• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
the only person that i'd consider toDay that overlaps with your list is niiro and even that's weak to me. 1048? he's one of the players i want to avoid lynching toDay along with you and even mentos at this point. karthik is out there and while i don't think his vote on me makes sense i'd still much rather macman because karthik's play hasn't bothered too much throughout the game.

i'm also hoping the vote starts to sway away from me and pythag because obviously i want to stay alive and i don't think pythag is as suspicious as macman.

my vote's been on macman for a while now and i don't think that's gonna change. pythag what do you mean about me speaking about my role due to the nameclaim being over? i've been against the roleclaim and don't think anything good would come out of anybody doing it at this point though it's getting really clear why some players are considering it. just hoping they'll be patient since the endgame is nearly here and i think there's very little benefit to come out of it despite what they're probably thinking

and i'd be lynched with the current vote count since macman and karthik voted me before 1048 voted pythag i think. again i'm hoping we start moving elsewhere

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Marshy, we need to move elsewhere. I'm going to make this official

Vote:Macman

And hope someone else votes. I don't think Marshy is a good choice for the day, same with Pythag, so we need another vote to make this happen.

Smash Master
Marshy, I trust you. I can't see Macman initiating an attack on a fellow scum to protect one of you for the rest of the game. Therefore, either you are town and he is scum, or you are scum and he is town.

Unvote: pythag. Vote: Macman

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, I'd just like to point out, if Mac turns up scum I'm going to become more suspicious of KK, due the the quick following on Marshy despite the relatively weak argument

Smash Master
It's so hard to be suspicious of KK, because he plays so poorly no matter which side he's on. It's like a superpower :laugh:

Please don't be offended, KK. I'm just messing around.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Marshy, I trust you. I can't see Macman initiating an attack on a fellow scum to protect one of you for the rest of the game. Therefore, either you are town and he is scum, or you are scum and he is town.
don't see how this is true. it's possible that we're both Townies suspicious of each other.

and macman since it seems you'll be lynched then who do you think the most suspicious players are? this is in case you flip Town and last words of wisdom kinda deal.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far - D3

Macman (3) - Marshy, mentosman8, 1048576
Marshy (2) - Macman, karthik_king
Pythag (1) - Niiro

About 4 and a half hours to deadline...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You guys haven't explained to me what's so wrong with my argument. The way mashy has been acting all game was just him trying to force or manipulate the town. I don't really have much else to say.

and since i am probably going to be lynched today; people who I think are scummy:
marshy [I already explained that]
pythag: his accusal of me, and his post about why he think's my argument is invalid doesn't make sense.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mac, I agree that Marshy has been acting pushy, but at the same time, the majority of your argument just seemed weak to me as I read more of it. If you flip town, he's definitely someone I'll be looking in to tomorrow, despite not being too suspicious of him right now.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Final Tally - D3

Macman (3) - Marshy, mentosman8, 1048576
Marshy (2) - Macman, karthik_king
Pythag (1) - Niiro

The dinosaurs continued to argue. The death of the Tyrannosaurus Rex definitely lifted a load off of their minds, but they knew that they were still not safe.

They fought back and forth. One accused another of pushing the others around, and acting like a boss. The others defended the pushy dinosaur, saying that what he said made a lot of sense.

In the end, they decided to banish the dissenter.

They herded him to the shore, and he began to swim for the mainland. He looked back one last time, hungrily. It looked as though he might have tried to return as soon as they were asleep.

But suddenly, several very hungry Plesiosaurus emerged from the depths and began to bite at his light frame. Macman was such a small dinosaur, there was nothing he could do.

Macman (Velociraptor, carnivorous Lawyer) has been banished from the island.

You have 48 hours to send in any night actions. D4 will begin at 11:59pm Central time, April 21st!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The dinosaurs once again awoke to tragedy.

Even with the death of the Tyrannosaurus and two other carnivores, another one of their friends had fallen.

Marshy (Parasauropholus, vanilla herbivore) had been eaten in the night.

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch! Deadline for Day 4 is set for 11:59pm Central time, Tuesday, April 28th.

Smash Master
Well this should be quick

Vote: Karthik King

He's got some'splainin to do :p

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, well I'm(mostly) going to stick with Marshy saying that we should not role claim. Now, looking at the fact that Marshy died herbivore, Rockin was most likely sane. He was likely put in to give town an investigative role not hurt by the lawyer. That means Yaya is very likely clear.(Godfather with a lawyer=only 1 maf shows up guilty=unbalanced even WITH two cops). Now, this leads me to believe our maf lies between Pythag, 1048, Niiro, and KK(from my pov, although I do have a good argument for it if need be.). Karthik has been very quick to jump votes throughout the game(I did some re-reading today), and I would like to hear from him.

However, we are in a pretty good position right now. Right now, if we assume Rockin was sane and (assuming I'm making a right guess that lawyering would only effect night investigations, otherwise the second cop loses it's purpose), we can assume Yaya is town. This (once again) leads me to suspecting it is 104, Niiro, Pythag, or KK, all of whom have had moments that have made me consider them.

The town right now is in a power position. We have 5 town with 1 maf left. If we mislynch we enter tomorrow 3 town and 1 maf. That is a good power position for town to be in, especially as we'll get more info today. I would like to encourage everyone to NOT rush this day, and get some discussion done. I'm honestly not sure on the KK lynch because he plays like this in EVERY game I've seen him in so I'm not sure if his scumtells are really that scummy. However, with the mislynch available it may be a good idea. Let's get some discussion going and see what we can come up with.

In the meantime, I would like to hear from 104 as to WHY he wants the day to be quick, and voted KK so quick. First of all, the only one who benefits from a quick day is the mafioso, as they have less of a chance to slip up the quicker we get through. I'm not necessarily against a KK lynch, but to say the day should be quick and jump to vote him right away seems suspect. Due to this, FoS: 1048576, at least until you get back to me on this. I've got work in the morning so I may not be back till tomorrow afternoon, but I'll have some more thoughts at that time.

Smash Master
Hey you spelled out my name, that's flattering.

I was half joking. I think it's obvious why I voted for Karthik King. Macman and KK both voted for Marshy. You and I voted for Macman, and he turned out to be scum, and I know I'm town and I believe you when you say you're town, since if any of us unvoted Macman he would not have been lynched. That leaves Karthik King and Niiro, and Karthik King voted for the same person Macman did, so it seems likely they were trying to banish the town's best player.

I agree we should have discussion. I don't think my one vote puts KK in danger even if he is town, since we still need three more votes for a majority.

He's gonna need a heck of a defense, though.

Smash Master
I looked up the roles on the flash tutorial thingy, but I couldn't find the following information:

What's a lawyer?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm inclined to think niiro more than karthik king.
I also don't think that you are totally innocent numbers, mafia going against each other is a totally legit tactic.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, reasonable explanation 104. And a lawyer is generally a role that can choose 1 maf each night and make them appear inno to the cop. Essentially making a godfather out of whichever maf they choose to be on for the night.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, and pythag's right, since the town had a mislynch, if you or me were maf and unvoted allowing Marshy to be lynched it would have looked suspicious, so it doesn't mean much. I'm still at work btw, so I'll see what I can come up with when I get home. While I do agree with a kk lynch to some extent, we should stretch this day out to at least half or 3/4 of the deadline and try to keep conversation going, remembering we can't no lynch next day so we essentially have to have enough where if we're wrong today we can use it tomorrow.

Smash Master
I think that if Niiro were scum he would have placed his vote on Marshy sooner, knowing we would then only have a 1/3 chance of winning since we would have to identify the one person who was legitimately duped amid the two scum.

Maybe I'm underestimating teh mindgames, but I think people are so suspicious of people avoiding scumtells that they are ignoring actual scumtells.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's actually probably very true. I'm pretty sure I may be guilty of that.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm kinda back. I really didn't post that much nearing the deadline because I was sick as balls D: Okay, I'm gonna post the thingy that I was thinking about while i was sick, updated alittle now that the day is over.
Me (Niiro for those that don't know): Pythag's gut instinct and some other **** iono. Also accused by macman of making alot of posts without that much material D:
104298731341234123439512: Clever insightful newbie (like me ^_^) and has really just stayed below the radar.
KK: erm.....I have a 'good' suspision about him, and will not post this unless the town wants me to guess about his role.
Pythag: I'm not too sure. The only thing I have against him is that his dino and mentosman8's are very similar.
Mentos: Uh, has the same dino as Pythag, and seems to have taken Marshy's spot as the uncorruptable leader of the town. Pretty sure that one of them is indie(even though we already got that trex thingy)/mafia. Also was under suspision by Marshy for being the first one for a name claim.
Yaya: Uh, deemed town by Rockin, so not really suspisious of him.
Well those are all of my insightful suspisions of all the mafia players right now.

Smash Master
Why would we not want you to hazard a guess about Karthik King's role?

Niiro

Smash Ace
iono really. The mafia might get something out of it, but it won't really do them too much good i guess. b

Niiro

Smash Ace
I believe that kk is the vig. why? Cuz everybody he voted for was nked the next day. And his dino is aggressive lookin.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
um, are you suggesting that there are two vigs?
Lombo was already killed.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, and I would like to ask if anyone has a daytime vigilante or hunter role, it may be wise to claim that. While I will stand with Marshy that we shouldn't mass claim, either of these roles if they exist should claim. Trust me when I say it will be extremely helpful if they do. If not, then we will use this day to scumhunt.

A couple things I want to say to specific people.

Karthik: Really? That's your defense? Let's hear something about why you thought Macman's argument was good after me and Marshy essentially tore it down? Who do you think is the scum and why? Given the situation of the vote count yesterday, if you were not maf but convinced Marshy was, why would the other scum have not kept their vote with/changed their vote to be with you and Mac and vote out the townie.

Niiro: What's your thoughts on Karthik's role? It won't hurt to speculate and I'm interested to hear what you think. I agree that 104 has stayed under the radar, as have you. That can potentially be a good indicator for scum that they never step up and put something out there to try/do. What are your thoughts on that?

104: I asked my main question of you from this day already right away, but also, same as my last question to Niiro about staying under that radar.

Pythag: We have dinosaurs from the same genus, while I still don't find this to be an issue, what are your thoughts on it?(I know these have been stated before, but just once more.) Also, along the same lines of Niiro and 104, you've been flying under the radar a lot of this game. What are your thoughts on the question asked of Niiro.

Yaya: While you have a cop in your favor, any thoughts would be helpful. You've been very inactive, so I would like to hear your thoughts on our situation, and the voting yesterday(as well as why you didn't cast a vote at all?)

If anyone has any questions of me, feel free to ask. If anyone has any problems with anything I have asked, feel free to tell me. These questions will get some info for us, and help pick our lynches. My plan at the top is also incredibly useful information. I encourage anyone who has a role like this to let the town know, so I can explain my plan entirely.(And now Niiro's comment about me taking Marshy's spot as head of town looks really accurate... Lol trust me, I'm going somewhere with all of this

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe that kk is the vig. why? Cuz everybody he voted for was nked the next day. And his dino is aggressive lookin.
That would mean mafia has been no-killing. If that was the case, they would have won by now by killing and are ridiculous. Now, as another point, he could be the scum, which explains this. The other option, is that this is an intentional set-up. It is very possible the maf would plan to maneuver their actions to fit a pattern like this on a perceived lower-threat player to make this argument possible near the end-game. Just some more discussion points I think we should consider.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Niiro: What's your thoughts on Karthik's role? It won't hurt to speculate and I'm interested to hear what you think. I agree that 104 has stayed under the radar, as have you. That can potentially be a good indicator for scum that they never step up and put something out there to try/do. What are your thoughts on that?

If anyone has any questions of me, feel free to ask. If anyone has any problems with anything I have asked, feel free to tell me. These questions will get some info for us, and help pick our lynches. My plan at the top is also incredibly useful information. I encourage anyone who has a role like this to let the town know, so I can explain my plan entirely.(And now Niiro's comment about me taking Marshy's spot as head of town looks really accurate... Lol trust me, I'm going somewhere with all of this
I didn't really mean to step into the spotlight. I mean that's why I have tried to keep myself erm.....active (that took like 30 sec to think of that word >__>) but I guess like Macman said, I make alot of post without alot of substance.

That would mean mafia has been no-killing. If that was the case, they would have won by now by killing and are ridiculous. Now, as another point, he could be the scum, which explains this. The other option, is that this is an intentional set-up. It is very possible the maf would plan to maneuver their actions to fit a pattern like this on a perceived lower-threat player to make this argument possible near the end-game. Just some more discussion points I think we should consider.
This could actually be true. KK, you have to stand up for yourself lol. Don't feel like writing a paragraph. But on Marshy, Macman pointed out some posts where he insinuated that he had a power role that would help town. That liar lol.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I know right, Marshy did that to get mafia to target him over any of our prs. Unfortunately they hit Kev first, so our information gathering roles were hurt in spite of it.

Yaya

Smash Champion
6 players, 4 to lynch.

No, you don't do it.

Vote: No Lynch

I'm assuming one scum remains, but even numbers in Mafia Games are bad, really, bad, assuming we miss today, scum kills someone, and we are down to 4 players, with 3 to lynch.

We are best to get an odd number, which will help in the search to find scum.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yaya, no lynch is literally not an option. In the rules it says specifically we MUST pick a lynch every day. Also, we're in a better shape to use the mislynch we have today even if it was an option.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Game-Specific Rules
  • 1. Each day the town MUST decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd rather have an odd number of people, too. However, if there is a doc role, then perhaps the "extra" townie might buy us another misfire.

I have definitely not stayed under the radar. I had quite the spat with Lombo post nameclaim and with KevinM while arguing about the nameclaim. I've also made more posts than anybody here.

On one hand, I can see mafia baiting KK. On the other hand, I can see KK nking the people he voted for and being scum. I think this circumstance adds to his suspicion more than detracting from it. It certainly gives us no better target anyhow.

Top Bottom