• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
took a van door right to the side of the kneecap at work, also had my foot parked on, gotten my arm pinched between cars, hit in the knee with a shovel, took a car door to the gut. thats just at work lol
never broke anything thuogh :phone:
first time i read this, i thought it all happened in one day. forgot the context of the comment.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So today at UCF I had this nice long conversation with this one cute religious girl. There seemed to be a lot of chemistry between us, and I enjoyed talking with her/debating with her, but she was dumber than a bag of bricks. Pursue? Yes/no?

#HBC | Dancer

I do like her, I'm just worried that are differences might keep things from working out.

Or should I not be thinking along those lines (serious question)?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
How is there chemistry between the two of you if she's dumb?

:phone:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Try being just friends with her and sort out your feelings. That way, you don't have to commit to anything and you subsequently get a better feel for that person.

On another note, one thing I've learned is to never think about the future with girls. Or, it's something I'm TRYING not to think about, anyway.

Attraction isn't a simple formula, JTB.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So today at UCF I had this nice long conversation with this one cute religious girl. There seemed to be a lot of chemistry between us, and I enjoyed talking with her/debating with her, but she was dumber than a bag of bricks. Pursue? Yes/no?
Eventually, you'll get annoyed with her stupidity. She might be fun for a while.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Didn't mean to sound condescending, it was a serious question :(

#HBC | Dancer

Like I said, I enjoyed talking to her. I laughed at her jokes and she did at mine. It just felt like time well spent.

When she started talking about her religious beliefs, I recognized a lot of her arguments as very dull and stereotypical. When trying to justify my lack of believe, she used very clinche, poor arguments to try to rebut me ("Your just know that God exists when you let him into your life").

I didn't really mind this though, which is why I'm wondering if I should still pursue her or not.

@JTB: No worries.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Eventually, you'll get annoyed with her stupidity. She might be fun for a while.
He might not, better to just see how things turn out.

There's a video I saw of this dude asking his (blonde) girlfriend some basic math questions. The girlfriend's thought process was all sorts of random and stupid and she definitely didn't answer the questions correctly. However, for whatever reason, that guy had been dating her for two years. He wasn't exactly ugly either, so chances are he really just loves her and cares about her despite her vastly smaller intellectual capacity. This pretty much falls in alignment with my theory of the friend zone not existing; either she likes you or she doesn't, and vice versa, regardless of whether or not an individual possesses traits that are seemingly universally unattractive.

@Sword - quit asking so many questions and ask her to hang out. :p

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Religion is a deal breaker for me.

About a year ago I started talking to this cute girl after class one day. We talked for about 3 hours straight and it felt really easy (which is unusual for me because I'm pretty quiet most of the time) and it was legitimately one of those moments where you completely lose track of time. She added me on fb and would strike up a fb convo every time we were both online. We actually had a lot in common, and not just that we both like the colour blue or enjoy long walks on the beach... we were both pretty family orientated, had similar commitments in life, etc.

Then I found out she was a pretty devout Mormon from a blog she linked on her profile, and I was like WAIT WHAT?! She basically talked about how much her religion means to her and how she enjoys reading the bible etc and how she's planning to go on all these religious trips... I mean I have nothing against that stuff but I'm not the kind of guy who wants to spend every Sunday at church (no offense to any religious dGamers :p). And it felt like a bit of a **** move that she'd never mentioned it in all the times we'd talked. Eh, what can you do though.

We're still friends (she got friendzoned, ikr?), but the sort of friend you only talk to when you just happen to run into them.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, I enjoyed talking to her. I laughed at her jokes and she did at mine. It just felt like time well spent.

When she started talking about her religious beliefs, I recognized a lot of her arguments as very dull and stereotypical. When trying to justify my lack of believe, she used very clinche, poor arguments to try to rebut me ("Your just know that God exists when you let him into your life").

I didn't really mind this though, which is why I'm wondering if I should still pursue her or not.

@JTB: No worries.
I actually had a girl try to convince me that she could she ghosts and spirits, and me trying to be as nice as possible responded with something like:

"ah, well I've never seen any before, so I wouldn't know"
"yeah well you're probably not looking properly"
"..."

It's always the crazy ones I seem to attract... why can't I find a nice atheist girl!

#HBC | Dancer

@Sword - quit asking so many questions and ask her to hang out. :p
Lol, I just meat her today. Your acting like I've been putting this off. =p

But no seriously, thanks for the advice BarDull.

Another thing about the whole "chemistry" thing was, like Vandie said, my conversation with her just flowed really easily, like in a way that's unusual for me because of my social awkwardness. I basically told her a lot of my life story (something I haven't even done for past girlfriends), and she seemed genuinely interested in it. It was nice, to say the least.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You're going to sleep?

i'm sorry mr. obama sir, but I gotta earn my dollars

grasshoppers are bros.
peace

---------------------------------------------------------------------

my initial reaction was no; because eventually her being dumb will grate too much, i.e.:
but no, on second thoughts, no. A friend of mine has a policy of just asking out people he likes, it works ok. People aren't JUST dumb, they have different strengths. If you like her then it's worth pursuing it to some extent and seeing how it works out. If you keep asking yourself 'what am I doing' then no, but see how it goes.

Religion is a tricky one, but IMO the bottom line is the arguments a person has for why they do something aren't always why they do something; if you like the person, and what you like about them can stand apart from them being religious- not a dealbreaker

July

Smash Apprentice
It really depends on how much her religious views matter to you, Swords. If you can handle someone being very strongly religious, then that's fine, my only warning being that you have to consider whether she'll be okay with your lack of religion as well. My first bf was moderately religious while I'm not, and while it worked out at first, eventually he tried to force me to go to church and started pulling lines like "I want you to believe in God because I care about you and don't want you to go to hell" :-/ since then finding someone who is intelligent about religion and politics is very important to me, regardless of what they believe.

If her religiousness does bother you now or you know it likely will bother you, then I'd think twice about looking for a long term relationship with her, but for now, if you want to just get to know her and see how things go, go for it :)

#HBC | Dancer

I actually had a girl try to convince me that she could she ghosts and spirits, and me trying to be as nice as possible responded with something like:

"ah, well I've never seen any before, so I wouldn't know"
"yeah well you're probably not looking properly"
"..."

It's always the crazy ones I seem to attract... why can't I find a nice atheist girl!
Lol. This actually brings me to my last question.

So one more factor that's probably the most important one. You see, this girl claims to have seen a demon before (yikes), which she states is one of her reasons for believing in God. However, when I pressed her for details, she basically said that she saw "A shadowy figure at night on the beach who did this weird thing with his arms, had super white eyes and teeth, who grinned at her in a creepy way." Now, that doesn't sound to me like a demon as it does a black guy doing yoga, so I'm pretty sure that she was just freaking herself out (the imagination is a powerful thing after all), but that paranoia does give me slight pause.

Thoughts?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Was saving this for a vote count but it's funnier here:

my only warning being that you have to consider whether she'll be okay with your lack of religion as well.
Yeah this is it really. I don't think I'd be able to put up with someone trying to convert me.

Bardull's suggestion is good though.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Lol. This actually brings me to my last question.

So one more factor that's probably the most important one. You see, this girl claims to have seen a demon before (yikes), which she states is one of her reasons for believing in God. However, when I pressed her for details, she basically said that she saw "A shadowy figure at night on the beach who did this weird thing with his arms, had super white eyes and teeth, who grinned at her in a creepy way." Now, that doesn't sound to me like a demon as it does a black guy doing yoga, so I'm pretty sure that she was just freaking herself out (the imagination is a powerful thing after all), but that paranoia does give me slight pause.

Thoughts?
don't ask people why they believe in God.

Sounds stupid but ehh. IMO asking people why is more or less a waste because right now it's a given that they do and whether they have a good reason to isn't relevant to them.

I think if you have to ask something, ask them what you think of you not believing.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ask her which mafia role she identifies with most with being a Christian: mason, cult, fool, warlock, or yak.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ask her which mafia role she identifies with most as being a Christian: mason, cult, fool, warlock, or yak.
Mason: friends/lovers with another Christian.
Cult: Self explanatory.
Warlock: Successfully predict two apocalypses or the 2nd coming of Jesus.
Yakuza: ????????
Fool: She's actually a Jehovah's Witness.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
>Force her to take some hard stances
>See if her scum reads lines up with your own
>If she changes her stances later on in the game, call her out on it
>If you can agree with her reads, buddy her and be Townies
>If not lynch her scummy ***

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
There is actually a thread on MafiaScum about comparing real life situations to mafia.

Let's not go there.

yo baby im gonna scumhunt you so hard tonight you'll be wishing you were the town doctor

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
For God so loved mafia, that he gave us Soup, for whosoever playeth mafia with him shall discover that he does not perish, but has everlasting life.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm not sure whether to feel insulted or enlightened so my avatar will do the talking for me.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So, I spent 5 hours at the beach and I got super sun burned. :(

#HBC | ѕoup

For God so loved mafia, that he gave us Soup, for whosoever playeth mafia with him shall discover that he does not perish, but has everlasting life.
I'm not sure whether to feel enlightened or insulted.

Top Bottom