• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So is this worth playing anymore? Stopped playing a little after the first Inferno patch to make it easier (I think the one with the DPS nerfs).

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
They put in a new system which mimmicks /players x, it's pretty neat. They made Inferno easier to incorporate it but higher selections of the feature are harder than the original Inferno mode.

Jolteon

Does anyone wanna run together at some point? I'm doing Alkaizer runs atm, but I'm open to doing longer runs, too.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ what runs are Alkaizer runs? All I've been doing is Ring stuff, but I'm pretty weak. I can solo MP4 and that's about it.

Jolteon

Clear Core of Arreat to the WP (you need to start game with the checkpoint right before Azmodan)
WP to Tower of the Damned lvl 1, do one circle
WP to Arreat Creater lvl 2
Teleport to town, WP to Bridge of Korsaikk, clear Fields of Slaughter
Teleport to town, WP to Keep Depths lvl 1. Immediately enter Keep Depths lvl 2 and clear it.
Teleport to town, Log out, Resume Game

It's a really efficient route, you can get 40m+ exp an hour by doing this.

Jolteon

Yeah, I wouldn't do Fields on hc either, Heralds of Pestilence hurt. :| It's really nice on sc though since the area's great for exp+drops and the map is consistent.

What route do hc players farm? I can think of some areas I would avoid (the fire grates in keep depths spring to mind).

Jolteon

Full act clears take so long. :c I guess they are fun to do sometimes, though.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Alkaizer runs take 10-13 minutes or so for me. In terms of exp per hour it was about 40% more efficient for me to switch to alk runs.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I guess if you really want Paragons, it might the best way but I don't think so if you want legendaries. It's always better to clear as much as you can with 5 stacks so you can get mad rares which can roll even better with high MF and also have more chance to get random legendaries.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
The key to the run is that it runs the densest areas and since legendaries have decent probability of dropping from white mobs with how many you kill, the legendary count should remain comparable or higher than if you just ran for the purpose of finding all the rares. But hardcore is...hardcore, so just try to stay alive

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Somewhat, you hit 5 stacks very fast most runs. Typically after ToD you have 4. Areat 2, Keep 2, and fields you'll have 5 stacks for, and all of those areas have some really high mob density.

I also toss on stonefort into mine just on the offchance of getting a key because why not.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Sorry i missed your post Jolt. My GF also has a CM Wiz which would be perma freeze ^_^. We should do that soon.

I'm looking to upgrade my Barb but ugh it is so expensive. I want a good Mempo but you know how that goes. Anybody have an advice for a moderate upgrade?

edit: i should mention i'm looking for upgrades that will not downgrade my defense too much. I'm at about 75k vit (with amethyst in helm) and 500 resist (looking to boost my resists). With my high DPS gear I do about 250k (inna's pants, witching hour) but sacrifice resist, vit, and life steal :\).

Anyway, any suggestions would be great.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/mikehaze-1215/mikeHAZE/3920212

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I bought this for $10 thanks to a sale with Toys R Us.

It's okay. Nothing amazing.

Jolteon

np dude, but yeah let's definitely uber sometime soon. =D

I know how you feel about having to raise DPS while maintaining high EHP, stuff becomes so much more expensive. :(

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's pretty damn hard to do that.. I dont think its possible to get both very high, you have to go one way or the other. Having 200k dps and 150k hp with high resist, i havent seen anyone do that yet.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Got the best deal on Diablo III swag ever. The Diablo III steelseries headset and mouse went on clearance at Staples. I work there. 50% off for clearance tech along with 10% staff discount. In total for the headset and two of the Diablo III mice? $89

/victory fanfare

Kal

Smash Champion
Just got pretty decked out (relative to where I was) for 10 million gold. Anybody have any suggestions where I should go from here as far as farming and leveling past 60?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
My barb friend, I, Dphat and budro just did MP8 ubers and it was pretty much a breeze, super satisfying.

Kal

Smash Champion
I just MP7 with a friend and only got one of the organs. Profound sadness.

Jolteon

Just got pretty decked out (relative to where I was) for 10 million gold. Anybody have any suggestions where I should go from here as far as farming and leveling past 60?
What character do you play?

shanus

Smash Hero
I have 2 out of 3 organs and just need the last one from siegebreaker. Almost have another 3x infernal machines if any of you guys want to group together.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I havent played since launch week, should I pick this game up again?
I was disappointed in the fact random blue were like. the best items in the game and the lack of good boss runs.

Jolteon

Demon Hunter.
DH upgrades are pretty expensive now, so you'll have to grind a lot. I'd suggest doing Alkaizer runs (here) on mp1, or a variation of it. Try to get each run under 10 mins (vault: tumble+24 movespeed+tactical advantage), this way you'll find gear and level efficiently. Have one skill to clear out trash mobs (ball lightning or multishot), a nuke for elites (echoing blast, cluster and RoV: beastly bombs all work great) is also helpful but not necessary if you can't fit it into your build.

Sell stuff cheap on the AH, if it doesn't sell after a few hours then cancel it and put it up for less, you only have 10 slots and they'll all valuable. You'll notice all your small sales will add up quickly.

If you can pick it up later, a legacy nat's set is great for these runs since you can survive with 300 all res and it lets you vault/gloom for the entire run without any disc issues. It becomes more expensive to keep high ehp+dps with this set, though.

I have 2 out of 3 organs and just need the last one from siegebreaker. Almost have another 3x infernal machines if any of you guys want to group together.
Add me, I can get 3 machines as well.

Jolteon#2706

I havent played since launch week, should I pick this game up again?
I was disappointed in the fact random blue were like. the best items in the game and the lack of good boss runs.
Legendaries got buffed considerably, and it's what most people use now, along with rares. They also added in a few systems from D2 (ubering, monster power=/players x). I think this game still has a lot of fundamental flaws, but each patch so far has been a great improvement.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I still believe D3 will be ****ing awesome when more patches come out with the expansion also.

D2 without patches was pretty basic too with a lot of bugs, if you compare both games.. they both felt like still in beta.

Top Bottom