• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
honestly, based on the initial findings it would've been fair to say that it was one mistake. Hell, the decision about whether to report to the police or immediate superiors is a tough one because you false accusations aren't exactly uncommon.

But no, not after the full investigation findings, he specifically worked to hide it in order to protect the program.

That isn't one mistake, that's a pattern of protecting abusers and no matter what else he did, that wipes it all away.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah the whole point of that **** is because the football culture is what protected Sandusky in the first place. After a mammoth precedent like this, it's very possible that nothing of the sort will ever happen again, and I don't make grand statements like that lightly. At the very least, people that choose to look the other way on moral travesties because of sport credentials of all ****ing things know they have to look over their shoulders while they do so.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also Xonar is pronounced with an X not a Z but Ive grown used to it :(
Really? But...that's less pleasant to say for no reason. "KSO-nar" sits awkwardly in the mouth in a way that "ZO-nar" just doesn't. It's like trying to force three vowels into a space only big enough for two.

This legitimately bothers me. Your name is Zonar.

Also RAM-ZEEZ RAM-ZEEZ RAM-ZEEZ.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Really? But...that's less pleasant to say for no reason. "KSO-nar" sits awkwardly in the mouth in a way that "ZO-nar" just doesn't. It's like trying to force three vowels into a space only big enough for two.

This legitimately bothers me. Your name is Zonar.

Also RAM-ZEEZ RAM-ZEEZ RAM-ZEEZ.

Xonar <> Zonar is simply a matter of Americans being bad at pronounciation :v
In America I can be Zonar, in The Netherlands I am Xonar. Deal with it.

Also, Rahm-sehs.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also Xonar is pronounced with an X not a Z but Ive grown used to it :(

Then there's the way you Ameri***s slaughter Ramses...

:phone:
There exists a second hydra I want to explode every time I see it. Unfortunately, it has Stew in it. Oh, the dilemmas.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's not that I like Stew more than you.

It's that your gogdamn hydra name stretches the forums for ****ing weeks every time it joins a game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah the whole point of that **** is because the football culture is what protected Sandusky in the first place. After a mammoth precedent like this, it's very possible that nothing of the sort will ever happen again, and I don't make grand statements like that lightly. At the very least, people that choose to look the other way on moral travesties because of sport credentials of all ****ing things know they have to look over their shoulders while they do so.
Here's the thing, this isn't even about football or football culture. This pattern has been repeated through a massive number of organizations from police departments to the catholic church, from political parties to schools.

People will protect their own from outsiders, usually primarily for the sake of the reputation of the organization.

While hiding it usually hurts the reputation even more, people usually hope that they won't get caught. That's where nuclear options like this kick in. You make the penalty so harsh that it's just not worth the risk of getting caught hiding it.

werd

america = BEST ****ing planet on earth

:phone:
America, f*** YEA!

Top Bottom