• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe ooc why was i your focus?
I was watching you a bit because of something tonal in your D2 entrance and the way you talked about Doop. And then it's petty, but I really started eyeballing you when you were talking about lynching me. That seemed ridiculous to me, because I knew there had been a scumflip and presumably lots of relevant posts D1, so then I went back to scope D1. Not trying to sound pre-cognizant, it was sheer dumb luck mixed with self-interest. Although I do think being inactive lends insight sometimes, because you're almost outside of the game.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
btw shoutout to UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin for hoppin in with us

that gambit was lol but i felt he was fairly townie outside of that plus it takes some balls to hop into a game with a bunch of ppl you dont know

so well done, just make sure that you correctly gambit by counterclaiming the (day)vig next time and youll b a pro mafia player in no time boyo

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not totally sure that's fair since life situations do happen. Like Nabe's situation was totally understandable.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
thank gorf this game got cancelled so i dont have to keep playing as scum

shoutouts to #HBC | marshy #HBC | marshy for putting this thing together. it was def nice to play with the homies again

gorf was def holding it down, there was like no doubt in my mind he'd make it to endgame easily

my b if i was abrasive with anyone e.g: Rockin, Tom even JTB.

Ranmaru, ppl have been offering you good criticism and **** all game. but imma just say that there's also a lot of value in being a super obv townie slot like you can be. one of the best things to do as and for town is make yourself incredible townie so everyone else can narrow their options when scumhunting. in this game, it was way better to have a townie like you than a townie like nabe. so kudos at least on that end
Nah it's fine. Granted, it did kind of dampen my spine a bit, but it's cool man.

I was so wrong with a lot of my reads. And this was a universe where Ryker, Marshy, and Tom were townies.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
fun games everyone 10chars

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The above is in jest, of course. It was really good to see the gang back together again.

Curious who mafia was going to get shot Night 2.

I do think Kary was tunneling too hard though.
Disagree. Rockin was town. Tom was town. Spak was town. I didn't have good options to switch to, and I wanted a flip to give me better direction.
Or, I was tunneling, but I knew what I was doing.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker , not that i wanna bring up old arguments but now that the game's over, i wanna say that Tom was 100% right is saying that you had to die during UPs gambit.

at that point UP and you set up an irrefutable contradiction where one of you had to be lying, so at worst it was 50/50 of hitting scum; which is better odds than for anyone else. Add on to that that UP was the un-cced tracker, then there's literally no reason not to believe him since optimal town play for every other conflicting PR is to CC him and 100% guarantee a scum lynch as a trade for their own life. (ofc we didn't know that he was going for some weird anti-town gambit at the time)

so yea Tom's right in that town has no other option but to lynch you. i was pretty surprised that you scumread Tom for his behavior during that whole situation

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker , not that i wanna bring up old arguments but now that the game's over, i wanna say that Tom was 100% right is saying that you had to die during UPs gambit.

at that point UP and you set up an irrefutable contradiction where one of you had to be lying, so at worst it was 50/50 of hitting scum; which is better odds than for anyone else. Add on to that that UP was the un-cced tracker, then there's literally no reason not to believe him since optimal town play for every other conflicting PR is to CC him and 100% guarantee a scum lynch as a trade for their own life. (ofc we didn't know that he was going for some weird anti-town gambit at the time)

so yea Tom's right in that town has no other option but to lynch you. i was pretty surprised that you scumread Tom for his behavior during that whole situation
No, the problem with that is that optimal town play was not present. There were multiple slots literally unable to CC.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This game was fun to spectate, shame it ended this way. Would love to watch a reboot game fosho

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i had a very good time playing this game. day 1 was easy to play, i was very excited to play with all the fam. day 2 was harder. apologies for p much dipping mid-end of day 2, the game became incredibly frustrating for me to read and i started to feel the effort being active was wasted - not a healthy attitude for a townie to have, but the feel was real. i just bought a house and im moving this week and so i p much closed off

i would love to play another game, but not if its this big. 13-14 max prolly.

congrats to mac and nabe. i was pretty confident in trusting nabe throughout the game. i got weird feelings from mac - but they were specifically about his opinion of me, and that's hard to judge. so i probably would have voted with nabe in lylo.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
i had a very good time playing this game. day 1 was easy to play, i was very excited to play with all the fam. day 2 was harder. apologies for p much dipping mid-end of day 2, the game became incredibly frustrating for me to read and i started to feel the effort being active was wasted - not a healthy attitude for a townie to have, but the feel was real. i just bought a house and im moving this week and so i p much closed off

i would love to play another game, but not if its this big. 13-14 max prolly.

congrats to mac and nabe. i was pretty confident in trusting nabe throughout the game. i got weird feelings from mac - but they were specifically about his opinion of me, and that's hard to judge. so i probably would have voted with nabe in lylo.
GG for sure. Congrats on the house!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Well, gg. I don't know if I ever would have hit up Gorf as mafia, but glad there is good spirits all around.

Y'all wouldve been ****ed if I was scum tho and made the same play.

I'm going to wait until I'm sitting down before writing my final take on the game, if anybody wants to hear it.

Top Bottom