• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So after getting my third 60 (Wizard), I kinda needed a break from this game. Dumped 39mil or so on Wiz; iirc I have 39k dps/35khp/725 all res.

When I quit this could solo act 2 inferno pretty well bar-wasps, has inferno gotten easier or harder since iquit a month or so ago? I quit when the "nerf" came out

Kal

Smash Champion
Please don't state your opinion in the Diablo III general discussion thread, unless your opinion is positive.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
my first 100 hours were great. I still subscribe to this thread hoping one of these news updates will be for PvP

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
my first 100 hours were great. I still subscribe to this thread hoping one of these news updates will be for PvP
Pretty much this. The game is sooo boring right now, but I enjoyed it for the first 100-200 hours or so.

Kal

Smash Champion
I enjoyed it through normal. Also enjoyed running through Inferno with Hylian just facerolling everything for me.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'd be interested to see the number of people currently playing Diablo 3 daily. There is no way it's above 100k if you ask me. The game lost steam really quickly with the majority of the public

Dekar173

Justice Man
jem with how many people actually buy my stuff off the rmah, it has to more than 100k. Either that or one rich ******* is just buying everything ;p

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I can suggest two things, i dont know that much but I know some stuff.

1) Try swapping them around and see if your Damage changes. If so, stick with the larger value

2) Normally the higher dps weapon should be in your main hand.

I've also heard that 120 STR is approx 100 DPS bonus. I'm unsure how this applies however...

Player-3

Smash Hero
stats on mh/oh mean nothing both are applied equally does not matter which slot

only damage (dps value)

higher dps value on a weapon goes into mainhand

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
stats on mh/oh mean nothing both are applied equally does not matter which slot

only damage (dps value)

higher dps value on a weapon goes into mainhand
Coolies, ta.

1) Try swapping them around and see if your Damage changes.
I do this all the time for upgrades, so I'm facepalming so hard that I didn't think of it for this. Hurpa durpa.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Or if you're rich then grab two 1-handers.

What server do you play on Mic? I doubt we match but I'm on US.

I currently have a bunch leveling gear I used for my barb a week ago that I'm still slowly selling back to the AH.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm on the US servers, since at launch they were the first servers up :p

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I like the decisions they're currently making, I think it's a step in the right direction and shows that they have been listening, but they still have a lot to do and one patch won't fix it. I only hope they'll be consistent with good decision making.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow that patch actually looks really good lol. Glad they are taking feedback.

Kal

Smash Champion
Patches have consistently been good (with the exception of stupid **** like nerfing Azmodan runs). Liking this preview for 1.04.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Out of curiosity, why can't one patch fix it?
It's not a huge patch update, I think this line from the blog summarises it best: "In other words, there’s a world of difference between an item having no chance of being good, and some chance of being good. It’s not something we’re going to be able to fully address in 1.0.4, but giving every dropped item a chance to be good is a long-term goal. One area we felt we could make immediate improvements for 1.0.4 was with weapons."

Now, if it were a huge patch like d2's 1.10 patch, then I believe that they could fix it all in a patch, but I don't think they have the time frame necessary for this patch to fix everything.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I remember waiting ****ing forever for D2's 1.10 patch. That was back when I had AOL 56k or something.

Kal

Smash Champion
I remember the constant speculation as to when the patch would go live. Those were good times.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I missed guided arrow with pierce :(.

Player-3

Smash Hero
well i just died on my first hardcore char :(

guess i should have picked a class i play!!

edit: just found my first item that might sell on RMAH!

mf cap and 155 str / 60-80 vit or so on a sacred shield with 4% damage reduction

progressed to act 3 just solo'd belial wooo

Player-3

Smash Hero
Top Bottom