• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's only that setup if he is Tracker.

If he is, why the **** is he asking where I went when, if I was Bodyguard, I'd be dead for targeting last night?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My last post was saying that mafia jailer is unlikely, btw, and that I agree with Tom.

Also I don't believe that Ryker is Bodyguard or Town Joat. If Bodyguard, I don't think he'd be this vitriolic towards Poyzin claiming Tracker, instead choosing to be open about not stating his night action since he'd now have confirmation of the exact setup. Two townies would be completely confirmed.

If JOAT, I don't see a world where he wouldn't counterclaim to take out a scum.

It all comes down to what Poyzin's result was imo. But I may also be completely wrong, so I'd appreciate input.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
at this point, poyzin has no result that would make me want to lynch ryker off of this that isnt "i tracked ryker to marshy" or "i tracked ryker to kevin." the fud surrounding this makes it really ****ing hard to garner reads from all of this too, so why he wouldnt just claim this is beyond me. but there are way more scenarios where i come out wanting to lynch poyzin, many out of spite for how horribly awful this play would turn out to be

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
To be clear, what I'm saying is that I don't see Ryker as Bodyguard or JOAT if Poyzin is telling the truth.

However, I have no idea what result UP got. If this is some kind of gambit, I'm going to flip a table. (I won't get actually angry and rage in here, but you know what I mean)

R Ryker because im assuming he caught you at either kevinm or marshy. he isn't assuming you are the bodyguard at all
What I'm wondering is why he didn't immediately claim result if that happened.

Can the scum vig send the vig action AND the kill? Leaving NinJoat to do their thing?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I swear to god Tom, if I die this phase, I'll see you lynched for it
im literally not going to entertain the idea that you are a vanilla townie until UP posts again and then after that probably not either. UP claim tracker as non-tracker (scum or town) makes no sense to me. UP getting a bingo on your and floppin that **** on the table ASAP instead of waiting does make sense to me.

Lore Lore it seems to me that he wanted to catch ryker lying about something and fought off the urge to drop his claim as long as possible but couldn't contain it. correct me if anyone disagrees with this perception. i have no idea if scum vig can shoot two people in one night. but i doubt that happened too.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
im literally not going to entertain the idea that you are a vanilla townie until UP posts again and then after that probably not either. UP claim tracker as non-tracker (scum or town) makes no sense to me. UP getting a bingo on your and floppin that **** on the table ASAP instead of waiting does make sense to me.

Lore Lore it seems to me that he wanted to catch ryker lying about something and fought off the urge to drop his claim as long as possible but couldn't contain it. correct me if anyone disagrees with this perception. i have no idea if scum vig can shoot two people in one night. but i doubt that happened too.
This is not an open ended scenario. There is a Counterclaim here that saves me, but I dont want it if it's JOAT with a vig available. If no one CCs then we will be lynching not me or UP until after we see if there's a second double kill.

If you're not willing to work with me until then, I'm not gonna have one of those "Sorry buddy, I'll win this one for you," posts.

His claim looks like **** because it is **** and I'm not getting 1 for 1'd.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am curious why Pythag and Rockin are not saying as much now.
Because I’m west coast time. It’s early.

You are making interesting points on Rockin, which pains me because it’s easier for me to want to disagree with you. But I see where you’re coming from.

Right now I’m with Tom. Ryker has claimed VT, now we gotta wait for UP.

I’m wondering how many second thoughts UP is having based on how bad the reception is to his claim.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin is this going how you thought lol?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Okay, so set-up analysis time for counterclaim scenario.

Possible teams are

Tracker, Inno Child, Bodyguard vs NinJOAT, 1-shot Vig
Inno Child, JOAT vs NinJOAT, 1-shot vig
Inno Child, JOAT vs Jailer, 1-shot vig

The first is the world that UP is claiming we live in.

The last is a world we could be living in where scum know all the power roles.

Town JOAT should not CC him if we exist in one of those worlds and mafia is the one who took the second shot. Town JOAT should be shooting someone with their vig ability and when we have a third kill go off, we know that UP is lying.

Town Tracker should CC immediately if we live in that world. Bodyguard will give you another phase and we have nailed a second scumbag.

If no one CCs, we should go one more day to see if another player turns up dead, THEN lynch Poyzin.

Double check me.
lol ok ryker you know you can't live?

there's very few possibilities here:
  1. UP is town and tracked scumRyker to a dead body yesterday
  2. UP is scum and is pulling a gambit to get ryker killed for w/e reason I can maaaybe see scum pulling this gambit if Ryker was a PR (specifically a vig/joat or something) and they're tryna cause a mislynch in exchange for UP's life
  3. UP is newb town non tracker and he's just lying for some reason... doubt this is the case (esp after goign back and lookign at UP's posts earlier toDay) also i don't think you can be that bad to throw the game this way
  4. UP is newb town tracker and ****ed up somehow... this isn't really possible though. cuz idk how you can mess that up. i was thinking that maybe townRyker could be bodyguard and that's what UP saw... but you'd be dead if you were tracked to a body

the only possibility that really makes sense is the first

actually though now that I've laid these out, option 2 isn't THAT farfetched, since it's pretty powerful to trade newbScum in exchange for one of the most townie players that has a PR. buttt that's still a ****ing stretch

Ryker i don't understand how your plan makes any sense, what does keeping you alive give us... it just pushes this same situation off till tomorrow

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mac, look at it again from VT Ryker.

If there is a JOAT and he shoots someone, it proves that UP is lying WITHOUT outing who the JOAT is

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
but he ****ing didnt
did he not? what i mean is that he did not wait until late in the day for wagons/having to claim and definitely didn't wait until day 3. Day started on Monday and he claimed that same day. am i mischaracterizing this?

Tom can you respond to me.
yeah. #1628 is a fairly convincing case against rockin in that he was all about doop vocally but then did not vote that way. pythag i personally felt looked pretty clear after doop's flip.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This is not an open ended scenario. There is a Counterclaim here that saves me, but I dont want it if it's JOAT with a vig available. If no one CCs then we will be lynching not me or UP until after we see if there's a second double kill.
i don't understand this. tom's take here seems correct and obvious to me

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
but then again that plan doesn't work 100% because a scum jailer / BP could easily **** that up

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
There are three possible scenarios if you dont just accept that claim.

If there is a JOAT, then there is not a tracker.

If the JOAT shoots someone, we know there is a JOAT.

Therefore we know UP is scum without the JOAT outing himself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am not sure how viable a scum gambit D2 is after a scum lunch D1.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

If you're not willing to work with me until then, I'm not gonna have one of those "Sorry buddy, I'll win this one for you," posts.

His claim looks like **** because it is **** and I'm not getting 1 for 1'd.
oof

so you're saying there is a town JOAT out there who shot town last night, and there is either a mafia Ninja JOAT or a mafia jailkeeper, and mafia has decided to claim tracker to out the town JOAT?

lol ok ryker you know you can't live?

there's very few possibilities here:
  1. UP is town and tracked scumRyker to a dead body yesterday
  2. UP is scum and is pulling a gambit to get ryker killed for w/e reason I can maaaybe see scum pulling this gambit if Ryker was a PR (specifically a vig/joat or something) and they're tryna cause a mislynch in exchange for UP's life
  3. UP is newb town non tracker and he's just lying for some reason... doubt this is the case (esp after goign back and lookign at UP's posts earlier toDay) also i don't think you can be that bad to throw the game this way
  4. UP is newb town tracker and ****ed up somehow... this isn't really possible though. cuz idk how you can mess that up. i was thinking that maybe townRyker could be bodyguard and that's what UP saw... but you'd be dead if you were tracked to a body

the only possibility that really makes sense is the first

actually though now that I've laid these out, option 2 isn't THAT farfetched, since it's pretty powerful to trade newbScum in exchange for one of the most townie players that has a PR. buttt that's still a ****ing stretch

Ryker i don't understand how your plan makes any sense, what does keeping you alive give us... it just pushes this same situation off till tomorrow
right the reality of town!Ryker is slim to none but if its real its a big ol scum gambit to somehow out a town joat. which seems really unlikely.

Mac, look at it again from VT Ryker.

If there is a JOAT and he shoots someone, it proves that UP is lying WITHOUT outing who the JOAT is
if town joat shot someone night 1, he cannot shoot again until night 4. he has to use his other two powers before he shoots again. so this would NOT work.l

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ryker ya still gotta die

im not gonna focus too much on this anymore cuz it's a distraction. just gonna wait for UP

ran gonna take a look at your stuff now

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You lynch nothing without a chance for every player to CC and you SHOULD wait for a JOAT to shoot if no one does.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ryker ya still gotta die

im not gonna focus too much on this anymore cuz it's a distraction. just gonna wait for UP

ran gonna take a look at your stuff now
NO I DONT

Look at me, you horse's ass. You can lynch me only if there isn't a CC. We have GOT his stupid ass. There is no world where we lynch Ryker because I'm VT and the only way that scum get me killed is a lynch where people dont think.

The only gain they can possibly be aiming for is outing the JOAT and that can be sidestepped if people would read the ****ing setup instead of sitting on their ass.

Top Bottom