• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Speaking of playlists, someone teach me the ways of finding good music. I'm a terribly sheltered youth that doesn't know heads from tails in regards to surfing the vast web for music goodies.

Oh, and how to yoink them and such. That would be stellar. Magnific. Superb. INCREDIBLE!

And I'm currently partially drunk primarily from Jager and Monster, but that won't stop me from being a champion poster. NO SIRREE.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Talking about the playlists & music is cool. Talking about downloading em is not.

Go buy it rawr.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Happy birthday, Vanderzant!

About finding new music, it really is a combination of things.
The first thing that comes up to me is Youtube. Make sure you have an account and add songs you like to your favorites. I have 1420 favorites on Youtube. And guess what, if I go to my homepage, I get suggestions. I take time to look at these suggestions. Then, when listening to songs in my favorites, I look at the suggestions on that page. I click on a few things, listen to it, click further. Take time and look around.

Because I have hiphop videos in my favorites and comment every so often, I get sent messages by underground hiphop artists asking me to check them out. and I do. The underground artists are often the most surprising ones. Once again, use that time to look at related videos.

When you find something good, look if it has relationships to other songs. As for hiphop, you can check the sampled song. Otherwise, look up the band on wikipedia and look at "related acts", that will often find similar stuff.

Make sure you let others people know you like music and that you're always looking for more. I talk about music a lot, if I send someone stuff I like and he likes it too, there's a good chance that he knows more similar artists. Other people send me a lot of music. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't, but I do take the time for it.

Because I have such a broad taste in music, I get to talk with a lot of people about it, which in turn gets me even more recommendations.

Another thing you want to do is liking your favorite artists on Facebook. Not only will you get regular status updates about new albums dropping, you also get to look at when they tour and by the line up, you can find new artists. Not to mention, artists give shout outs to others by Facebook often enough. Especially in the underground world. Keep an eye out for that.

Oh and look at your parents. While my mom is primarily a Madonna fan, and I don't think too highly of that, she still has a lot of good music in her collection.

Urgh. Wall. I know I missed stuff, but eh. Enjoy!

edit:
Oh right, another thing. If you ever play games, watch out for the composer. Game music is often great. If the game has a theme song you like, check out the band. If your show has a theme song you like, check out the band. Both for opening and ending. That helps.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Pandora is the devil. For some reason no matter what station I put it on it eventually goes back to the Beatles, not that they're a bad band. It's just that 40 hours of music doesn't constitute 40 hours of Beatles.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Speaking of playlists, someone teach me the ways of finding good music. I'm a terribly sheltered youth that doesn't know heads from tails in regards to surfing the vast web for music goodies.

Oh, and how to yoink them and such. That would be stellar. Magnific. Superb. INCREDIBLE!

And I'm currently partially drunk primarily from Jager and Monster, but that won't stop me from being a champion poster. NO SIRREE.
Use Pandora.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I love that song so goddamn much.

EBWOPreview: This is me finding out that the word "goddamn" is not censored by Smash Boards. wuuuuuut.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I've used Pandora for a couple years. Nice thing to have when I'm at a computer.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
DGamers going to WHOBO? I know I'm driving through Louisiana and picking up BSL so we can stay at Gova's. Who are we going to meet us there?

NOTE: By attending, you run the risk of being conscripted into a rolling squad of hype.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I suggest subscribing to spotify rather than pandora, solely because you can listen to those songs you like any time you want.

:phone:

Top Bottom