• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diablo III: Not even death can save you from me

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ha I just read that blog 10 mins ago, I am genuinely impressed. :p

edit: Since I'm enjoying viewing these items I'll give some input as to what I think, I think the bigger numbers make these items very interesting. I seriously felt disgusted when I saw that Giant Skull had fallen from a static 50% knockback chance to a maximum chance of 3.5%. >_> The unique effects are also really interesting, some like Pox Faulds are even amusing.

The other thing that really jumped out at me was former uniques being buffed. I didn't even know that Windforce or Goldskin existed in Diablo 3 because the items are terrible and not even noteworthy. Every time I saw a unique that I like (Homunculus, Windforce, BURIZA and Lidless Wall were the main ones) restored to their former glory, it made me excited. The new Goldskin reminds me of D2's Wealth runeword, it's cool. These items are cool.

I'm not liking Frostburns though. :| I don't understand how those feel like the old Frostburns when they don't even give a resource bonus, old Frosties were all about the mana. Remember why every ES Sorceress used them? >_> It sure as hell wasn't for a damage boost.

Also some of the new items promoting build diversity are cool, like the 300th spear, reminds me a lot of Rift Kickers, bow paladins or wwsins etc. where one item opens up a new build.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/

blizzard stepping it up, looks REALLY good

also hylian this is my barb going into act 3

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wampuh-1353/hero/3063880

what do you think i should improve next? i was looking to upgrade my shoulders (or a higher dps wep if i can find one that i can afford with alot of vit on it) for vit stacking because my health pool is really low atm
Health isn't as important as you would think. Around 40k is good as long as your resists are really high and considering they are higher than mine you will be fine. If you compare our barbs yours actually looks somewhat tankier aside from the 20k health difference. One important thing you have to remember is block rate and damage reduction. I get 10% melee damage reduction from my items and have a pretty high block rate from my shield and my helm.

Upgrading your weapon will help a lot more than you would think, killing things faster is nice. My weapon sucks(it was 996 dps before the IAS nerf lol) but I'm tanky enough that it doesn't matter, my next upgrade is easily my weapon when I start playing again. With your LoH you definitely want to make sure your weapon speed is at least 1.40 it makes a huge difference.

If you look at my items you can just compare and see what you want to aim for(I can solo clear everything in the game easily, and can carry people through diablo inferno with them just sitting dead) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hylian-1140/hero/2997526.

Your chest armor would be the first thing I upgrade honestly. Look for sockets. You'll notice mine has very low res all compared to the rest of my gear, that is because I use my armor mainly for it's absurd amount of life letting me sacrifice vit on other gear in favor of res all and str.

On a last note, I haven't played this game in awhile. It seems like barbs have changed to WW/Sprint barbs mainly and I would ask zac about that if you are interested. I just answered because you are using my exact build haha.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I run ww sprint when im farming but im trying to progress through inferno so im rolling this build

:phone:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Holy balls. this patch seriously looks amazing. It gives a whole new reason to farm.

The stats on some of those items tho....... WTF

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ohh interesting.. man you are going to feel much stronger in Inferno now.. lol. Nerfing inferno but buffing classes seems like a weird move. Will there be any challenge now?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There wasn't any challenge in the first place for me :/ lol. These items sounds awesome. Still going to wait till PVP to play again though, I figure the game will be really polished by then, otherwise I'm just going to get bored fast with nothing to do but farm.

Kal

Smash Champion
In truth, it seems that adding challenge to Diablo is a bad move. Anything too difficult will necessarily feel artificial and contrived because Diablo does not really allow for any complex mechanics. So, in the end, things always feel like a gear check. The task then shifts to asking how (arbitrarily) high you should set the gear check.

Diablo II was not very challenging, but I don't think that took away from its fun. In fact, it added to it. There are games where challenge is rewarding and fun, and that is usually a result of the difficulty being "organic" in some sense. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are good examples. The Megaman Zero series is another example. Darksiders is also a pretty good example. I just can't see a way to make Diablo III fun while maintaining any difficulty. The game is not complex enough to allow for difficulty that constitutes anything other than gear checks.

I've found Diablo III to be tremendously more fun after 1.03. I think reducing the difficulty, without making it trivially easy, is a good way to go with a game like this. I can't think of a point-and-click, spam-happy dungeon crawler that was legitimately difficult. It's always seemed to involve gear checks.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Id guess sometime next week with how fast theyre pumping out these blogs

------------------------------

Demon hunter blog out
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6986845/

rain of vengeance

Current: 75% weapon damage for 5 seconds
1.0.4: 715% weapon damage over 5 seconds

faeoifw3arioeawhfa3h93y403784973u4ehiklbad9ofsbiaovhvhdoiahviooirb3gw8rgoieabroi83gw48iowhnalk4rb4weaoirbni3wlnar5oia3ewnroimaroenaw;lfedart3a4w56y7u8ytrertyhjkjhgfdfm,

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Demon hunter blog out
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6986845/

rain of vengeance

Current: 75% weapon damage for 5 seconds
1.0.4: 715% weapon damage over 5 seconds

faeoifw3arioeawhfa3h93y403784973u4ehiklbad9ofsbiaovhvhdoiahviooirb3gw8rgoieabroi83gw48iowhnalk4rb4weaoirbni3wlnar5oia3ewnroimaroenaw;lfedart3a4w56y7u8ytrertyhjkjhgfdfm,

,mfdfghjkjhytrerty8u7y65w4a3tradefl;waneoramiornwe3aio5ranlw3inbrioaew4br4klanhwoi84wg38iorbaeiogr8wg3briooivhaiodhvhvoaibsfo9dablkihe4u379487304y39h3afhwaeoira3wfioeaf

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Might start playing my WD again, shelved it at 51 after I got sick of using the damn blowgun.

Anyone mind taking a look at my gear and find out what's wrong? Logged on to my 51 WD today to move some stuff to it for storage and noticed that it does significantly more damage than my Barb, who's sitting at 3953 at 58.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mic-1648/hero/8244483

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I would wait til 60 to spec out, since you're so close. You can find really cheap upgrades for high STR numbers. If you have a lot of money then you want to grab items with crit chance, If not, aim for the usual: STR + VIT + All Res. You can also find cheap items with %life or flat damage instead.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Also +armor on items can replace all res if youre on a budget thats how i survived until i made enough

:phone:

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
Your weapon is weak. It's the main reason your dps is so low. You can find a stronger weapon probably if you search for min level 60 weapons with a level requirement reduction. I found a 1300dps weapon with a socket for 50k earlier today this way for my wizard. The other reason your dps is low is because there isn't much of the offensive stats besides str on your gear (crit chance, crit damage, attack speed), but you really shouldn't worry about all of that until you get to 60 really. Maybe you'll want to pick up a nice level requirement reduced weapon though; it helps for leveling just about every single character.

Hmm, I didn't see the last two posts, almost all of my advice was already given =P.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ding! :p

That'd be awesome Zac. Give me a yell on aim when you're around and I'll hop on.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Puzzle Ring (Ring) - This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

this is a real thing, blue post had it in it

Kal

Smash Champion
Paragon system looks fantastic. I'm actually going to play again once 1.04 goes live.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It looks really good for PvM content but terrible for PvP, having to level to 97+ to have an optimal PvP character for some builds was a terrible thing and I for one was really glad to see that element go in Diablo 3. :| I support paragon levels adding a bonus to mf/gf, but I don't agree with it adding a stat bonus as well.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really happy about the changes they are making. I am definitely going to try out the game again after this patch.

Edit:

I should note though it's going to be even harder to hit level 160 in this game than it was to hit level 99 in D2. You will need to kill over a million mobs(1.1 or something) to reach paragon level 100. That's like...2 years of gameplay lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So Paragon levels... basically it makes magic find gear obsolete once you reach the max? O_o
I haven't beaten the game so I don't know what the problem is, but it sounds like you switch to magic find gear just before killing champions/bosses like in Diablo 2, and they're trying to get rid of that?

Also it better not make PvP imbalanced because of the extra stats or that'll be realllly dumb

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Really happy about the changes they are making. I am definitely going to try out the game again after this patch.

Edit:

I should note though it's going to be even harder to hit level 160 in this game than it was to hit level 99 in D2. You will need to kill over a million mobs(1.1 or something) to reach paragon level 100. That's like...2 years of gameplay lol.
Imagine you reach that point and then you die in hardcore, OMGGGGG....

Top Bottom