• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The time? 65 million years ago.

The place? Your own backyard.

The hour? It's at hand. (Okay, I'll stop)

My friends, welcome to DINOMAFIA.

I'll be posting the flavor with the opening post, but for now, we need some players! Standard mafia rules apply:
  • 1. Do not talk outside of this thread, unless your role PM explicitly says you may do so. Even idle talk with non-players is disallowed. Breaking of this rule will result in a modkill, and if the infraction is severe enough, the whole game may need to be called.
  • 2. Do not edit any posts after 10 minutes of their being posted, and that is for spelling/grammatical errors ONLY. Never delete posts.
  • 3. Do not quote your role PMs in any way, shape, or form. You may, however, paraphrase your PM at any time, but if you go too far, the Mod reserves the right to either replace you or to modkill you should the situation warrant.
  • 4. Do not post in invisible text.
  • 5. Once I have officially posted that you are dead, then you are dead. Do not post any relevant information to the game whatsoever. You are, however, allowed one “Go town!” (Or, “Go mafia!” depending on your team) post after you are dead.
  • 6. Please remember that this game requires an absolutely silent mouth outside of allowed communication and the thread. Cheating will ruin the game, and I will absolutely disrespect you for as long as I am an Admin on this forum. And also, you will be banned forever (Okay not really, just don't cheat okay? It will make me sad. :()
  • 7. When you sign up, you must include the word "thagomizer" in your post, otherwise, your signup will not count because you didn't read the rules. You may not notify any other player of this rule.
Game-Specific Rules:
  • 1. Each day the town MUST decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.
  • 2. To vote for somebody, please use bold tags. For example, Vote: McFox. To unvote someone, Unvote: McFox or just Unvote.
  • 3. If two or more players are tied for the most votes when a deadline hits, the player who reached that number of votes first shall be lynched.
  • 4.The amount of votes required to lynch someone in this game is a simple plurality – whoever has the most votes.
  • 5. I am going to be leaving the country on May 13th. As such, this game needs to end before then. So due to that, strict deadlines will be imposed on each Day and Night of the game. Hopefully, this will also keep activity up. This will likely be a pretty fast-paced game.
  • 6. Due to my leaving the country, this game has already been designed for 13 people. If more than 13 people sign up, the extras will have to be replacements. Sorry everyone, but the game has to finish before I leave. :p

Signups:

1. Yaya
4. 1048576
7. Pythag
11. karthik_king
12. mentosman8

The Death Toll
13. smashbot226 - (Stegosaurus, vanilla herbivore) - D1, banished from the island.
2. Ronike - (Deinonychus, vanilla carnivore) - N1, eaten.
9. KevinM - (Pachycephalosaurus, investigative herbivore) - N1, eaten.
10. Mr.Lombardi34 - (???, ???) - D2, banished from the island.
6. Rockin - (Confuciusornis, investigative herbivore) - N2, eaten.
10. Mr.Lombardi34 - (Tyrannosaurus Rex, independent serial killer) - N2, eaten.
5. Macman - (Velociraptor, carnivorous Lawyer) - D3, banished from the island.
3. Marshy - (Parasauropholus, vanilla herbivore) - N3, eaten.
8. Niiro - (Utahraptor, carnivorous Framer) - D4, banished from the island.

Replacements:

1. Mediocre
2. Omis

Role Pms

The Actions Tally

Smash Master
thagomizer.

I guess I could try this. Sign me up
Go easy on the newb, okay guys :)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wtf is a thagomizer

in other words i'm in.
I like the "you can edit up to 10 mins after" rule, because I almost always make spelling mistakes.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
gah, okay.

so not only I didn't exactly read the entire post, but I've lost my 1st spot. >=/

thagomizer

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
A thagomizer is the accepted scientific nomenclature for the Stegosaurus (and its family's) tail-spike weapons.

There was a Far Side cartoon in which a caveman was teaching a class about the dangers of Stegosaurs:

Incidentally, the thagomizer spikes would have points to the sides and backwards, and not upward as is usually depicted. Upward-facing spikes would imply that the Stegosaurus (or relative) would arch its tail like a scorpion in order to defend itself. However, the reality of doing that is all wrong. The spikes would've pointed out and away, so that the Stegosaurus could have swung its tail to the sides, in order to hit predators who were trying to get to its unprotected sides.

The paleontologist Ken Carpenter used the name when he was describing one of the best-preserved Stegosaurus skeletons discovered, and the name stuck.

:)

(In case you can't tell, I'm really excited for this game. :p)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, thagomize me.

I'm signing up as a replacement, or full player if you wind up needing me. I would go ahead and sign up for the whole thing, but I can only maintain my activity in so many of these games at once.

Ronike

Smash Ace
...KK you are already signed up and we all know Bane is you. Don't try to cheat.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mcfox, ban Karthik King from your game, considering what Ronike just said is true, meaning this kid already tried to cheat with the game not even starting, kick him.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't know how he thought he was going to get away with that. Although now we're down a player, when we only needed 2 more. =/

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Think of it this way.

you're getting people who actually looked and understand the rules

Don't beat youself up, Fox.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
it was a joke lol. jeez
Things like that are not really considered a joke, you know...it gives the idea that you actually made an attempt to cheat =/

also, from the looks of the name, it seems that the name is meant for Evil Eye's game (a game that I wish I could join...**** life occupying me around the signup days ><;; ). So you should use that name more responsibly and only for that game and not use it for stuff like this...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I added you back karthik. If I hear even an inkling that you've tried to cheat, you will not only be modkilled immediately in this game, but I will also find a way to remove Bane from the Batman game. I'm Falcone, I can make it happen. :p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sorry trynet, but I'm not letting someone who is completely unproven into the game.

If Handorin wants to play, he can sign up himself.

And if some of the potential signups had read the rules, we'd be all set.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, why not thagomizer me? If Omis and smashbot read the rules and get themselves really signed up, I'll be fine being a replacement and letting them in, if not or you would rather keep me since I got it first time I'll be in full.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Alright, role PMs have been sent out!

HOWEVER

The game does NOT begin until I make the first official post. Until then, no one playing the game should post ANYTHING in this topic.

And if your PM mentions something about "banishing from the island," that's this game's version of being "lynched." It will be explained whenever the game officially begins, which will be soon.

So again, DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC (OR ANYWHERE ELSE) IF YOU ARE PLAYING THIS GAME UNTIL THE GAME OFFICIALLY BEGINS.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry trynet, but I'm not letting someone who is completely unproven into the game.

If Handorin wants to play, he can sign up himself.

And if some of the potential signups had read the rules, we'd be all set.
So um, I did sign myself up, but apparently I need to actually sign off his account, sign on mine, then post instead of just saying sign me up.

gg guys. gg.

I wont be a replacement if Im not in. Not the same experience and I'll just wait for another.

Top Bottom