• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy will be the TOP 4 chars in brawl at high levels

ADHD

Smash Hero
How do you feel about this?

Why?:
-No matchups worse than arguably 40-60.
-No impossible matchups on any stage.
-Recovery that is difficult to gimp unless a character has specific strats to force his rocket barrels to the bottom of the screen.
-Superb combo ability.
-Banana control will never be an issue if you know how to deal with strategies of stealing them.
-Good aerial priority (quick and powerful.)
-Very good grab range.
-3 spikes.
-A footstool combo on more than 10 characters that can counter chars trying to gimp him if they are reckless.
-Does well against all the top tiers except falco (but has a large amount of potential against him.)
-Counters game and watch.
-Is very good against metaknight (instant competitive advantage.)
-Good shield options.
-Good spotdodge that is directly below falco's or king dedede's.
-So much depth that he has an answer to almost every strategy against him.
-His worst matchups (luigi, olimar, peach, and falco) are taken out by metaknights quite oftenly.
-Good camping ability and can gimp some recoveries like the space animals with simply a peanut or banana drop.
-Dash attack, need say more?

But he does have bad qualities:
-Killing is only decent, good dededes will commonly live to 160 with great DI bc of this...
-Like I said, some characters have specific tools to gimp diddy like sonic's spring projectile on diddy's barrels if he is recovering from below.
-Momentum is necessary to win.
-Mistakes hurt, HARD.
-His fsmash can be DI'd with good reaction time making it difficult to kill some people even more.
-Can't do anything about marth's spacing...
-If diddy is offstage, the opponent can get free hits from him having to side b back on for example d3's bair constantly hitting him back.
-Its hard for diddy to choose stages to ban most of the time.

It's been proven that diddy can place incredibly well by many of the diddys around the country. He IS a very good character. However, not many people will use him because of how much effort it takes with him to do well and it takes large amounts of experience and time to become viable with him in offline tournaments.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i agree 100% but 4th? dunno i would say 5th really

metaknight
snake
falco
marth
diddy

to me thats what its looking to be.

as a diddy main for a while i believed and still believe that diddy counters EVERYONE...with mindgames o-o he is a character that unleashes a persons abilities and brains in actual combat. and diddy is just the obvious example of what it truly means to be a character that be totally controlled by a players mind. but i do agree with all your pros and cons . we need more diddys placing :3 and starting next week ill be going to nonstop florida tourneys in naples/miami/orlando :3 so ill contribute. GO DIDDY

Panix

Smash Ace
Diddy's place higher than marths and I think he's tied with falco imo.
never will diddy be better then falco IMO.

I just don't see it happening. diddy may be nice, but falco just has a whole different game to him that diddy can't compete with.

Metatitan

Smash Master
diddy will be in the top four mainly because of his bananas. No other character can take advantage so much of the feature most hated in brawl; tripping.

Player-1

Smash Legend
diddy will be in the top four mainly because of his bananas. No other character can take advantage so much of the feature most hated in brawl; tripping.
Wario's uncharged fart can make you trip, it kicks bananas *** when it comes to brokeness, it's the best move in the game

saberhof

Smash Master
but can he keep on farting forever?, i think not >o>...

diddy is too good, he should have his own top list:

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
King DeDeDe will stay as 4th best character I think unless someone founds a way to counter the CG badly.

I think Diddy will be the 5th best character.

MK
Snake
Falco
DeDeDe
Diddy
G&W

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
King DeDeDe will stay as 4th best character I think unless someone founds a way to counter the CG badly.

I think Diddy will be the 5th best character.

MK
Snake
Falco
DeDeDe
Diddy
G&W
This.

D3's grab game is too good. Other than that the he lives much too long, and can build up a good amount of damage before he's killed. Gimping him is a good option, but a not-so reliable and common one.

MK is extremely good(but not broken) to an extent. Snake's ground game and stage control doesn't allow for many problems unless it's in the air. Falco is Falco, don't know a lot on him...

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Diddy can counter D3's CG to a certain extent with smart placement of bananas

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Diddy can counter D3's CG to a certain extent with smart placement of bananas
though most king dededes are smart and instead of continuing the down grab cg they will forward/up/back grab before they trip.

===L/W===

Smash Rookie
diddys bananas help to stop d3s chaingrab but if you dont have them out he can chaingrab you to the edge and the use his amazing edgeguarding to kill you

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Starter stages are good for Diddy, its stupid, he gets a stage advantage once or twice a match. Make 75 m and Hanenbow starter stages and unban them, then Diddy Kong's won't do so well in tournaments. Bananas set ups won't hardly work on those stages.

This is why starter stages are unfair and a stupid rule in my opinion. -_-
Make first stage pick random or play rock, paper scissor.

Starter stages make certain characters like Diddy a better character, just because of the smash communities power to ban stages. I give that 10,000 thumbs down.

I know this post pisses off you Diddy Kong players, cause it will make your character alot worst if those stages were allowed. Diddy Kong's bananas are cheaper than those banned stages.

True facts. :mushroom:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They never have, Fiction. Wario also has no extremely bad matchup, has NO bad stages aside from Luigi's mansion and maybe Corneria, stupid grab range, is UNGIMPABLE (believe me, MKs on the level of Dojo have tried, lol) unless he tries something absolutely stupid, he lives FOREVER (I averaged 180% per stock in DOUBLES this weekend), has ridiculous killers, can also combo, AND he has amazingly good banana control as well (lol, I 2 stocked Flip in the friendlies we played :X [/brag])

Snare

Smash Lord
They never have, Fiction. Wario also has no extremely bad matchup, has NO bad stages aside from Luigi's mansion and maybe Corneria, stupid grab range, is UNGIMPABLE (believe me, MKs on the level of Dojo have tried, lol) unless he tries something absolutely stupid, he lives FOREVER (I averaged 180% per stock in DOUBLES this weekend), has ridiculous killers, can also combo, AND he has amazingly good banana control as well (lol, I 2 stocked Flip in the friendlies we played :X [/brag])
grab release?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Wario should be higher on the tier list... I blame the guy who discovered his awful grab release animation.

So yeaaah Diddy > G&W & Marth.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Wario is within the top 4 best chars......snake mk diddy wario IMO (not in order)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
grab release?
Oh, i guess all those people losing to warios regularly in tournament didn't get the memo, lol

let's tell seibrik, maybe his d3 won't ever get beaten by afro's wario now that he knows about this incredibly new concept of grab releasing. Let's tell all those people that lost and lose to reflex, or all the people that weren't lain and antherz at clash of brokenness that got outplaced by two Warios. I guess I should go tell Cyphus, as well, maybe if he'd just grab released me MORE times with his DK, he wouldn't have lost to me. Oh, and I guess we should let all the Marth players that Fiction ***** on a regular basis know as well.

****, whatever will we do against this "unheard" of problem that hasn't prevented us from winning anything.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
oh, i guess all those people losing to warios regularly in tournament didn't get the memo, lol

let's tell seibrik, maybe his d3 won't ever get beaten by afro's wario now that he knows about this incredibly new concept of grab releasing. Let's tell all those people that lost and lose to reflex, or all the people that weren't lain and antherz at clash of brokenness that got outplaced by two Warios. I guess I should go tell Cyphus, as well, maybe if he'd just grab released me MORE times with his DK, he wouldn't have lost to me. Oh, and I guess we should let all the Marth players that Fiction ***** on a regular basis know as well.

****, whatever will we do against this "unheard" of problem that hasn't prevented us from winning anything.
Wow this argument is totally epic. At Clash of Brokenness I saw a lot of grab release against poor Quik & HungR but they still out placed a lot of people.

The gayest match was QUIK vs Lain there were 14 grab releases, I counted

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ya...rly =(...
lol almost becoming a /b/ board here xD

and hmm wario. only wario ever giving me trouble is afro's. >_< but only cuz i keep forgetting to utilize teh upsmash back then >_< been a while since i fought him tho :3 next tourney i shall.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
lol dont get all mad, i was just mentioning it. theres a reason wario is top tier
If you weren't serious then my apologies. You have no idea how many people think this is a deciding factor for many things regarding Wario, lol.

Mostly what makes Wario better than Marth is survivability. And not getting ***** by Metaknight.

RoyR got beat by Sandtrap, who isn't really an amazing MK, just b/c the guy was MK, lol.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dedede vs wario? I don't understand how d3's bair isn't the answer to campy-*** warios.

===L/W===

Smash Rookie
because wario can move fast in the air and d3 cant. wario can airdodge everytime d3 gets close and it makes him incredibly hard to hit

lain

Smash Master
Wow this argument is totally epic. At Clash of Brokenness I saw a lot of grab release against poor Quik & HungR but they still out placed a lot of people.

The gayest match was QUIK vs Lain there were 14 grab releases, I counted
That's how I do it baby :]

Top Bottom