• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel you yaya. I kept thinking a no lynch would be awesome. Unfortunately it is not the case.
Niiro is making less and less sense to me.
The vote I'm considering is niiro (again) and KK.

Mentos as far as the name claim goes, I'm actually confused why I'd be suspicious and not you, because I claimed first. You've proven yourself town to me, you've cozied up to marsh, and we know he was town. You're clear.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, solid answers posted up. Unfortunately it appears we have no day vig or hunter, which kind of kills my idea. I'll leave some more time in case anyone has a role like this. I have an idea that would be excellent for town, but if nobody has either of these roles it obviously can't work.

Smash Master
Heh, if we could no lynch, and the mafia could no nightkill, then we'd both play the dominant strategy, and town and scum could live happily ever after.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I feel you yaya. I kept thinking a no lynch would be awesome. Unfortunately it is not the case.
Niiro is making less and less sense to me.
The vote I'm considering is niiro (again) and KK.

Mentos as far as the name claim goes, I'm actually confused why I'd be suspicious and not you, because I claimed first. You've proven yourself town to me, you've cozied up to marsh, and we know he was town. You're clear.
I'm starting to confuse myself too >_>

And what does cozied up mean?

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I will tell you this, you honestly think I could become a vig or maf. Most of the time the people who play well are mafia or vig. *Hint* Eor is practically always mafia. I am not mafia or vig

Smash Master
Most of the time the mod decides these roles randomly.

You're going to need a better defense than that. Why don't you tell us who you feel is carnivorous and why?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Admittedly he did Niiro, but I think he's talking about how as the day went on me and Marshy got pretty much entirely on the same page against Macman and pretty much worked together to get him taken out.

And KK, not only is your reasoning for not being maf/vig terrible(as was said, roles are generally randomized), you didn't respond to any of the questions I asked. Just as a repost

Let's hear something about why you thought Macman's argument was good after me and Marshy essentially tore it down? Who do you think is the scum and why? Given the situation of the vote count yesterday, if you were not maf but convinced Marshy was, why would the other scum have not kept their vote with/changed their vote to be with you and Mac and vote out the townie.

I'm trying to get everyone to make some thorough posts. Karthik is now the only one who hasn't responded to any of the questions asked of him.

Also, I assume it is safe to say we have no day/night vig and no hunter(seeing as no one has claimed yet). Sadly this disallows us from accomplishing my plan essentially using the vig to accomplish the same as a no lynch tomorrow with us choosing the kill.

Smash Master
Orodromeus

herbavoire. xD
Unvote Karthik King

FoS: Niiro

You were the second to last person to nameclaim. The last person to claim was Macman, and the only person who didn't claim at all was Ronike. Not only that, but your dino is black and white, while everyone else's is in color. I would think that the mod would at least want to keep the pictures somewhat similar like he did for everyone else.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You could argue the same thing about karthik King, because his dino has a black background.
plus, this is the wikipedia picture, which I looked up, and everyone has had a wikipedia picture for their dino.
I'm actually worried of yaya, because he was investigated and found innocent, but what are the chances there's a mafia godfather? Yaya's been awful quiet too.

Just putting that out there.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Plus, I think karthik is probably not mafia, because he claimed a triceratops. That's a dangerous claim to fake, because it is one of the more well known dinosaurs.
I think it's now down to Yaya and niiro as to who I am suspicious of.

Smash Master
Well, if there was a lawyer and a godfather, it would be pointless to have cops, and I think the mod knows that. mentos said this already...

What about the timing of his claim?

Smash Master
On wiki

Niiro

Not on wiki
Marshy
KevinM
Karthik King

I'm not going to continue looking. I think it's obvious that not everyone has a wikipedia picture for their dino.

Smash Master
Smashbot also has a black background, but Niiro's pic is the only one that is dictinctively a sketch.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
gotcha. My bad. I guess I only saw those on wiki V_V.
It's not Lynch or lose yet is it? We'd still have another day right?
I'd be willing to vote Karthik for today if that's the case.

Smash Master
We get one mislynch, two if town can avoid being nightkilled tonight or tomorrow.

I took my vote away from Karthik because Niro's nameclaim picture and timing makes me way more suspicious of him.

At first I figured KK picking Triceratops was just general noobishness, but I think our game would have Triceratops, since he's like the staple of the herbivore world. What do you think?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could see our game having a triceratops. Although, one could say it's suspect because no one else has a really well known dinosaur. It doesn't really matter though.
I'm ok with a niiro or kk lynch.
vote niiro (again!)

Niiro

Smash Ace
Sorry i wasnt on yesterday, i had a *** load of things i had to do. i'm on my wii right now so i'll post this stuff later.
erm yeah, this was why i was the second to last person to claim, because I had no access to a computer the first day of the name claim.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's a risky game to play basing our decisions off of things like the pictures of the dinosaurs. I will say Niiro has at times seemed scummy, but basing our decisions off of things like the pictures is an absolutely horrid thing to pay attention to. I will give the fact that he was third to last to claim, behind only Macman and Ronike, which is something to think about, but I will not even consider the pictures in an argument against someone. They are nothing more than flavor, and if you follow flavor, you're in trouble(Seeing as we would have lynched Kevin in Rockin's game had we followed the flavor).

To Pythag, just two things. One, as was already pointed out, a lawyer and a godfather is way overpowered to maf. Essentially with a 3 man maf that would mean on any given night only 1 would turn up guilty(the lawyer). The possibility remains that the lawyering effect lasted into the next day, but I think having a day and night cop was meant to balance that out and also make for confusion if both cops had claimed. As for the part about no one else having a well known dino, you remember I'm a brachiosaurus right? :p

Smash Master
My point is that it's easy to come up with an excuse to nameclaim last. Macman did it, and Ronike did it. Not only that, but your picture doesn't match up with the others.

Vote:Niiro

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
104, I do have to be honest with you here. While I'm not entirely opposed to lynching Niiro, the fact that one of your main points of argument is the PICTURE of his claim makes me really FoS you. I have already explained why this is bad logic, and while your argument about him being one of the last to claim DOES make sense, your repeatedly pointing out the difference in style of picture is such a terrible reason to push a lynch, that it's making you look more scummy, like you're reaching for a reason to lynch someone. As I said, by the end of the day I'll probably be with a niiro lynch, but I just want to point out that between this and your comment about this day going fast, it makes me think a lot harder.

Smash Master
Why is it such a bad idea to think that McFox would have given us all similar pictures, given that 12 people had similar pictures? All you said was that in some other game that I don't know much about it didn't help. If I recall correctly, that game also had a female Captain Falcon, which is another dissimilarity, which makes it disanalogous to our current situation.

Yeah, at the time of the post, Karthik King was really the only scummy player, since he and Macman were the only people voting Marshy, and if one of us switched our vote, Marshy would have been lynched. I've explained this in further detail earlier.

Also, if you couldn't tell, that statement was very tongue-in-cheek. Nobody is that bad at this game to say 'hay guys we should all vote now so mafia gets an advantage'

Smash Master
Niiro, you have made exactly one post of length five lines. The rest have ALL been four lines or less.

Yaya, you have 24 posts.

Could you guys contribute your suspicions w/ reasons and whatnot? Especially you Niiro, since I currently have my vote on you.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Okay.

Sorry about that, it is just that I really have nothing to say. The only thing that you have against me are 2 things I counldn't control: me not having acess to a computer, and the picture McFawks gave me. What do you want me to say lol.
(6lines with this)

Smash Master
How is that six lines? I see four.

Those don't count.

I have basically three things against you; your lack of depth in your posts; your dino's picture, and your nameclaim lateness.

You posted something while on an I-Pod before. Why couldn't you do it for the nameclaim?

Smash Master
Marshy 12:24 am
KevinM 12:33 am
Yaya 12:35 am
1048576 12:35 am
Karthik King 1:53 am
Pythag 2:11 am
Lombo 1:07 pm
mentosman 7:49 pm
smashbot 8:22 pm
Rockin 1:00 pm
Niiro 1:47 pm
Macman 1:03 am
Ronike N/A

I'm just posting the nameclaim times for reference. I think it's a bit weird how Niiro posts 47 minutes after the last confirmed townie claims. Are you saying you couldn't get to your computer for 37 hours until right after Rockin posted?

Niiro

Smash Ace
Marshy 12:24 am
KevinM 12:33 am
Yaya 12:35 am
1048576 12:35 am
Karthik King 1:53 am
Pythag 2:11 am
Lombo 1:07 pm
mentosman 7:49 pm
smashbot 8:22 pm
Rockin 1:00 pm
Niiro 1:47 pm
Macman 1:03 am
Ronike N/A

I'm just posting the nameclaim times for reference. I think it's a bit weird how Niiro posts 47 minutes after the last confirmed townie claims. Are you saying you couldn't get to your computer for 37 hours until right after Rockin posted?
i guess. isnt that what i eaid?

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Honestly I highly doubt what Niiro is saying is true. 37 hours I mean come on. Especially during the time when a nameclaim happens. That seems way to unlikely to me

Vote Niiro.

Niiro you are probably scum the way you have been playing.

Smash Master
Niiro, please elaborate on who you think is town/scum, and why.

Same for you, Yaya.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well that's 3 votes on niiro, I'm not going to.hammer yet though. I do agree he is probably our best candidate today, but I want the day to go on a bit longer. I also encourage any vig if we do have one who didn't claim to,

1.If you're 104 or kk, shoot the other
2.If you're yaya or pythag, shoot 104 or kk.

Probably our best odds there.

Smash Master
Wait what? Why me? Because I'm active? I've done nothing except point out suspicious behaviour. It only seems like I'm bullying Niiro because nobody else is freaking posting.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
104, I said to shoot either of you/kk. I'm relatively confident the remaining maf is one of you two, so if a vig were to shoot one it would at the best kill a maf, at the worst leave us with 1 target/3 people left for the next day. It is a strategic move to help make sure we win the game. While I don't think we have a vig at this point, I felt the necessity of pointing out the possibly useful move just in case.

Top Bottom