other when there is a good argument to get one of us lynched is what makes me convinced he is town. Is there a chance I'm wrong? Of course. But at this point, given how things have gone since the name-claim, the fact that he hasn't been pushing a lynch on me the whole time convinces me he is town. Not only that, but by both of us saying we aren't very suspicious of each other, it has essentially made it impossible for either of us to push lynching the other for that tomorrow, when it would equal a win as a maf. That is the best reason I can give you.

Now, as for your mention of a role claim, I am going to stick with Marshy on that. With the way this game has played out, a role claim won't help us at all at this point. All that said, I think Niiro is our best lynch candidate today, so I'll officially Vote: Niiro

Niiro

Smash Ace
hm, so after i said, more input later, you decide finally to vote me. not scummy at all. kk. IMO, it seems like you purposly got marshy out of the way so you could lead the town, very much like tom did in the sleep over, leaving only the less expirenced players with you. (that was me D:)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I was planning on voting you but wanted to see if discussion got anywhere while I was at work. In all honesty with this few people left in the game, I doubt any one is going to drop the hammer out of nowhere, especially considering the people who haven't voted are our pretty-much-clear and someone who unvoted you to give you time to talk. The day is winding to a close and it's at a point where I am convinced enough to place a vote on you. If you have anything to say, go ahead and say it, instead of using your time to forego giving said input to point out that I voted you. The deadline's in a little more than 1 day now, and since everyone seems agreed that you are the best target for the day, if you don't have anything of substance to say besides that post(another small, little substance post), then it doesn't matter anyway.

Niiro

Smash Ace
could you respond to my 2cd accusation of getting all the expirenced players out of the way so you can lead the game how you like?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see how you want me to respond. To put it simply, that's not what happened. I'll guarantee you whoever the maf is got rid of Marshy to do away with the biggest threat, but I don't see how it would be wise for me to do. Essentially me picking up Marshy's reins a bit like I have today puts the big cloud of suspicion that was on Marshy yesterday on to me. He was very close to being lynched yesterday in large part due to how he was controlling the town. Me killing him so I could do the same thing would be effectively putting myself in the spotlight when I needed to stay hidden for the day. It would be absolutely terrible strategy for me to kill him off then start doing the same thing. I don't know how else you expect me to defend against a theoretical situation than to explain just how terrible of a plan it would be if I was the maf

Smash Master
Vote: mentosman

You asked the vig to kill me or kk. Then you voted for Niiro right after he said he was going to make a more detailed post later. The evidence you have for this is incredibly shaky.

It's obvious why you and Pythag aren't FoSing each other. One of you would then be lynched. You claimed the same dino. This is even better evidence against one of you than having a black and white picture. Now you're acting just as suspicious beyond the claim as Niiro. You were also pretty late to the party.

Pythag: I've been close to marshy since D1, yet you find me suspicious. That's not good enough to clear mentosman.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Why would you ask the vig to kill me mentos. I want a decent explanation for why on earth you would want that to happen when I am a herbivore.

FoS mentos

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you serious right now? You're voting me because I can't give proof that I didn't do a hypothetical situation? On top of that, if we have a vig, them killing essentially gives us an extra night kill. Trust me when I say we do NOT want to lynch me, and I have backup on that which I would prefer not to bring up until tomorrow. Niiro has hardly contributed the whole game, and you are instead going to vote for someone who has been helpful, made good posts, pushed the lynch on Macman, and has actually argued their case unlike Niiro who you were pushing a lynch on up until a short time ago. And what do you mean by pretty late to the party? If you mean the name-claim, I posted the same day it started pretty much as soon as I got home from work for the day. I literally could not claim any earlier than I did, and if I was maf I sure as hell wouldn't have claimed a dino so close to Pythag's immediately after him. Your reasoning for voting me is weak logic, and I can assure you it's the wrong path.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why would you ask the vig to kill me mentos. I want a decent explanation for why on earth you would want that to happen when I am a herbivore.

FoS mentos
And Karthik, I suggested that because, I think Rockin's investigation of yaya was accurate, and due to that I have strong reason to believe the final maf is between you, Niiro, and 104. If we lynch Niiro today, and have a vig shoot one of the other two, we would end up in a 3 person remaining situation with very, very high chances of the one remaing of you three was the maf. It would essentially be guaranteeing us the win if the investigation on Yaya was accurate.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
You still have not answered my question. Why not daykill someone else? I dont want to get into WIFOM here but give me a decent reason

I only FoSed you for now but my vote could move from Niiro

Niiro

Smash Ace
If you actually check, I was the first one to push for a name claim, besides Marshy. Why would I do that if I didn't have a reason to. Your argument is basically saying: trust me, just beilive what I say. I also literally could not claim any eariler than I did, but you attacked me for it. You seem to what the townies to kill each other by saying: I have a good reason for this, but I'm not gonna tell you what it is, just listen to me. all of you just attack each other, but make sure you aren't targeting me. I think he has more reason to vote you than me, because honestly, the only things that I have done so far was having a wierd picture, and posting late for the name claim, even thought I was one of the first ones to push for it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I literally JUST explained that. Yaya=inno result by the cop. Though it's not completely impossible for the lawyering ability to last into the day, I tend to believe that it would effect night to cause possible differences in investigations done the same day.

Pythag=I have given reasons why I don't find him suspicious, and I have a couple more I would prefer to explain in more detail tomorrow when we don't have the mislynch we do now.

Of course, knowing my own alignment that gives me 3 people as possible maf. Let's say we lynch Niiro. If the maf lies within those 3 people, and we lynched one, vig shot another, tomorrow we could NOT possibly lose. It's a sole matter of numbers why I find it a good idea, however as I've said I don't think we have a vig so it's a moot point. If we had one, we'd be in excellent shape.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I literally JUST explained that. Yaya=inno result by the cop. Though it's not completely impossible for the lawyering ability to last into the day, I tend to believe that it would effect night to cause possible differences in investigations done the same day.

Pythag=I have given reasons why I don't find him suspicious, and I have a couple more I would prefer to explain in more detail tomorrow when we don't have the mislynch we do now.

Of course, knowing my own alignment that gives me 3 people as possible maf. Let's say we lynch Niiro. If the maf lies within those 3 people, and we lynched one, vig shot another, tomorrow we could NOT possibly lose. It's a sole matter of numbers why I find it a good idea, however as I've said I don't think we have a vig so it's a moot point. If we had one, we'd be in excellent shape.
this of course, depends on the idea that you are town.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Niiro, I said that your claim time being AFTER every confirmed townie, and before only Macman and Ronike was suspicious. Which it was. Nothing to do with you being unable to get on earlier than you did. As for your talk of my argument, Marshy played the exact same game d1 with the name claim. Yeah, I would rather keep my reasoning to be revealed tomorrow. Yeah, I've been saying targetting me is a bad idea. The fact is, me and Pythag have stood up for each other since the name claim. Unless you believe that we failed that miserably working together and that there were 4 maf and an sk against 8 townies, one of us would be pushing a lynch on the other if we were maf.

Smash Master
Thanks for the five line post, Niiro :)

Here's where I stand right now.

At the beginning, I thought KK needed to go, since he voted Marshy, and Macman voted Marshy. Then I looked at the claims, and seeing how nobody cced Triceratops, this is great evidence for him being town, essentially countering his Marshy vote. Right now, KK is kind of off my radar, since there are several more suspicious players.

I'm fairly certain Yaya is town due to Rockin's claim, and I know I have an important town role, so we're out.

This leaves Pythag, mentos, and Niiro. I've gone over time and time again why Nirro is suspicious. Pythag and mentos's claims are just as suspicious as Nirro's claim, and now mentos is acting just as scummy.

Yaya needs to post. McFox: please prod Yaya

Smash Master
Again, no mentos, if you or Pythag were scum, you would not be FoSing each other, since then one of you would be lynched.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
You could have been using him as a scapegoat and vice versa. One of you realized you guys should protect each other for mutual benefit. And the non mafia one would not know you were mafia and therefore he would protect you. And you would help him to make it look like you were town.

Niiro

Smash Ace
The fact is, me and Pythag have stood up for each other since the name claim. Unless you believe that we failed that miserably working together and that there were 4 maf and an sk against 8 townies, one of us would be pushing a lynch on the other if we were maf.
That gets me more suspisious. Why would mcfox add two dinosaurs that are the same? It doesn't make sense. And why are you guys so sure of each other? That just bugs me even more. maybe you are both scum (highly doubt it).Maybe one of you is just being naive, and the other one is scum (maybe). Maybe one of you is scum the other one is indie (LOL, doubt it). I honestly don't know what to think, but if I shared my dino with someone else, I would be doing everything i could to get that guy lynch to prove me innocent.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the last time, they are NOT the same dinosaur. Not only is it arguable that they should have their own genus, but genus does NOT equate to species. They are different dinosaurs. Yes from the same family, but they are different enough to gain their own species. Everyone has acted like genus means the same species when that is not at ALL what it mean. Homo Sapiens(us) and Neanderthals(Homo neanderthalensis) are the same genus. Homo=genus, the second part=species. Were humans and neanderthals the same thing? Not at all.

Niiro

Smash Ace
For the last time, they are NOT the same dinosaur. Not only is it arguable that they should have their own genus, but genus does NOT equate to species. They are different dinosaurs. Yes from the same family, but they are different enough to gain their own species. Everyone has acted like genus means the same species when that is not at ALL what it mean. Homo Sapiens(us) and Neanderthals(Homo neanderthalensis) are the same genus. Homo=genus, the second part=species. Were humans and neanderthals the same thing? Not at all.
that's still way to similar to be a coinisidence. didn't mcfox only give us the name of the genus of our dino? iono.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, he didn't give us the genus, he gave us the species. That above is exactly why I've said it's weak reasoning. Honestly, the person who made the point about same genus first was a serial killer, and I'm pretty sure Macman was the one pushing to get us lynched over having "The same dino" earlier in the game.

Smash Master
Okay, so your angle was 'it's okay that we're the same because we aren't FoSing each other.' Now it's 'we're not the same.' What changed?

Also, genus is very close to species. In a game comprised of mammals it would be odd to have both a Labrador Retriever and a German Shepard.

Niiro

Smash Ace
No, he didn't give us the genus, he gave us the species. That above is exactly why I've said it's weak reasoning. Honestly, the person who made the point about same genus first was a serial killer, and I'm pretty sure Macman was the one pushing to get us lynched over having "The same dino" earlier in the game.
Well just because they arn't town alligned doesn't make their points invaid. Macman said something about me having alot of posts, but little substance. That was kinda true, and that point still stands. also where did he try to get you lynched because of that, he was trying to get pythag lynched because of something completely different iirc.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree it's not a way to negate the argument, merely a fact that both anti-town factions jumped on the idea and made sure to point it out as something to remember on d1. Also, and this added to my suspicion of 104, after Lombo made the point of me and Pythag being the same genus, 104 pointed out that genus=/=species. Now, after I say the same thing, he shoots it down as an argument. I would like to know why it was a valid point to him when he made it after the name-claim, and not when I make it now.

Smash Master
I agree it's not a way to negate the argument, merely a fact that both anti-town factions jumped on the idea and made sure to point it out as something to remember on d1. Also, and this added to my suspicion of 104, after Lombo made the point of me and Pythag being the same genus, 104 pointed out that genus=/=species. Now, after I say the same thing, he shoots it down as an argument. I would like to know why it was a valid point to him when he made it after the name-claim, and not when I make it now.
I never contradicted myself. I acknowledge you guys aren't the same. You are similar though.

The basic point when I was arguing with Lombo was that he shoudn't have pointed out that you guys were similar until everyone claimed. If he thought scum wouldn't claim the same dino, then he shouldn't cast suspicion on you guys, and if he thought scum might pick the same dino, then he should have held off his post until the end.

It's post 270 if the rest of the thread wants to look it up.

You should stick to one story, though. Either it's : 'okay we're too similar, but it's cool because we aren't FoSing each other,' or it's 'we're not too similar.' You switched your perspective immediately after I applied pressure on you. You can't have it both ways.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never said we weren't similar, I was arguing against the comment that we're the same, which we are not. Maybe I worded it wrong, I don't know, but I didn't change my position. Also, I would like to refer to this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7180423&postcount=628 which is very important in my argument for myself being town and also references what I was referring to earlier in the sentence you questioned a while back. I encourage everyone to read that post and think about it a bit. If worse comes to worse I'll go ahead and make the argument I was trying to avoid making today before I go to sleep for the night. That post may very well make my point for me however if you pay attention to detail.

Top Bottom