• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I didn't know that was you, but either way, you hadn't read the rules, which I required everyone to do before signing up. That's the reason Omis isn't in, either.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Imo, there's no good reason to overlook Handorin's signup. These things are a first come, first serve basis after all, and he did get it out that he wanted to play. Im pretty sure signups for MARVEL happened like that. Anyways, Karthik_King tried to sign up as two different players and he still gets to play? That seems like a mistake. And trynet123 didn't come up as any other players on an IP search, so letting him not play seems like a mistake too, unfair kind of. If you dont let someone play a first game, they can never play a second. =/

Reading-rules rule pwns all though. LOL

All that said, I have good knowledge of the Dinomafia setup and its going to be a really good game. :) Good luck to everyone who plays, and I hope you all really enjoy this game. I've got confidence in McFox to run the game well as it progresses

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It is the Late Cretaceous period, and the world is changing.

Once, long ago, all the land on the world was joined as a single continent. You called this place Pangea, and it was good. The entire world was within your capacity to walk to.

However, as time passed, you evolved, and so too did the Earth evolve. Pangea began to split apart, forming two large continents, the north and the south.

Eventually, even these two continents began to break down. Land got even smaller. Islands formed.

Today, there was a flash flood. You were able to survive by reaching the highest ground of your island. As you look around, you notice that others have also made it to the high ground. You are safe, for now.

Until you remember the meat-eaters that used to live on your island. You look around, and wonder if any of those meat-eaters are here. Unfortunately, due to your tiny dinosaur brain, you can't seem to remember what the meat-eaters look like.

There are 13 of you in all who survived the flood. Everyone decides that, for the good of everyone else, the meat-eaters need to die, so that they don't eat everyone else.

Welcome to Dinomafia

Players will vote on who to banish from the island. A simple majority is all it takes to send someone into the water, never to be heard from again(?). The town wins when all carnivores have been banished from the island. The mafia wins when they outnumber the remaining players. However, beware of independents who may be working towards their own goals.

The only help I can offer you now is that there is not a Jester in this game (a player who wins the game if they are lynched).

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is set at Midnight, Central time, on Wednesday, April 1st. That's a little over a week. Good luck...

Smash Master
It seems like one of the reasons D1 tends to take forever, at least from what I saw in the last game, is that people tend to crucify the first person who makes a metagame-y post, since I guess they want D1 to end quickly, so they must be scum. Can we not do that this time? One, we have a deadline, and two, I think this would encourage people to post more insightfully. Since there's no way to tell who's mafia and who's not on D1, we should all form some opinions on nameclaim, random lynch, etc... so that we can have more info to work with later. (Contradiction is scummy) I'll go first. No lynching is bad, since we don't get any additional info from waiting for night; we already can be reasonably certain that mafia will make a kill and there will be one other night-killing role. This seems appropriate for 13 people. We'll know this whether or not we make a lynch. I'm against random lynch D1 since it prolly won't hit the optimal target and there's no way to determine true randomness. I'm in favor of a nameclaim, since it seemed to be useful in another mafia game (from what I've heard, anyway). I know there are several arguments against it, but I'm ignorant of the differences that made it useful then but it won't be now.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Wait a second, they didn't invent the calendar until atleast 1582. McFOX IS A PHONY!
Seriously though, lets do a name claim, no real down side imo. It's not like the scum can find a important role just from knowing your a triceratops or some ****.

Ronike

Smash Ace
OMG 104 MADE A METAGAMEY POST!!! He must WANT TO END D1 QUlCKLY!!! HE MUST BE SCUM!!! lYNCH HIM!!!

Vote: 104

jk, jk... Now, seriously:

unvote: 104 Vote: McFox

ANARCHY!!!!

Now for really seriously, 104 has a valid point, which I will gladly do, but now I have work... so maybe later...

Smash Master
Hmmm... caps lock maybe?

<B>vote: everyone else</B>
<B>unvote: everyone else</B>

smashbot226

Smash Master
/b/?!?

I DO NOT WANT 4CHAN IN THIS TOPIC. 'TIS THE CANCER OF THE INTERNET.

Also, we should only be able to communicate in guttural moans, roars, and shrieks.

Because we are dinosaurs.

So...

RAWR

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Vote Niiro

Please don't tell me you're serious about wanting a name claim.

And extended jokes only ten posts in.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
What's so wrong with a name claim? nothing bad can come out of it.
Yeah nothing bad can come from giving the Mafia names so that if a pattern emerges they can easily pick off who they think seems like a threat, especially on day one when anyone can name claim anyone and the fact that there is no pressure that would make us want to.

Niiro

Smash Ace
All I'm saying is that it has helped in previous games, and it might help in this one to. Oh wait, I didn't say that. Well I meant to ^^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Niiro, nameclaims are best when it's the 2nd or 3rd day. It's also good when we've gotten a lot of information going on.

Right now, the game JUST started. we only have air right now (which means nothing). All we can do is see if the others will respond to this game.

Smash Master
If a pattern emerges, wouldn't that help us distinguish who's mafia?

If we out one mafia member and make it blatantly obvious who the cop is, that's pretty much an even trade no? If we out one mafia member and rat out the doctor, that goes in our favor I would think. I can't think of any stronger pro-town PRs.

Can anyone divulge details or provide a link to that game where nameclaiming helped? I obviously don't have much experience to go on, but I think if I were mafia I'd have a difficult time researching the right herbivore to pass myself off as town. Also, if you wait till the end to claim, then that's a scum tell, and if you go early and you conflict with someone, then we've got a 50-50 instead of a 3-9 or w/e.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that name claims are a reasonable strategy for a bit later. Right now it hurts more than helps, especially considering we barely even got started. Really a ridiculous idea for this point in the game. With that being said, let's just get some conversation going and see what comes up.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, from the looks of things, I really doubt that there's a SK in this game. Only cause of the fact that carnivors work together as a group of species and there's no such thing as a lone carnivor.

Smash Master
Hmm, I thought the SK could be an omnivore, as could any other independent factions.

Are SK nightkills typically compulsory?

Top Bottom