• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Did ubers for the first time with the help of some friends and managed to get all the organ drops my first run :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
.... I have done 10 fights and have 3 Fangs and 1 Eye ; ;
We did them on Mp7, what were you doing them on?

Also, I just did 10 act 2 key runs in a row on Mp5 and only got 1 key -.-.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Even though i was minuscule, letting the world of Diablo know I am retired. It has nothing to do with me not getting a Hellfire Ring, actually the lack of one kept me going longer than I would have should I have gotten one.

My reasons were quitting were this:

-Unless they have an overhall with an expansion or some sort of idea, it's in a pickle. 60+100 paragon levels feels like a worthless grind, ubers feel like they pale into comparison of the D2 ones. They could re-do ubers, but they'd have to either buff para levels or implement a new system

-Everything is dps dps dps. Yes you have CM Wizards, yes you have types of DH and WD, but there are no classes that are for support and what not. I guess this is one MMO aspect I miss and carry from quite a few mmos. (I am well aware CM Wiz can basically tank and let others DD, my point on this is that there are no classes that spend most there time debuffing or passing buffs to the party, or healing.

-Repair cost. This sounds trivial but I can't half *** the game for fun without being scared I'm going in the red. This is one of the more trivial complaints, however.

-More grind than maplestory. I get that Rpgs=grind, but dear god. Even if I get a Tal Rasha body there is a good chance it'll suck. This is a terrible idea. I like the idea of legendary having varying stats for diversity, HOWEVER, the fact legendary can have a great % to be complete ***, that's lame. All this does is make me have to grind more, not appreciate the drop.

-My final "nail in the coffin" is this past year all Blizzard has done is release a game with an okay amount of content and recycled, reformatted, buffed, spit out, etc the same stuff but harder/faster/etc.

Ubers feel like duo fights of bosses I never thought about twice buffed slightly. Where are the Azmodan/Diablo duo ideas?

Paragon levels are basically saying "Go run through Act III 50,000 times"

And the concept of obtaining said Hellfire Ring, btw, is the only thing I care for in this whole mess. Getting to fight NEW bosses (which were interesting, btw), and farm Neph 5 in whatever areas we like was entertaining for a while

To be short and concise, I'm all for a repetitive dungeon crawling. I am not for, however, for one that can't add a few new dungeons, or bosses, or ideas.

Recycling has it's limits, and on that note I made enough money to get some Wii-u games with my gear so yeah ;)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I stopped playing awhile ago. Started again recently and I'm having fun, but I'm only doing like 1-2 runs every few days. Playing it this way keeps it pretty fun for me.

I played D2 forever, but in D2 you could look around games for what you wanted. You could see a trading game and go in and try to score a sick trade rather than looking through a list. You could see a PVP game and mess around in it(not to mention low level pvp games which were hilarious), you could farm every act in the same game, etc etc. I like a lot of things D3 improved on like the gameplay and various other aspects, but they really managed to kill the community feel of the game which is what I think keeps people playing for so long.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ A big aspect of this games "meh" is also the community. I've heard from Kravenious D2 had some cool people, D3 is like trollville.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
^ A big aspect of this games "meh" is also the community. I've heard from Kravenious D2 had some cool people, D3 is like trollville.
Yep, I was constantly on D2 back in the day, sometimes solely to chat.

I turned off Com chat the third day.

I've played with randoms twice.

"Meh"

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't think D3 community being trollville is an accurate statement. You should say the people from all the communities have become that way, looking for a good community these days is impossible unless you really have RL conversations or being present side by side with the people you play with, like smash maybe.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't think D3 community being trollville is an accurate statement. You should say the people from all the communities have become that way, looking for a good community these days is impossible unless you really have RL conversations or being present side by side with the people you play with, like smash maybe.
Yes, but no.

Example:

8th grade~Senior year I played Final Fantasy XI. I met my girlfriend whom I've been with for 6 years, friends I still talk on Facebook, and honestly many memories that shaped me.

I've recently, (a year ago, and whenever 2.0 relaunches) started playing FFXIV 2.0. Yet again, I've met people I plan on either meeting now that I'm older, or at least staying in touch.

I realize that's a mmo, but it's still a very valid example of a flourishing community.

I'd also argue things like Miiverse bring people close (though it's a bit odd at the moment), and while I'm speaking Nintendo Pokemon has brought many friends as well.

Miiverse also has drawings, heh :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Idk if I agree with that, Kage. The only online community I've really had issues with was the dota 2 community, which was more than happy to remain consistent of trolls and BM. WC3 community was amazing, SC2 community is really good, LoL community seems really good so far.

It has a lot to do with the established personalities in the communities, especially the top players. The dota community has a history of BM since its birth, and each new generation of players learns from the previous generation that it is standard to be a ******* to other people, to the point where it is taboo to be nice to someone.

The only way it can change is by leading by example. Diablo3 has a pretty hard time, since from what I remember, player interaction was relatively low. Diablo 2 you needed to join channels to find games and you did most of your grinding in pubs (baal runs and what not). Diablo 3 there is practically none of that. There are chat channels, but there is no reason to use them unless you want to go out of your way to talk to people. Sadly, on the internet the type of people that will go out of their way to go to chat room are those looking for cheap laughs or scammers. Blizzard would have to legitimately go back to the old d2 style in order to effectively have a better community.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The issue is player integration imo.

what I mean is, you feel proud of your Sc2/loL records/account, proud of your Wii-u things, or even mmos accounts.

D3 is fast paced, and so quick to be good there's no reason not to troll or be "meh".

I'd never troll FFXIV because I have every class but 2 maxed out, and that took time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well if you look at it case by case then that certainly would not be true because you can always find other people where you can have fun with or connect to... I was just talking about in general, it's amazing how much ****** **** is going about these days.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It has a lot to do with the established personalities in the communities, especially the top players. The dota community has a history of BM since its birth, and each new generation of players learns from the previous generation that it is standard to be a ******* to other people, to the point where it is taboo to be nice to someone.
I haven't had any issues in DotA 2, I'd say the vast majority of people I play with are pretty cool. Occasionally there's ******s but they're the minority. Maybe there's some correlation to the amount of ******s to skill bracket level.

Well if you look at it case by case then that certainly would not be true because you can always find other people where you can have fun with or connect to... I was just talking about in general, it's amazing how much ****** **** is going about these days.
Truth, a lot of communities are just ****ty, but you can still find some great people in them.

Also FFXI the best.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It just feels like games have crappier communities because said game is crappy, or isn't what it should be.

and yes, FFXI was the best. I had 8 Lv75s back in the day, but meh. I quit when she came to live with me, as did she, and then we got into XIV which I highly reccomend when 2.0 launches.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I only played alpha and really early closed beta for 14, and was super disappointed with it. I don't really know if I'd even be interested in picking it up. I've currently just been messing around with FFXI privates, I kind of wanted to play it again but abyssea seems to have radically changed the game from what I had enjoyed.

I had 75 rdm/blm/war/mnk/cor/bst/blu. I was able to convince my last shell to let me go dedicated cor in the blm party and it was pretty much the sweetest gig ever.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hah, I was 75 rdm/blu/mnk/nin/sam/drg/bst :)

14 Got ALOT better after XI team took over ^^.

I have Blm/Mnk/Bard/Drg 50, and all crafts 50 but Cooking(34)and Weaver (41). Also had Miner 44 and Botanist like 33.

Fishing is my only lv1 lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I haven't had any issues in DotA 2, I'd say the vast majority of people I play with are pretty cool. Occasionally there's ******s but they're the minority. Maybe there's some correlation to the amount of ******s to skill bracket level.
Yeah in my games thats usually how it is, thought I usually have at least 1 ******* on my team. I use the mute button every other game. But for the most part everyone is pretty chill and we have a good time.

I'm talking about the organized community. If you try to join any teams, most of the good players are complete ****s. There is a direct correlation between skill level and douchebaggery. The forums at NADotA are d2jsp level of moderation with the maturity level of 4chan.

I made a thread suggesting that they expand the forums a bit. Their entire dota section is thrown into a forum called "DotA Chat", which includes strategy discussion, game news, tournament advertisements, tournament results, favorite player chat, and anything else. I made a thread basically saying, "hey it might be a good idea to fix that". On the first page less than half of the posts were on-topic, and probably half of the on topic ones were direct flames. And the site admin was posting in the thread. I even brought this issue up in the thread, and they told me that the community wants to troll and wants to be *******s. So I was like, whatever, and peace'd out.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Idk if I agree with that, Kage. The only online community I've really had issues with was the dota 2 community, which was more than happy to remain consistent of trolls and BM. WC3 community was amazing, SC2 community is really good, LoL community seems really good so far.

The only way it can change is by leading by example. Diablo3 has a pretty hard time, since from what I remember, player interaction was relatively low. Diablo 2 you needed to join channels to find games and you did most of your grinding in pubs (baal runs and what not). Diablo 3 there is practically none of that. There are chat channels, but there is no reason to use them unless you want to go out of your way to talk to people. Sadly, on the internet the type of people that will go out of their way to go to chat room are those looking for cheap laughs or scammers. Blizzard would have to legitimately go back to the old d2 style in order to effectively have a better community.
FB trolling FTW

Kal

Smash Champion
Does anyone have any suggestions on what gear I should upgrade next? This is my Demon Hunter. I have 2 million gold left after getting those boots (managed to snipe a bid at the last second and got 'em for 2.8 million), but I'm willing to spend $5 or $10 on more gold if it would be worthwhile.

Also, if anyone wants to play MP10 Hardcore, let me know. It's really fun when a group of four people rolls the same class. I had a group roll all Barbarians and we had a good time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yay I get to use my barb to fight.. though itll be tough to fight against normal characters with much better gear. That is definitely an issue with gear balance.

Kal

Smash Champion
Do you mean softcore characters? The dueling will be accessed by talking to an NPC in act 1, so there won't be any HC vs. SC dueling.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, and you won't be able to die in HC dueling, which is lame.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, and you won't be able to die in HC dueling, which is lame.
Jay Wilson expressed his desire to have a small/hidden place for hardcore dueling to take place (where you indeed die permanently). I don't know if he'll execute on that, but he mentioned that in an old interview. He said he thinks that community is crazy but respects their wishes to take such a huge gamble.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
1. Jay Wilson leaving D3 team.

2. Path Of Exile open beta starts today. It's a dungeon crawler similar to diablo I guess but developed by indie developers and is free to play. I have no idea if it's good or not but I thought it worth posting. I'm downloading it now to check it out: https://www.pathofexile.com/

Top Bottom