• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Mafia wiki has Joat as "one-shot Cop, one-shot Doctor, one-shot Vig, and one-shot Roleblocker" so we're still good. I was worried about scum ninJOAT (if we're in that setup) being able to mimic a track.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lore check out my #1628. Let me know what you think I should look for in your posts regarding them.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore check out my #1628. Let me know what you think I should look for in your posts regarding them.
Thanks for the Rockin analysis.

With your Breakdown, Rockin reads like an inactive player who was flip flopping around while they were catching up / stalling for time to do so. The flip-flop vote to JTB seems consistent with someone who doesn't know the vote total or the actual game state itself, instead popping in for a hot take, realizing there might be more from someone else, then changes vote after that.

It's weird for sure, but I'm not sure where I'm leaning on it. The lack of swapping from JTB, though, is the weirdest bit of behavior. Has Rockin already been asked why he didn't swap?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Wait he has him as null here but still has his vote on him, despite having others as scum reads.

JTB is null currently.

and yeah, I feel his gut was accurate (or at least, I understood what he meant by it bothering him). Initially, when I first read through JTB's post before and after FF's post, I didn't see anything wrong. After rereading them, I can see some posts and statements that bothered him specifically. However, because it was mostly a gut read, I felt it wasn't enough justification for a vote.
Rockin, why did you keep your vote on JTB?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll be replying a bit slower today depending on what tickets come in (I work IT and mondays are slow here), but I'm here.

FoS: Ryker

For your vig kill confirm theory, why are you not accounting for the fact that Scum might not have used their one shot Vig? Heck, doesn't the NinJOAT have a one shot too or am I misunderstanding the role?
Did you miss the "if"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ah, that makes much more sense. I was super confused at the original take lol.

Going back and replying to people who responded to me yesterday, but I want to Unvote as well. I hate using meta as reasoning, but Utopian gets very fervent when he gets power roles. His overreaction makes more sense in that context.

I truly believe that he's either tracker or jailer. Leaning tracker for now and would like to see flips/night actions on D3+ before that is confirmed. If we have a bodyguard (which we would if we have tracker), that bodyguard should protect Poyzin toNight. If we don't, that means we have a jailer and we should have a mass "I'm not the bodyguard" counterclaim toMorrow to prove Poyzin is jailer.

Best case, we have a Town power role in Poyzin that will be protected toNight. Worst case, Poyzin is a Scum power role and dies toMorrow.
Uhh,... why? Driving, but that plan is easily played around. Can explain later if no one else does.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mafia wiki has Joat as "one-shot Cop, one-shot Doctor, one-shot Vig, and one-shot Roleblocker" so we're still good. I was worried about scum ninJOAT (if we're in that setup) being able to mimic a track.
Read OP. Jack's are different

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Did you miss the "if"
"when we have a third kill go off, we know that UP is lying"

"If no one CCs, we should go one more day to see if another player turns up dead, THEN lynch Poyzin. "

These appear to be the two possibilities you presented, and both say that if a third person dies then Poyzin is lying. Neither accounts for the scum vig not having shot or the ninJOAT (if they have one) choosing to shoot.

Read OP. Jack's are different
I do not see anything, but there are multiple large gaps in the OP. My work PC does not load images from sites well due to security, particularly embeds and attachments. If someone could fill me in on if something is there, please let me know.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 8:45 AM 6/18 Edition

Lore (1): Gorf,
Utopian (1): Kary,
FrozenFlame (2): Ryker, Pythag
Ryker (3): Tom, UtopianPoyzin, Mac
Rockin (1): Ranmaru,

Not Voting(6): Spak, Nabe, FrozenFlame, Rockin, JTB, Lore

With 14 alive, it takes 8/14 for majority. Deadline is 6/24/18 at 8:00 A.M. CST

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame , JTB JTB Have been prodded.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, they can make themselves a ninja, godfather, or bullet proof. That is it. Since you are not voting, join me on Rockin.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mafia conf to have a 1 shot big. Maf had either joat who picks between ninja godfather and I think BP or they have a jailer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They have a 2 shot big, 2 shot peek, and a 2 shot jail. Don't die you dummy, drive safely.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
IF WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE MAFIA SHOT

Or something like that. I know it's in the post
I see where it is, and it applies to your first presented scenario. Thanks. However, you have nothing of the sort for the last scenario. I'm assuming that Ran's incoming explanation will explain how our JOAT works with your presented scenarios.

Take a break and drive safe btw, the thread will be here when you get back. The FOS was not a vote, in order to just get an explanation and point out the inconsistency if you didn't have an explanation.

No, they can make themselves a ninja, godfather, or bullet proof. That is it. Since you are not voting, join me on Rockin.
Thanks for the explanation.

Vote: Rockin

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I pulled over.

Anyway, scum team is either JOAT 1 shot Vig or Jailer 1 shot vig.

If jailer + vig then town is Joat Inno child.

If the latter it is either Joat inno child or Tracker Bodyguard inno child.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
This is the information that is is in the images of the OP. Taken from this website: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/16518-Ninjas-and-Guns-17er-1
Town JOAT
Has the following abilities: 2-Shot Peek, 2-Shot Vig, 2-Shot Jail.
All abilities must be used once before any can be used a second time.

Mafia Ninja JOAT
Every night you may choose one of the following passive abilities:
  1. Ninja: Make yourself untrackble for this night phase
  2. Godfather: Make yourself peek as a villager for this night phase
  3. Bulletproof: Wear your bulletproof vest for this night phase (can be re-used until you are shot, at which point this action can no longer be used)

NOTE: This is a choice of passive ability, not a night action, and as such it cannot be tracked or roleblocked.

Setup
Jailkeepers and Doctors cannot target the same player on consecutive nights. Jailkeepers cannot target themselves.

Villa Cop gets a random n0 town peek. Peeks alignment (town/mafia).

Mafia Cop gets a random n0 vanilla town peek. Peeks full role.

Mod rands the setup (rows and columns), then rands the "OR" statements. This means each row/column has a 10% chance of being chosen. Setup 4 & Setup B cannot have two jailkeepers.

The two randed mafia roles should be assigned in alphabetical order so as not to modspew the setup to the mafia team.

1. 1A - Cop, Jailkeeper, Vanilla. Jailkeeper, 1-Shot Vigilante
  2. 1B - Cop, Jailkeeper, Vanilla. Ninja JOAT, 1-Shot Vigilante
  3. 2A - Vanilla, Doctor, Masons. Role Cop, 1-Shot Vigilante
  4. 3A - Tracker, Innocent Child, Bodyguard. Ninja JOAT, 1-Shot Vigilante
  5. 4A - 1-Shot Bulletproof, Vigilante, Vanilla. Jailkeeper, Role Cop
  6. 4B - 1-Shot Bulletproof, Vigilante, Vanilla. Jailkeeper, Ninja JOAT
  7. 4C - 1-Shot Bulletproof, Vigilante, Vanilla. Ninja JOAT, Role Cop
  8. 5A - Vanilla, Vanilla, JOAT. Jailkeeper, 1-Shot Vigilante
  9. 5B - Vanilla, Vanilla, JOAT. Jailkeeper, Role Cop
  10. A1 - Cop, 1-Shot Bulletproof, Vanilla. Ninja JOAT, 1-Shot Vigilante
  11. A2 - Cop, 1-Shot Bulletproof, Vanilla. Ninja JOAT, Role Cop
  12. B1 - Doctor, Tracker, Vanilla. Jailkeeper, Role Cop
  13. B2 - Doctor, Tracker, Vanilla. Jailekeeper, Ninja JOAT
  14. B3 - Doctor, Tracker, Vanilla. Ninja JOAT, Role Cop
  15. C1 - Jailkeeper, Vigilante, Vanilla. Role Cop, 1-Shot Vigilante
  16. D1 - Vanilla, Innocent Child, JOAT. Jailkeeper, 1-Shot Vigilante
  17. D2 - Vanilla, Innocent Child, JOAT. Ninja JOAT, 1-Shot Vigilante
  18. E1 - Masons, Bodyguard, Vanilla. Jailkeeper, 1-Shot Vigilante

I can pm to players on request, if needed.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What I was saying was that if Scum Vig was the one who shot, town JOAT should shoot someone (not poyzin so jailer cant save him). If theres another kill and no JOAT claim, we know Poyzin is scum. In fact if scum shoot tonight and the JOAT shot last night, it still confirms him scum, but they wont do that.

In the second scenario, the tracker CCs him because Poyzin isnt the tracker. We lynch UP and the bodyguard covers the tracker.

Now. Your plan hinges on scum not just playing to your requirements and forcing town into a mislynch. I'm not going through that one fully at this gas station.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Unless this is some game throwing gambit from UP, I imagine we're in jailer land and they know UP wont be counter claimed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Please let me know if I missed anything.

Unrelated to the above, but can NinJOAT track? It may ruin my theory from a post ago about how we should wait for toNight.
you seem to have missed UP's tracker claim. i do not know why he would be jailer

also is everyone sure that they understand the setup now? the mafia had a 1 shot vig and that's all of their extra night kills. now they have 1 goon, 1 spent vig, and 1 ninja joat. ninja joat makes himself untrackable from now on. we have a bodyguard. it would be awesome if ryker were the ninja joat but i really doubt they had the joat do the kill, so hes probably spent vig or goon.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What I was saying was that if Scum Vig was the one who shot, town JOAT should shoot someone (not poyzin so jailer cant save him). If theres another kill and no JOAT claim, we know Poyzin is scum. In fact if scum shoot tonight and the JOAT shot last night, it still confirms him scum, but they wont do that.

In the second scenario, the tracker CCs him because Poyzin isnt the tracker. We lynch UP and the bodyguard covers the tracker.

Now. Your plan hinges on scum not just playing to your requirements and forcing town into a mislynch. I'm not going through that one fully at this gas station.
Makes sense, thanks for the explanation. Drive safe.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
you seem to have missed UP's tracker claim. i do not know why he would be jailer

also is everyone sure that they understand the setup now? the mafia had a 1 shot vig and that's all of their extra night kills. now they have 1 goon, 1 spent vig, and 1 ninja joat. ninja joat makes himself untrackable from now on. we have a bodyguard. it would be awesome if ryker were the ninja joat but i really doubt they had the joat do the kill, so hes probably spent vig or goon.
I'm a VT, you chuckle****.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Nah I saw it, and I spent the last spiel of posts discussing what that means in terms of setup lol. Doesn't Jailer get tracker-esque results if their jailed person tries to target anyone?

I understand the setup now too, luckily. I was unable to see it at work and didn't check on other PCs, having assumed there was nothing missing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am curious why Pythag and Rockin are not saying as much now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Nah I saw it, and I spent the last spiel of posts discussing what that means in terms of setup lol. Doesn't Jailer get tracker-esque results if their jailed person tries to target anyone?

I understand the setup now too, luckily. I was unable to see it at work and didn't check on other PCs, having assumed there was nothing missing.
i doubt town joat gets any confirmation at all when jailing. it would be a departure from the norm. also the jailkeeper MU wiki page also explicitly states jailkeepers "will not learn whether your target was successfully protected from any kills, nor will you learn whether your target had a Night Action. "

also to make sure we are totally clear - there is no town jailer possible. the only town jail we're talking about is the town joat's power. there is a mafia jailer in some setups with a inno child but never with a tracker and inno child.

If UP claimed Tracker with a "no visit" result just to get reactions, I'm going to scream. Hopefully that's not the case.
lol

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
theres also NOT a town JOAT in this game if there is a TRACKER

SETUP IS: 3A: Tracker, Innocent Child, Bodyguard vs Ninja JOAT, 1-shot Vigilante

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
i doubt town joat gets any confirmation at all when jailing. it would be a departure from the norm. also the jailkeeper MU wiki page also explicitly states jailkeepers "will not learn whether your target was successfully protected from any kills, nor will you learn whether your target had a Night Action. "

also to make sure we are totally clear - there is no town jailer possible. the only town jail we're talking about is the town joat's power. there is a mafia jailer in some setups with a inno child but never with a tracker and inno child.

lol
I'm saying it as an assumption that it's a mafia jailer, yes. Thanks for the explanation on Jailkeeper though! Narrows it down, then.

Now we're stuck in limbo with this until UP is back.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm saying it as an assumption that it's a mafia jailer, yes. Thanks for the explanation on Jailkeeper though! Narrows it down, then.

Now we're stuck in limbo with this until UP is back.
how likely do you think that is?

Top Bottom