• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dimensional Cape

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Who here actually uses this move?

I love it. At the moment I'm working on figuring out ways for it to help maneuvering around the stage. Earlier today I accidentally canceled an UpB on the top platform on Brinstar into a Dimension Cape straight back to the main stage. It happened very quickly, and I realized that you can probably do a lot of other crap with it too.

I know that's all known, I'm just wondering who else thinks it's a viable move. It makes for a nice unexpected kill.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I almost never use the attack part of it but I use it a decent amount in the air coming down kind of like a melee air dodge with way more range but start up. the attack I've found is somewhat useful against certain walls like you can catch most sheik's with it if they're holding the chain out on you, but it's not something you can do much just a trick to pull out once and then forget about it

MXblaze

Smash Apprentice
It's horrid. It's only good use is recovery. And even then, DR, nado and shuttle loop are way better options. It's his worst move next to his jab.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
I use it. sometimes just to show off, or for mindgames. actually if i get hit and fly not that far, i do Uair and then cape back to the stage if i can reach it.

MXblaze

Smash Apprentice
People don't expect it, and that's why it gives something fresh to your gameplay
I guess it's ok once every blue moon to surprise people, but that's it. If there was a tier list of MK's moves, cape would be at the very bottom.

Tenki

Smash Hero
how about using it to star KO when people are up pretty high? :3

Browny

Smash Hater
I use it (extended version...) to approach characters like DK, snake etc with a wall of priority and damage in front of them. also its pretty good if you are ever in a bad position (like pinned against the edge of the stage with a giant punch waiting for you) and you just ledgehop-cape to the other side of the stage lol. pretty useless unless you extend it though imo :/

MXblaze

Smash Apprentice
I use it (extended version...) to approach characters like DK, snake etc with a wall of priority and damage in front of them. also its pretty good if you are ever in a bad position (like pinned against the edge of the stage with a giant punch waiting for you) and you just ledgehop-cape to the other side of the stage lol. pretty useless unless you extend it though imo :/
Extending it is banned.

.AC.

Smash Lord
it helps as an alternate way of recovery i guess

.AC.

Smash Lord
Which is pretty much it's only somewhat decent use. It's usually outclassed by his other recoveries as mentioned earlier.
it doesnt stop it from being a somewhat decent alternative,although i guess its only to be used on very specific situacions as his other recovery options are clearly better.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i can use it to recover from some insane places. i was gonna make a thread on the cape too since u can move it in 8 directions then 4 from the recovery

it works as 2 inputs u know one to move and one to send u in that direction when u come out letting u cancel it to an arial

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
It's not useless, even if it's banned, you can do IDC with it, I use it in friendly's and to show off after the opponents dead ^_^.

bobson

Smash Lord
Dimensional cape is really underrated as an approach; in particular, it totally shuts down Mario. It's kind of hard to explain, but you should all try using the dimensional cape slash to approach Mario from now on. It's way better than you give it credit for.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Bobson, do we want to use the cape attack? or no? I'd assume so, because I know Mario has bad priority and a free hit is nice. Plus they probably won't expect it

bobson

Smash Lord
Bobson, do we want to use the cape attack? or no? I'd assume so, because I know Mario has bad priority and a free hit is nice. Plus they probably won't expect it
Oh, definitely. There really isn't much Mario can do about it as long as you mix it up a little.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
That's pretty interesting; I'm going to have to try it out. I'll go to the Mario boards and see if they know a way to beat it too, because I play both characters.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Dimensional cape is really underrated as an approach; in particular, it totally shuts down Mario. It's kind of hard to explain, but you should all try using the dimensional cape slash to approach Mario from now on. It's way better than you give it credit for.
Umm... have you seen what Mario's Cape does to MK's Cape, when he attacks out of it, and is caught by Mario's Cape? Not the best option to approach a suspecting Mario mainer, with.

Dimensional Cape is and has got to be one MK's better moves to use, and is better than his jab. The mobility, mindgames, and other uses for it are pretty good, if you know how to use it. An MK mainer that can DC properly, will move much faster around a stage, like BF, FD, and SV. I prefer SH and then DC to your designated spot, but I will switch it up.

Dimensional Cape is also a great tool against a Snake, so that you can avoid grenades, mortars, C-4s, mines, and overall outwit and out maneuver him. If you don't believe me, try it.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I use it when I'm trying to recovering completely vertically or if I want to get down from the air to the stage quickly to get away, space etc.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Umm... have you seen what Mario's Cape does to MK's Cape, when he attacks out of it, and is caught by Mario's Cape? Not the best option to approach a suspecting Mario mainer, with.

Dimensional Cape is and has got to be one MK's better moves to use, and is better than his jab. The mobility, mindgames, and other uses for it are pretty good, if you know how to use it. An MK mainer that can DC properly, will move much faster around a stage, like BF, FD, and SV. I prefer SH and then DC to your designated spot, but I will switch it up.

Dimensional Cape is also a great tool against a Snake, so that you can avoid grenades, mortars, C-4s, mines, and overall outwit and out maneuver him. If you don't believe me, try it.
Pro MK's would be spamming it up the *** if it was any useful. But they don't.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
That's because pros MK's haven't played too many Mario mains, and it's a really good move against Marios.
MK doesn't need cape to beat mario. Besides, mario can use his own cape to intercept MK's cape and send him far enough to knock him off the stage.

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
i use it for recover cuz it's fast
and i play often against a mario(JUDGE) and he use cape but not often

Top Bottom