• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If Town JOAT shot Night 1 they can't shoot again until Night 4. Am I wrong?
THEN THEY WOULD CLAIM, ITS NOT THAT HARD.

Town joat knows if their shot was blocked and they cant shoot.

Scum vig didnt get blocked because the only rules who can stop him are bodyguard who wouldve flipped, jailer who is scum, and scum joat.

As such, with a tiny modicum of common sense. Joat can either CC or keep his mouth shut and shoot tonight then CC if its blocked.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore it seems to me that he wanted to catch ryker lying about something and fought off the urge to drop his claim as long as possible but couldn't contain it. correct me if anyone disagrees with this perception. i have no idea if scum vig can shoot two people in one night. but i doubt that happened too.
Agreed. My idea of him being a Werkle-junior in terms of anger has slowly grown as well, and I've softened my view on his other actions.

Right now we are waiting on UP to give results, simple as that. Whatever Ryker says until then is meaningless.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I.

Am.

Not.

Dying.

Because.

There.

Is.

A.

Town.

PR.

Out.

There.

To.

Save.

Me.

One we dont necessarily have to out.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Agreed. My idea of him being a Werkle-junior in terms of anger has slowly grown as well, and I've softened my view on his other actions.

Right now we are waiting on UP to give results, simple as that. Whatever Ryker says until then is meaningless.
Are you stupid? Does reading comprehension elude you?

Everything I've said is said with UP claiming tracker bingo in mind. You have to address me if he comes through either way.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
OR THERES A TOWN TRACKER AND BODYGUARD AND THE TRACKER CLAIMS AND HAS BODYGUARD COVER FOR ONE MORE RESULT.
^This is exactly why I don't think you're bodyguard, Ryker.

Either Poyzin caught you red handed, he's lying, or he's doing the most ridiculous gambit of all time by claiming tracker after a no visit result.

Regardless, it's dependent on what Poyzin says his results are. I think backing off till then is the right call, am I correct everyone?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Engage with this or I will use my volume of posts and lack of anything better to do in order to drown this thread and everyone in it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
^This is exactly why I don't think you're bodyguard, Ryker.

Either Poyzin caught you red handed, he's lying, or he's doing the most ridiculous gambit of all time by claiming tracker after a no visit result.

Regardless, it's dependent on what Poyzin says his results are. I think backing off till then is the right call, am I correct everyone?
I CLAIMED VT

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CALL ME BODYGUARD AS A POSSIBILITY

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Are you stupid? Does reading comprehension elude you?

Everything I've said is said with UP claiming tracker bingo in mind. You have to address me if he comes through either way.
I'm not stupid, and I don't appreciate the tone here.

Like ffs it's common sense that we need to know what Utopian got as a result. There's no way it doesn't influence reads on you.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I CLAIMED VT

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CALL ME BODYGUARD AS A POSSIBILITY
Because lying is a thing, to cover up the fact that you're bodyguard if you are one. I'm trying to think through the scenarios. Please lay off the caps lock.

Treat it as a bingo. What do you do?
If it's an absolute bingo, like you being seen going to a body?

Lynch you for both that and attempting to bait out PR claims "to save yourself." This is common sense.

If it's a more vague bingo, like you visiting a random player? I'll have to think on that one more.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Thanks Ran, I appreciate that you are ironically the only one posting in thread right now who seems willing to read my posts.

I dont like anyone sidelining this affair. Scum want to either try and lynch me quickly before a CC or force a CC out of a PR. They want to do so while sidelining absolutely as hard as possible so if the court of public opinion goes against UP, they can bail.

I still dont like Rockin, but I've been distracted and havent dived through your case.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Because lying is a thing, to cover up the fact that you're bodyguard if you are one. I'm trying to think through the scenarios. Please lay off the caps lock.

If it's an absolute bingo, like you being seen going to a body?

Lynch you for both that and attempting to bait out PR claims "to save yourself." This is common sense.

If it's a more vague bingo, like you visiting a random player? I'll have to think on that one more.
Bait out PR claims to "save myself"

Are you a lunatic? A PR claim that stops a mislynch and lynched a scumbag?

And all of this is AFTER I have worked my ass off trying to get people like you to read how we can accomplish that WITHOUT having to trade the PR for a scumbag.

How are you so completely off base with what I've been saying?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay so this was not actually planned on my end for this who gambit to turn out as **** as it did.

I'm not actually tracker, but am a VT. I had two completely diffetent hypothetical scum teams that completely were reliant on whether Ryker was scum or not. Town!Ryker would have said that they didn't do anything, while a scum!Ryker would have called BS on my claim and outed it as a gambit. My read on Ryker was either hard town or hard scum, and i couldn't decide whether Ryker was actually trying to help town, or whether it was all a façade. So, I wanted to get a reaction and see how it ended up. If I can't make proper reads, I would rather take risky plays and get more confidence in my reads. I said earlier that it was a stupid play, but I'm not that much use to town in the area of scumhunting. Hopefully this helped. There are 3 possible combinations that involve the Innocent Child: one has a tracker, and the other two don't. Nobody in their right mind would counterclaim on D2 unless they like being NKed. So, if there still is no consensus about what the setup is as of now, then no combination is any more likely to VTs, as the power roles already know I was BSing. Will look back to find fishy reactions to the play, i.e. not trusting it, overtrusting it. After all, who the **** would claim Tracker and not post the result, unless they aren't tracker.

Unvote

Hopefully most of you aren't too shellshocked. I'm a vanilla townie. Next post i will evaluate my new hypothetical scum team, as my Ryker!scum team can be crossed out. Unless this is all just WIFOM and Ryker is actually scum, however I can't endorse that as of now. Unless there was fishy ****, then I'll have to scrap my entire list of scum reads once again and start from scratch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let's actually talk about Rockin, and UP you have to make up for all that. Stay in.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

Rockin votes Doop in his #944 after Ryker prompts him to speak in #905. He then switches to JTB after Ryker speaks to him again in #949. He does mention that he can understand why others are bothered by him but he simplies it to him being eager for marshy. Gorf and Kary both question him in #1116 and #1192. Rockin replies that Ryker wanted him on a relevant wagon, and that is why he switched in his #1153 and #1221 (and mentioned as such in #716 and #947)

Here's the problem. Doop has four votes. Kary, Gorf, me, and Marshy. In Rockin's #1315, he asks if Nabe is going to be replaced. This is after the wagon that has sparked on Doop. In his #1280, he has Jex and Doop as scumleans. Yet he's still voting JTB, and doesn't switch to Doop, his scumlean.

Rockin is scum, who preferred to stay off the wagon, rather then bus. This is in addition to Rockin neglecting to respond to my #442, and continuing his same opinion of me in his #462 . It also doesn't make sense that he doesn't respond, considers it not important (#1626), but still says the same thing anyway. He doesn't care to determine my alignment or consider my explanation, he only cares to point out 'ugly' things about me. This comes up again in his #1527. He expresses dislike of my Day 2 play but doesn't point out why, he's content with just stating it to spread fud. He's not being proactive either, as he's present in thread, and reacting to my post concerning him in his #1614. He's essentially a Rajam that never actually catches up, when Rajam actually does so with strong conclusions and reads. Rockin isn't trying to progress the game here.

this actually makes sense, at least the first half

it is weird how Rockin kept saying things expressing that he had a doop scumread early on but never joined the wagon or acted on it. but once the doop wagon started growing Rockin starts changing his tone saying that while Doop has said bad **** it's not reading as scummy to him anymore.. i def feel you on this

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm gonna talk a walk. In the rain.

I BADLY need to cool off.

Lore, talking with you infuriates me. Tom was not even close to interested in a fair trial.

I need to look at what Pythag actually said. Mac, Gorf, and Ran are still fine.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lore, get back on Rockin with me while you cool down please.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He'd have to leave the tunnel for that and he now has all the ammunition he needs to throw away his backtracking on the read.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I understand, it was dumb. Yet your vote is better on Rockin than on UP. That's all I'm saying.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Give me a good reason and I'll consider it. I only wanted a simple reaction from ryker but I let it stagnate for hours so people got overly anxious into an overreaction. Also I'll be ignoring any and all posts directed towards me about the play itself because I honestly couldn't give three and a half more ****s

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Get back in here. I know Ryker has made similar decisions like that, and so have I. We all are tempted into making gambits. Dgames has a history of gambits. Kary was too harsh.

Top Bottom