• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i'm scummy to you because i'm supposedly trying to get the doc to reveal. by quoting me and saying "hey it's pretty obvious that you have a role" it can be interpreted that you're trying to get me to speak up about my potential role just as much as i'm trying to get the potential doc to speak up about his. especially since you still have a vote on me.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
no, obviously you are not trying to get the doc to come out. That would be dumb.

I said that you may be scum trying to get the doctor to waste his protection on you instead of any of your potential targets.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Beh, sorry for being inactive.

anyway, I'M STILLagainst a name claim because of the fact that it's D1 and In my eyes, won't benifit much. Nothing much else reason to be said since most already said it.

And Marshy, I respect the fact as far as how badly you want to nameclaim, but I feel the others including myself simply don't want to do that. Even you soley nameclaiming is putting yourself at risk.

Marshy is acting pretty weird...I never seen him push a nameclaim so hard before.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i've replied to everything you've said about me yet you keep your vote. you're either going way too much on your gut or are mafia by having just attempted to 1) suggest to everyone that i have a power role and 2) try and convince the potential doc to not protect me. everything you've said about me being mafia that doesn't involve your own gut falls flat.

It also seems like you are doc fishing by saying you have an indiscernible role.
this is why i responded the way i did. and now i'm confused.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
anyway, I'M STILLagainst a name claim because of the fact that it's D1 and In my eyes, won't benifit much. Nothing much else reason to be said since most already said it.
There's a potential benefit. There is no likely downside. why would we not go for something that could help and has a very very small chance of hurting us?

Marshy is acting pretty weird...I never seen him push a nameclaim so hard before.
you of all people should know why a d1 nameclaim appeals to me and this is annoying because this quote is way suspicious, yet i can't convince others why it is because of your game. maybe when it's over

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was about to say, Marsh has defended himself pretty well against all the arguments.

I'm not going to lie, it's starting to win me over and the pros seem to be outweighing the cons.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The (real) Votes Thus Far

Niiro (1): KevinM
Marshy (1): Macman

Other outstanding votes include

Xenu (1): smashbot226
Evolution (1): Yaya
McFox (1): Ronike

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
My whole point is that you are trying to come off as being town, but there are small things you say that do not seem to benefit anyone but mafia. And maybe it is my gut, but I get the sense that you are just trying too hard to look town.

i've replied to everything you've said about me yet you keep your vote. you're either going way too much on your gut or are mafia by having just attempted to 1) suggest to everyone that i have a power role and 2) try and convince the potential doc to not protect me. everything you've said about me being mafia that doesn't involve your own gut falls flat.
Also I am not the one that suggested that you had a power role, that was all you. You're the one who said "My role isn't what it may seem to be." Which is what I found odd as I explained in my previous post. I doubt you expected anyone to think you were a vanilla townie after saying that. So I still do not understand why you made this statement and please stop trying to pin that on me.

Your second point implies that if I was mafia I would want to target you. If i was indeed mafia I don't see why I would be trying to kill you in the first place. If you got nightkilled and turned out not to be scum, I would be the first person everyone would look at the next day.

Also, I do not see why you would expect me to remove my vote. You have yet to convince me as to why you aren't scum. And I believe that we as townies should use our vote aggressively.

And I am now even more convinced that you are scum. In my general experience of playing mafia, and from what i read about scum-hunting on mafiascum.net, when a townie tries to defend himself from an accusatory post, they generally give reasons to the town as to why they wouldn't be mafia and focus their attention on getting the town to believe them. However when scum defend themselves, they focus their attention more on the attacker, and when pressured further they try to make the attacker seem that they are the ones at fault or even that they are mafia. Which is what you did in your last post.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Macman, while I feel Marshy is pushing the nameclaim pretty hard, I don't think that would make him scum or anything of that sort. However, I'm still not really up for a nameclaim.

I'm a pecky confused as any other on why he's doing this, but I know that I'm a dino.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Also I am not the one that suggested that you had a power role, that was all you. You're the one who said "My role isn't what it may seem to be." Which is what I found odd as I explained in my previous post. I doubt you expected anyone to think you were a vanilla townie after saying that. So I still do not understand why you made this statement and please stop trying to pin that on me.
Here is what i said:
i still don't get what people mean by a pattern or how it'd help mafia figure out roles. i think mcfox may've went out of his way to make sure that wouldn't happen because you'd most likely think my role was much different than what it actually is.
i was talking about a nameclaim hence me mentioning a pattern. i said that if you knew my name which i'll be revealing 3/28 you'd be surprised as to what McFox pinned the role as. what more can i say that doesn't involve me roleclaiming?

Your second point implies that if I was mafia I would want to target you. If i was indeed mafia I don't see why I would be trying to kill you in the first place. If you got nightkilled and turned out not to be scum, I would be the first person everyone would look at the next day.
anybody can say this about any accusation they ever make. "why would i try to convince everybody to lynch you if i was mafia? if i succeeded, everybody would look at me the next day". that implies that mafia never accuses people which is dead wrong. plus with that logic i could try to convince the other townies to lynch player X and when player X shows that my reasoning for voting him is weak, and thus able to be seen as scummy, i could just say "guys don't worry mafiascum.net shows i'm justified".

then there's the fact that a decent amount of other players have said i'm suspicious in one way or another, so you could always fall back on that if you succeed(ed).

I expect you to remove your vote because it's in the wrong place and there's really not much more for me to say that could convince you without roleclaiming or explaining what i'm looking for in the nameclaim. if there is speak up

when a townie tries to defend himself from an accusatory post, they generally give reasons to the town as to why they wouldn't be mafia and focus their attention on getting the town to believe them. However when scum defend themselves, they focus their attention more on the attacker, and when pressured further they try to make the attacker seem that they are the ones at fault or even that they are mafia. Which is what you did in your last post.
you are definitely way too convinced that what you've read on mafiascum is some kind of perfect criteria for finding scum if you actually are townie. townies do suspicious things all the time and you being so focused on something like that shows that you're tunnel visioned.

and i'll gladly admit that i think your reasoning for being suspicious of me is weak and i've already explained how and will continue to do so as long as you attack me. don't say "well mafiascum says so" when you haven't been able to make a convincing case.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Marshy, I am not asking you to reveal your role, or to explain what you are looking for in the nameclaim. Where have you ever saw me post anything like that. I just wanted you to explain why you added that thing about your role not being what it seems. You could have simply said that McFox would probably have made people's roles not go hand in hand with their names. You could have just left it at that but instead you brought yourself up as well. And I have no clue why. You haven't explained why yet and seem to be dodging it by focusing on other points that i brought up. Only reasons I can see for this, is that it was simply a mistake[you didn't realize you were making it seem as though you had an important role. However I do not believe this is the case because you are a veteran player and wouldn't make a mistake that may out you to the mafia.] or one of the reasons I stated above in one of my previous posts.

Yet again you are missing my point. I didn't ask why would I try to convince people to lynch you, I was asking why would I nightkill you after accusing you strongly day 1. That everyones focus will be on me if you turned out not to be scum. Also I do agree that your point here still applies somewhat.

Also please don't try to make it seem like i'm basing my entire argument off of mafiascum, which is not the case. I simply told you why I think you are scum now because of something I've noticed in mafia games in general and what I read that someone posted on mafiascum. You brought up my mentioning mafiascum many times in your argument to make my points seem less valid.

What also doesn't make sense to me, is why I would remove my vote from you if I am not convinced about you not being scum. I'm going to remove my vote only when I am convinced or when there is someone else that I find more suspicious.

Smash Master
Does Karthik King ever actually play mafia or does he just enjoy the thrill of signing up (multiple times)?

Vote: Karthik King

Not like he doesn't have enough to talk about already, but this might give him a little extra prod.

Also, I can't see why a mafia would put himself out there as the first to nameclaim, for reasons previously stated. I really don't suspect Marshy at all. I know that if I was mafia, no way I'd support a nameclaim, and there's definitely no way I'd volunteer to go first.

As a relevant tangent to the discussion at hand, who benefits if the nameclaim reveals a scum but also the cop or doctor? I'd say the town benefits, because I don't think those roles are valued at a third of the town, whereas the revealed mafia would probably comprise 33% or more of the mafia (likely 33%). Think of it this way, if we value both the cop and the doctor at a third of the town, then one cop equals the rest of the town minus the doctor, which is simply absurd.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy, I will say your arguments have made my anti-nameclaim thoughts go down a bit. I'm still not for it, but I am starting to see where you're coming from. Also, just to say one more time and make it clear, I am solely against this for the fact that it is day 1. If the group decides it's the best decision, I will be more than happy to take my part in it. My vote on this still stands as a no, but if it is what the town feels is best, I will have no problem joining with the majority.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Where is yaya, ronike, karthik and smashbot. i ask because i have no idea what they're thinking, whether they're for/against a nameclaim or what.

macman i'll reply to your post later today probably

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also, I can't see why a mafia would put himself out there as the first to nameclaim, for reasons previously stated. I really don't suspect Marshy at all. I know that if I was mafia, no way I'd support a nameclaim, and there's definitely no way I'd volunteer to go first.
Iono, this is part of the reason why I think he is mafia.

Anyways, though I still hold my suspicions, we should put this aside for now, and figure out this name claiming thing. Since it's more important right now. And like marshy said there have been people that have yet to talk, and that's not good. We can't be having lurkers.

Smash Master
Well, I have two perfectly reasonable explanations for why he would make that "unusual role" gaffe that don't involve him being mafia. They aren't mutually exclusive either. That's also prolly part of why he's not suspicious to me.

What's with all the lurkers? They can't all be busy. It's Day 1, and they all signed up to play just a few days ago. Maybe they expected the joke vote phase to last longer.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Iono, this is part of the reason why I think he is mafia.
I agree, that post seemed pretty suspicious to me. "If I was mafia" statements are a sign of a defending scum argument. I'm not going to draw conclusions, but this is a pressure vote.

Vote: 104

I also agree with the pressure vote on Karthik King - All you inactives need to speak up.

Smash Master
So it IS a scumtell to volunteer to try to think of a name for yourself knowing full well it could get you outed if you were mafia, but it ISN'T a scumtell to be adamantly against a nameclaim, so much so that you're claiming the doctor is more valuable to us than a goon is to them.

KevinM said:
Yeah, its something to work with but if they throw away a scum and somehow hit our Cop or or Doc, then that's a failed name claim imo.

I don't get you people sometimes. It's like you're so into the mindgames that suspicious behaviour is considered the norm, so when someone isn't acting like scum, they must be scum.

Smash Master
Hmmm, you've tried to draw out Marshy's "unusual role"gaffe reasoning, and you've also pointed out that a smart dino could be a cop.

You must be town?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, I don't know what much to say in terms of the arguement. Saying stuff like 'If I was Mafia...' is pretty much the same reaction as looking at OJ Simpson's book 'If I Really Killed my Wife...' >.>

Anyway, still no word from Yaya, Smashbot, Ronike, and KK. I know Ronike has schooling and such, so he is reading this. Just probably having a hard press time to respond. Maybe the same or similar thing for Smashbot.

However, Yaya hasn't posted since that joke vote. I looked at his activity and that was his last current post. KK, I'm sure he's around, but either lurking or not realized the game has started. This was a similar thing in Omis game.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Hmmm, you've tried to draw out Marshy's "unusual role"gaffe reasoning, and you've also pointed out that a smart dino could be a cop.

You must be town?
I tried to draw out Marshy's unusual role reasoning? I never mentioned his role thus far. I don't know where you got that idea.

And yes, I screwed up in making that comment, I wasn't thinking. But it also goes to show that if I could figure out possible roles that easily, why couldn't the mafia do the same? Yes, it was a mistake, but we should all think about that when arguing about the name claim.

On a related note, you chose to attack me instead of my reasoning against you. You pointed out what was suspicious about me so that you didn't have to actually respond to my questioning. This strikes me as another scum tell, if a very small one.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I'm still for a name claim and if we eventually have one, what day whould we do it on? My computer time is gonna be limited from Thursday to Saturday, a little heads up.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
macman again there is no way to explain why i added what i did without revealing those things.

You haven't explained why yet and seem to be dodging it by focusing on other points that i brought up. Only reasons I can see for this, is that it was simply a mistake[you didn't realize you were making it seem as though you had an important role. However I do not believe this is the case because you are a veteran player and wouldn't make a mistake that may out you to the mafia.] or one of the reasons I stated above in one of my previous posts.
I'm letting you know now that i'm most likely not going to explain why i said that for a while. if you're town and being sincere about not being able to think of another reason all i can say is too bad stop trying to halt a plan you supposedly can't see at this point in the game and get your vote off of me when we have 4 players who've barely said anything and i'd rather not risk being lynched because 1 person isn't considering every angle while the plurality rule is in effect. yes i'm being vague about this, yes i'm dodging the question, yes because it's something that may help Town in the long run and no you are not justified in potentially getting me lynched on this alone because you can't figure out everything you want to know Day One.

Yet again you are missing my point. I didn't ask why would I try to convince people to lynch you, I was asking why would I nightkill you after accusing you strongly day 1. That everyones focus will be on me if you turned out not to be scum. Also I do agree that your point here still applies somewhat.
It still applies here perfectly, not somewhat. i don't care that you didn't directly ask that because fact is your vote is on me and you've publicly said that you think i'm mafia, and that's trying to get me lynched as far as i care meaning my response was justified.

but there's something wrong with your original question anyway
If i was indeed mafia I don't see why I would be trying to kill you in the first place. If you got nightkilled and turned out not to be scum, I would be the first person everyone would look at the next day.
this implies that mafia never NKs people D1 after accusing them in the thread. i never said that i'd necessarily be nightkilled tonight so even if we both live to D2 that barely helps clear you since mafia could just nk me a later night and you could say "Wasn't me! that argument was forever ago", plus the fact that there'll be more arguments against players as the game continues so you could just reference another argument i had with whoever whenever it happened.

i hardly see what you mean when you say "entire argument" when the only thing that's held up is that i'm dodging your question and that's because the only satisfiable answer would hurt Town. you've said "well i dunno that just makes me think he's scum" and "well that's what i read off of mafiascum" to try and justify your vote on me and those are way too weak.

as for asking you to remove your vote on me again that's because most of your arguments have been shown to be weak and you keep losing credibility when you cling on to the quotes i mentioned above all while keeping your vote on me, suggesting that i'm mafia, and have lied regardless if it was intentional or not.

i also think that on some levels this is starting to get nowhere what with deadends, miscommunication, and not a lot of input from most other players about this when there's been enough said to warrant a comment.

Smash Master
I tried to draw out Marshy's unusual role reasoning? I never mentioned his role thus far. I don't know where you got that idea.

And yes, I screwed up in making that comment, I wasn't thinking. But it also goes to show that if I could figure out possible roles that easily, why couldn't the mafia do the same? Yes, it was a mistake, but we should all think about that when arguing about the name claim.

On a related note, you chose to attack me instead of my reasoning against you. You pointed out what was suspicious about me so that you didn't have to actually respond to my questioning. This strikes me as another scum tell, if a very small one.
Read the post above the one you quoted. I defended myself and attacked you.

As for drawing out Marshy's "unusual role" gaffe reasoning. You said I was suspicious because I defended him. The only way I could show you that my defense was well-reasoned was to point out how that gaffe likely means that Marshy is town. If I did that, the mafia would gain additional info that I don't want them having.

I am revealing too much. You are squarely at fault. Turn off the pressure.

Also, geez I don't get nearly the slack that the other noob got. WTH man :laugh:

Ronike

Smash Ace
OK, I think I've earned a small break...

Rockin's right, I got back from spring break to learn that I have a program due yesterday actually that we were supposed to have a month on. I have a day. Two after I got the extension. So yeah, sorry for the lurking. I have been reading, but I feel I would be interfering and thus remove valuable information by interupting either of the big arguments (not mention I need to get back to programming ASAP and thus don't have time to get into a big argument), so I'm not going to touch Mac v Kev or 104 v Lombo.

At any rate, for a nameclaim.... well I just don't know. On the surface, it seems great. Roles seem hard to come by, deciphering the actual role of the name seems hard, and the mafia will be obvious. But lets dig down a bit:

I can't remember off the top of my head who said it, but someone said they've never seen you go after a nameclaim this hard Marshy. I agree with them. I know you are often one of the biggest proponents, but this is ridiculous! You are threatening to force everyone into a nameclaim, or else "they are bad" basically! McFox said at the begining of the game there are some independents vying to reach there own goals, well, if I had to blindly pick a person thusfar who seems like they have there own agenda, its definetely you. You are going after this whole thing WAY to hard. So FOS there. I'd vote, but frankly Im not sure if Ill be on again, and I don't like leaving votes on...

Secondly, lets face facts: there were WAY more than 13 species of dinosaurs out there. Plenty of them were herbivores. There would be tons of roles for the mafia to fake claim. Sure, someone might slip up, but as Kevin said, we are then giving the mafia a bunch of info for little cost. Which brings me to my next point, roles.

Though the roles in this game may be slightly harder to figure out, its prolly not going to be that hard. An amphibian dino will be lynch proof once, a big dino will have two votes or be a doc/bodyguard, and a plated dino will be night immune. And thats without going on wikipedia and looking up the different types of dinos. So again, we don't want to hand the mafia info they can then type into wikipedia to gain insight to our roles.

So yes. I agree that later a nameclaim may be in order, but not now. Not when we have info to go off of. Not when we have little to gain.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I have been reading, but I feel I would be interfering and thus remove valuable information by interupting either of the big arguments (not mention I need to get back to programming ASAP and thus don't have time to get into a big argument), so I'm not going to touch Mac v Kev or 104 v Lombo.
Kevin and I have stopped the back and forth. it's over so you're not interfering with anything. macman and i have both said that players who've been quiet (you're one of them) should speak up and there's very little more either of us can say. if you're too busy get replaced.

I can't remember off the top of my head who said it, but someone said they've never seen you go after a nameclaim this hard Marshy. I agree with them. I know you are often one of the biggest proponents, but this is ridiculous! You are threatening to force everyone into a nameclaim, or else "they are bad" basically! McFox said at the begining of the game there are some independents vying to reach there own goals, well, if I had to blindly pick a person thusfar who seems like they have there own agenda, its definetely you. You are going after this whole thing WAY to hard. So FOS there. I'd vote, but frankly Im not sure if Ill be on again, and I don't like leaving votes on...
This is so vague and I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. Considering why I've explained people who don't go with it are suspicious and you haven't said anything to show why that's wrong your only argument that can be taken seriously is "i've never seen you do this before" meaning that you're either playing for an easy suspicion or aren't giving enough thought as to how i'm trying to help Town with this.

Secondly, lets face facts: there were WAY more than 13 species of dinosaurs out there. Plenty of them were herbivores. There would be tons of roles for the mafia to fake claim. Sure, someone might slip up, but as Kevin said, we are then giving the mafia a bunch of info for little cost. Which brings me to my next point, roles.

Though the roles in this game may be slightly harder to figure out, its prolly not going to be that hard. An amphibian dino will be lynch proof once, a big dino will have two votes or be a doc/bodyguard, and a plated dino will be night immune. And thats without going on wikipedia and looking up the different types of dinos. So again, we don't want to hand the mafia info they can then type into wikipedia to gain insight to our roles.
suggesting which kind of dino has which roles most likely just helps mafia. for all we know you could be alluding to your own role here, meaning the only person giving the mafia information is you by opposing the nameclaim with this reasoning. by suggesting roles/dinosaurs/whatever and even sites you're just giving the mafia info to work with and putting a stop to a nameclaim on your own initiative. that's a big point to all of this: i'm letting everyone know what i plan to do on the 28th and am responding to arguments beforehand to convince them that it won't hurt Town. at any point someone could come in here and ruin the potential benefits through several ways, and posts like the one i'm quoting may be one of them.

btw for future reference in this game: if we don't do the nameclaim toDay i shouldn't be done at all.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
smashbot/everybody else please don't come in here and say "Well marsh i'm sure that dinosaur X could be role Y because Z". That'll most likely just hurt town.
listen to this :urg:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I agree listen to that, and sorry we've stopped our back and forth is over Marshy.

@104 blah blah blah sorry I lost count.

I never once said that the Cop is MORE important then killing Scum, but if you have a smart scum they can do something knowing one of the main power roles is gone, I don't think it puts them at an advantageous position persay, but I think the consequences can be just as bad.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So clearly I would not put the wine in front of me.
I just wanted to say that I understood what you were getting at and that this area of my argument is weak and based purely on speculation.

Now marshy, you say that you are not gonna explain yourself. Though I don't really respect that decision, or trust that whatever your plan is will help us in the future, I do realize that there is nothing I can do to force you to talk.

I agree with you on one point, there isn't much else we can both say at this point and there are more important things to discuss right now as I've said before; the nameclaim, and the lurkers[they really irk me]. However I refuse to remove my vote from you because I am still not convinced. And because if you are mafia, I want you to know that there is always that pressure coming from me.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I apologize for my inactivity, and I will say that I am AGAINST a nameclaim day 1.

My reasoning for this is the fact that in day 1, you are most likely going to lynch wrong, and adding the WIFOM of a name claim only furthers that, a WIFOM that carries over into further days, until that possibility is debunked.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Kevin and I have stopped the back and forth. it's over so you're not interfering with anything. macman and i have both said that players who've been quiet (you're one of them) should speak up and there's very little more either of us can say. if you're too busy get replaced.
Like I said, and like you would know if you read my post, I have a big project due yesterday. The only reason Im not flunking the class is because my professor graciously gave me an extension. Of one day. So now I have two, vs everyone elses 30. So yeah, Im busy, but Im done tonight at midnight, one way or another, at which point Ill try to get back and argue, but the fact of the matter is, Im a bit behind due to this.

This is so vague and I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.
Fine. Next post, Ill try and be more specific, with quotes and what not.

Considering why I've explained people who don't go with it are suspicious and you haven't said anything to show why that's wrong your only argument that can be taken seriously is "i've never seen you do this before" meaning that you're either playing for an easy suspicion or aren't giving enough thought as to how i'm trying to help Town with this.
You may have explained it, but to quote a great doctor, "Everybody lies". I understand you may be helping the town, but I also understand that McFox said some people have objectives. So, without any info as to names or roles, what other information do I have to go on? People who act scummy and people that act differently. This isn't even counting the fact that one of my personal ways to tell scum is people who play differently. People talk/post differently when they are stressed, like when they are lying. You are acting differently and not in a way that seems to be just trying something new, you are basically forcing us into something potentially bad for the town, hence the perfectly well reasoned FOS against you.

suggesting which kind of dino has which roles most likely just helps mafia.
This was off the top of my head. So long as the mafia isnt just KK, I'm pretty sure that its common sense and they could have come to the conclusion on their own. Nice try tho.
for all we know you could be alluding to your own role here, meaning the only person giving the mafia information is you by opposing the nameclaim with this reasoning. by suggesting roles/dinosaurs/whatever and even sites you're just giving the mafia info to work with and putting a stop to a nameclaim on your own initiative.
and for all you know, maybe I'm saying the exact opposite of my role so as to fool the mafia. For all we know, you could be doing any of the above. Or, here's a crazy idea, I just brought up the three examples that seemed the most sensical to me, and thus would reveal nothing. Honestly, you wouldn't have thought that without me saying it? Would anyone here not have thought these things if they thought about them? Oh and

by suggesting roles/dinosaurs/whatever and even sites/

Please tell me you are kidding about this... its ridiculous to accuse me for saying wikipedia. Anyone with any knowledge of the interent what so ever, and a few without, know of wikipedia and jsut about everyone I know would go there first. Plus, even if they somehow don't know about it, they know google. Little on edge here? Anyways...

that's a big point to all of this: i'm letting everyone know what i plan to do on the 28th and am responding to arguments beforehand to convince them that it won't hurt Town. at any point someone could come in here and ruin the potential benefits through several ways, and posts like the one i'm quoting may be one of them.
Well, thats nice and all, but you are still trying to force us to do something that could have major repercussion. Thats scummy in my book, no matter how you spin it

btw for future reference in this game: if we don't do the nameclaim toDay i shouldn't be done at all.
SWEET! More my way or the highway stuff! I won't ask you why, cause I already know Ill get a "If I told you, the town would lose" post. Which I will avoid.

Ronike

Smash Ace
well anyways, took too long to do that, I need to program more, so Ill avoid the quotes if no one minds...

Smash Master
Yeah, its something to work with but if they throw away a scum and somehow hit our Cop or or Doc, then that's a failed name claim imo.
Just pointing this out since you said you didn't say it. Can we all agree that three mafia seems right for a game of 13? This means that you value the cop at 1/3 of the town, since you think one cop for one maf is a failed nameclaim. Same goes for the doctor. So the whole rest of the town is only worth 1/3 of the town, same as the cop. That's absurd.

If we take out 1/3 of the mafia for less than 1/3 of the town, that's good. I feel like at least one maf will be unable to handle the name claim.

I just thought of something. If we wait until d2 to do this, that means the mafia will have had one night to converse with each other to come up with better aliases. Two heads are better than one. I think if we do a nameclaim, we should do it today to obtain maximum benefit.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yes, thats true we get a third for less, but consider that the doc can basically clear one person a night. And thats worst case scenario. They may also find us a mafia. So they are prolly worth more than a third of the mafia.

Top Bottom