• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dimensional Cape

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
I don't use it really. It's kinda laggy onstage. There's offstage but idk really. It's good but there's often better options.

PoweredVolt

Smash Cadet
Yeah, too bad it's illegal in a lot of tournaments (infinite). It's useful for mindgames and such.

Although whenever I'm with the sandbag on the WiFi Practice Stage, I use it a lot.

Yet I almost never use it in actual gameplay, unless I'm in a Taunt Party and I use the IDC for mindgames.

Is it really that good of a recovery move? Whenever I fail using Shuttle Loop I wonder if Dimensional Cape would have worked.
Personally I think it's the worst move for recovery. Shuttle Loop, Drill Rush, and Tornado (only for horizontal recovery) are better.

Plus, the attack has some ending lag that I have been punished for.

Should I use it more?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Sometimes on Rainbow Cruise you have to use it as a safe means of getting past your opponent when you're inbetween them and a deathzone moving towards you when you're at high % xP.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
no dont use it. even as a recovery other methods are better with the exception of mk dittos in some situations
Wait, if for instance, Snake is charging FSmash, isn't it safe to DC and reappear on the ledge? I thought the hurtbox didn't come out until the ledge could be grabbed.

Sometimes on Rainbow Cruise you have to use it as a safe means of getting past your opponent when you're inbetween them and a deathzone moving towards you when you're at high % xP.
How do you make your text like that without painstakingly doing it, letter-by-letter?

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-I don't know why do u think than the DC wreaks Mario...sigh, don't compare your cape with ours x9, mainly because DC must be used like Pikachu's QAC imo, but oh well, if u spam cape, i'll spam Fludd...i have a Mk on my team and it works very nice, but, that's something u Mk's should never know : > just spam Dair and you will be fine...-

lockNload

Smash Rookie
It's probably been said before, but I find it fairly useful to snap MK to the ledge really quickly without taking the chance of your opponent hitting you with a move that out prioritizes the Tornado. As an attack move, yeah it is pretty useless. It misses most of the time and is very punishable. I occasionally use it to get behind a ledge guarder while they're charging up a smash.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i'd appreciate his cape more if i knew how i can actually pull off the slash, because everytime i do it i miss.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I've started using more Samus than Mario so I'm just going to say this: Metaknight's cape sucks except for survival or to switch it up if you need to get past your opponent (very situational). /thread

VERY rarely will you get a kill at super high percents.

VERY rarely will you get a kill at super high percents.
Maybe... ~170% + damage you might be able to kill them, but it's still not likely.

I find using Dimensional Cape when trying to recover onto a ledge such as the one on FD or Smashville is quite useful.
Considering it is good for small vertical recovery such as that, and don't you get invincibility for about 3-5 frames?

EDIT: 9 frames of invincibility.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Yes, but if they grab the ledge then you've got nothing. The advantage to using sideB and upB for recovery is that, besides the fact they go farther, they hit opponents that are hanging on the edge. Dimensional cape has no hitbox (unless you use the attack, in which case you wouldn't grab the edge anyways) so you would just appear, then fall to your death.

Yes, but if they grab the ledge then you've got nothing. The advantage to using sideB and upB for recovery is that, besides the fact they go farther, they hit opponents that are hanging on the edge. Dimensional cape has no hitbox (unless you use the attack, in which case you wouldn't grab the edge anyways) so you would just appear, then fall to your death.
...Well it's good if you have no one hanging from the ledge...
Ah, well Shuttle Loop and Drill Rush are still much better.

Besides, I've made some pretty nice spikes using Shuttle Loop on a person hanging from the ledge.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Exactly. Like I said, those moves are almost always better for recovery. Cape has its uses, but they're pretty much only to switch it up and nothing really practical, just mindgames. By the way, what's your AIM again? I seem to have forgotten it. I added adonisus95 but I don't see you online.

Jupz

Smash Master
I use it simply when I'm too lazy to UpB and because its fun.

Yes I am that ****ing lazy that I can't use a recovery that instantly scales up FD's underside and sweetspots the ledge.

Its just sooo much easier to press down on the control pad then up :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1Pjlb2PXg

is this usefull besides for mindgames? =0
I'm going to start testing that along with M2K's Up-B Cancel move.

And yes, it seems useful because you can go into almost any attack from it.

Now, Dimensional Cape Lag Cancel + Shuttle Loop = Great KO power. Along with the usually-unexpected Glide Attack, that is a great way to KO (given that the opponent is at KO'able percents).

TheMike

Smash Lord
lol dude, Dimension Cap Lag Cancel + Up B Cancel seems great ^^
I'm also going to test this...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Other ideas that come to mind:

Footstool combos (to get to the ground quicker and you should be able to hit with DC attack)
Opponent used 3rd jump and you are racing to beat him to the ledge (risky)

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Proof?

Don't make exclaimations like that, learn a bit first.

It is horrible to use for attacking, usually (unless you want to end a Sudden Death match in a super-awesome finish), but for recovering when directly under the ledge or for mindgames? <3 Dimensional Cape.
It's just that no MK I've played has ever tried to use it unless it was by accident.

Top Bottom